Aritzia

Cold calling clientele.
Great office atmosphere.
productive workplace
Aritzia Warehouse Sale (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: paid job
Cons: always on your feet
It was a very interesting experience in which I learned how to tag clothing items and place clothes in different racks according to sale prices.
boring, not fun, negative mood
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 14, 2014
Cons: boring, unmotivating, low pay
was not a fun place to work at, stock isnt the best part of this company, and nor do they treat you with a positive mood.

people are unmotivated and just work you till you get dead tired not a care at all for you, and only thinking of themselves and how it would benefit them.

Plus very low pay
Artizia: Not all gold and shiny like their signature sign.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: high tension working environment with little flexibility for shifts.
The best part of this job was providing that client with the best shopping experience they had ever had and hearing that from them personally. Providing honest and educational advice about clothes and helping the client find the right fit, colour and style for their body type. This type of honesty is what made clients come back into the store to shop – more... with me personally.

The extreme pressure from management to maintain hourly sales goals was difficult to deal with for it would then lack in the relationship with the client and them leaving on a positive note. There was little encouragement or attempts when management was asked for extra training in areas of weakness. Management was manipulative to the employee for own personal goals. One of the worst experience was that they refused to send the employee home, even though it was very evident that they had severe food poisoning/allergic reaction due to the food they falsely stated was safe for the employee to eat. – less
excellent very nice
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: they were girl clothes
Could never complain always expected the best out of me!

a typical day at work was a fun day at work
learned how to work efficiently
management was excellent
co-workers were enjoyable
the hardest part of the job was always the best challenge
the most enjoyable part of the job was working as a group
Positive environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: on boxing day we had free coffee and lunches :d
Cons: i can't think of any. it was probably the best job. :)
Working there made me more confident about myself, and I learned how to talk and just be myself and not be so shy to work with others and customers. My co-workers intimidated me a little bit, but over all they're the sweetest people I have ever met.
Fun energetic environment
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), burnaby,bcDecember 2, 2013
Coming to work and going through emails of the tasks that need to be completed for the day. its a fun group effort job with myself and the co workers would go through everything together and work with it on team effort .
Interactive Cultured Environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pop-culture influenced
Cons: long day
Aritzia's culture is unlike any other womens' clothing store I have ever encountered. You will find the associates to have such a fun, enthusiastic dynamic that customers will actually enjoy their shopping experience just as much as the high-end clothes they will receive. Sales associates aren't just expected to sell merchandise, they are expected to – more... provide a fabulous customer experience and personalized their wardrobes. As such, associates are expected to have intimate knowledge of the various clothing lines while modelling their own sense of style and personality. Although associates are evaluated on their individual contributions, team and store goals are set and awards and benefits are provided for being a team player. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with people on a personal level, while listening to my favourite music blaring in the background. The hardest part of the job was having to stand for so many hours! – less
Very labour intensive, however always filled with excitement
Senior Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee), Toronto,ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: very well paid hourly wage.
Cons: not enough hours to work
I would count to make sure the number of boxes coming into the stores matched the number said on a runsheet. If correct I would sign them off, if incorrect I would double count and notify managers on duty. After I would organize by the Store Merchandise Manager's request, usually separating new to already in store shipment.
Set my work station, scan – more... boxes, and calculate an estimated end time it should take to finish the shipment, and then communicate to the managers. Start the shipment line. After finished, clean up and review the calculate the estimate time was met; usually it was and even finshed better than expected.

I learned the great importances of organization, and communication. Constantly exposed to the new trends in women's fashion, and learned some new brands along the way.

Most of the time, managers were fairly excellent in terms of their duties. All co-workers were hard work in order to meet a certain standard for the company.

The hardest part of my job was trying to balance a physically intensive role and meet a high standard for the duties of my role.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people, and always finding new surprises within the shipment of what is trending. – less
HIgh Intensity workplace
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good hours, 40% discount
Cons: can be a bad atmosphere
Very intense vibe. Most of the time it's a pretty high traffic store. I worked sales and cash. Sales people are usually designated a couple of sections to clean throughout the shift. Sales expectations are pretty strict. You approach the customers and take their items to "fits", and by doing so you claim the sale. You need to ensure they are taken care – more... of every step of the sale, on the floor find them garments, get sizes while in fits, etc. You are expected to take their items to the cash desk folded for the cashier.

As for cash it's can be very high paced. There is a system of three people in the busiest times (such as xmas). One person preps the garment removing tags, scanning folding etc. The next processes the transaction and the last person wraps and packages the garment. It's extremely efficient. Cash people are responsible for cleaning garbage, keeping track of held items, stocking bags, and taking calls.

The employees are expected to have good style and be well kept.

You are taught a lot about merchandising as the store is constantly changing. I learned how to handle high quality garments and sell them. It can get rather competitive on the sales floor so there is that to look out for if that's not your cup of tea.

