Aritzia

Aritzia Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
hard to balance work and life
CASHIER (Current Employee), torontoMay 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: only 30 mins break
a lot of work gets thrown at you at once. Everything feels to be all over the place.
Sometimes it's difficult to work there because you're in a place full of women and with that I think in order for a place to work we must need a balance of males and females.
I've at least learnt how to multitask and communicate with other people. however, the hardest part of the job is trying to get your to-do's done.
Fun and interactive Workplace with great people
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), VaughanMay 1, 2015
A typical day a work included me coordinating with my supervisor for what products and what my quota for the day should be. I learned how to process clothing as well as proper procudure in handling different types of merchandise and ow they would be presented on the floor. My management was great, always will to lend a helping hand or to assist me with anything that I had a problem with and could not solve myself. My co workers were also very professional at the same time were very enjoyable to work with. the hardest part was the unpredictable hours, which were to be expected as a seasonal hire. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that made the work environment very welcoming, and a pleasure to work.
team orientated and great atmosphere
shipper/ receiver (Current Employee), thornhillApril 15, 2015
i receive merchandise(unpack, tag, and prepare for sales floor as per Aritzia standards.
i have learned to work and manage a team to process shipment accurately, speed, and efficiently. learned to communicate well with management and also take the leadership to train other shipper/ receiver.
difficult parts of the job is having more than 1000 units in a day.
the most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great group of people.
This is an amazing company to work for. Some of the best work experiences I have ever had.
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Aritzia is an amazing company to work for, they really promote professional growth. They also embrace creativity and individuality.
Friendly and stylish workplace
SO CLEANER (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits and salary, free beverages
Cons: too much work for a single person
a typical day at work consists in kitchens and washrooms cleaning, inventory management and supplies requisitions, and janitorial room organization.
Best retail job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Aritzia. Many people don't like it because of the sales quota that needs to be maintained, but I personally enjoyed that because it challenged me to actually learn about the products and sell the right clothes to the right people.
acquired many good qualities that will help with future employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 10, 2015
-learned proper sales techniques to gain good sales
-develop close relationships with customers
-gain customers trust to employ future sales
-skills working in a competitive environment
-maintain a sales quota
Excellen place to work in fashion
Contract Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: contract hourly rate and staff
Cons: long and unpredictable hours
I was hired to work as a contract graphic designer during the crazy, busy time of year that is retail.

I would definitely work on contract here again.
Negative environment and negative terrible management
Holiday help (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 24, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I was hired for holiday help, my first and last day was absolutely best described as torture. I was really looking forward to a job with Aritzia although the management was rude and was not welcoming at all . When a store hires for holiday help they want to make a good impression on the employee as much as the employee needs to make a good impression but this was not the case ! I was also a frequent shopper at Aritzia but now I will never go there again seeing how they treat other people behind closed doors is unexceptable. My best advice is to continue looking for employment elsewhere .
Cleaner @ Head office
Cleaner (Former Employee), Vancouver BCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: lovely kitchen fully outfitted with full sized fridge, stove, micro, dishwasher.
Cons: all of the above - longest year of my life.
For someone cleaning the head office has a horrible floor plan, from one floor to another, use freight elevator (because no one wants to know what you do or that you're there). Open floor concept - hard not to be noticed while pushing cleaning cart through narrow aisles, while other people are doing work, meeting with new clientele, showing new products, etc. - and 'please don't run that vacuum cleaner' (so you'd rather sit in clothing dust?) - and don't talk to anyone...Rather snobby, not very many friendly people, all about status - not about people. Funny how I see people with Aritzia clothing all over town but if you really knew how the company operates behind closed doors. Don't forget to go to the 'before school sale' (Labour Day weekend) where all clothing (overruns) are deeply discounted! Office building in sketchy part of town, only one reputable restaurant close by - expensive. Many of their lines are made in China - read 'slave labour' with no labour code. Some staff receive 90% clothing lines so read into that what you will - they're still making money and only charging 10%. One of the worst places I've ever worked.
always moving and meeting new people
Shipper Receiver (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: on and off hours
typical day at work would start off by sending out customer transfers to requested stores. then move onto shipment which we unpack tag fold and steam and ran onto the floor for customer and business goal needs. i've learned to communicate and always being organize always touching stuff once never twice. my co-workers are very strong and easy to get along with and very motivate to work. my job is very easy nothing hard about the job, most enjoyable part would have to be the team because working with a motivated team makes you motive to strive hard and get stuff done
Company's culture not very IT friendly
Senior SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee), Vancover, BCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: clothes discount
Cons: very long hours and not much appreciation of what i am doing
Dealing with day to day support.
SAP supported outsourced and In-House SAP people don't quite get what SAP Basis is all about.
Management is trying to understand people but by the end of the day is all about money
Satisfying In-house people and support vendors plus dealing with Project SAP Basis tasks can be overwhelming at times.
I get to architect and execute really good SAP Basis Project work with minimum support from outside (e.g. supporting vendor )
Clientele Calling
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC at Holt RenfrewJuly 22, 2014
Volunteer position.
Cold calling clientele.
Great office atmosphere.
productive workplace
Aritzia Warehouse Sale (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: paid job
Cons: always on your feet
It was a very interesting experience in which I learned how to tag clothing items and place clothes in different racks according to sale prices.
boring, not fun, negative mood
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 14, 2014
Cons: boring, unmotivating, low pay
was not a fun place to work at, stock isnt the best part of this company, and nor do they treat you with a positive mood.

