Middleware Specialist, Level 3 23122013A-IN
Industry: Government, Computer software
Title: Middleware Specialist, Level 3
Our client has replaced a legacy technology with Commercial-Off–The-Shelf (COTS) software case management (WebSphere) and financial software (Oracle eBS) with Websphere Process Server as the middleware. They have completed a transition plan, which included product training, assignment of resources and job shadowing The approach has facilitated expertise in a number of staff, however the solution is complex and involves the integration of several different software products.
- Complete modifications; assess impact on service delivery/resources/ business and costs/savings. Identify opportunities and implement solutions to maximize technology to enhance efficiency of business practices. Prepare and present technical proposals and management reports
- Maintain and enhance customized applications and systems solutions developed on IBMWebsphereProcess Server (WPS) and WebSphere-Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) to meet the information needs
- Provide Websphere Process Server expertise; work with other developers and analysts in all phases of the system development life cycle including: analyzing Business and User Requirements; generating technical specifications for the design, programming/coding/configuration of related software
- Review all batch processing and then design improvements in error handling and reporting from the batch including automated resubmission of failed jobs, improved error reporting with automatic ticket generation, and direct notification to operational/support personnel
- Develop Interfaces allowing for retrieval, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) conversion, and content search of documents stored in corporate Document Management System.
- Provide Tier 3 support to Operations
- Review and update documents and work plans related to WebSphere changes and communicate to affected groups and individuals.
- Work with Test Leads to define test strategies and review System Test plans for Oracle WebSphere, WebSphere Web Portal, BI Publisher Letters and Reports and other related components.
- Prepare documentation including detailed Technical Design documents required for Knowledge Transfer including the development and delivery of Knowledge Transfer sessions for any defect fixes and enhancements completed.
- Provide progress and status reports on a bi-weekly and monthly basis ensuring that risk/issues are identified with proposed resolutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL, preferably PL/SQL.
- Knowledge and understanding of Java.
- Understanding of ITIL processes for incident, problem and change management.
- WebSphere Process Server configuration, management and monitoring in a Clustered Environment
- Business Process Execution Language (BPEL)
- Enterprise Service Bus Mediation
- IBM WebSphere Adapter for Siebel Business Applications
- IBM WebSphere Adapter for Oracle e-Business Suite
- Enterprise Records and Document Management System (ERDMS)
- Bash (AIX); Web Services; XPath
- Demonstrable experience with integration of Siebel CRM as part of a larger case management, customer relationship management or other business application.
- Experience with, Oracle eBS, Oracle Policy Automation and Websphere Process Server and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus similar tools. Is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to: participate in design discussions, convey complex concepts to less experienced staff, produce technical design documents and understand system requirements to support a complex business environment.
Contract or Permanent:
Contract, 2 Months, Full Time
Years of Experience:
10+ years enterprise application development and implementations. 10+ years maintaining and enhancing customized applications and systems solutions (IBM WebsphereProcess Server (WPS) and WebSphere-BPEL)
Mention the name of THIS site
Mention the Job ID# 23122013A-IN
Visit us at http://www.aresstaffing.com
Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/aresstaffing
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/aresstaffing.com
Join us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/ares-staffing