Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
New skills
ETL Developer (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 20, 2014
always able to apply newskills.Identified situations where new skills can be applied
Productive and fun
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: encouraging culture
Cons: long contracts
I learned so much from the VP and Operations manager, I looked up
to them and hope to some day be an example of their leadership.
Extensive Office experience working in a group or on my own. Could be relied on for help or assistance and enjoyed multiple aspects of my work.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: hour for lunch, fun people, sense of humors, flexible
Cons: tight timelines, stress, work load
I worked for Arrow for almost 19 years and it was one of the best places I worked. I got into the industry through someone I knew not what I knew but that quickly changed throughout the years. The best part of the job was my local office, the people were extraordinary and we all got along well and everyone had a sense of humor. I enjoyed going to work – more... everyday . It had an open door policy and you could go talk to local management and feel heard and not judged. I got to learn different job positions as well as multiple computer programs as each supplier had a unique system for their business purposes. I enjoyed all the people that called or walked through the door and made many acquaintances and lifelong friends. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate everyone's needs within the time frame they required, due to circumstances out of your control.
What I learned was people skills, communication, customer service, multiple computer skills, how to listen, how to resolve a problem, offer solutions to customers, patience, mostly how to be a team player and also took time to help others.
Due to economic conditions my position was transferred to a different location otherwise I would still be there, but on the positive side being let go gave me opportunities to try my hand at something different. I went back to school and am completing my practicum to earn a medical office assistant certificate. – less
Technical Administrative Sales.
Inbound Technical Customer Sales (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 11, 2012
Pros: top compensation.
Cons: limited training
This is for some one who is a quick learner in a wide variety of electronics and parts.
Nice place to work.
Collections/Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood, CODecember 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits, professional atmosphere
Cons: need a thick skin to keep your head up at times while you are learning the ropes.
My experience at Arrow has been mostly positive. They do not provide much formal training. They take a sink or swim attitude and let you figure things out on your own. That is good and bad. Overall, I would say people are professional and helpful. Because there isn't much turnover though you do have a lot of people who can be quite petty and unwilling – more... to help you learn. – less
rely on yourself
Client Experience Representative (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: no micro managing
Cons: lay offs
you are going to be given your work and expected to do it. You will not have anyone looking over your shoulder but if something goes wrong it's on you.
fun workplace
Informatica Developer (Former Employee), BnagaloreDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunchus
Cons: long hours
Nothing to specify about this company , its is client of to my work place.
I enjoy dealing with the people
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
Arrow is a world leader in distribution of semiconductors and passive electro mechanical components
Not a good place to work
Build Validation Tech (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 23, 2014
Pros: you can get a good laugh once in a while, hard to get fired
Cons: poor compensation, poor communication between all departments, no performance recognition, no rewards for exceeding/meeting goals
To start this review, please note that this company will literally hire anyone, including the homeless. I suppose that can be a benefit to some. Others, not so much.

The engineers aren't really computer engineers of any kind. Most don't know the very basics of operating systems. What they do know however, is how to do what the customer tells them to – more... do. This does not only regard the engineers, but all of management as well. They will say anything and do anything to get the business of others regardless of if it can actually be done or not by this company. Their lies play a big part in keeping this company alive.

Everyone on the production floor, besides the Supervisors and Engineers, get paid generally the exact same amount regardless of how well they perform or how poorly. Don't expect any raises, or rewards of any kind from this company, it all goes to upper management. (BTW, this is a fortune 150 company).

The typical day as a production tech involves standing for all 8 hours or 10 hours depending on your shift. You stand to build a computer, and you stand to stare at a monitor and follow step by step dummy instructions on how to install a stick of RAM and how to press F12 on your keyboard to go into CMOS.

The work is very tedious, repetitive and mind numbing. If you are someone who likes to use your brain, then this is not the job for you. If you have any kind of experience and education, this is not the job for you. The only reason you should be working at this company, is if you don't want to work in fast food. Any other job however, might be a better choice.

The most enjoyable part of this job has got to be the social atmosphere between few of the co-workers. That is about the only way to not go completely insane doing what you will do here. Everyone else either ignores you or bites your head off when you say anything at all. Don't expect training either since its designed for a monkey to be able to do. Though it does not work as intended ever.