All in all the shifts went by quickly, the management is very organized. At the beginning of your shift they prep everyone on hourly sales and promotional deals. They are really aware of everything that's going on. – less
Aritzia
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: employee relations
The Aritzia brand is one of perfection and cultural beauty. They are keen on providing quality products and services to propel their brand. While doing this they have become a cultural landmark and a beacon of Canadian fashion and lifestyle. Typical days at work include understanding their vision and working hard to ensure the condition of the company – more... is not only healthy but polished. – less
Expect a lot out of you, very different environment at each location
Cashier (Former Employee), NewmarketMay 28, 2013
you have to have a certain personality to work here and you will end up spending most of your paycheque on clothes!
hectic but fun and exctiting
Assistant to Merchandiser (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2013
Pros: exciting environment, meeting new people constantly
Cons: long hours. lack of training
Working at Aritzia was definitely a learning experience. I was thrown into my position with no heads up or advice and it resulted in a lot of headache, but also taught me so much. I learned a lot of selling strategies, how merchandise was distributed, ordered and strategically placed in the store to heighten sales. I learned about visuals and what needs – more... to be done to make the store visually pleasing. The hardest thing about my job was the fact that i had no prior training so I had to learn everything on my own. The most enjoyable was the staff; they were helpful and allowed for fun in a hectic environment. – less
Long hours but friendly staff. Time went by quickly.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2013
Pros: store discounts
Cons: long hours
Usually I folded clothes, cleaned the store and did mark downs. Merchandise work.
Excellent Workplace
CASHIER; SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2013
Aritzia is very much involved in creating a culture and experience for its customers and being a part of that culture as an employee meant being fashionable and friendly while delivering a precise customer experience. There was plenty of room for growth, development and advancement within Aritzia, which I really appreciated. The work environment was – more... positive and getting along with co-workers and managers was a breeze. I learned valuable customer service skills and merchandising skills. – less
Professionals not welcomed
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver Support OfficeJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: dog friendly, ample clothing allowance and provides yoga class
Cons: not professional, judged on weight, appearance/looks, society status
I took pride in working for a Canadian, Vancouver born company when I first started. But quickly saw that Aritzia is:
- unethical
- discriminatory (against weight, looks and status)
- unprofessional
- poorly managed
- vindictive
- preys on those with low self-esteem

and has:
- questionable business practices
- no compassion for charity or community – more... causes
- incredibly high turnover

I have witnessed threatening language in upper management meetings and a show of public embarrassment time and time again. Many professionals have left as they felt morally and ethically conflicted.

As an emerging leader in this company, I have stayed to try and change this culture and coach those around me. But after 5 years, I feel this is a losing battle.

Before you apply, make sure you question why this position has been posted 2 to 3 times each year. – less

Aritzia – March 11, 2013

OMG, I should have listened to your review. A simple search will show you...

Not what you expect
Cashier/Shipper Receiver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no hours, difficult to advance
Aritzia is an all women's clothing brand that is very popular in Canada and now the U.S. It has an established clientele and many blogs have praised it for the clothing, and even the service given when customers have been shopping. It is very fast paced and high energy, you have to have drive and be smart to truly do well at selling and keeping up with – more... the high expectations that are told my the management team. A typical day starts with you arriving 15 min early to do a walk through of the store so you know where everything is, as well as making a re-stocking list for your section. You learn to think for yourself and to gather all your "facts" before you ask your manager for anything, it helps show your team the potential you have. You work as a team on the sales floor, cash and in shipping and receiving. There are small teams that help create a bigger picture of what customers see. The hardest part of my job is the hours and that there is no guarantee that you will have any, the best part of my job is the people. – less
Fast paced and competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONApril 23, 2012
I enjoyed working at Aritzia. I learned a lot of about competetive selling and maintaining a high quota. Every shift was a challenge, but ended with a sense of reward and accomplishment.
Lively environment, Fast paced.
Shipper/Receiver, Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2012
Pros: fun, socializing, fast paced, entertaining
Cons: some long hours, working at night for markdowns, not enough hours
The day starts off once timed in, you have a daily morning operations, which includes restocking, lighting walk through, shipping out customer transfers to various stores across Canada, making sure security tags are emptied from the cash desk area, setting up work stations for incoming products, scanning boxes as it arrives, unpacking, scurity tagging, – more... hanging/folding, steaming and running our items to the floor, back stocking items in the back room, ensuring the back stocking is organized for fellow coworkers to locate. Quick meetings with managers during yesterdays performance, durning the days performance, and improving how we can do better in the work place.

I've gained alot of experience through this company and how it works, it's a very high volume store, learing from other coworkers and gaining knowledge and sharing knowledge with each other.

Management team are always helpful, skilled and caring, always on track with daily routines. Giving feedback to employees to improve performance.

Hardest part of the job isn't really what's hard, it's about learning better ways to do your job in a timely fashion and being safe, in what we're doing.

Co-workers are very friendly, fun to be around, and always socializing and it's a good way to meet new people. – less
Stressful but helps you grow as an employee by gaining new sets of skills
Sales associate (Former Employee), Ottawa,CanadaMarch 28, 2013
Very stressful environment, constant pressure to sell. Not an enjoyable environment to work. On the plus side you learn how to handle stressful situations and multitasking becomes second nature to you.

About Aritzia

Aritzia is a women’s fashion boutique that offers beautifully-designed clothes that are on trend, high quality, and good – Read more