The HR Generalist is responsible for working with management and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment. The HR Generalist, working closely with the MD Canada and North American HR team will administer HR programs and processes to insure the organization is aligned with company policy. The HR Generalist ensures solid execution of the relevant programs consistent with the overall company values. This person will have the organization skills and experience that will help AHCA continue to advance its market position in Canada. The position reports to VP Human Resources, North America with a dotted line to the Managing Director, Canada.
The individual has a solid understand of HR and can support the strategic and operational objectives of the business. They should not be deterred by a fast-paced, demanding environment. The position requires a high level of multi-functional expertise. The individual must demonstrate excellent leadership skills combined with excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities. This individual will have the ability to work in collaboration with other functional leaders and demonstrate a capacity to influence all levels in the organization including Sales, Service, and Marketing.
LOCATION: Mississauga (Toronto) Ontario, Canada
- Partner with management to provide overall support and counsel on business and employee issues
- Manage the benefits programs and payroll within Canada using outside vendors
- Implement company’s talent management and performance management processes in Canada
- Implement the appropriate training and development programs
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment to ensure employee engagement to help drive various corporate and division business initiatives
- Drive HR processes aligned with the overall business and HR strategy
- Responsible for managing the employee relations issues working with legal counsel
- Insure the compensation structure is updated and coach managers on pay decisions
- Lead the implementation of the corporate policies across all functional areas.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the MD Canada and/or VP Human Resources
- 3+ years experience in a HR Manager, HR Generalist, or similar role
- Experience with payroll and benefits programs and administration
- Experience managing employee relations issues – mitigating and resolving situations a MUST
- Knowledge of and experience with Canadian provinces and their employment laws a MUST
- Experience in working in other organizations that can deal with change, and has the ability to identify the steps that need to be taken to help the organization execute.
- Must be able to effectively develop oral and written communications
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to talk with people at all levels
- Someone who takes initiative and consistently sets/meets the highest standards for himself/herself as well as the team
- Strong decision making with a high emphasis on analytics to drive rational, high energy results
- High moral and ethical standards who can leverage his/her reputation to successfully navigate business issues
- Must be proficient in the use of computer and software tools
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and safeguard confidential and proprietary information
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
- Minimum post-secondary education or equivalent to university Bachelor’s Degree REQUIRED and CHRP preferred, but not required
Bilingual English/French preferred, but not required.
Compensation $55,000+ DOE
Apply via Taleo at
ArjoHuntleigh USA (www.arjo.com/usah/), a member of The Getinge Group (www.getinge.com), a $3.6 billion global medical device company,...