Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extensive Office experience working in a group or on my own. Could be relied on for help or assistance and enjoyed multiple aspects of my work.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: hour for lunch, fun people, sense of humors, flexible
Cons: tight timelines, stress, work load
I worked for Arrow for almost 19 years and it was one of the best places I worked. I got into the industry through someone I knew not what I knew but that quickly changed throughout the years. The best part of the job was my local office, the people were extraordinary and we all got along well and everyone had a sense of humor. I enjoyed going to work – more... everyday . It had an open door policy and you could go talk to local management and feel heard and not judged. I got to learn different job positions as well as multiple computer programs as each supplier had a unique system for their business purposes. I enjoyed all the people that called or walked through the door and made many acquaintances and lifelong friends. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate everyone's needs within the time frame they required, due to circumstances out of your control.
What I learned was people skills, communication, customer service, multiple computer skills, how to listen, how to resolve a problem, offer solutions to customers, patience, mostly how to be a team player and also took time to help others.
Due to economic conditions my position was transferred to a different location otherwise I would still be there, but on the positive side being let go gave me opportunities to try my hand at something different. I went back to school and am completing my practicum to earn a medical office assistant certificate. – less
Technical Administrative Sales.
Inbound Technical Customer Sales (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 11, 2012
Pros: top compensation.
Cons: limited training
This is for some one who is a quick learner in a wide variety of electronics and parts.
Simple and efficient.
Picker (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 21, 2014
You are required to stand for long periods of time at your cart and count out the pieces according to customer orders.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 29, 2014
My co-workers were great to work with. The company seemed to lay off people every year so, employees were always afraid of losing their jobs.
very customer service oriented.
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 12, 2014
Good professional working environment. A lot of traffic in the office from reps and manufacturers liking to work with Arrow to penetrate accounts for new business
Sucessful company with good people.
Design Win Administrator (Current Employee), Harlow, EssexMay 8, 2014
Pros: good team work, minimal risk
Cons: a little repetitive, could be more varied, minimal scope to more around the company
Check all emails and investigate any queries
Register parts on Suppliers Web-based system
Co-ordinate responses, on both internal and external databases
Answer any telephone queries
Meet with quoting team and supplier to improve customer service.
Understanding different suppliers needs and processes.
updating systems and processes
The most different – more... part of my job is understanding the different processes, quoting, sales, engineers, shipping.
Most enjoyable part is getting design wins approved and answering the queries, providing good customer service. – less
productive
Test Technician (Former Employee), Solon, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: to many laidoffs
the job was confusing but thank the support i got from fellow coworkers i was able to focus and work accord so i had some nice motivation i learn doing the same work without progression is so boring but when you hungry and humble you do your best at work the hardest part was dealing alot paper cuts but it was cool.
Good pay and experience but horrible management.
Buyer (Former Employee), Englewood, CoApril 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: lay offs, very poor management, racist undertones
Good pay but horrible management. Too many lay offs and favoritism.
Your typical large company
Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: low-end compensation, lots of red tape
- Like any large company, waves of new hires and waves of layoffs
- Very difficult to move from the trenches to the ivory tower
Good People
Product Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 1, 2014
after working there for so long I made many friends and we did have a lot of fun. People make the business. I grew so much at this company and learned so much more beyond just selling electronic components!
Arrow Electronics have very nice coworkers.
Accounting (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 1, 2014
The work was very enjoyable. There was a challenge to everyday work that made it worth while to go to work everyday
Typical IT work environment
Senior Informatica ETL Developer (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 14, 2014
Management can be difficult. Life/work balance is not their priority
No Organization at all
Electronics Tester (Former Employee), Ashland, VAMarch 9, 2014
Cons: management!
Management doesn't know what they are doing they do not communicate with the other shifts, work OT for no reason, Been on OT since Arrow took over. The supervisors have no clue as to what they are doing. You learn everything from word of mouth from the other employees not from upper management. I dont know about any of the other warehouses that Arrow – more... owns but this one is pathetic. Temp agency that I went through was some BS also there was a lot of untold things that I found once I started working there. – less
Do you like to kiss butt to move up? Then this is the place for you!
Production Technician (Former Employee), PhoenixMarch 6, 2014
Pros: some good beaver here and there.
Cons: untrusting management and hr, mentally handicapped employees, no pay raises, unfair reviews based on unqualified supervision
I'm so glad to have left this life sucking place. There is no chance for advancement unless you suck up and are a yesman. Want to sleep your way to the top? They can do that too. Supervisors and managers are rotated so fast that you will not get a yearly review from the same one you had at the start of the year. Then when you don't get a raise, they'll – more... give you the "work with me this year" speech.
They don't hold poor employees accountable and instead move them to poison other areas. Managements way of turning a blind eye.
It's an awful place to be. – less
The company was a fairly good employer.
Senor Service Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TexasMarch 5, 2014
Pros: fairly good pay.
Cons: health care.
On a normal day I would call in and get my first ticket. As we finished a ticket we would update the current ticket and get another one. We alternated on call.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2014
unpacking computers and parts for intergration, learning new things and meeting new people
Productive Workplace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHMarch 4, 2014
Pros: fast paced, decent coworkers.
Unloading & Loading of semi trucks, Pulling product from racks to be ran.
Intergration and design fulfilment center
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Good training to employees and good programs are offered to customers to win new business
loved my job
ALL AREAS OF OFFICE/WH (Former Employee), Itasca, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: na
so many different learning efforts over the years has made me very universal in many areas of work
Had family picnics and quarter reviews for raises.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: productivity bonus
Cons: fair
Good work enviorment.More chances to move up in the company,and financial wise.

1 2 3 4 5

About Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products, – Read more