Armtec Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), GuelphAugust 6, 2015
Pros: company culture
great bunch of people to work there! Also enjoyed the work/life balance and company culture.

Too bad the company has been sold.
worst 9 years of my life
jack of all trades (Former Employee), mitchell , ontarioFebruary 23, 2015
worked there 9 years the people were great to work with the work wasn't bat it was mind numbing at times but its the type of place were if you like to kiss ace its perfect for you you will have no problem moving up
A good place to work with a good staff around
Draftsman (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Flexible time schedule, possibility to learn new think specially in project management. A good collaboration with colleagues.
Looking for better benefits. Based on experience and knowledge I can give suggestion and they will take into consideration.
Coordination between engineer and production meeting criteria of what production want and Engineer approval.
Great precast company to work for
Draftsperson (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2015
Armtec is a great precast company to work for. It offers great opportunities for for learning and moving forward. They have taken on some really big projects recently and have many more lined up!
HAHAH
Industrial Painter (Former Employee), Mitchell, ONNovember 13, 2014
the typical day at work was really unorganized i liked most the people i work with thats the only part i will miss about the place i find the hardest part of my job there was dealing with all the kissing up people have to in order to be liked . they also let some people away with thing while others are penalized for .. they have just up the wages as its hard to keep people there .. its a real dirty work place and smells bad my lungs are going to thank me now that im outta there...i also feel most of the office people there did not even know my name and i worked there for 4 years .. i value the skills they have provided to me . i dont really have anythnig nice to say about the place and there to bad to be written down ...........

ARMTEC YOU NEED TO GET A UNION
Very nice place to work, friendly helpful coworkers and supervisors
Secretary (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee, nice clean environment, air conditioning, very nice people
Cons: nothing other than if they did not have enough work for me to keep busy all day
A typical day at work includes:
Receiving shipments through the computer program SAP
Maintaining archives of all sections of the plant
Track shipments of product both outbound and inbound
Answering phone calls/e-mails and greeting visitors
Making decisions under pressure as issues arise
I learned quite a bit due to the fact that I had never worked in this field before.
The management was very kind and very helpful, they made me feel like an equal.
Hardest part of the job was if I had finished all my work early I was left with nothing to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being treated as an equal even though I was a temporary worker.
looking for work
Welder/Fabricator/Fitter (Former Employee), Redwater, ABMarch 21, 2014
It is hard sometimes to find work Armtec had closed there doors unexpectedly
Very busy, focused on the safety of the employees, positive environment to work in.
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: very safety oriented
Cons: in a phase of transition due to a number of aquisitions, some activities were wasteful in streamlinig the company.
A good company to work for, management wanted to grow the employees and were serious about training and helping the staff to grow.

Some times understaffing put pressure on to get the job done but the transitioning from 10 companies to one created additional and expected demands.

Would recommend them as a good company to work for.
Well Managed big size concrete precast company
Quality control inspector (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: it was a specialized professional job
Cons: the plant's floor was all the time wet due to the permanent steam-concrete-curing
I was in charge of inspecting the tunnel segment panels at their Woodstock production's plant. Every day was fast-pace conducted and there were many details that required attention. I was able to efficiently work in conjunction with the quality control and production departments with a considerable amount of manpower to get the job well done in a daily basis. I am satisfied about having gained the respect of many people due to my hard work, care, and excellent personal skills.
Great place to work at.
Production Technologist/Administration (Former Employee), Mitchell, ONJuly 15, 2013
Great place to work for, started out on the floor and work my way up, I learned a lot from the Managers from ISO to Engineering practices, lots of opportunity and growth there,
enjoyed going to work there
Labourer (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: once a month free lunches
Cons: my emplyment was only seasonal where iworked only 6 months of the year, and wish to find full employment with your company
Armtec was an easy going place of employment where I gained experience in welding,operating tow motor and remote overhead crane
workers have good relationship to each other.
Concrete finisher (Former Employee), Edmonton/CalgaryOctober 18, 2012
Pros: our mishall is nice...
Cons: work place is a little bit par...
We start the day by dismantling the product from the mould..then cleaning the mould after cleaning then we start preparing the materials that we are going use...after that we do set up according to drawing specification..once everything is done we close the mould then wait for the concrete to come..and the party begins,..two hours of hard work then go home....