The Field Service Technician is an individual contributor with responsibility for supporting all technical aspects of ArjoHuntleigh medical devices in a defined geographic territory. The ARJOHUNTLEIGH, Inc. (AHI) division is the largest division and, strategically the most important division for The Extended Care Division, a member of The Getinge Group (www.getinge.com), a $2.5bm global medical device company.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for performing field service activities at healthcare facilities throughout an assigned geographic territory including the promotion and completion of on-site preventive maintenance and repair services, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, controlling inventory, managing data and documentation while achieving all measureable performance targets.
The individual will have a history of independently servicing electro-mechanical equipment in a large geographic territory and should not be deterred by a fast-paced, demanding environment. The position requires a high level of multi-functional expertise and excellent time management skills.
- Provide efficient and effective preventative maintenance and repair services and scheduling at healthcare facilities in accordance with established procedures and techniques, using proper tools, test equipment and replacement parts.
- Provide efficient and effective communications and documentation to customers and company employees in accordance with established procedures, protocols and/or special requests.
- Effectively promote and sell ArjoHuntleigh service products.
- React accordingly to achieve defined performance goals and administrative tasks as defined by established performance expectations, procedures, policies and/or special requests.
- Provide services to customers in accordance with the terms, conditions and responsibilities stated in ArjoHuntleigh’s published warranty, preventive maintenance and/or operational policies.
- Maintain personal competence for meeting job responsibilities through… the effective reading, studying and completion of all informational elements (e-learning, e-mails, memos, bulletins, standard operating procedures) provided by ArjoHuntleigh and others…Participating in training seminars, meetings and on-the-job training programs…Demonstrating an understanding and an ability to apply concepts and knowledge obtained from these training and skill development sources.
- Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and all ArjoHuntleigh personnel. Assist sales personnel in marketing all ArjoHuntleigh equipment (joint calls, in-services, sales leads).
- Supervise equipment installation and/or perform uncrate and assembly services upon request and instruct customer’s personnel in the operation and proper use of the equipment.
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures as mandated by ArjoHuntleigh policies, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
- Accurately prepare and submit on schedule all required/requested reports, paperwork and/or feedback.
- Maintain expenses and required inventory within guidelines and limits according to established procedures, policies and/or special requests.
- Maintain a clean and organized company vehicle according to established procedures, policies and/or special requests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years of Field Service experience in performing electromechanical repair and maintenance while working out of a service vehicle.
- A minimum of three (3) years of face to face customer service experience dealing with technical and/or service related issues.
- A minimum of three (3) years of successful sales experience in direct face to face sales and/or promotion of service products.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to recommend/promote/sell products and services based on observed client needs.
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and technical repair skills.
- Computer literacy; familiarity with information technology concepts, personal computers, Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must travel as required to customer sites (overnight travel amount will vary depending on the territories to be covered); must reside within the assigned territory.
- Must be able to decipher data from computer-generated reports, software programs, technical manuals and written correspondence.
- The job requires driving an automobile and possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Major tasks require the use of hands, legs, and feet.
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day.
- Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, PC, keyboard and mouse.
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance.
- Must occasionally utilize hand tools to connect and operate test instrumentation to monitor equipment function.
- Must be able to respond to inquiries and communicate with others in writing and via telephone.
- The employee must have use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- The employee must occasionally work on a ladder at up to 8 feet off of the floor.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- It is not possible to routinely offer the employee assistance in doing the job through use of technology or personal assistance.
- The employee must occasionally employ environmental exposure precautions as designated by client (isolation precautions, vaccinations, etc).
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (including biological/chemical protection) when potential hazards exist on customer sites.
- Must be able to complete series of inoculations when required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position will be based in the Toronto area covering a 1 hour geographic territory radius.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
ArjoHuntleigh USA (www.arjo.com/usah/), a member of The Getinge Group (www.getinge.com), a $3.6 billion global medical device company,...