• Configured, Managed and Monitored top tier and middle tier storage that comprised of Symmetrix DMX 3, 2000/1000, CLARiiON CX3-20/600/700, McDATA ED140M/ ED64M2 using ECC, Cisco CLI, Fabric/Device manager and Connectrix manager.
• Implemented DR setup between the DMX 3 using SRDF and in the process formed RA groups, device groups, added devices to device groups, created pairs of source & target devices and tested for applications.
• Configured and tested for disaster recovery and maintained DR setup between DMX 3 for selected Tier 1 applications.
• Created and activated Clones for the standard devices to have point in time copy of production data and allocated the clones to backup host.
• Configured Event Monitor, created templates and applied them to monitor and notify the events occurring at regular intervals in the CLARiiON through email/SNMP.
• Improved the efficiency of capacity utilization in CLARiiON/Symmetrix by decommissioning unused LUNs/devices and increased the allocated storage by creating Meta LUNs/devices.
• Installed Veritas volume manager and implemented host based migration using VERITAS disk mirroring, created disk group, added disks to disk group, created multiple volumes on disks and mounted file systems on volumes.
• Configured and managed Cisco/McDATA switches, created zones with new members and added zones to active Zonesets using Fabric/Device manager & Connectrix manager.
• Day to Day activities included mapping, masking in Symmetrix/DMX using SymCLI, zoning using Fabric/device manager and allocating storage to AIX, Solaris, HP-UX – more... & Windows hosts. – less