Night Shift Dispatcher
Armour Transportation Systems – St John's NL
We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position in our St John's, NL location:
Line Haul Dispatcher
The successful candidate will effectively organize, plan, coordinate, and communicate the movement of equipment and freight in the most efficient manner, including the proper allocation of people and equipment while meeting customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan for timely delivery and pick up of freight, meeting any appointments or special requests by utilizing tools provided
- Coordinate and plan with other dispatchers and terminals in order to get maximum efficiency from driver and equipment pools
- Constantly seek opportunity to reduce bobtails or empty miles
- Manifest freight and dispatch drivers and equipment in LTL400 timely and accurately
- Work closely with warehouse staff and, both other departments to communicate any special circumstances or requests for planning and revenue capture
- Ensure all loads move on time based on internal and external service standards
- Relay issues or concerns to appropriate manager or supervisor
- Schedule equipment for service or plan replacement equipment with Maintenance, where applicable
- Communicate expectations to driver at time of dispatch and ensure driver is equipped with all paperwork and information required to complete a job successfully
- Ensure drivers are within Hours of Service
- Attend any required meetings and training
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A self-starter/self-motivated and able to deal with conflict and negotiate a win-win
- Analytical decision making
- Able to give and accept constructive criticism
- Grade 12 , Industry related experience,
- Not required, but beneficial - CITT, Business certificate, Industry certification
How to Apply:
By Phone: (709) 782-5636 (Attention: Calvin Churchill)
By Fax: 709-782-7415
- Go to www.armour.ca to print application.
- Armour Transportation Systems is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary and benefit package, recognition of successful performance and long-term career opportunities.
We thank all applicants. Only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted.