Aritzia Employee Reviews

Productive fun atmosphere
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
Found the job through a friend whos sister mentioned they were reopening and needed help with the general labor. Friendly coworkers and an overall atmosphere made for a pleasurable couple days it took to do what was needed.
Discouraging, overly-competitive environment with extremely poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
Aritzia is a workplace very centred around individual performance, with extremely high expectations. Unhappy clients complaining about rude, transactional customer service far outnumber those who are truly pleased with the store's atmosphere.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not enough hours, zero encouragement for new hires, no cooperation between coworkers, horrible management, no regard for work-life balance
If you want to be in sales this is where you start
Part-time Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2017
Of all the summer jobs I'd say this is the worst because it is at night when the buses stop running and as a 16 year old having your parents come get you at 3 in the morning does not make for a good job. Plus they pay minimum wage and you don't get that many shifts but it's the only way to get a day time sales position there.
new employees training is very helpful
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Working at Aritzia let me had a big improvement in fashion retail filed. we had training 1 to 2 times per week, that managers will teach us how to sale professionally, and how to catch customers. The manager team always tell us should be knowledgable, and we had few test to do, in order to know well about our products. I think that is one of the skills that I need to get as a sales person.
Entry-level Cashier Experience in a Fast-paced environment
Temporary Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2017
- Learned Point-of sales system and cash flow
- Highly pressured in doing cash transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Hardest part of the job is when meeting a demanding, unfriendly and unsatisfied customers and try to resolve their issues with their particular transactions
Not Just a Retail Job
Customer Operations (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC17 February 2017
For a retail environment, it's a workplace that really pushes you to meet your daily/hourly goals making you feel like you're in a career not just a job.
Pros
Fantastic discount!
Cons
Competitive
Aritzia In a Nutshell
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
Very fast paced and demanding of new employees; no real time given to grasp concepts and refine knowledge on source material.
productive fun work place
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2017
everything about working at aritzia was great the only thing that isn't so great are the hours because the amount of hours you get depends on how much you sell
great music, fun fashion sense
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 December 2016
horrible management, very strict and strategic.. stuck up staff, music was great but very competitive environment. No body enjoyed working
Pros
discounted merchandise, great music
Cons
long hours, pressure from menagement
Its a cool place to work--but demanding
Merchandiser Support (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 December 2016
Running clothes from fitting rooms back on the floor, helping in the back stock fold merchandise. Co-workers are fun and great to get along with, management is alright, first starting out is a bit confusing. I had no training prior to my first shift. Hardest part was getting the hang of everything despite the fact I had no training whatsoever. Most enjoyable is the busy environment around clothes you love and funny coworkers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No proper training.
very friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Loved working there for the holiday season it was fun to work in a mall and see all the Christmas stuff, and help people find stuff for there loves ones
Pros
lots of fashion
Cons
Long Days
Ask you to provide your work plan and then do it themselves
TBA (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
Scam. You're asked to provide a work plan detailing how you would perform your job.. then they go do your recommendations themselves.

Seem too cheap to hire a consultant to help them figure out what they need to do.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Cheap. Can't hire a consultant.
Decent place to work
Style Advisor - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2016
Very fast paced and friendly environment. Employees really care about their clients and customers and will do whatever they can to make sure their shopping experience is the best. Personally I love connecting with customers and knowing that they leave the store satisfied and beyond happy with their purchase.
Pros
great co-workers and environment
Cons
Short hours
Cutthroat environment but great financial advances
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
Environment set on company culture. Branding very key in attracting the best talent to the business. Management needs more emphasis on leading vs. Instilling empty values.
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 September 2016
I absolutely loved working with Aritzia. Very well structured company that has a lot of culture. It was very fast-paced which I enjoyed and there is a lot of communicating with your teammates about the sales that you will be making.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Hard to get days off
Interesting people
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
This was a season job for boxing day. I don't know if I know enough about the company to say more. As expected of a season position it had long hours in the dead of the night but everyone who was there made it fairly enjoyable. I can't say this is the same of every location but it was a pleasure meeting everyone.the work was straight forward.
Pros
pizza breaks
Productive workplace with a fun environment
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2016
The environment of the store was very positive. The managers were very helpful and accommodated for any inconveniences. The co-workers that were there from before also helped out when I lacked behind in a task. Overall, a very promising and fun place to work at.
Pros
Pay per hour was high
Cons
Strange hours of work
Well Organized
Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 August 2016
Great place to work at. Learn all the right ways to sell merchandise. Very organized and professional.Got to work with a great team.
Challenging and Fun
Cash Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto10 August 2016
A great company to learn from and experience. Their motives and means of accomplishing things can be applied to all aspects of your life. Great way to gain customer service experience. Great sense of team work, work ethics, and culture.
Fun and fast paced environment that offers a lot of opportunities
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 July 2016
At Aritzia, I learned to work in a very fast paced environment by juggling cleaning and assisting 3-5 customers at once. My coworkers were all very supportive and wanted me to succeed in the company. The hardest part of the job is that it can be very demanding when it comes to busy seasons. But it does pay well and offer their employees amazing benefits and opportunities for growth within the company.