Outside Sales Engineer (Electrical), Ontario
Argo International Corporation, a global leader in the distribution of electrical and mechanical components for the industrial marketplace, is seeking an accomplished Outside Sales Engineer with a strong technical background and applications understanding of electrical systems that involve motors, drives, encoders, controls and other electrical components. Candidates must have worked within the Province of Ontario for the past 3-5 years, selling directly into the local industrial account base. Candidates must have a minimum of 3-5 years selling experience into industrial markets, specifically into one of the following verticals: paper, refineries, power plants, food and beverage, industrial manufacturing, utilities, or water treatment.
As an Outside Sales Engineer, you will use your enthusiastic, assertive personality and proven time management and people skills to achieve targeted business objectives. You will be responsible for generating a high volume of opportunities to targeted companies within your territory. Once identified, you will be responsible for progressing these opportunities through the sales cycle, resulting in the closure of orders for both renewal and new business.
- Achieve bookings, revenue and GP targets for assigned accounts in territory.
- Ensure all requests for quotes are completed on time and in accordance with Argo policies.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Manager to ensure data capture and effective time management to achieve individual and branch objectives.
- Meet targeted number of prospects and ensure they are contacted on a specified basis.
- Meet targeted number of new customers on a specified basis.
- Ensure that all requests for quotes are properly qualified to:
Present key selling points, features and benefits, while remaining focused on the prospect’s needs.
Identify projects, timelines, business benefits, technical fit, key contacts and budgets.
Implement the correct product and pricing strategies, resulting in closed orders with optimized costing and maximum GP.
- Ensure that all requests for quotes are properly followed up on, providing pricing and other market feedback.
- Provide quality technical support on all customer technical inquiries.
- Participate in product training programs.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure overall supplier satisfaction and achievement of supplier business plans.
- Strategic recommendation of inventory to achieve target financial objectives.
- 3-5 years of technical sales experience.
- Education or experience in the electrical field.
- Understanding of all phases of the sales cycle.
- Ability to effectively overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Persistence, ability to overcome obstacles, and desire to achieve assigned goals.
- Ability to manage a large pipeline of activities and to work multiple opportunities in parallel.
- Ability to accurately forecast revenue and timeframe of purchase.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
This is an opportunity to join an International company. Argo International offers a competitive salary and commission program, as well as an attractive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, RRSP with company match, and a Flexible Spending Account. We provide a dynamic work environment with a diverse team of highly talented employees.
Visit our website at http://www.argointl.com.