This is a contract position through the end of the year.
- The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist provides guidance and technical support to the business. S/he administers national and site specific requirements of the Health and Safety Program, in accordance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- Develops policies and safety related training programs
- Conduct safety training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations
- Maintain and update emergency response plans and procedures
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations
- Provide advice and guidance to management and the workforce on the general functions of the company’s safety and environmental programs
- Ensure compliance by the company to the laws, regulations and standards of OHS and to the application of these in regards to the entire staff
- Lead the Health and Safety committee and ensure follow-up with all external partners, suppliers and subcontractors
- Participate in investigations and accident analysis and recommend corrective measures
- Perform all other related duties.
- College diploma with a focus in OHS
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRFP)
- 5 - 8 years’ experience in an OHS Environment
- Strong experience developing and implementing health and safety policies
- Experience or knowledge in WHMIS and WSIB legislation
- Good knowledge of risk management principles or other OHS related training
- First Aid and CPR an asset
- Previous WHMIS experience an asset
- Solid understanding of Provincial Health, Safety and Environmental laws
- Strong Program/Project Management Skills
- Ability to work in an independent role, must be focused, highly detail oriented and organized
ArjoHuntleigh USA (www.arjo.com/usah/), a member of The Getinge Group (www.getinge.com), a $3.2 billion global medical device company, offers a broad range of integrated solutions for care of people with reduced mobility and related conditions, with the aim to enhance efficiency and quality of care in elderly care facilities, hospitals and other healthcare environments. The Getinge Group markets its products under three brands: ArjoHuntleigh (Extended Care), Maquet (Medical Systems), and Getinge (Infection Control). The Group has demonstrated an enviable financial performance in the world wide medical device sector and holds a dominant position in all markets it serves.
The range of products includes patient lifts, hygiene systems, medical beds, DVT prevention systems and products for wound care and pressure ulcer prevention. ArjoHuntleigh also offers several solutions for special applications, such as burn treatment and bariatric care. Each product area has significant potential for organic growth due to demographic, reimbursement and market channel size.
With over 5,000 dedicated employees worldwide, ArjoHuntleigh is a global group with an annual turnover of approximately $900 million, serving the needs of acute and long-term care in more than 100 countries.