ARO Inc Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
"whew"
Collector (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 September 2017
I'm glad I left just in time ... (Most) of the people were awesome to work with...Very high stress level . Too many rules to abide by. Is ok if you're use to a job like this minimum wage only no commissions what so evet
Pros
the people
Cons
everything else, too many cooks in the kitchen.
Fun and enjoyable enviorment
Accounts Receivable Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Best place to begin a career in Canada,Friendly management which guides to learn more and share to enhance your ability.The hardest part of the job is listening to Debtors broken promises..
Do not!
collector (Former Employee) –  montreal8 August 2017
managers are retards and the president is a lunatic. Nothing is good at aro except other worker who are living in the same bip as you live, so you keep on going back.

BUT ill never suggest that place even to my worst enemies
Terrible place to work
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 April 2017
No raises ever. Bad pay. Bad management. Don't work there. If you like being yelled at and degraded work there. If you want to make your boss rich while you go without then work there. If enjoy working with hypocritical management then please work there.
Current employee
Senior Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 April 2017
Decent place to work must have thick skin supervisors are understanding of personal life and are very supportive wage isn't great and have to fight and claw for raises but if you work hard and show up easy play to work for
Pros
Great superviors easy paper
Cons
Low wage not many chances for raises
Don't get trapped in.
Recovery Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 March 2017
Management pays peanuts but expects diamonds in return. HORRIBLE Place to work, constantly being audited by several levels of management you will undergo stress that will make it a very unhappy experience. Co workers are OK, but watch what you say because it is a rumour mill at the Victoria Office. Dead end job with no opportunity for increase in salary, which is really a hourly wage...
Pros
Cons
Micro Management, Getting yelled at by managers. Pay for most of your "Group" benefits
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 March 2017
I was front line to a collection agency. Need I say more, I dealt with death threats to my family and to myself almost every single day. The management had to call the police more then once in order to stop the harassment.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Customers
fun workplace
Agente de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 February 2017
The work was fun because you interact with customers and help them solve their problem with the company.The hardest part of the job was when you deal with unsatisfied customers.
Worst place to work
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 January 2017
I have to say I have worked in many call center and this place has to be by far the WORST place ever. Unprofessional, they yell, they swear and treat you like a child in high school. You do your best and it's never good enough for them. So I would suggest to STAY away from this place.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Low pay, unprofessional managers.
Poor Management
Supervisor Accounts Receivable / Invoicing & Admin (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 November 2016
stressful job people in the company are not helpful
very poor management.
No work and personal life balance
people are not professional including the management
Pros
Cons
No management skills
challenging
Agent recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2016
you're expected produce without fail... challenging environment... open concept ... state of the art system ... hours are great
So so
collection agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2016
you work on a dialer. have to collect. when u do great they dont tell you good job. its only when u do bad they come at you and give you coachings. some days i was ready to quit some i toughed. i worked 11 months there did not enjoy it to be honest. Was so happy once i quit that place would never go back there.
collegues are good good atmosphere the job can be easy and hard depends on the days and your mood.
when we asked for something it was bothering them like we ask to much. so management have a hard time accomodating employees.
so i wont recommend ARO. there is a better place than them.
Pros
collegues, location
Cons
low salary doesnt go up
UnProductive
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 August 2016
This job was unproductive due to how everyone was at the job. The manager and VP left the company and we were without a manager or VP for two months.
Not a good or positive place to work if you have any brains or ethics.
collector (Former Employee) –  kelowna bc27 August 2016
This is a terrible company to work for if you've ever had any prior work experience and/or education. On site owner is a loud mouth, degrading person whose only goal is to increase his net worth. No chance to make any money without 'bending' the law and rules; managers pretend not to see it..wink wink...just following the owners direction.

If the only job you've ever had is low paying, retail or restaurant trade then you might like this place, as that's how they treat people. Its all about the money you can make them.
Pros
clean coffee room
Cons
virtually everything else.
Aro
Debt Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 January 2016
Aro was a good job i would get to work and we would be on a dallier, it would search through hundreds of phone numbers and call when it had someone on the line the call would come through to you. I would tell people about there past debts they had, what it was from , how much there outstanding balance was and how they could pay. I enjoyed my manager and my co workers it was a nice and excited place to work.
Contacting Clients for Recovery of Collections
Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 December 2015
Making 50-250 calls per day to recover funds owed to multiple companies and governent agencies. Management were nice and easy to get along with. Co-workers were helpful and also allowed you to work easy without much distraction, yet kind and curtious. Job wasn't easy, however, difficult to get people to pay their debts. Being able to get payments by having the clients realize there is a way out of debt.
Great workplace
Collections/Cancellations (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 November 2015
Supervisors are awesome, coworkers work together well, stressful if you cant handle angry customers. Pressure to make quotas, making calls and filling out info during call in a very short amount of time.
Pros
Everyone works as a team and helps eachother
Cons
Collection calls are stressful with angry customers
les collaborateurs
agent de transfert (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2015
tout le monde se respecte . il y a une bon entente entre collegues.
Great Place to learn and grow
Senior Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton NB15 October 2015
High secure area very supportive management and all tools to succeed supplied. Time on break and lunch to socialize with co workers. Fast paced and rewarding
Pros
Helping others
Great environment for learning
Recoveries Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 October 2015
Although the company was bought out by the American equivalent, the managers and staff are really amazing at training the new folks and making sure they know what they're doing. My time there has been short thus far, but I can tell that the people who work in the office value us as people, the managers know everyone by name, not by number. All coworkers are more than willing to provide helpful tips for improvement.
Pros
salary plus commission
Cons
adjusting to rush hour traffic again