Aritzia Employee Reviews in Canada

Difficult place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Constant moving of goalposts. Ridiculous amount of approvals to get through - getting to the people giving approval is a chore also.
There are some extremely talented people working alongside you whose skills and expertise aren't utilized due to the overly corporate way of working. Difficult to be truly creative.
Terrible treatment by some managers that is just shocking.

I will say there are signs of it getting better but I wouldn't advise anyone moving across the country to take a job here currently. Drink the Kool Aid and you'll be fine but that drink is seriously spiked with some nasty stuff.

50% of the people are excellent, 50% are in it to use others to get higher. Lack of team spirit. Very cliquy.

Again they are trying but I don't see it getting better quickly, this amount of damage takes time to fix. Also depends on the department you work in.
If you are thick skinned and need the money and the name on your resume - good luck to you! Otherwise I wouldn't say the money is worth it. I only stayed as long as I did due to contract.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Hours, bad management, demoralizing place to be everyday.
The worst management team that I have ever had
sales (Former Employee) –  BCNovember 2, 2015
The company provided decent training and clear with the expectation and culture value. However, the management team is very unorganized and unprofessional. They promoted many of people who are lack of experiences from the floor, and that makes the floor mess, no discipline, and definitely not professional. The schedule is very not reliable at all, such as booked the days off, but still schedule you for multiple times, etc.
Pros
discount
Cons
very long hours with unreliable schedule, and bad management team
Great people, hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
The typical day was versatile but hard work. I learned a lot as the job was more difficult than it appeared and you worked with customers on a daily basis. The management tended to change every few months which was difficult as you would have to alter your decision and actions to suit those of the manager at the time. The hardest part was that it did not have too much flexibility in terms of scheduling once determined and it was on a short term notice. The most enjoyable part was the people you got to work with and the interactions with the customers.
Too intense for a part time job
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
Benefits and salary was great, but the management is trained to put too much selling pressure on employees, and it became over whelming.
Competitive
Sales accommodation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Overall Aritzia is very good energy, however, it is too competitive and they required and expected too much & receive so little in return. Nothing worse than feeling replaceable every shift.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
labour
Senior Sales- Aritzia
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
As an Aritzia Senior Sales Associate, I am required to ensure the best customer service for all my clients. All clients are given my full attention by: greeting, determining needs, choosing the right outfits for their required events, and building lasting relationships.

I am to keep a minimum of $550 sales per hour, while keeping a consistent flow of customer service and maintaining my section of products. Also, checking that all core products (any item that accounts for 80% of our sales) is consistently stocked on the floor with full size ranges.

I work with a diverse group of individuals, with different employment and selling backgrounds, which allows us to work as a team to reach our stores and personal sales goals.

My management is very supportive and takes all employees needs into consideration, making the environment very positive and rewarding to work on. Management really incorporates a hard- working, positive, and truthful ethic. The culture is instilled into all employees with care.

