Armstrong World Industries has a terrific career opportunity for an experienced CAD Technician to join our team at our Montreal manufacturing facility. Under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, this position is accountable for creating drawings to address complex installation and product issues utilizing two-dimensional and three-dimensional design software.
- Prepare 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D (Solid Work) drawings/design packages to support engineering specifications
- Translate architectural requirements into specific design configurations and provide design solutions for internal and external customers
- Recognize problems or issues with customer-submitted drawings and seek assistance in correcting problems before completing drawings for customers
- Import work/drawings from various other software programs and convert it to company-supported software
- Identify project components and prepare a Bill of Material (BOM) using Excel
- Create stretch (manufacturing) drawings from approved shop drawings
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal customers and work across departments to solve complex installation and product issues
- Ensure designs are properly recorded and archived
- Perform AutoCAD troubleshooting
Required Education and/or Experience :
- CEGEP College Diploma (DEC), in Industrial Design, Building Construction or Architecture
- A minimum of three years of experience utilizing AutoCAD in design of custom products
- General mathematical abilities - imperial and metric measurement conversions
- Good knowledge of architectural and mechanical conceptual design
- Ability to collaborate with internal & external customers
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects with limited supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
Desired Education and Qualifications:
- Sheet metal experience highly desirable
- Solid Works experience beneficial
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, long term disability coverage, vacation and product discount programs.
About the Company:
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors, ceilings, and cabinets with a focus on innovation, design and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial market operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
About the Location:
Our Montreal Plant employs approximately 40 people working multiple shifts. The plant manufactures architectural custom metal ceilings for the North American market. Montreal is the cultural and economical capital of the province of Quebec and the second largest city in Canada. It is a city rich in culture and history, and has a well-deserved reputation as one of the liveliest cities in North America.