WHO WE ARE
Armtec is a leading Canadian infrastructure and construction company - combining creative engineered solutions, relevant advice, dedicated people, proven products and a national presence with a local focus on exceptional customer service.
We are looking for a high caliber Productions Supervisor who wants to make a difference and grow with a great company. Reporting to the Production Manager, this non-union position is responsible for utilizing the appropriate management skills to lead their team effectively in the day-to-day performance. The ideal candidate leads by example with integrity while demonstrating good work ethics complying with all safety regulations, 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
1. Foster and role model Armtec’s EVERYBODY | EVERYWHERE | EVERYTIME safety vision. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations as well as oversee related Health and Safety responsibilities and accountabilities.
2. Promote and support a work environment where people are respected and treated with dignity, and provide opportunities for learning and advancement.
3. Responsible for creating a culture that strives to deliver the best quality product that not only meet but exceed customers’ expectations.
4. Responsible for promoting a culture where everyone embraces change and willingness to bring forward new ideas.
5. Lead development and execution of overall training plans for crews.
6. Determine the crew size and timing of required shifts.
7. Collaborate to create multiple job and work plans with other supervisors.
8. Maintain an organized system to make it easy to identify the location of every item that needs to store after production and shipped.
9. Actively participate in plant and regional process improvements and standardizations.
10. Ensure compliance of work specifications and sign offs on final quality checks.
11. Complete time cards for personnel and report documenting daily schedules.
12. Responsible for functional requirements of safety, quality and production.
13. Proactively provide input to new systems, innovative methods & training.
1. At minimum, must have a secondary school diploma, or GED equivalent (post-secondary preferred)
2. May have a Civil Engineering technology or Operations Management diploma or equivalent job experience.
3. Approximately 5 years of relevant experience with a proven track record of success.
4. Comfortable in a manufacturing environment and experience in providing direct supervision.
5. Technical experience in pre-stressed/precast concrete industry would be an asset.
6. Must be physically fit to perform work, including standing for long periods and lifting heavy loads.
7. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite; uses appropriate software and intranet/internet applications and systems to manage work and increase productivity and efficiency.
8. Ability to read blueprints is highly desirable.
9. Able to convey clear and concise communication when interacting with customers, vendors and colleagues.
10. Takes a disciplined and structured approach to coordinate and manage information, to plan workload and to position activities, troubleshooting and strategic initiatives for optimum results.
11. Uses sound judgment to make timely and effective decisions that consider both short and long term risks, impacts and outcomes.
12. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
13. Committed to growth and continuous improvement.
14. Ability to work unsupervised.