Art Gallery

Art Gallery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
Cleaner (Former Employee), edinburghSeptember 3, 2014
I liked working for the gallery, got on well with management and staff around me...worked well in a team and on my own.

Would go back but not doing split shifts.
A very productive and fun experience.
sales attendant (Former Employee), Lagos, NogeriaJune 23, 2014
My co-workers are usually very lazy especially on Monday mornings. I was basically the odd one out, who does almost everything at work and receive a higher payment than other workers. Days like Tuesdays and Thursdays, we have a painting competition between myself and five other co-workers. The hardest part of the job is where i receive a call from my – more... boss that i have to work on a day i am not supposed to because the day might be scheduled for something else i have to do. Nevertheless, i have the most fulfilled days during the weekend. On saturdays, we have the paint balling session with several customers. This special activity attracts all other people to check out our gallery and buy art works. – less
Calm, peaceful, and great work
Gallery Guard (Former Employee), Merced, CAMay 30, 2014
A quiet art gallery with 2-3 exhibitions per academic school year. I had a great time working here as a gallery guard, and promoting the art gallery through social media.
Friendly and creative place
DESIGNER of Bags and Accessories (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTMay 24, 2014
Working in a Gallery was exciting because I was surrounded of artists and artworks all day long, and I could sell my own bags and accessories without intermediary
A fun place to work
Tour Guide (Current Employee), Sweet Briar, VAApril 11, 2014
As a tour guide, the day would start by the tour guides setting up for the fourth grade students to arrive from the surrounding areas. I would set up the Odyssey Game where the children are able to act out Odysseus' journey after the trojan war when he was on his way back home to his wife.
Great learning experience, hard work but a lot of fun.
o Gallery Manager/Curator (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 24, 2013
Commission based salary was difficult to work with, but the job was more for gaining experience than for money. Owner is a great person.
Fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 22, 2013
A very well organised gallery that environment wise was fantastic although it was not my cup of tea
Good Entry Level
Ok
meeting new people
Professional enviroment,
Manager (Former Employee), HavanaAugust 16, 2012
Pros: very little supervision
Cons: poor technical support
The Art Gallery was a fun place to work in. The interaction with artist gave me the opportunity to bring up my persuasion skill. Also, the staffs and managers were active communicated in order to bring up the gallery's services.
Great local art gallery
SALES ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAApril 24, 2012
Pros: independent positions, competitive sales prices
Cons: commission positions, no benefits
Great management and artwork! Self contractor opportunites, no work hour restictions or requirements

About Art Gallery

Founded in 1935, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is the only museum in the western United States devoted to collecting – Read more