Armstrong

Armstrong Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
what you want to know
Labourer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2014
go try it out for yourself and tell me what you think.
decent place to work.
management got changed and people started getting laid off to "save money"
Good job enviroment
General Labour (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 30, 2012
Boss was really nice explained exactly what i had to do people i worked with were nice
Terrible place to work
Final Inspector (Former Employee), West Plains, MOSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: going home early all the time.
Cons: terrible management
A typical group of investors looking for cheap labor cant make money there anymore.
Office Morale
Receptionist (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Very family friendly/oriented office. Learned a lot about stocks and financial responsibility.
Sucess built by hard work and innovation.
Vice President Residential Flooring (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: high level of intelligent managers that ran the company.
Cons: new president looked at wall street as his customer rather than the distribution, employees and consumers.
Great corporation that allowed you to do your job and run your business like you owned the company. People were smart and loyal with a high degree of "success" motivation.
I was able to develop a product that was unique in the business and it is still on the market today, twenty-five years later.
Good place to work. management is excellent.
Side Matcher Feeder, Nester, Material Handler (Former Employee), Warren, ARAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: sometimes didnt get any notice of if we had to work or not until the last minute
The work environment was great. There were various job titles that I had, and from a production standpoint it wasn't bad at all. The job involved understanding and taking the initiative to learn the work.
Was a very enjoyable and rewarding job.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 12, 2014
Great benefits and upper management was a pleasure to work for. Very rewarding job because we could daily and monthly check our performance. Made many great and life long friends there.
Good job, good people, good money for our area
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Beverly, WVJuly 13, 2014
Pros: hours, shifts, pay
Cons: some management.
I worked @ Armstrong almost half of my life. It's like every other job, good days and bad. Requires someone who is not a "slacker".
great paying job with security
Tow motor operator - load and unload trailers (Former Employee), Marietta, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free drinks and stuff when it was hot. great place to advance in, very secure job with a union
Cons: not too many cons other than the mandatory overtime or if there was a labor dispute.
it was very easy work, i was in a fun team environment. hardest part was the mandatory overtime we would have to do sometimes, up to 6 days working 12 hours a day can be exhausting, but the paychecks were definitely nice.
Armstrong
Landscaper (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2014
May be a great place to work for you, but for me it has to be the worst job I have ever had...
Long Hours, Excellent Pay, Poor Working Enviornment
College Summer Worker (Full-Time) (Former Employee), Marietta, PAMay 3, 2014
Pros: great paycheck
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Loaded and unloaded pieces into boxes for shipment.
Moved freight, stock and other materials to and from storage and production areas and loading docks.
Received, stored and shipped goods and materials.
Cleaned and maintained the warehouse in compliance with OSHA safety standards.
Great place to work.
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 28, 2014
Pros: .
People are nice and great to work with. I like the maintenance people
I work with they are all very helpful. My boss is an easy going guy to work for.
Good job
WORK HAND (Former Employee), Center, TXApril 5, 2014
It would've been a good job if it wasn't temporary i could've stayed and worked here for a couple years pay was good its just they shut down to soon on me
lock out
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Marietta, PAMarch 11, 2014
I would do lock out jobs as needed. Boxing, forklift, items that are ready to go.
Professional yet enjoyable work environment.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: healthcare
Typical day includes making bank deposit, updating client accounts, printing reports, making collection calls. Our management system is professional but also flexible, my managers motto is "family comes first", so if ever my kids are sick or get hurt at school I am able to take the time needed to be with them as long as I am able to keep up with my – more... workload. I cannot honestly say there is anything hard about my job, so I would have to say the one hour commute each way is the hardest. I love being able to go in the office and do my job every day, and some days I have the opportunity to go above and beyond to do special things that make me feel extra productive. – less
Stress sales lack of support
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Oregon/Washington/Idaho/WyomingFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: company car, gas, credit card
Cons: overworked, under paid, do more for less, manager takes credit for your work
Bad management, uses scare tactics to "encourage" you to work harder. No matter what you do it's never enough. No support as a rep in the field, work hard to make a sale and manager takes credit.
Claims doesn't stand behind mistakes and factory errors, thus upset dissatisfied customers.
You are replaceable and told so many times. To advance is to suck – more... up to Managers and be a part of the good ole boys club or be related to someone in upper management. – less
Failing management, manufacturing closures, morale eroded
Executive Business Administration (Former Employee), Braeside, VICFebruary 1, 2014
Not a pleasant place to work now since 'change management' team appointed. Culture has degenerated due to new management. Work reduced since China plant has opened 03/13 hence orders declined.
salary
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no room for advancement
Armstrong was a very decent Job. I was a mother of 1 when I worked there so things were alot less hectic. There was not alot of room for advancement, I felt like it would go no where
Immediately threaten your job
Lean Master Engineer (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I was hired to work in the South Gate plant as a corporate employee, never reported to anyone for 3 months because they moved my boss into another position.

I was never given any training on my job and immediately was threatened that if my performance was not better I would be in a; Job in jeopardy. I replied really I just started dont you get a chance – more... to learn your position and there response was you should know it. Everything you do rather its filling out your insurance or establishing a budget you get zero training or help on. I was working 70 hours a week and decided that I was not going to be threatened to perform and give more so I could be told it was not good enough.

I would truly not recommend going to work for this company, it was the worst place I have ever worked. The plant employees are great people but the management & culture I would not wish on my worst enemy.

I worked at other companies where you had 3-6 months to learn your position, I was released at 6 months because I was not doing enough or possibly it was not to there level. Not sure they never give me a reason, it was a joke and I was happy to move on. – less
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Support Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Arrived at work and did various office duties for the customer service department.

Learned a lot about the Armstrong floor products and flooring

Management was great

Co-workers were always helpful and pleasant

Nothing hard about my job

I enjoyed the hours cause I could also have time to spend with my children

1 2 3 4 5

About Armstrong

Armstrong is a leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings. Our innovative residential and commercial product – Read more

Armstrong Photos