Argo International Corporation, a global leader in the distribution of electrical and mechanical components for the industrial marketplace, is seeking an accomplished Outside Sales Engineer with a strong technical background and applications understanding of electrical systems that involve motors, drives, encoders, controls and other electrical components.
As an Outside Sales Engineer, you will use your enthusiastic, assertive personality and proven time management and people skills to achieve targeted business objectives. You will be responsible for generating a high volume of opportunities to targeted companies within your territory. Once identified, you will be responsible for progressing these opportunities through the sales cycle, resulting in the closure of orders for both renewal and new business.
- Achieve bookings, revenue and GP targets for assigned accounts in territory.
- Ensure all requests for quotes are completed on time and in accordance with Argo policies.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Manager to ensure data capture and effective time management to achieve individual and branch objectives.
- Meet targeted number of prospects contacted on a specified basis.
- Meet targeted number of new customers on a specified basis.
- Ensure that all requests for quotes are properly qualified to:
Present key selling points, features and benefits, while remaining focused on the prospect’s needs.
Identify projects, timelines, business benefits, technical fit, key contacts and budgets.
Implement the correct product and pricing strategies, resulting in closed orders with optimized costing and maximum GP.
- Ensure that all requests for quotes are properly followed up on, providing pricing and other market feedback.
- Effectively engage Argo inside sales team to provide quality technical support on all customer technical inquiries.
- Participate in product training programs.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure overall supplier satisfaction, conduct joint customer sales activities with suppliers and achieve suppliers’ business plans.
- Strategic recommendation of inventory to achieve target financial objectives.
- 3-5 years of technical sales experience.
- Understanding of all phases of the sales cycle.
- Ability to effectively overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Persistence, discipline to conduct sales cold calls, ability to overcome obstacles, and desire to achieve assigned goals.
- Ability to manage a large pipeline of activities and to work multiple opportunities in parallel.
- Ability to accurately forecast revenue and timeframe of purchase.
- Must have worked within the Province of Alberta for the past 3-5 years, selling directly into the local industrial customer base.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years selling experience into industrial markets, specifically into one of the following verticals: oil upstream (drilling, well production, SAGD & thermal facilities) and downstream plants, natural gas, midstream and refining, power generation and mining.
- Selling into end users in metals, pulp & paper and chemical sectors would be an asset.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering preferred.
This is a great opportunity to join a global company. Argo International Corporation offers a competitive compensation with outstanding commission potential, as well as a comprehensive benefits package