Aritzia Employee Reviews

Cutthroat environment but great financial advances
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
Environment set on company culture. Branding very key in attracting the best talent to the business. Management needs more emphasis on leading vs. Instilling empty values.
Fun and fast paced environment that offers a lot of opportunities
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 July 2016
At Aritzia, I learned to work in a very fast paced environment by juggling cleaning and assisting 3-5 customers at once. My coworkers were all very supportive and wanted me to succeed in the company. The hardest part of the job is that it can be very demanding when it comes to busy seasons. But it does pay well and offer their employees amazing benefits and opportunities for growth within the company.
Interesting people
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
This was a season job for boxing day. I don't know if I know enough about the company to say more. As expected of a season position it had long hours in the dead of the night but everyone who was there made it fairly enjoyable. I can't say this is the same of every location but it was a pleasure meeting everyone.the work was straight forward.
Pros
pizza breaks
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 September 2016
I absolutely loved working with Aritzia. Very well structured company that has a lot of culture. It was very fast-paced which I enjoyed and there is a lot of communicating with your teammates about the sales that you will be making.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Hard to get days off
Difficult place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2016
Constant moving of goalposts. Ridiculous amount of approvals to get through - getting to the people giving approval is a chore also.
There are some extremely talented people working alongside you whose skills and expertise aren't utilized due to the overly corporate way of working. Difficult to be truly creative.
Terrible treatment by some managers that is just shocking.

I will say there are signs of it getting better but I wouldn't advise anyone moving across the country to take a job here currently. Drink the Kool Aid and you'll be fine but that drink is seriously spiked with some nasty stuff.

50% of the people are excellent, 50% are in it to use others to get higher. Lack of team spirit. Very cliquy.

Again they are trying but I don't see it getting better quickly, this amount of damage takes time to fix. Also depends on the department you work in.
If you are thick skinned and need the money and the name on your resume - good luck to you! Otherwise I wouldn't say the money is worth it. I only stayed as long as I did due to contract.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Hours, bad management, demoralizing place to be everyday.
Challenging and Fun
Cash Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto10 August 2016
A great company to learn from and experience. Their motives and means of accomplishing things can be applied to all aspects of your life. Great way to gain customer service experience. Great sense of team work, work ethics, and culture.
Great people, hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2016
The typical day was versatile but hard work. I learned a lot as the job was more difficult than it appeared and you worked with customers on a daily basis. The management tended to change every few months which was difficult as you would have to alter your decision and actions to suit those of the manager at the time. The hardest part was that it did not have too much flexibility in terms of scheduling once determined and it was on a short term notice. The most enjoyable part was the people you got to work with and the interactions with the customers.
The worst management team that I have ever had
sales (Former Employee) –  BC2 November 2015
The company provided decent training and clear with the expectation and culture value. However, the management team is very unorganized and unprofessional. They promoted many of people who are lack of experiences from the floor, and that makes the floor mess, no discipline, and definitely not professional. The schedule is very not reliable at all, such as booked the days off, but still schedule you for multiple times, etc.
Pros
discount
Cons
very long hours with unreliable schedule, and bad management team
Decent place to work
Style Advisor - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2016
Very fast paced and friendly environment. Employees really care about their clients and customers and will do whatever they can to make sure their shopping experience is the best. Personally I love connecting with customers and knowing that they leave the store satisfied and beyond happy with their purchase.
Pros
great co-workers and environment
Cons
Short hours
Productive workplace with a fun environment
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2016
The environment of the store was very positive. The managers were very helpful and accommodated for any inconveniences. The co-workers that were there from before also helped out when I lacked behind in a task. Overall, a very promising and fun place to work at.
Pros
Pay per hour was high
Cons
Strange hours of work
Ask you to provide your work plan and then do it themselves
TBA (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
Scam. You're asked to provide a work plan detailing how you would perform your job.. then they go do your recommendations themselves.

