Aritzia

Aritzia Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly and stylish workplace
SO CLEANER (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits and salary, free beverages
Cons: too much work for a single person
a typical day at work consists in kitchens and washrooms cleaning, inventory management and supplies requisitions, and janitorial room organization.
Best retail job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Aritzia. Many people don't like it because of the sales quota that needs to be maintained, but I personally enjoyed that because it challenged me to actually learn about the products and sell the right clothes to the right people.
acquired many good qualities that will help with future employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 10, 2015
-learned proper sales techniques to gain good sales
-develop close relationships with customers
-gain customers trust to employ future sales
-skills working in a competitive environment
-maintain a sales quota
Excellen place to work in fashion
Contract Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: contract hourly rate and staff
Cons: long and unpredictable hours
I was hired to work as a contract graphic designer during the crazy, busy time of year that is retail.

I would definitely work on contract here again.
Negative environment and negative terrible management
Holiday help (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 24, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I was hired for holiday help, my first and last day was absolutely best described as torture. I was really looking forward to a job with Aritzia although the management was rude and was not welcoming at all . When a store hires for holiday help they want to make a good impression on the employee as much as the employee needs to make a good impression but this was not the case ! I was also a frequent shopper at Aritzia but now I will never go there again seeing how they treat other people behind closed doors is unexceptable. My best advice is to continue looking for employment elsewhere .
Cleaner @ Head office
Cleaner (Former Employee), Vancouver BCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: lovely kitchen fully outfitted with full sized fridge, stove, micro, dishwasher.
Cons: all of the above - longest year of my life.
For someone cleaning the head office has a horrible floor plan, from one floor to another, use freight elevator (because no one wants to know what you do or that you're there). Open floor concept - hard not to be noticed while pushing cleaning cart through narrow aisles, while other people are doing work, meeting with new clientele, showing new products, etc. - and 'please don't run that vacuum cleaner' (so you'd rather sit in clothing dust?) - and don't talk to anyone...Rather snobby, not very many friendly people, all about status - not about people. Funny how I see people with Aritzia clothing all over town but if you really knew how the company operates behind closed doors. Don't forget to go to the 'before school sale' (Labour Day weekend) where all clothing (overruns) are deeply discounted! Office building in sketchy part of town, only one reputable restaurant close by - expensive. Many of their lines are made in China - read 'slave labour' with no labour code. Some staff receive 90% clothing lines so read into that what you will - they're still making money and only charging 10%. One of the worst places I've ever worked.
always moving and meeting new people
Shipper Receiver (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: on and off hours
typical day at work would start off by sending out customer transfers to requested stores. then move onto shipment which we unpack tag fold and steam and ran onto the floor for customer and business goal needs. i've learned to communicate and always being organize always touching stuff once never twice. my co-workers are very strong and easy to get along with and very motivate to work. my job is very easy nothing hard about the job, most enjoyable part would have to be the team because working with a motivated team makes you motive to strive hard and get stuff done
Company's culture not very IT friendly
Senior SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee), Vancover, BCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: clothes discount
Cons: very long hours and not much appreciation of what i am doing
Dealing with day to day support.
SAP supported outsourced and In-House SAP people don't quite get what SAP Basis is all about.
Management is trying to understand people but by the end of the day is all about money
Satisfying In-house people and support vendors plus dealing with Project SAP Basis tasks can be overwhelming at times.
I get to architect and execute really good SAP Basis Project work with minimum support from outside (e.g. supporting vendor )
Clientele Calling
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC at Holt RenfrewJuly 22, 2014
Volunteer position.
Cold calling clientele.
Great office atmosphere.
productive workplace
Aritzia Warehouse Sale (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: paid job
Cons: always on your feet
It was a very interesting experience in which I learned how to tag clothing items and place clothes in different racks according to sale prices.
boring, not fun, negative mood
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 14, 2014
Cons: boring, unmotivating, low pay
was not a fun place to work at, stock isnt the best part of this company, and nor do they treat you with a positive mood.

people are unmotivated and just work you till you get dead tired not a care at all for you, and only thinking of themselves and how it would benefit them.

