Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

Very Nice organization
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2017
the company is great, and has lots of benefits, everybody is co-operative and lots of ongoing trainings to keep yourself updated to the latest market trends.
Productive workplace
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 April 2017
Enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere but the work kept getting more intense. It was a fun culture where they brought in free food every now and then. Not much pressure.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Privacy
Great place to work, warm and inviting people. flexible hours
Inside Sales Support - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2017
Great place to work, warm and inviting people. flexible hours. I learned a new skills that I could benefit from in my future.

Relaxed vibe. as long as you do your job, I loved that I had the option to work from home.

Thanks
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Company merged with Dell. This caused several positions to be removed. very sad. I loved it.
Fortune 500 company with good work/life balance
Customer Service Rep / International Account Mgr (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2014
I've been happy to work for Arrow for the last 6 years except for the fact that my last 4 years have provided me with a very satisfactory job in a very unsatisfactory location and environment, with small to no room for growth and an HR/corporate lack of flexibility in terms of using today's technology to perform my tasks remotely rather than in an office environment. This last point has lead me to resign as I requested to be able to keep doing my job from a different city to where I will be relocating and the request was denied, even though my tasks require no interaction with suppliers, customers, teammates or management and all communication is done via e-mail, IM or web with very little phone interaction. For a company that claims to be 5 years out, it is actually 30 years behind in some of its politics and policies.
Pros
Good benefits, good hours, good salary
Cons
Not adapting to new times and technology despite its 5 years out motto
New skills
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO20 August 2014
always able to apply newskills.Identified situations where new skills can be applied
Productive and fun
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2014
I learned so much from the VP and Operations manager, I looked up
to them and hope to some day be an example of their leadership.
Pros
Encouraging culture
Cons
long contracts
Great work place
Operational Administration/Reception (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 March 2014
Typical office environment
Great Management
Dealing with unhappy customers
liked my job
Learning new things, great opportunity for further training and education
Fun co-workers
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Unhappy customers - not getting the service from inside sales
Excellent people oriented environment
Manager, Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my 14 year tenure at Arrow Electronics. Arrow offered an excellent environment for career advancement, positive work environment and a management team that was supportive of collaborating with employees to meet mutual goals. Positive , fun , social networking events renforced the positive working environment
Extensive Office experience working in a group or on my own. Could be relied on for help or assistance and enjoyed multiple aspects of my work.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 January 2013
I worked for Arrow for almost 19 years and it was one of the best places I worked. I got into the industry through someone I knew not what I knew but that quickly changed throughout the years. The best part of the job was my local office, the people were extraordinary and we all got along well and everyone had a sense of humor. I enjoyed going to work everyday . It had an open door policy and you could go talk to local management and feel heard and not judged. I got to learn different job positions as well as multiple computer programs as each supplier had a unique system for their business purposes. I enjoyed all the people that called or walked through the door and made many acquaintances and lifelong friends. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate everyone's needs within the time frame they required, due to circumstances out of your control.
What I learned was people skills, communication, customer service, multiple computer skills, how to listen, how to resolve a problem, offer solutions to customers, patience, mostly how to be a team player and also took time to help others.
Due to economic conditions my position was transferred to a different location otherwise I would still be there, but on the positive side being let go gave me opportunities to try my hand at something different. I went back to school and am completing my practicum to earn a medical office assistant certificate.
Pros
hour for lunch, fun people, sense of humors, flexible
Cons
tight timelines, stress, work load
Technical Administrative Sales.
Inbound Technical Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 July 2012
This is for some one who is a quick learner in a wide variety of electronics and parts.
Pros
top compensation.
Cons
limited training
Product Manager, Buyer/Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2012
· Developed, grown and leveraged the influential suppliers relationships to negotiate competitive pricing and availability to increase sales and gross profits. Managed total of 26 suppliers portfolio with Purchase volume of 24-26 mln $.
· Demonstrated ability to build effectively and influential relationships at all levels within internal and external customers to grow sales opportunities.
· Identified and managed some profits leaks to improve gross profit margin.
· Presented relevant product training presentations and identified new business opportunities to sales department for obtaining sales growth.
· Managed ERP/ MRP for major customers, including material planning, expediting and bonded inventory management.