Seem too cheap to hire a consultant to help them figure out what they need to do.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Cheap. Can't hire a consultant.
Competitive Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2016
Aritizia is a competitive environment but teaches you how to advocate for yourself and work as a team with other like-minded individuals.
very friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Loved working there for the holiday season it was fun to work in a mall and see all the Christmas stuff, and help people find stuff for there loves ones
Pros
lots of fashion
Cons
Long Days
Well Organized
Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 August 2016
Great place to work at. Learn all the right ways to sell merchandise. Very organized and professional.Got to work with a great team.
Not what you expect
Cashier/Shipper Receiver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2012
Aritzia is an all women's clothing brand that is very popular in Canada and now the U.S. It has an established clientele and many blogs have praised it for the clothing, and even the service given when customers have been shopping. It is very fast paced and high energy, you have to have drive and be smart to truly do well at selling and keeping up with the high expectations that are told my the management team. A typical day starts with you arriving 15 min early to do a walk through of the store so you know where everything is, as well as making a re-stocking list for your section. You learn to think for yourself and to gather all your "facts" before you ask your manager for anything, it helps show your team the potential you have. You work as a team on the sales floor, cash and in shipping and receiving. There are small teams that help create a bigger picture of what customers see. The hardest part of my job is the hours and that there is no guarantee that you will have any, the best part of my job is the people.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no hours, difficult to advance
Too intense for a part time job
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2015
Benefits and salary was great, but the management is trained to put too much selling pressure on employees, and it became over whelming.
Senior Sales- Aritzia
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
As an Aritzia Senior Sales Associate, I am required to ensure the best customer service for all my clients. All clients are given my full attention by: greeting, determining needs, choosing the right outfits for their required events, and building lasting relationships.

I am to keep a minimum of $550 sales per hour, while keeping a consistent flow of customer service and maintaining my section of products. Also, checking that all core products (any item that accounts for 80% of our sales) is consistently stocked on the floor with full size ranges.

I work with a diverse group of individuals, with different employment and selling backgrounds, which allows us to work as a team to reach our stores and personal sales goals.

My management is very supportive and takes all employees needs into consideration, making the environment very positive and rewarding to work on. Management really incorporates a hard- working, positive, and truthful ethic. The culture is instilled into all employees with care.

The hardest part of my job is consistently staying on top of maintaining, selling, and communication through all roles in the store on a busy day. Weather effects our sales greatly, since we are a boutique styled store, this makes sales a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help a client find the right pair of jeans or dress for a meaningful and monumental moment in their life. The pictures that they take on those days are forever remembered and kept, with the outfit you've chosen.
Cons
Long Hours
Professionals not welcomed
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Support Office17 January 2013
I took pride in working for a Canadian, Vancouver born company when I first started. But quickly saw that Aritzia is:
- unethical
- discriminatory (against weight, looks and status)
- unprofessional
- poorly managed
- vindictive
- preys on those with low self-esteem

and has:
- questionable business practices
- no compassion for charity or community causes
- incredibly high turnover

I have witnessed threatening language in upper management meetings and a show of public embarrassment time and time again. Many professionals have left as they felt morally and ethically conflicted.

As an emerging leader in this company, I have stayed to try and change this culture and coach those around me. But after 5 years, I feel this is a losing battle.

Before you apply, make sure you question why this position has been posted 2 to 3 times each year.
Pros
dog friendly, ample clothing allowance and provides yoga class
Cons
not professional, judged on weight, appearance/looks, society status
Interactive Cultured Environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON21 October 2013
Aritzia's culture is unlike any other womens' clothing store I have ever encountered. You will find the associates to have such a fun, enthusiastic dynamic that customers will actually enjoy their shopping experience just as much as the high-end clothes they will receive. Sales associates aren't just expected to sell merchandise, they are expected to provide a fabulous customer experience and personalized their wardrobes. As such, associates are expected to have intimate knowledge of the various clothing lines while modelling their own sense of style and personality. Although associates are evaluated on their individual contributions, team and store goals are set and awards and benefits are provided for being a team player. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with people on a personal level, while listening to my favourite music blaring in the background. The hardest part of the job was having to stand for so many hours!
Pros
Pop-culture Influenced
Cons
Long Day
Company's culture not very IT friendly
Senior SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancover, BC15 August 2014
Dealing with day to day support.
SAP supported outsourced and In-House SAP people don't quite get what SAP Basis is all about.
Management is trying to understand people but by the end of the day is all about money
Satisfying In-house people and support vendors plus dealing with Project SAP Basis tasks can be overwhelming at times.
I get to architect and execute really good SAP Basis Project work with minimum support from outside (e.g. supporting vendor )
Pros
Clothes discount
Cons
Very long hours and not much appreciation of what I am doing