AREVA

AREVA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working in a competitive environment
Automation Engineer (Former Employee), Noida, UPJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: short breakes
Being in this organization, I have learned a lot about various communication protocols & sub-station technologies and stepped towards an expert from an engineering graduate.
The hardest part of the job was the site management during commissioning activities.
Overall a very difficult place to work
Mechanical System Leader (Former Employee), Olkiluoto, FinlandOctober 31, 2012
Pros: variety of job opportunities
Cons: no raises
AREVA overall is undergoing a lot of political changes and for this reason it is a very disorganized company.
Nut House.
In charge of feeding the patients. (Former Employee), Meriden, CTOctober 26, 2012
Pros: roof only leaks when it rains.
Cons: everything else... minus the roof.
This place is a "Nut House" a "Looney Bin"... you've been warned.
24/7 attending customer complaint
service engineer (Former Employee), ICON TECHNOLOGIES ( AREVA, bangalore,karnataka)October 26, 2012
sales and servicing for medium voltage switchgear product AREVA (GEC ALSTOM) entire karnataka

Role : servicing of 11kv to 33kv vcb and retrofitting of exsisting breaker. and sales and errection and commisioning.
sourcing
sourcing assistant (Former Employee), hosur, tamil naduOctober 12, 2012
have cultural values,cooperation among all level management.I learned about po creation. I learned how to behave with co- workers.
Very Good place to be and learn
Technical Editor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: very flexible
Cons: lose track of time very quickly here
I learned a lot, I respect what nuclear engineers do and was so very glad to be a part of all their efforts to keep us safe. Very smart group of people, I would love an opportunity to work with them again.
Work on construction site
Methods & Project Engineer (Current Employee), Olkiluoto, F18September 11, 2012
Pros: learning experience of an epr construction
Cons: no breaks
Very demanding and challenging. A day at work is full of surprises, start by document review and end up ordering many new material. Nevertheless is fun and very dynamic.
ok place to work
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee), Richland, WASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: great pay and benefits.....
Cons: no furthering education or training
Days are productive but not fulfilling. Managment could use a shake up....too many yes men....hardest part of the day is dealing with the red tape....
good place to work
Manufacturing Tech II (Former Employee), mount athos roadMay 5, 2012
Over all this company is very good to work for learned a whole lot got a chance to inprove.
Good benefits
Machinist 3 (Former Employee), LynchburgMay 2, 2012
Pros: bonus yearly
Cons: upper management look down on you
Laid off from Areva 10/31/11 said there employees affected by the lay off would have first pick of internal jobs. I have applied to 2 jobs at Areva and have not been contacted. Worked in the machine shop for 10 yrs. and feel slighted to not be considered for another job there.
Fun and challenging work place
Metrology/Tooling Engineer (Current Employee), Richland, WAApril 13, 2012
Pros: very good management team
Cons: slow to process changes
This company cares for its employees safety and welfare. The attention to detail is second to none. They have a very good group of both professionals and operations technicians working at the facility.
WHO YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU KNOW COMPANY
GENERAL CLERK (Former Employee), AIKEN SCMarch 31, 2012
I HAVE APPLIED WITH THIS COMPANY SEVERAL TIMES ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS FOR A POSITION THAT I ALREADY HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THEY HAVE SENT ME THE SAME EMAIL SAYING THEY WERE UNABLE TO HELP ME, THEN I FIND OUT SOMEONE WHO HAD NO EXPERIENCE IN RECORDS GOT THE JOB. KUDOS TO THEM THIS COMPANY HIRES BY A BASED ON WHO YOU KNOW NOW WHAT YOU KNOW.

Jerryw – May 2, 2012

You are so right, its who you know not what you know at Areva

I enjoyed working in this multinational company where I met people from different culture which enriched my exprerience as well.
Site Engineer (Former Employee), FranceJanuary 13, 2012
AREVA T & D is one of the leading multination companies in power sector. In Bangladesh they got a project on SCADA system for power system and transmission. I am lucky because visited all most all power stations and grid sub-stations of Bangladesh and gained a tremendous experience.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Administrative support-temporary (Former Employee), Richland, WASeptember 26, 2011
Pros: great management hr deparment awesome
Cons: unfortunately temporary position laid off
I enjoyed working in the human resources department and helping out the staff as much as I could. I wish of course I could return in the future if possible as I enjoyed working with the staff there and loved the working environment.

Thank you.
Ambiance de travail agreable
Docteur en Génie des Matériaux et Mécanique (Current Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGApril 15, 2014
Plus de rigueur au travail,
Horaires flexibles,
Plus d’opportunités de developpement
Environnement de travail agréable
Apprentissage Analyst Sourcing & Localization (Former Employee), La Défense, A8March 25, 2014
bonne formation en apprentissage
aucune opportunité après l'apprentissage
Bon environnement de travail
Responsable des Ressources Humaines Opérationnel (Current Employee), Cherbourg-Octeville, 99March 25, 2014
Travail très intéressant et motivant intellectuellement.
AMBIENTE DE TRABAJO EXCELENTE, JEFES INMEDIATOS ACCESIBLES E INSTALACIONES ADECUADAS ASI COMO CAPACITACION CONSTANTE
TECNICO EN SERVICIO A SUBS ELECTRICAS (Former Employee), Tizayuca, HIDMarch 13, 2014
Pros: buen salario, vales de despensa, capacitacion
Cons: no teniamos seguro para gastos medicos mayores
EMPRESA MUY COMPETENTE Y CON PERSONAL ESPECIALIZADO EN EL RAMO DE LA CONSTRUCCION Y ELECTRICO, LA INGENIERIA CONSIDERA QUE ERA MUY BUENA CON LOGISTICA COMPETENTE Y UN BUEN DEPARTAMENTO DE CONTROL DE CALIDAD, LA PARTE MAS DIFICIL DEL TRABAJO ERA TRABAJAR CONTRA RELOJ, Y COMO ERA A BASE DE LICITACIONES CON EL GOBIERNO FEDERAL, TENIA UNO QUE TENER BUENA – more... LOGISTICA PARA NO FALLAR EN LOS TIEMPOS DE ENTREGA, LO QUE MAS ME GUSTO DEL TRABAJO FUE EL DESAFIO DE EN CADA VISITA A UNA SUBESTACION NO SABIAS A LO QUE TE HIBAS A ENFRENTAR COMO DESAFIOS, PODIAS DURAR DOS DIAS O CUATRO AJUSTANDO ALGUNA CUCHILLA. – less
Empresa agradável de trabalhar
Interprete de Alemão (Former Employee), Angra dos Reis, RJMarch 12, 2014
Pros: oferecia subsídios ao funcionário
Cons: horario
Muito trabalho, mas sempre muito agradável. com muitas tarefas.
environnement de travail agréable
opérateur monteur (Former Employee), jeumontMarch 6, 2014
Pros: autonomie
Cons: manque de communication entre le personnel
bonne experience sur ce site où un travail rigoureux et suivi est demandé

About AREVA

The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental – Read more

AREVA Photos