Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: encouraging culture
Cons: long contracts
I learned so much from the VP and Operations manager, I looked up
to them and hope to some day be an example of their leadership.
Extensive Office experience working in a group or on my own. Could be relied on for help or assistance and enjoyed multiple aspects of my work.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: hour for lunch, fun people, sense of humors, flexible
Cons: tight timelines, stress, work load
I worked for Arrow for almost 19 years and it was one of the best places I worked. I got into the industry through someone I knew not what I knew but that quickly changed throughout the years. The best part of the job was my local office, the people were extraordinary and we all got along well and everyone had a sense of humor. I enjoyed going to work – more... everyday . It had an open door policy and you could go talk to local management and feel heard and not judged. I got to learn different job positions as well as multiple computer programs as each supplier had a unique system for their business purposes. I enjoyed all the people that called or walked through the door and made many acquaintances and lifelong friends. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate everyone's needs within the time frame they required, due to circumstances out of your control.
What I learned was people skills, communication, customer service, multiple computer skills, how to listen, how to resolve a problem, offer solutions to customers, patience, mostly how to be a team player and also took time to help others.
Due to economic conditions my position was transferred to a different location otherwise I would still be there, but on the positive side being let go gave me opportunities to try my hand at something different. I went back to school and am completing my practicum to earn a medical office assistant certificate. – less
Technical Administrative Sales.
Inbound Technical Customer Sales (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 11, 2012
Pros: top compensation.
Cons: limited training
This is for some one who is a quick learner in a wide variety of electronics and parts.
A productive and fun workplace with professional materials
Servers, PCs configuration Technician (Former Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: trainings
Cons: diverse sources of (contradictory) instruction leading to frustration
In spite of the short time internship, Arrow Electronics sharpened my computer (hardware) science knowledge. I learned what other people could learn in more than two years.
this was supposed to be only temporary
shipping/receiving (Current Employee), hartford, ctSeptember 16, 2014
This was supposed to be a temporary position till I found something in my field of experience. They have a huge turnover. Poor work conditions. I do not recommend this company.
Over decent company
TAX ADMINISTRATOR RECONCILIATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 9, 2014
Immediate management were a team leading good group. It was a big department and most of the co-workers go along great!.
Fun place to work
Oracle Enterprise Applications Architect (Current Employee), Melville , NYSeptember 3, 2014
Very fast paced environment

Challeging Projects

Very Wrok Scentric
Warehouse Setting
EAD Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2014
Cons: short lunch breaks. dusty environment.
I work at a station of my own and I removed hard drives from laptops, desktops, and servers per customer request. During my time here I have learned the inside of these units and how to troubleshoot problems if any, and how to fix them if needed. Management here does not really show that they genuinely care about their employees and a lot of my co-workers – more... feel the same way. Everyone under management gets along and does their job/duty respectively. I enjoy learning new things about the software that we use and learning about different processes. – less
Product Manager/Sales support (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: no job security
Standard 8-5 job. Learned tremendous amount regarding Tier 1 CM's through out the US. Department went through 4 managers while I was employed. I worked with positive people and negative people.
THis job sucked
Data Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 29, 2014
Pros: pay was okay
Cons: uggghh
I felt like a slave working here. The co workers was very disrespectful I was over excited when job ended
Simple and efficient.
Picker (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 21, 2014
You are required to stand for long periods of time at your cart and count out the pieces according to customer orders.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 29, 2014
My co-workers were great to work with. The company seemed to lay off people every year so, employees were always afraid of losing their jobs.
very customer service oriented.
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 12, 2014
Good professional working environment. A lot of traffic in the office from reps and manufacturers liking to work with Arrow to penetrate accounts for new business
Sucessful company with good people.
Design Win Administrator (Current Employee), Harlow, EssexMay 8, 2014
Pros: good team work, minimal risk
Cons: a little repetitive, could be more varied, minimal scope to more around the company
Check all emails and investigate any queries
Register parts on Suppliers Web-based system
Co-ordinate responses, on both internal and external databases
Answer any telephone queries
Meet with quoting team and supplier to improve customer service.
Understanding different suppliers needs and processes.
updating systems and processes
The most different – more... part of my job is understanding the different processes, quoting, sales, engineers, shipping.
Most enjoyable part is getting design wins approved and answering the queries, providing good customer service. – less
productive
Test Technician (Former Employee), Solon, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: to many laidoffs
the job was confusing but thank the support i got from fellow coworkers i was able to focus and work accord so i had some nice motivation i learn doing the same work without progression is so boring but when you hungry and humble you do your best at work the hardest part was dealing alot paper cuts but it was cool.
Good pay and experience but horrible management.
Buyer (Former Employee), Englewood, CoApril 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: lay offs, very poor management, racist undertones
Good pay but horrible management. Too many lay offs and favoritism.
Your typical large company
Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: low-end compensation, lots of red tape
- Like any large company, waves of new hires and waves of layoffs
- Very difficult to move from the trenches to the ivory tower
Good People
Product Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 1, 2014
after working there for so long I made many friends and we did have a lot of fun. People make the business. I grew so much at this company and learned so much more beyond just selling electronic components!
Arrow Electronics have very nice coworkers.
Accounting (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 1, 2014
The work was very enjoyable. There was a challenge to everyday work that made it worth while to go to work everyday
Typical IT work environment
Senior Informatica ETL Developer (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 14, 2014
Management can be difficult. Life/work balance is not their priority

1 2 3 4 5

About Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products, – Read more