ARDEX Americas Employee Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding. Top Products!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Field7 November 2017
Ardex Americas is a great company to work for with great people working for it. You can't go wrong by manufacturing, selling, and servicing the very best and most innovative products in the world. Ardex provides a positive culture for its people, products and customer service. A career with Ardex Americas will keep you challenged and rewarded while having opportunities for development and advancement. Its really up to you! The people here believe in their products and their capability to really help its customers.

Sure there are items that someone can pick on, people do not fit, you aren't in your ideal position you wanted, maybe some processes are slow and different in other companies that are slightly better. There will always be pros and cons no matter what. The people drive the culture and you have to want to be the difference that helps drive it rather than just pick it apart. The point is Ardex is a solid company, built on a solid foundation, that will always be there for its employees and customers.

If you are looking for something that is easy, dull, not challenging, not rewarding, and you do not want to be held to a higher standard and don't care about what you do, This job is not for you.
Pros
Lots to be greatful for
Cons
Little to complain about
Solid Company, Focused on the Future, Employees Matter
Administration (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA1 November 2017
I've been with ARDEX Americas over five years. I wish I had landed here at the beginning of my career as I could be like so many others here and have 20, 30 or 40 years with the company -- that's how long people stay. ARDEX is one of those unique companies that is large enough to offer great pay and benefits, yet small enough to treat each employee as an individual. The company has made great strides in the past few years by offering PTO instead of vacation time vs. sick time, and allows employees the opportunity to work flexible hours - hours that best suit their families. Management holds employees accountable for the work they deliver, but are always available for advice, to mentor on a project or to listen to concerns. This is the first time in my career that I've thought, "I want to retire from this company." Highly recommended.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, flexible hours.
Cons
N/a
Great team to work with
Customer Support Specialist (Canada/International) (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA17 September 2017
Typical day at work was retrieving all international and domestic emails that had come in overnight and respond or perform the task associated with the email. Learned SAP while there. Direct Manager was very good. Hardest part of the job was feeling the need to perform tasks/answer emails on off-hours.
Pros
Nice company to work for
Cons
Lacked work/life balance
Hard Work is Rewarded - Funnest Job I Ever Had
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Midwest25 August 2017
I have worked for Ardex for several years now and I found the posting on the Indeed iPhone app.

I am very happy working at Ardex, I was meant to do this job!
I wouldn't say it is an easy job, it can be challenging. But I like a challenge!

Ardex really values practical, real-world, or building trades experience. If you work hard, take the time to learn about the products and the business you WILL be rewarded.

It is a very stable company will a lot of resources that will and has survived in a rapidly evolving world of construction and building trades. It is a global company, but it seems more like a local business down the street. I plan on retiring here!
Pros
Hard work is rewarded
Cons
You need to be patient. You can't be great at it over night.
Good People, Great Opportunities
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA24 August 2017
I've been with the company for nearly four years and have had an exceptional experience! I've been given multiple opportunities to move up, take on more responsibilities and yes, make more money! I've noticed that over the past few years the company has been very dedicated to making the workplace culture an industry elite. ARDEX is a global, family owned business that operates like a family owned business. The management team has always been very approachable and open to new ideas and suggestions. If you're willing to work hard and be a team player its a great place to work!
Pros
Growth Opportunities, People, Benefits
Hard working but loyal with a family feel
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA24 August 2017
I've been with ARDEX several years - and my experience is very good. If you work hard, you get to share your ideas, and put them into action. You can walk right into the President's office, and just have a conversation. People are friendly, and want to help you. If you're ideas driven, and want to be involved in project teams, take on board extra responsibility - it's there.

Just in the past few years, they've introduced flexible work time (which makes a ton of difference if you have to commute or have a family). And they're very loyal - to a fault sometimes, but they'll always try and find a way to a way to work with someone.

I'm in the corporate office, and have had the benefit of being able to attend on-site training sessions in advanced computer skills - in work time! And the company provided it.
Pros
Really good benefits, paid time off and flexible work hours
Horrible place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TX16 August 2017
This use to be a great company, great co workers and a great team until a year ago. Ardex decided to hire a demon for a plant manager! Since then 6 people have quit and some even without having jobs. If you want a child throwing tantrems then this is the place for you. If you want no opportunity and just a job take it, but if you looking for advancement and a good manager DO NOT APPLY!!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Difficult
Architectural Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 May 2017
Trying to achieve management's expectations without the usual tools needed as an arch rep and while working for someone who had never performed the job. Also found the comments previously posted about management to be consistent with my own experience . Would not recommend unless you were desparate and took as a gapstop measure.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA11 May 2017
Great internal training and mentoring programs in place. Outstanding brand recognition in the flooring industry and considered to be an innovator. Very well respected
Pros
Good benefits, great training, great growth opportunities
Cons
Stubborn, some managers frown on new ideas
Don't waste your time Management is horrible
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TX21 April 2017
If you need the job take it but keep looking . The plant manager is horrible and his boss is stationed in Pittsburgh and he is not much better . Worked there many years and for the most part it was not bad . Plant manger hired in this time last year and the place has gone down the drain
Pros
Benefits and holidays
Cons
Not a good place to work
Production (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA21 January 2017
The management is absolutely terrible, they gossip about all the employees. There is no communication between shift leaders and regular employees. You have to train yourself because they sure don't. And if you want a promotion it has nothing to do with how hard you work. Its all about kissing up to certain people. The jobs themselves are boring and repetitive. The air quality inside the factory is terrible due to deadly chemical dust constantly in the air.
Pros
The only pro for me was it was close to home
Cons
Shift leaders gossip and bully people, bad for your health, no leadership, .
Productive and fun workplace
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA28 December 2016
It's a great place to work for and the fellow coworkers are great to work with and work well with each other. The shift leaders are great the work with also.
Cons
Only have a lunch break
fast pace and repetitive
Logistics Specialist (contract) (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA15 August 2016
Hire a lot of temps, then decide if they want to keep them. They do not have any leaders that can guide you. Teach you the job then want you to do it.
Productive & Fun
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA26 May 2016
I absolutely loved working at ARDEX Americas, the work environment is very professional, but laid back as well. I loved working with the entire marketing department. I got to learn a lot of important and resourceful things, as well as getting to know the other employees. I also love the diversity. Long lunch breaks, decent benefits, flexible hours where they understand you have a life outside of work also. I highly recommend ARDEX!
Pros
Hour lunches, Flexible hours, After hours activities, Diverse
Cons
Temporary Graphic Designer
Negative management and culture
Operations (Former Employee) –  Texas24 May 2016
ARDEX needs to look hard at whats broken. Employee culture is broken. Micro management and managers that don't understand or listen to the team thats doing their part to make sure company is successful. ARDEX NEEDS TO GET ITS ACT TOGETHER and look for new and more modern management style of doing business and listening to the employees. Seems majority of VP's and directors are too old school and practice the "What I say goes" management style of doing things. ARDEX needs to get younger.

Overall I give this company an F in many areas.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Everything else about this company
poor management relations
ex employee (Former Employee) –  USA11 May 2016
management live in their ivory tower
all other employees are considered expendable and troublesome
long hours with little appreciation
management never keeps promises
Poor Managment
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TX6 January 2015
Working for Ardex was simply a job to pay the bills.
The management personnel did not communicate with one another, causing daily problems for them and for us line workers.
The most I obtained from Ardex was my training to operate a fork lift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARDEX Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9