people are unmotivated and just work you till you get dead tired not a care at all for you, and only thinking of themselves and how it would benefit them.

Plus very low pay
Artizia: Not all gold and shiny like their signature sign.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: high tension working environment with little flexibility for shifts.
The best part of this job was providing that client with the best shopping experience they had ever had and hearing that from them personally. Providing honest and educational advice about clothes and helping the client find the right fit, colour and style for their body type. This type of honesty is what made clients come back into the store to shop with me personally.

The extreme pressure from management to maintain hourly sales goals was difficult to deal with for it would then lack in the relationship with the client and them leaving on a positive note. There was little encouragement or attempts when management was asked for extra training in areas of weakness. Management was manipulative to the employee for own personal goals. One of the worst experience was that they refused to send the employee home, even though it was very evident that they had severe food poisoning/allergic reaction due to the food they falsely stated was safe for the employee to eat.
excellent very nice
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: they were girl clothes
Could never complain always expected the best out of me!

a typical day at work was a fun day at work
learned how to work efficiently
management was excellent
co-workers were enjoyable
the hardest part of the job was always the best challenge
the most enjoyable part of the job was working as a group
Positive environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: on boxing day we had free coffee and lunches :d
Cons: i can't think of any. it was probably the best job. :)
Working there made me more confident about myself, and I learned how to talk and just be myself and not be so shy to work with others and customers. My co-workers intimidated me a little bit, but over all they're the sweetest people I have ever met.
Fun energetic environment
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), burnaby,bcDecember 2, 2013
Coming to work and going through emails of the tasks that need to be completed for the day. its a fun group effort job with myself and the co workers would go through everything together and work with it on team effort .
Interactive Cultured Environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pop-culture influenced
Cons: long day
Aritzia's culture is unlike any other womens' clothing store I have ever encountered. You will find the associates to have such a fun, enthusiastic dynamic that customers will actually enjoy their shopping experience just as much as the high-end clothes they will receive. Sales associates aren't just expected to sell merchandise, they are expected to provide a fabulous customer experience and personalized their wardrobes. As such, associates are expected to have intimate knowledge of the various clothing lines while modelling their own sense of style and personality. Although associates are evaluated on their individual contributions, team and store goals are set and awards and benefits are provided for being a team player. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with people on a personal level, while listening to my favourite music blaring in the background. The hardest part of the job was having to stand for so many hours!

About Aritzia

Aritzia is a women’s fashion boutique that offers beautifully-designed clothes that are on trend, high quality, and good – Read more