Arise Virtual Solutions

Arise Virtual Solutions Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great atmosphere
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 10, 2013
The company was great but they had to downsize and therefor laid me off.
Work from home
Client Service Professional (Former Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: unreliable
A typical day was wake up turn on your computer, sign in to the Rogers Network. Take phone calls in regards to customer inquiries regarding rogers wireless products. The hardest part of the job was the required homework to keep your service agreement active. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home.
Third World Wages
CSP for Rogers (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJune 16, 2012
Cons: third world wages!
Do not believe the hype that Arise and their IBO's promote. The reality is that Arise is only concerned about themselves and pushing sales, but does nothing to keep employees happy; which is why you will continuously see them hiring.

For starters, the training is unpaid and doesn't even begin to cover what is needed to service customers in an efficient – more... manner. You WILL definitely struggle and look like an idiot as the training is not nearly enough to prepare you to be taking live calls. Because of your lack of knowledge the customers become frustrated and angry with you for being incompentent. So be prepared to be yelled at!

Furthermore, you are required to work your agreed upon commitment of hours; however, the hours are rarely available when you would like them, yet if Arise needs someone to work odd hours, they will pressure you to meet your obligation even if it doesnt suit your lifestyle. Expect phone calls as early as 6:00am to ask you to work....if they need you.

Lastly, expect to make third world wages. Their system will crash on you and you will have to keep logging on, which takes 15 minutes and guess what....you do not get paid even though the technically issues is their fault. I spent hours trying to log on to their system; which was not working because of new system changes. I honestly worked 27 hours but only got paid for 7 hours because they don't count the technical time!

In addition, while servicing a client their chat support people will leave you stranded in the middle of helping you if their shift is over; leaving you to start all over again with a new person. Believe it or not, I had 4 chat people leave while a customer was waiting the entire time.

It seems like the perfect job but the fact that my class started with 24 people, only 14 people completed the training and 2 people were actively servicing 2 months after starting says it all! – less
Virtual Service
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: you are on your own time, work from home, set your own schedule, great for college student, and part time extra income
Cons: no advancement, way to many job functions, hard to speak to managers, you are your own manager, metrics are kind of unfair, the people who judge your calls don't know you personally
Arise Virtual Services is a great company to work for if you are a person who is self motivated and can work under a fast paced learning environment. The job functions require you to do much more from home then you would have to do in store for the same amount of money. At $8.00 an hour you would be performing managerial functions and having to deal – more... with so many different variables and questions from customers and metrics. Overall the system works for people who love to be at home and get paid and don't require or expect any advancement. – less
Work from home with an ease
Sales Chat Support (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJune 2, 2014
Pros: make your own hours, work from home
Cons: no paid vacations nor insurance benefits. have to file 1099
It was very easy to work from home for different companies such as AT&T, Sprint, Turbotax, Comcast, Carnival and Disney Cruise lines. That's just to name a few. You are your own management. You select your own hours. There isn't any paid vacations nor any insurance benefits. You will also have to file a 1099 for every year instead of a w-2. If you put – more... in enough hours, you can make amazing revenue with some companies. Others you won't make as much. – less
work at home job
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: low pay
Typical day at work requires following scripting and procedures very closely without deviation, that's the hardest part.

The staff is proficient and the hours are very flexible.
Flexibility
Customer Service Representative/IBO (Current Employee), Miramar, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: no benefits
Working for Arise allows you to work a schedule that fits your lifestyle with this type of flexibility you are able to choose when you work on Arise projects – weekends, evenings, mornings – and schedule your work around your life. You no longer have to worry about how to balance your life and your work.
I loved working with Arise
Telephone Customer Service (Former Employee), Miramar, FLMay 19, 2014
Great team of peole to work with, I enjoyed speaking and interacting with customers. I learned how to service phones and the company prepares you to give top rated customer service with online lessons. This is truly an ideal job.
Loved the environment, training and opportunities they had.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: great opportunities, pay was good too
Cons: bad ibo's and they wont interfere with anything between a csp and a ibo.
I have had no complaints with Arise and would love to continue servicing with them but the last contract I completed with them the IBO I was under didnt pay me for anytime serviced but for one paycheck. I have 5 owed paychecks that I have yet to get and for this reason I have to move forward with my job and skills.
Don't touch this with a 10-foot pole!
CSP (Former Employee), Miramar, FLApril 27, 2014
Pros: the usb/cd kit is pretty.
Cons: the company is a scam.
I put in my efforts at working as a CSP (Certified Service Professional), first for a cruise line and then giving it another try with the most current let-down (yes, fool me once, fool me twice, I know!) a communications company. The training for the cruise line was good in that the instructor was engaging and humorous and sounded professional. The – more... problem at that time was the number of Arises's system corrupts that led me often to sit in the tech' support queue for hours before my issue was addressed. The fact that the trainee's were required to log into about 8 portals minimum and it was almost guaranteed that 2 or 3 would freeze or corrupt I thought, might be MY system. I also learned that the 1/2 hour slots you had to choose from were few and far between as far as times I could work due to other obligations- and so I could not make the 15 hours I signed my contract for in the end.