Plus very low pay
excellent very nice
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: they were girl clothes
Could never complain always expected the best out of me!

a typical day at work was a fun day at work
learned how to work efficiently
management was excellent
co-workers were enjoyable
the hardest part of the job was always the best challenge
the most enjoyable part of the job was working as a group
Positive environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: on boxing day we had free coffee and lunches :d
Cons: i can't think of any. it was probably the best job. :)
Working there made me more confident about myself, and I learned how to talk and just be myself and not be so shy to work with others and customers. My co-workers intimidated me a little bit, but over all they're the sweetest people I have ever met.
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Shipper-Receiver (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 11, 2014
Pro's:
- Energetic and productive workday. Time flies when you're having fun
- If you love fashion/style, new music, in your 20's, you'll fit in perfectly
- Great pay + opportunity to advance/transfer
- Great communication between staff and management
- Given a lot of trust and responsibility

Con's:
- In terms of shipping-receiving, your hours can get cut out of nowhere depending on business reports (if it's business is down, you get no shifts)
Fun energetic environment
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), burnaby,bcDecember 2, 2013
Coming to work and going through emails of the tasks that need to be completed for the day. its a fun group effort job with myself and the co workers would go through everything together and work with it on team effort .
Interactive Cultured Environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pop-culture influenced
Cons: long day
Aritzia's culture is unlike any other womens' clothing store I have ever encountered. You will find the associates to have such a fun, enthusiastic dynamic that customers will actually enjoy their shopping experience just as much as the high-end clothes they will receive. Sales associates aren't just expected to sell merchandise, they are expected to provide a fabulous customer experience and personalized their wardrobes. As such, associates are expected to have intimate knowledge of the various clothing lines while modelling their own sense of style and personality. Although associates are evaluated on their individual contributions, team and store goals are set and awards and benefits are provided for being a team player. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with people on a personal level, while listening to my favourite music blaring in the background. The hardest part of the job was having to stand for so many hours!
Very labour intensive, however always filled with excitement
Senior Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee), Toronto,ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: very well paid hourly wage.
Cons: not enough hours to work
I would count to make sure the number of boxes coming into the stores matched the number said on a runsheet. If correct I would sign them off, if incorrect I would double count and notify managers on duty. After I would organize by the Store Merchandise Manager's request, usually separating new to already in store shipment.
Set my work station, scan boxes, and calculate an estimated end time it should take to finish the shipment, and then communicate to the managers. Start the shipment line. After finished, clean up and review the calculate the estimate time was met; usually it was and even finshed better than expected.

I learned the great importances of organization, and communication. Constantly exposed to the new trends in women's fashion, and learned some new brands along the way.

Most of the time, managers were fairly excellent in terms of their duties. All co-workers were hard work in order to meet a certain standard for the company.

The hardest part of my job was trying to balance a physically intensive role and meet a high standard for the duties of my role.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people, and always finding new surprises within the shipment of what is trending.
HIgh Intensity workplace
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good hours, 40% discount
Cons: can be a bad atmosphere
Very intense vibe. Most of the time it's a pretty high traffic store. I worked sales and cash. Sales people are usually designated a couple of sections to clean throughout the shift. Sales expectations are pretty strict. You approach the customers and take their items to "fits", and by doing so you claim the sale. You need to ensure they are taken care of every step of the sale, on the floor find them garments, get sizes while in fits, etc. You are expected to take their items to the cash desk folded for the cashier.

As for cash it's can be very high paced. There is a system of three people in the busiest times (such as xmas). One person preps the garment removing tags, scanning folding etc. The next processes the transaction and the last person wraps and packages the garment. It's extremely efficient. Cash people are responsible for cleaning garbage, keeping track of held items, stocking bags, and taking calls.

The employees are expected to have good style and be well kept.

You are taught a lot about merchandising as the store is constantly changing. I learned how to handle high quality garments and sell them. It can get rather competitive on the sales floor so there is that to look out for if that's not your cup of tea.

All in all the shifts went by quickly, the management is very organized. At the beginning of your shift they prep everyone on hourly sales and promotional deals. They are really aware of everything that's going on.
Aritzia
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: employee relations
The Aritzia brand is one of perfection and cultural beauty. They are keen on providing quality products and services to propel their brand. While doing this they have become a cultural landmark and a beacon of Canadian fashion and lifestyle. Typical days at work include understanding their vision and working hard to ensure the condition of the company is not only healthy but polished.
Expect a lot out of you, very different environment at each location
Cashier (Former Employee), NewmarketMay 28, 2013
you have to have a certain personality to work here and you will end up spending most of your paycheque on clothes!

About Aritzia

Aritzia is a women’s fashion boutique that offers beautifully-designed clothes that are on trend, high quality, and good – Read more