DIMEUS is the service provider for National Defence Headquarters.
DIMEUS needs to create a Windows 7 desktop configuration that will be based on the Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) configuration as a starting point to save time in order to meet a end of March 2014 deployment date.
Variants will be required with one for the internet network (NCR NET), one for the standard Protected B and Secret CEO networks, a stand alone variant for below Secret and stand alone one for Secret and above.
Statement of Work:
1. Review existing AD configurations for Windows 7 support.
2. Review desktop software requirements.
3. Review Windows 7 and Office 2010 requirements.
4. Review options SCCM and WSUS for Windows 7 deployment.
5. Review existing documents and settings re-use for DIMEUS.
6. Review desktop testing procedures.
7. Review existing image management for knowledge transfer.
1. Recommend AD changes to support Windows 7.
2. Recommend OS deployment options and develop standardized deployment plan.
3. Recommend Windows 7 and MS Office 2010 configuration.
4. Recommend configuration or updates for desktop software on Windows 7.
5. Recommend ongoing testing procedures for maintaining Windows 7.
6. Work with PM, Technical Writer and DIMEUS staff to modify DRDC documentation for DIMEUS use and RFC approval.
7. Work with DIMEUS to create applicable GPOs for management of Windows 7 and software.
8. Work with DIMEUS staff to allow knowledge transfer.
9. Attend meetings or working groups as required.
10. Provide monthly report on status of work completed
Minimum of 2 years experience with in the last 3 years in planning and migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 in an environment of over 1,000 users
Minimum of 2 years experience with in the last 3 years in modification of group policy objects (GPOs) and Windows 7 configuration to support application functionality
Minimum of 2 years experience with in the last 3 years in configuring domains both in Windows 2003 and Windows 2008R2 to support Windows 7
Minimum of 2 years experience with in the last 3 years working with Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
Minimum of 2 years experience with in the last 3 years working with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 supporting Windows 7
Minimum of 2 years experience with in the last 3 years working with DRDC and DND Windows 7 configurations
Certified MCITP on Windows 2008
Certified MCITP on Windows 7
Must hold a valid Government of Canada Security clearance to the level of Secret.