Arise Virtual Solutions

Arise Virtual Solutions Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great atmosphere
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 10, 2013
The company was great but they had to downsize and therefor laid me off.
Third World Wages
CSP for Rogers (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJune 16, 2012
Cons: third world wages!
Do not believe the hype that Arise and their IBO's promote. The reality is that Arise is only concerned about themselves and pushing sales, but does nothing to keep employees happy; which is why you will continuously see them hiring.

For starters, the training is unpaid and doesn't even begin to cover what is needed to service customers in an efficient – more... manner. You WILL definitely struggle and look like an idiot as the training is not nearly enough to prepare you to be taking live calls. Because of your lack of knowledge the customers become frustrated and angry with you for being incompentent. So be prepared to be yelled at!

Furthermore, you are required to work your agreed upon commitment of hours; however, the hours are rarely available when you would like them, yet if Arise needs someone to work odd hours, they will pressure you to meet your obligation even if it doesnt suit your lifestyle. Expect phone calls as early as 6:00am to ask you to work....if they need you.

Lastly, expect to make third world wages. Their system will crash on you and you will have to keep logging on, which takes 15 minutes and guess what....you do not get paid even though the technically issues is their fault. I spent hours trying to log on to their system; which was not working because of new system changes. I honestly worked 27 hours but only got paid for 7 hours because they don't count the technical time!

In addition, while servicing a client their chat support people will leave you stranded in the middle of helping you if their shift is over; leaving you to start all over again with a new person. Believe it or not, I had 4 chat people leave while a customer was waiting the entire time.

It seems like the perfect job but the fact that my class started with 24 people, only 14 people completed the training and 2 people were actively servicing 2 months after starting says it all! – less
Arise Virtual Solutions
Independent Contractor Customer Service (Current Employee), Miramar, FLDecember 18, 2014
Great place to work for you can make your own schedule makes it easy to balance family and work life.
great freedom
Quality Performance Facilitator Intuit Client (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2014
great company for small business owner. It allows flexible. Pay scale isn't the best but after factoring in no commute it is a good opportunity for someone to make money from home and make a decent pay. Working hard is necessary.
overall decent place to work
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Fl,FlNovember 20, 2014
Work from home. Flexible work schedule. Long training. Decent pay.
Fast Pace and Fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Miramar, FLNovember 4, 2014
A fast pace environment, once you are logged in to work your day just keep moving. This keep me enthusiastic and motivated as mys days are never the same. I enjoy my days on the job as i get to interact with different people.
I worked from home
Customer service for Sears and Kmart (Former Employee), Merrimar, Florida/ I worked from homeNovember 2, 2014
Pros: i worked from home so there were no perks.
Cons: i was a 1099 contract employee
I worked as a customer service representative for Sears and Kmart.
easy work from home job
Customer Service/ reservations for Disney Dining (Current Employee), anywhere, gaOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pays on time, make own schedule
Cons: no paid training
easy work from home job, always pay on time make your own work schedule
excellent customer service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), miamiOctober 16, 2014
amazing place great environment excellent customer service
At home call center
Independent Contractor for the following (Current Employee), Miramar, FLOctober 14, 2014
Took incoming calls for different corp companies.
Customer service and order taking.
At home, love it.
Own boss, own business. I set my hours.
ewww I hate it I have nothing further to say
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Miramar, FLOctober 5, 2014
ewww I hate it I have nothing further to say

no more to say

do not work here
admin asst
customer service professional (Current Employee), remoteSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: remote
Cons: no face to face
• Over seven years of experience in providing courteous and professional communication and customer service
• Ability to gather information, empathize, and problem solve with clients
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Strong administrative skill set, such as data entry, filing, organizing, creating databases and inventories
 – more... Over 55 WPM with strong data entry skills
• Proficient in numerous computer programs, and excels in providing technical support.
• Knowledgeable in: Macintosh and PC desktops, laptop computers, tablets, mobile phones; Windows, Microsoft Office (Works, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Outlook), Lotus Notes; Web Design – less
Bittersweet Job Opportunity
AT&T Mobility Customer Care (Billing) (Current Employee), Home BasedSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, work from home, supplementary income, save on transportation.
Cons: micromanaging, difficulty meeting call metrics, very small pay rate, no paid vacations or time off, no benefits.
So heres how it goes:

Arise is an outsourcing company for other big businesses, such as Comcast, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile.

They hire and mediate between you and these companies to work for them. Dirt cheap and no benefits. Since you'll be "self-employed" no taxes will be taken out but you will end up owing IRS at the end of the year. So save some money – more... out of each check.

To start working with Arise:

You either know someone who is an IBO and you work under them which will make you a CSP, or you pay to start your own LLC in your state and become an IBO. You pay for a Background check, and an Assessment test. Once approved by your IBO ( or yourself if you decide to be your own IBO) you get to choose which client you would like to work for.

