Ardene Employee Reviews

Really only one con
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 February 2016
I was hired as a temp manager to replace someone on mat leave..its been two months and I love it. Great team, always something to do. My supervisor is a great person. Very easy to talk to and get along with, never had any issues with her.
The only con is the pay..and no benefits for 6 months!
Pros
No pressure
Cons
No benefits only half hour lunch break
Fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 April 2016
Customer service is always number one. Multi tasking is important in this job as it is very busy and there is a lot of stock to keep on top of. This job is ideal for someone who has excellent organizational skills.
Challenging and fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 May 2016
Management was very understanding and trained me well, and I was well prepared for the tasks assigned to me. I looked forward going to work, and liked working with my coworkers.
Friendly work place, encouraging atmosphere, professional
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON8 April 2016
It was a very positive environment with great people. Always a task to do, and the shifts went by very fast. All in all a very good work experience.
Pros
Friendly staff
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 December 2015
If you want to be over worked and underpaid this is the job for you. Management was awful and constantly had a revolving door of employees because of it. The work itself is alright and your coworkers and customers are awesome people. Expectations are too high for such little staff. You will never get a raise, ever. The wage you start out with is the wage you are going to have forever more. If you are required to do other job duties that are not in your specific description you will not be compensated ie: doing third key and getting paid as a sales associate.
Pros
the music, customers, coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no raises
cashier/customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2016
operated cash and conducted customer transactions,advised customers on product choice, stocked shelves and inventory the products ,balanced till.
Good for first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
Good for first job for teenagers. If you're looking for a career then its not for you. I have been there for 2 years, its hard to work with multiple girls.
Fun and Social
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2016
Pretty busy location with lots of stock to merchandise. Fun to see what new products and clothing come in. Fast paced and customer service is priority.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wage
Fast paced and compassionate coworkers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
Furthered my customer service skills. My bosses were very flexible with my hours, even though I was only part-time.
Kelly continued to give me good references for my future jobs.
An okay place to work
Sales Associate/3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON23 January 2016
I enjoyed my job at Ardene, but not some of the people I worked with. The management was horrible, things were not fair and there was a lot of favoritism. Certain things that should have been taking seriously were not.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Employees worked with
good place to be
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2016
typical day was great, time management is key. Also communication with the customers is a big part of ARDENE. The sales associates are really great and are very enthusiastic.
Customer Service oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2016
Ardene is customer service oriented. Team environment. Fast paced, sales environment. Management is helpful when associates need guidance.
Do not recommend unless you are desperate for a job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2016
The only reason I stayed there is because I desperately needed money. They don't train you at all and complain for any little thing you do wrong. The dress code is extremely strict for a fashion store.
Managers and supervisors don't do **** but talking behind other coworkers back. If you're a sales associate, be prepare to do everyone else job. You only have a 30 min break ( no small breaks of 15 mins ) for an 8 hour shift. Girls who've worked longer than you at the store think they're queens and that they can treat you miserably.Most managers and supervisors are hypocrites...they're the real life version of Mean Girls. They either make you work 10 days in a row or make you don't work for 2 weeks straight. The only good thing about it is that some girls are actually really nice ( made some friends) and that when it's time to get out the garbage you can sneak out to smoke a cigarette.
Pros
Some girls are actually really nice
Cons
Everything else
Productive and friendly work enviorment with good co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 December 2015
Working at Ardene was a great experience. I grew alot within the company, I started off as a retail cashier then moved up to third key, then assistant manager. I learned alot about management and about the scheduling, bank runs and about how to set up the store with the merchandise.
Very friendly, happy place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 February 2016
It was an enjoyable company to work for. Up beat yet very serious about what needed doing. Friendly co-workers, customers, and higher up staff.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Weird hours, long shifts
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2016
A great part-time job and a fun place to work at. You meet new people and it is just nice to have friends in your workplace!
I learned a lot about teamwork and about clothing itself! Great discounts for employees :)
WORST job I've ever had
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Manitoba27 October 2015
One of those jobs you get paid peanuts for working your butt off everyday, with no acknowledgment or appreciation. The management may know lots about the company, but have no clue how to manage staff (I highly doubt anyone received any training regarding that). They just don't care about their employees and it shows.

"A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation"
Pros
busy environment, good staff
Cons
bad management, low pay
very organized, and stricked
Sales Clerk (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2016
Working at Ardenes was my first job, and i felt like i didn't fit in. The management was awesome, but there rules were very strick ex. dress code.
Pros
nice people i worked with
Cons
very stricked, and one way
Na
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2016
On a typical day, we would all stock all the merchandise, tidied up the store. helped any costumers that needed help, also greeting as they came into the store.
Pros
worked around my school hours
Cons
short hours, staff werent that friendly
Gained management experience
Key holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2015
As a full-time job provided advancement throughout company, district manager frequently visited to ensure everything was in working order. Employees and consumers were generally younger, was satisfactory for the time being.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Not professional work place

2.7