I decided to give it one more try with my current choice for an "opportunity" and I am encountering the same thing as far as logging into the "secure desktop" and the sound corrupting. Outside the USB/CD disc environment, my sound works perfectly. I wanted this to work because I am disabled and finding work conventionally is difficult, but the time spent in queue, again, for tech' support, and the inane set of questions and unwillingness to consider anything other than I have the wrong headset (I've purchased about 4 since beginning with this company) or I just need to reboot, is ridiculous and exasperating. I asked for another USB/disc kit and was told that if I can boot in at all, they are unwilling to consider it's their software and closed out my session immediately.

I am done with this company. In fact today, I looked up "Arise Virtual Solutions Problems" and the findings of other's experiences do not surprise me. They mirror what I've written here.

Beware. – less
Productive and a good way to gain experience in various industries.
Part-time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Home Base VirtualApril 14, 2014
The home base virtual company provides many opportunities such as starting a business.
Arise Virtual Solutions
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Home basedApril 10, 2014
Pros: too many to count!
Cons: working at home can be isolating at times
I have learned more about customer service and marketing while working in this role than all of my previous jobs combined. Arise provides a great opportunity to individuals to make a living working from home but also teaches how to start and run a home based business. I love the clients that I have serviced while working with Arise. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is that I have met many like-minded people with similar goals that I have learned from. This real world education has been priceless and I'm very glad that I took the opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone. Arise staff is second to none and they are there to help every step of the way. – less
Great for Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miramar, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: work own schedule
Cons: loneliness of not having social activities
Being able to work independently. I have learned to be disciplined in my work ethics. Love to work with a diverse stream of clients.
VERY Fast Paced Work Atmosphere
Network Operations Engineer (Current Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: team-oriented, fast paced, great self learning environment
Cons: compensation
A general work day consists of working with numerous break fix requests, KTLO= Keep the lights on activities, developing new things to provide your department value, among other activities

Management is great, they mentored myself to be a truly better NOC engineer

Co-workers truly emphasize on team oriented tasks and projects

The most enjoyable part – more... of my job would be the management and co-workers – less
very productive
STRATEGIC PLANNING ANALYST/TRANSFORMATION OFFICE (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2014
An absolute great place to work An absolute great place to work!An absolute great place to work!
Chat and phone sales and customer service
Virtual Assistant (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 18, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Able to choose own hours and clients to work for.
Set your own hours, work at your own pace, gain experience
Independent Client Service Professional - Remote (Current Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoy working for Arise Virtual Solutions because I am able to set my own hours and work at my own pace. I choose who I want to work for instead of a company choosing me. There is opportunity for growth and development.
An ok place to work
Admissions Support Specialist (Former Employee), Miramar FlJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working within a team at the company’s corporate site, working from home two days per week: My role included:
• Dealing with customers’ enquiries.
• Listening to, and resolving, the customers’ complaint. Escalating if necessary.
• Making follow-up and courtesy calls where necessary.
• Receiving and Dealing with Prospective candidates emails
• Making – more... outbound calls relating to enquires from Customers emails/Chat
• Conducting chats – less
Arise Virtual Solutions Review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: work at home, lots of hours available to work, make your own schedule, no taxes deducted from pay, self employed
Cons: no health insurance
Arise Jobs Are The BEST....I LOVE Working for ARISE!
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Work At Home – January 20, 2014
Pros: Work At Home, Lots of hours available to work, make your own schedule, no taxes deducted fron pay, you are your own boss-self employed
Cons: Must pay for your own health insurance
A typical workday consist of waking – more... up to get my daughter ready for school, taking an hour to enjoy some coffee and watch the news until its time for my shift to begin. I work a couple of hours and take a 30 minute break, then work a few more hours before taking an extended break for housework and to start dinner, then work a few more hours before my daughter gets home from school. I work whenever I want. I earn $15/hour and at least $500/week (tax free). There is NO Better Job! There are LOTS of people who say that they Do Not receive the Support that they need to succeed with Arise, but that all depends on the IBO (Independent Business Owner) that you choose to sub-contract under.

The IBO that I sub-contract with is CSR Virtual Staffing and they are AWESOME! I get the support I need that has enabled me to go from earning $10 to $15 in just 6 months. I was promoted to Team Leader after just 3 months with the company so now I also help other CSPs get started. I have not had ANY issues whatsoever with receiving the support and information that I need both in training and while servicing clients.

I would recommend Arise to ANYONE who is serious about working from home and finding stable Part-Time & Full-Time work. – less
loved it but...
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), TexasDecember 26, 2013
Pros: worked at home
Cons: short breaks...laid off in the middle of my shift
I loved it!!! until me and about 80 others agents were laid off in the middle of our shift

1 2 3