The hardest part of my job is consistently staying on top of maintaining, selling, and communication through all roles in the store on a busy day. Weather effects our sales greatly, since we are a boutique styled store, this makes sales a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help a client find the right pair of jeans or dress for a meaningful and monumental moment in their life. The pictures that they take on those days are forever remembered and kept, with the outfit you've chosen.
Cons
Long Hours
Hard working and motivating workplace filled with passionate people.
Floor Manager at Wilfred Eaton Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
- Fast paced environment that requires 100% commitment and hard work
- Beneficial training and constant learning opportunities
- High expectations in order to motivate each employee
- Friendly and respectful co-workers
Pros
Supportive employees, social environment
Fun place to meet people
Distribution Center Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 29, 2015
A typical day requires a person to be ready to start at 6am in the morning to distribute items to be delivered to their locations in time
Pros
Coffee breaks
Cons
Long Hours
Competitive Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Aritizia is a competitive environment but teaches you how to advocate for yourself and work as a team with other like-minded individuals.
Fun and friendly place to work
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 31, 2015
Great place to do some labor and make some money. Friendly people with right attitude. KPI based system making sure your work is seen, and supervisors that value your efforts.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great people, Car pooling, Very good HR
Cons
Working in shifts
fun
Retail Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 25, 2015
was able to experience retail and Provide temporary support to Artizia by assisting in organizing and pricing merchandise in preparation for their Boxing day sale.
Worked very efficiently in a fast paced team environment to ensure all deadline was met.
Fun and interactive Workplace with great people
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  VaughanMay 1, 2015
A typical day a work included me coordinating with my supervisor for what products and what my quota for the day should be. I learned how to process clothing as well as proper procudure in handling different types of merchandise and ow they would be presented on the floor. My management was great, always will to lend a helping hand or to assist me with anything that I had a problem with and could not solve myself. My co workers were also very professional at the same time were very enjoyable to work with. the hardest part was the unpredictable hours, which were to be expected as a seasonal hire. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that made the work environment very welcoming, and a pleasure to work.
pretty hectic and a busy workplace to work with
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 1, 2015
It was a pretty busy place to work with and it never runs out of people, but still, it was a fun place because you had to work with other people. From that job, i can say that it was pretty chaotic and we try to make it organized.
Pros
easy job
Cons
short hours
big place
Picker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 5, 2015
typically i would be assigned to a certain section of the warehouse to pick orders from, i have learned how to become more aware of my surroundings with the task i have been given.
Pros
bell tv in break room
Cons
weird break schedule
Not what you expect
Cashier/Shipper Receiver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Aritzia is an all women's clothing brand that is very popular in Canada and now the U.S. It has an established clientele and many blogs have praised it for the clothing, and even the service given when customers have been shopping. It is very fast paced and high energy, you have to have drive and be smart to truly do well at selling and keeping up with the high expectations that are told my the management team. A typical day starts with you arriving 15 min early to do a walk through of the store so you know where everything is, as well as making a re-stocking list for your section. You learn to think for yourself and to gather all your "facts" before you ask your manager for anything, it helps show your team the potential you have. You work as a team on the sales floor, cash and in shipping and receiving. There are small teams that help create a bigger picture of what customers see. The hardest part of my job is the hours and that there is no guarantee that you will have any, the best part of my job is the people.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no hours, difficult to advance
Friendly and stylish workplace
SO CLEANER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2015
a typical day at work consists in kitchens and washrooms cleaning, inventory management and supplies requisitions, and janitorial room organization.
Pros
good benefits and salary, free beverages
Cons
too much work for a single person
team orientated and great atmosphere
shipper/ receiver (Current Employee) –  thornhillApril 15, 2015
i receive merchandise(unpack, tag, and prepare for sales floor as per Aritzia standards.
i have learned to work and manage a team to process shipment accurately, speed, and efficiently. learned to communicate well with management and also take the leadership to train other shipper/ receiver.
difficult parts of the job is having more than 1000 units in a day.
the most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great group of people.
Company's culture not very IT friendly
Senior SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancover, BCAugust 15, 2014
Dealing with day to day support.
SAP supported outsourced and In-House SAP people don't quite get what SAP Basis is all about.
Management is trying to understand people but by the end of the day is all about money
Satisfying In-house people and support vendors plus dealing with Project SAP Basis tasks can be overwhelming at times.
I get to architect and execute really good SAP Basis Project work with minimum support from outside (e.g. supporting vendor )
Pros
clothes discount
Cons
very long hours and not much appreciation of what i am doing
Professionals not welcomed
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Support OfficeJanuary 17, 2013
I took pride in working for a Canadian, Vancouver born company when I first started. But quickly saw that Aritzia is:
- unethical
- discriminatory (against weight, looks and status)
- unprofessional
- poorly managed
- vindictive
- preys on those with low self-esteem

and has:
- questionable business practices
- no compassion for charity or community causes
- incredibly high turnover

I have witnessed threatening language in upper management meetings and a show of public embarrassment time and time again. Many professionals have left as they felt morally and ethically conflicted.

As an emerging leader in this company, I have stayed to try and change this culture and coach those around me. But after 5 years, I feel this is a losing battle.

Before you apply, make sure you question why this position has been posted 2 to 3 times each year.
Pros
dog friendly, ample clothing allowance and provides yoga class
Cons
not professional, judged on weight, appearance/looks, society status

Comment – March 11, 2013

OMG, I should have listened to your review. A simple search will show you...

Interactive Cultured Environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONOctober 21, 2013
Aritzia's culture is unlike any other womens' clothing store I have ever encountered. You will find the associates to have such a fun, enthusiastic dynamic that customers will actually enjoy their shopping experience just as much as the high-end clothes they will receive. Sales associates aren't just expected to sell merchandise, they are expected to provide a fabulous customer experience and personalized their wardrobes. As such, associates are expected to have intimate knowledge of the various clothing lines while modelling their own sense of style and personality. Although associates are evaluated on their individual contributions, team and store goals are set and awards and benefits are provided for being a team player. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with people on a personal level, while listening to my favourite music blaring in the background. The hardest part of the job was having to stand for so many hours!
Pros
pop-culture influenced
Cons
long day