Ardene Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great Team | Poor Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brossard, QCJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Non-Flexible Hours
Truthfully, the people that I work with are great really. However, make sure that you have no kids, no personal life or not be sick. Because they treat work like it's the only thing to live for.
Fun, and exciting work enviroment.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Exciting team.
Cons: Constant stock
A typical day included placing new stock on the sales floor. Managing sales clients, and employees. I learned leadership skills, and how to maintain and manage a large store.
Amazing First Job
Third Key (Current Employee), ScarboroughMay 25, 2015
A great starting place for someone looking for a job, I started four years ago, and it was my first job. It's been a great four years but I'd like a bit of change. Proficient with providing exceptional customer service, and increasing day to day sales to beat daily budgets.
Ardene
Store Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 16, 2015
Pros: good management, fun environment, always doing something new
Cons: not enough money.
I worked for Ardene for over 5 years, as management. i loved my job, but even as a manager, the pay was not high enough with my mortgage and car payments.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough OntarioJune 24, 2015
Pros: Absolutely Nothing
Cons: Everything
Catty females who seem to hate their job, never smile.
Constant trash talking new employees for not being up to their "standard"
only 2- 3 People working on busy days
Talking badly about co workers on a daily basis
You cannot wear comfortable shoes to work in, they consider flats "stylish" but that is not comfortable for 8 hour shifts.
You will not go home in any means clean, you look like you swept the floor with your own clothing.
Expect you to know more then you were taught.
No where safe to keep your belongings, expect to be on break in the delivery room.
Expect you to finish a task in an un realistic time frame
Constantly getting ignored when asking for help
Return and exchange policy is horrible
The items we sold were extremely cheap, you could probably get better quality at the dollar store

This Job was a joke, I hated my life working there. I would cry going home every night. I could not wait to quit.

I dont understand how any body would enjoy working here unless they were one of the people who talked down on newer staff.
productive and full on new experience
Assistance manager (Former Employee), eglinmillsMarch 3, 2015
o Great communication abilities in order to improve financial situation
o Fully knowledgeable about Loans, Credit cards and Accounts
o Capable of analyzing sales and costs in order to meet the forecasts

o Time and resource management for different projects in a fast pace environment (working with Arena Software to create supply chain management systems)
o Cost analysis and expense management in order to meet the budget
o Financial analysis

o Fully knowledgeable with all MS office software
o Created many flow charts and tables using Google Software
great place to gain customer experience
Sales representative (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 29, 2015
I worked seasonal; and although it was a short time frame the staff was inviting. I was a pleased to offer my wonderful self in order to help the company.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch breaks and sometimes a 15 also
Cons: short shifts/ and only two people are allowed to book the same day off at a time.
Not allowed to speak to other staff unless outside of work only. But overall a great place to work. Hours get cut a lot after Christmas holiday's. But I love my job regardless. Could have trained us better when you start but it is not hard to figure out, and you can always ask for help.
Nice workplace with music.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches, discount on the clothes.
Cons: none in particular for this job.
I would come in and count cashes. I would serve clients and fold clothes. If there were boxes that came in, a co-worker and I made sure to get most of the clothes out of the boxes and on the floors as fast as we could, Sometimes if my boss couldn't come in for the day I would open and close the store by myself.
The staff members are incredible workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: poor management
Management isn't strong, and cannot handle other staff members disagreeing with them. Rules and policies of a manager are being taking advantage of, and they do not follow the same rules and policies the sales associates follow as indicated in the manual.
Fun and really easy workplace, free lunches.
Full-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 8, 2015
Pros: free luches/dinner/breakfast
Cons: boring
This job is very easy going, regular wage. It's a sale warehouse so the customer is always trying to bargain with you. The management is really nice and they buy you lunch everyday.
Productive and fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton & Windsor, ONJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work starts by figuring out tasks to be done. Cleaning, helping customers to the best of my ability, reorganizing merchandise, and doing stock.

The management team is always willing to lend a helping hand whether it be a mundane task like moving slippers or helping deal with a difficult situation. Coworkers are all very enjoyable to work with. Positive mindsets, and team based environments have made my time with the company a great experience.

Through the last year I've learned to deal with difficult customers in a respectful and swift manner. Generally needing little to no help.
Good entry level job.
Sales associate (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 9, 2015
Good place to start in retail. Busy and a lot of merchandising involved, good to learn how to deal with customers and various other retail duties. Found them a little disorganized in management, but that was a long time ago and could have been improved. Varies from location to location.
Good experience
Ardene Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Good people to work with
Cons: Not enough hours, not enough breaks
It was okay, I did not enjoy it all the time but it was a great experience to learn new things in stock areas and meet new people. I learned how to do different things within this job.
Productive fast-paced workplace with great advancements
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great staff
A daily work review of assisting customers with purchases, managing stock and inventory, finalizing payroll, controlling budgets through sales goals and working directly with the district manager to achieve store success.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2015
Pros: large discount
Cons: large discounts
A very busy place which i enjoyed. I learned to work with teenagers and how to explain things in a more detailed fashion. The hardest part of the job was dealing with aggravated customers at christmas time.
The environment makes you want to show up to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MarkhamDecember 3, 2014
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: rude, self-entitled customers
Every shift is different but the people you work with make or break your experience there. If you don't enjoy the job you are at, you'll never want to show up. I had no problems balancing school and work but holidays are rough because you become REQUIRED to be there. So if you are like me and have your family in another country, you can't go home for the holidays. It's retail.. It doesn't work that way. However, they are awesome when it comes to school and after the holiday "away time" or even before the black out period.
Terrible Managment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brandon, MBNovember 30, 2015
Managment was the worst part of this job. I started off in this job as an assistant manager, but the store manager was a dud, she has no idea how to be a manager at all. She can't run a store and make good decisions and she doesn't know how to treat her employees half the time and her customer service was probably the worst out of all the employees in the store.The district supervisor wasn't too bad but she wasn't the best. She was rude most of the time and instead of telling the employees to their face what she wanted done in the store she would write a note and leave it by the cash counter assuming everyone would read it , when she could have said somethign to each of us, as she was in our store for an entire day...
The dress code is quite nice, as you can wear what you want. But the fact you can not wear sneakers or anything comfy on your feet is just plain cruel in my opinion.
The other employees were the best part of this job. And the rare customer you got in the store that was actually appreciative that you helped them out to find what they needed. Although most employees were scared to do anything, especially at the till, without approval from the store manager or the district supervisor, because they thought they would lose their job for something silly and small. Which, in my opinion, isn't worth it. To all you part time Ardene workers, don't stress out about it, get a new job if you have to.. No part time job should stress you out that much and make you scared to lose it. Let it go.
Great Atmosphere
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 14, 2015
Great employees, always willing to help the customers, very organized store with lots of product. employees are very friendly, always a pleasure to come to work everyday.
Discriminatory management
Salesperson (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Work environment is extremely tense and catty due to problems caused by management. Impossible to get days off even months in advance. If you are sick, too bad, they will make you work anyways. Lost your voice? Too bad, you can communicate in writing to customers apparently.