Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

New skills
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 20, 2014
always able to apply newskills.Identified situations where new skills can be applied
Productive and fun
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2014
I learned so much from the VP and Operations manager, I looked up
to them and hope to some day be an example of their leadership.
Pros
encouraging culture
Cons
long contracts
Extensive Office experience working in a group or on my own. Could be relied on for help or assistance and enjoyed multiple aspects of my work.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2013
I worked for Arrow for almost 19 years and it was one of the best places I worked. I got into the industry through someone I knew not what I knew but that quickly changed throughout the years. The best part of the job was my local office, the people were extraordinary and we all got along well and everyone had a sense of humor. I enjoyed going to work everyday . It had an open door policy and you could go talk to local management and feel heard and not judged. I got to learn different job positions as well as multiple computer programs as each supplier had a unique system for their business purposes. I enjoyed all the people that called or walked through the door and made many acquaintances and lifelong friends. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate everyone's needs within the time frame they required, due to circumstances out of your control.
What I learned was people skills, communication, customer service, multiple computer skills, how to listen, how to resolve a problem, offer solutions to customers, patience, mostly how to be a team player and also took time to help others.
Due to economic conditions my position was transferred to a different location otherwise I would still be there, but on the positive side being let go gave me opportunities to try my hand at something different. I went back to school and am completing my practicum to earn a medical office assistant certificate.
Pros
hour for lunch, fun people, sense of humors, flexible
Cons
tight timelines, stress, work load
Technical Administrative Sales.
Inbound Technical Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 11, 2012
This is for some one who is a quick learner in a wide variety of electronics and parts.
Pros
top compensation.
Cons
limited training