Aritzia Employee Reviews in Canada

Great people, hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
The typical day was versatile but hard work. I learned a lot as the job was more difficult than it appeared and you worked with customers on a daily basis. The management tended to change every few months which was difficult as you would have to alter your decision and actions to suit those of the manager at the time. The hardest part was that it did not have too much flexibility in terms of scheduling once determined and it was on a short term notice. The most enjoyable part was the people you got to work with and the interactions with the customers.
Competitive Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Aritizia is a competitive environment but teaches you how to advocate for yourself and work as a team with other like-minded individuals.
Hard working and motivating workplace filled with passionate people.
Floor Manager at Wilfred Eaton Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
- Fast paced environment that requires 100% commitment and hard work
- Beneficial training and constant learning opportunities
- High expectations in order to motivate each employee
- Friendly and respectful co-workers
Pros
Supportive employees, social environment
Difficult place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Constant moving of goalposts. Ridiculous amount of approvals to get through - getting to the people giving approval is a chore also.
There are some extremely talented people working alongside you whose skills and expertise aren't utilized due to the overly corporate way of working. Difficult to be truly creative.
Terrible treatment by some managers that is just shocking.

I will say there are signs of it getting better but I wouldn't advise anyone moving across the country to take a job here currently. Drink the Kool Aid and you'll be fine but that drink is seriously spiked with some nasty stuff.

50% of the people are excellent, 50% are in it to use others to get higher. Lack of team spirit. Very cliquy.

Again they are trying but I don't see it getting better quickly, this amount of damage takes time to fix. Also depends on the department you work in.
If you are thick skinned and need the money and the name on your resume - good luck to you! Otherwise I wouldn't say the money is worth it. I only stayed as long as I did due to contract.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Hours, bad management, demoralizing place to be everyday.
Fun and friendly place to work
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 31, 2015
Great place to do some labor and make some money. Friendly people with right attitude. KPI based system making sure your work is seen, and supervisors that value your efforts.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great people, Car pooling, Very good HR
Cons
Working in shifts
fun
Retail Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 25, 2015
was able to experience retail and Provide temporary support to Artizia by assisting in organizing and pricing merchandise in preparation for their Boxing day sale.
Worked very efficiently in a fast paced team environment to ensure all deadline was met.
big place
Picker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 5, 2015
typically i would be assigned to a certain section of the warehouse to pick orders from, i have learned how to become more aware of my surroundings with the task i have been given.
Pros
bell tv in break room
Cons
weird break schedule
pretty hectic and a busy workplace to work with
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 1, 2015
It was a pretty busy place to work with and it never runs out of people, but still, it was a fun place because you had to work with other people. From that job, i can say that it was pretty chaotic and we try to make it organized.
Pros
easy job
Cons
short hours
Competitive
Sales accommodation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Overall Aritzia is very good energy, however, it is too competitive and they required and expected too much & receive so little in return. Nothing worse than feeling replaceable every shift.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
labour
The worst management team that I have ever had
sales (Former Employee) –  BCNovember 2, 2015
The company provided decent training and clear with the expectation and culture value. However, the management team is very unorganized and unprofessional. They promoted many of people who are lack of experiences from the floor, and that makes the floor mess, no discipline, and definitely not professional. The schedule is very not reliable at all, such as booked the days off, but still schedule you for multiple times, etc.
Pros
discount
Cons
very long hours with unreliable schedule, and bad management team
Fun place to meet people
Distribution Center Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 29, 2015
A typical day requires a person to be ready to start at 6am in the morning to distribute items to be delivered to their locations in time
Pros
Coffee breaks
Cons
Long Hours
Too intense for a part time job
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
Benefits and salary was great, but the management is trained to put too much selling pressure on employees, and it became over whelming.
Disorganized and unfair employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Unorganized and mean managerial staff, awful scheduling system, rude employees and ethics. Would not encourage anyone to apply
Senior Sales- Aritzia
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
As an Aritzia Senior Sales Associate, I am required to ensure the best customer service for all my clients. All clients are given my full attention by: greeting, determining needs, choosing the right outfits for their required events, and building lasting relationships.

I am to keep a minimum of $550 sales per hour, while keeping a consistent flow of customer service and maintaining my section of products. Also, checking that all core products (any item that accounts for 80% of our sales) is consistently stocked on the floor with full size ranges.

I work with a diverse group of individuals, with different employment and selling backgrounds, which allows us to work as a team to reach our stores and personal sales goals.

My management is very supportive and takes all employees needs into consideration, making the environment very positive and rewarding to work on. Management really incorporates a hard- working, positive, and truthful ethic. The culture is instilled into all employees with care.

The hardest part of my job is consistently staying on top of maintaining, selling, and communication through all roles in the store on a busy day. Weather effects our sales greatly, since we are a boutique styled store, this makes sales a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help a client find the right pair of jeans or dress for a meaningful and monumental moment in their life. The pictures that they take on those days are forever remembered and kept, with the outfit you've chosen.
Cons
Long Hours
hard to balance work and life
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  torontoMay 6, 2015
a lot of work gets thrown at you at once. Everything feels to be all over the place.
Sometimes it's difficult to work there because you're in a place full of women and with that I think in order for a place to work we must need a balance of males and females.
I've at least learnt how to multitask and communicate with other people. however, the hardest part of the job is trying to get your to-do's done.
Pros
good pay
Cons
only 30 mins break
Fun and interactive Workplace with great people
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  VaughanMay 1, 2015
A typical day a work included me coordinating with my supervisor for what products and what my quota for the day should be. I learned how to process clothing as well as proper procudure in handling different types of merchandise and ow they would be presented on the floor. My management was great, always will to lend a helping hand or to assist me with anything that I had a problem with and could not solve myself. My co workers were also very professional at the same time were very enjoyable to work with. the hardest part was the unpredictable hours, which were to be expected as a seasonal hire. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that made the work environment very welcoming, and a pleasure to work.
team orientated and great atmosphere
shipper/ receiver (Current Employee) –  thornhillApril 15, 2015
i receive merchandise(unpack, tag, and prepare for sales floor as per Aritzia standards.
i have learned to work and manage a team to process shipment accurately, speed, and efficiently. learned to communicate well with management and also take the leadership to train other shipper/ receiver.
difficult parts of the job is having more than 1000 units in a day.
the most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great group of people.
This is an amazing company to work for. Some of the best work experiences I have ever had.
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Aritzia is an amazing company to work for, they really promote professional growth. They also embrace creativity and individuality.
Friendly and stylish workplace
SO CLEANER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2015
a typical day at work consists in kitchens and washrooms cleaning, inventory management and supplies requisitions, and janitorial room organization.
Pros
good benefits and salary, free beverages
Cons
too much work for a single person
Best retail job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Aritzia. Many people don't like it because of the sales quota that needs to be maintained, but I personally enjoyed that because it challenged me to actually learn about the products and sell the right clothes to the right people.