You take some Pre-training class assessments to prepare for the class. Now depending on the client you choose, training may be unpaid or partially paid. But YOU have to pay to enter the training class. Sometimes the IBO may waive the cost of the training class for you and take it out of your first invoice, or Arise will run a "sale" on the cost of the training class. You also have to purchase your phone and headset. Again. Some IBO's waive that or provide a voucher.

Now you get into a the class and youre in a virtual classroom with anywhere from 10-30 other people. Listening to ONE person speak and share their screens and slide shows. Throughout the course of the training you will be tested and assessed so that you can pass certification to actually get on the phones and start working.

Once you start actually taking calls, you set your schedule but you the schedules are released based on priority. So the people who maintain the best numbers get to set their schedules first. ( good luck on getting morning hours.) Then it goes in order until basically people with the worst hours get the leftovers. For the min. req to be 20 hours per week, you can find yourself working 7 days a week because of the scarce availability of hours you'd like. Also weekend hours are req.

Retrieving help while on the calls can be so greatly frustrating.

So in a nutshell, your experience with Arise will be as good or bad as your IBO, your trainers, the client ( company) you choose to work under, and the quality assurance/supervisors you work under.

I work with ATT and the pay is literally cents per minute, if I dont meet the metrics I get base pay. My IBO takes a GOOD portion out of my invoice because she has to pay Arise and herself. I would love to give Arise one more shot under another company, but Im not confident the experience will be greatly different because this is an outsourcing company. Youre not meant to retentive the same benefits and pay as people that actually work for these companies.

So here I am on INDEED looking for another job. – less
Not dependable form of income
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), onlineAugust 6, 2014
Pay varies based on performance. Posting hours is very competitive.
At home business
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee), homeJuly 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working from home. I got to set my own hours and work at my own pace.
Once a CSP and now an IBO
IBO (Current Employee), Jacksonville, North CarolinaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexibility, training, being able to be an ibo
Cons: not enough support for ibo's, no incentives, no benefits, does way to much recruiting for new, and it makes it harder for ibos to grow.
I love the flexibility and how the trainings are done. I love that I can build to increase my income. What I do not like is that there are not many benefits, incentives, or real support for us IBO's. I feel like they are always recruiting so much that it doesn't give you a chance to grow. I have several CSPs having trouble with the system, and I can – more... not even get the proper assistance to keep my business a float. Arise is a great company I was a CSP with them before for a brief time. I also do not like that the training is not paid for so long. This also makes it even harder on us IBO's when bringing on CSP's. Something needs to improve to support the IBOs, and give us more support. I want to set my CSPs up for success along with my business. And I feel that what Arise is lacking in the areas where we have to depend on them... It ruins our brand as IBOs and makes things harder for us. If we succeed than it is better for Arise. So i feel they should put more effort into supporting us IBOs. It is to hard to get a hold of technical support, or get a minor issue resolved. That is something that makes it harder on me as a business. This formula needs to be improved. – less
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Locust Grove, GAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: being able to pick your own hours
Cons: working from home
Even do I work from home so I don't see my co-works each day is exciting. I look forward for the phone calls. A typical day at work for me is exciting, funny, and learning. Each day it's always someone new from all different cities and states you never know what you going to hear or get out of the phone calls, for me it's always a laugh or learning – more... something new. Working from home would be the hardest part of my job. Even do i love what i do and at the time I started it was the best option for me so when I'm getting calls all day that makes my job a lot easier. Even tho I turn down a manager position I still take on management from time to time. I love my experience because it gave me more responsibilities and tasks and I have outstanding communication and people skills that I love to share with other to help improve their job performance. I would say I learn a lot since working for Arise company. I improve on my salesman skills, communication skills, and help me with the experience in management such as leadership. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is helping people being able to help people with their problems being able to brighten their day. – less
Virtual Service
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: you are on your own time, work from home, set your own schedule, great for college student, and part time extra income
Cons: no advancement, way to many job functions, hard to speak to managers, you are your own manager, metrics are kind of unfair, the people who judge your calls don't know you personally
Arise Virtual Services is a great company to work for if you are a person who is self motivated and can work under a fast paced learning environment. The job functions require you to do much more from home then you would have to do in store for the same amount of money. At $8.00 an hour you would be performing managerial functions and having to deal – more... with so many different variables and questions from customers and metrics. Overall the system works for people who love to be at home and get paid and don't require or expect any advancement. – less
Work from home with an ease
Sales Chat Support (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJune 2, 2014
Pros: make your own hours, work from home
Cons: no paid vacations nor insurance benefits. have to file 1099
It was very easy to work from home for different companies such as AT&T, Sprint, Turbotax, Comcast, Carnival and Disney Cruise lines. That's just to name a few. You are your own management. You select your own hours. There isn't any paid vacations nor any insurance benefits. You will also have to file a 1099 for every year instead of a w-2. If you put – more... in enough hours, you can make amazing revenue with some companies. Others you won't make as much. – less
work at home job
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: low pay
Typical day at work requires following scripting and procedures very closely without deviation, that's the hardest part.

The staff is proficient and the hours are very flexible.

1 2 3 4