Management is very, very bad. They always say they will make changes, and blah blah blah, but reality is that the people who fill those management roles have no experience working on the actually integration floor. They don't have the knowledge of what its really like to work there and therefore are not qualified enough to make appropriate decisions regarding that area, which by the way is where most if not all of the money is made.

The funniest part about this job is how difficult it is to get fired. If you can clock-in and clock-out on time every single day, you are set for a long employment opportunity. They couldn't care less how much you struggle at doing your job as long as it gets done by somebody else, me for example. Show up to work and you are good to go.

P.S. This review is by a current employee as of 11/23/2014 who is doing their best to find a new job. Good luck at this place when I leave. (sad and selfish, but true statement) – less
Arrow inventory control specialist
Inventory control specialist (Former Employee), WilmingtonNovember 20, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about how distribution works at this level
Cons: none really
A typical day would involve trying to resolve inventory discrepancies. A lot of preventive maintenance with cycle counting. Management was great to work with, the hardest part of my job was the yearly inventory which would run for 2 weeks straight. The best part of the job was solving problems or finding missing product.
Excellent people, very hard to advance.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits plan
Cons: no chance to grow
This place has an excellent environment, the people is very cooperative and nice. I learned a lot about how to fix inventory discrepancies, the basics of ORACLE and WMS. The only hard thing about this job is that it gets old after a few months, the procedures are very standardized and repetitive, there is no much room to grow and the new positions are – more... not usually given to people already employed. – less
Productive, friendly work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, CTNovember 3, 2014
Pros: very fast past. i was kept really busy.
Cons: it was temporary
The work place fun, we were all pretty close. I liked the fact that there was mix of different kind of people, who made the time interesting. The supervisor were very helpful in getting things done. I enjoyed my time while I was working here.
Intense Industry
Customer Service (Current Employee), Englewood, COOctober 27, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the amount of stress
A typical day is generating reports, problem solving.
I have increased my knowledge in Excel spreadsheets.
A very diverse group of co workers.
The hardest part of the job is learning all of the internal systems.
Most of the internal customers are great to work with.
Productive place
QC Lead (Former Employee), Austin,TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short lunches/ short breaks
We would arrive to work, have a little meeting on what needs to be done for the day and what needs to be pushed out. Then the fun begins. Our work place is very much being busy and trying to get orders that need to be out for the day. If we are done doing out task we would move ourselves to another department where work is needed. There is always help – more... needed in any kind of departments, so we are constantly on a roll. The hardest part of the job is trying to learn something quick and fast in little time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when we see management getting involved in helping us getting our job done. Pretty much management getting there hands nice and dirty...When they get involved that means to us that they are communicating with us and seeing what else needs to be done. – less
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Solon, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: visiting my clients facitilies, great way to understand their business.
Cons: laid off (automotive industry)
Great company had wonderful opportunity to grow and learn about electronics. Handle large sales accounts had the opportunity to visit my customers to understand their businesses.
Fast paced
Quality assurance and Programmer (Former Employee), Reno,NVOctober 6, 2014
A typical day consisted of inspecting orders and programming data into computers.
A productive and fun workplace with professional materials
Servers, PCs configuration Technician (Former Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: trainings
Cons: diverse sources of (contradictory) instruction leading to frustration
In spite of the short time internship, Arrow Electronics sharpened my computer (hardware) science knowledge. I learned what other people could learn in more than two years.
this was supposed to be only temporary
shipping/receiving (Current Employee), hartford, ctSeptember 16, 2014
This was supposed to be a temporary position till I found something in my field of experience. They have a huge turnover. Poor work conditions. I do not recommend this company.
Over decent company
TAX ADMINISTRATOR RECONCILIATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 9, 2014
Immediate management were a team leading good group. It was a big department and most of the co-workers go along great!.
Fun place to work
Oracle Enterprise Applications Architect (Current Employee), Melville , NYSeptember 3, 2014
Very fast paced environment

Challeging Projects

Very Wrok Scentric

1 2 3 4 5

About Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products, – Read more