Ardene Employee Reviews

Place to work at
Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 March 2017
Mangers and staffs are very discriminative,being 1scond late is a felony, bag checks are crazy ( is this a designer cloth store where cloths cost $300?), employee are constantly being looked at for theft, they treat their employees like slaves, they don't like being corrected, and they don't pay you for all the hours you work for.
Cons
Fun work place, get along with everyone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON1 March 2017
I loved working here and unfortunately I had to quit due to my leaving for university. The management was amazing and they always helped you out if you needed it. The friendliness helped make your shift go by quick and enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
hours as a student
easy going retail job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 February 2017
This is a great job for first-timers or people getting into retail. I'm going to be honest, it isn't very labour intensive. A typical day includes greeting customers, helping customers find items, cashing out and tidying up. Very minimal stock to put out every week.
Cons
Management - My store rarely had a manager.
Great Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK28 February 2017
Loved working for this company. Learned so much more on how a business runs. Learned lot of customer service skills. Made some great relations with both my fellow staff members as well as regular customers.
stressful and not worth the pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 February 2017
A lot of work, more than one person should be able to crunch in one shift and not much (if any) team ethics. Management was not really provided along with training.
Horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Ardene, managers and district manager were nice and very flexible and understanding. I cannot tolerate the company it self. Horrible dress codes, too many restrictions for minor things. The company sells "trendy" and "up to date" clothing but wont let the employees wear what they are selling. confusing.

The work load is terrible, they expect us to change walls and move them from one end of the store to the other like its easy.. well its definitely not and they wouldn't know that because they're sitting down brainstorming these time wasting ideas. its frustrating when you spend a whole week on placing shoes at one place only ending up getting an email the next week telling us we have to move it to the back which we could of done in the first place to be more time consuming.

Another con to this company would be the fact that corporate managers dont see which stores have really horrible people as MANAGERS with no manners but favour them because their stores are bringing in money. All the company cares about is who makes more.
Pros
nothing
Cons
wage, no respect
Ardene
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
It was okay hated the work. and the customers that shopped there were not nice. they dont pay you enough for the amount of time and energy you put into that store
Good for young girls trying to find a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
fun co workers, good team, management is nice, easy to get to
originizng the clothes can be stressful but it can be fun too. Good hours. Easy work....
I love the job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2017
The staff make it pleasing to come to work everyday. They are passionate about serving the customers that shop there each day !
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
A typical day was fast and most times, busy. I learned more customer service and got another experience in the retail industry.
Great working environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Great working environment, therefore gives you a chance to grow with in the company and Career. You learn new things. Company makes you feel comfortable. Best part is setting up the visual, being able to see the new ideas and trends and to be apart of it.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
Over all I looked forward to going to work everyday. Every employer was very kind. I learnt a lot about how to deal with customers as well as what to do if you saw someone stealing. The hardest part about the job was probably knowing someone was going to steal but not knowing how to approach him or her.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Only seasonal
Productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 February 2017
A typical day in the retail force is never quite entertaining. I learned great customer service skills, but I also learned not all managers are respectable. My manager was a horrible person to work with, I've even had customers complain about her attitude in the workplace.
She was a nasty person and how she became a manager is beyond me. Hardest part of the job was all the anxiety i had whenever that woman was in.

Most enjoyable part of that job was going home at the end of the day.
Pros
nice customers.
Cons
Manager
Ok
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
It is an okay first job, not as fun as it would seem, it was easy to learn, staff was friendly and accepting. management was okay.
It was a fun place to work with learning opportunities every day
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 February 2017
There was always things to do to keep busy,there was never boredom. I really learned how to train my staff in different ways due to the diversity of staff and got to know boundaries of who could deal with different scenarios and when others needed to step in. It was a very enjoyable experience for me I learned a lot about myself and how I work.
Pros
Advancement and bonuses
Cons
It was to far for me to continue working there
Great work environment, super fun fashion and lots of room for advancement
Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 February 2017
I got the privilege to work with some amazing people over my 11 career at Ardene. I've also worked every position from part-time all the way up to manager. Therefore, there's a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a fun environment, one also that changes frequently. Fashion is all about keeping up with the trends. I would say the hardest part for me, was the amount of physical labour. I had a smaller staff, the assistant manager and I were the only full-time employees, so sometimes it got to be very tiresome. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Great bonus awarded for hard work
Cons
Long hours standing on your feet
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
I've learned a lot of skills working retail at Ardene's. The experience of working customer service is unique. my favorite and most important skill I've learnt extreme costumer service skills.
productive
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 January 2017
boring and they failed to tell the details abot the job and didnt inform me when i was going to be let go. also failing to pay me properly and on time
Must be Dedicated!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
A typical day at work, if new, would be greeting customers, especially at the Portage Place location, and you would have to greet every single customer that comes through the door. If you're shy, or are a bit of an introvert, I suggest you practice talking to a lot more people, because this job is a lot more than folding clothes and looking pretty, ESPECIALLy at the Portage Place location.

I've found that in order to do this job, you have to be one step ahead of the management. What this means is, you have to be able to do things without being told to do them, and if management comes around asking if you've done such and such, your answer should always be yes.

The people working at Ardene, at any location, are really friendly, and easy to talk to, so asking for help shouldn't be difficult, even if you are really shy. Make sure when you ask for help from your coworkers, it's still in line with what management expects from you.

Management at each branch may want to do things a little differently in terms of the way you greet customers or the way you go about your job, but it's not hard getting used to the different management styles as long as you keep an open mind and remind yourself that it's not personal.

The hardest part of the job, I think, is the keeping everything tidy part, and the fact that they're allowed to change your schedule up to a day before your due for a shift. One day you'll look online at your schedule and it will say you have a shift four days from now on a saturday, and then you'll check the next day and it'll say you have a shift the next
  more... day.

There's room for growth at Ardene, like, you could be working there for 8 months to a year and then be up for a position as a Third Key Holder, and then by the second year you're there, you could be up for Assistant Manager. It really depends on you how the job experience will go.
Pros
Eventful, Get to work with clothes.
Cons
Long hours, Changing schedules up to a day before
Wonderful place to work your way up
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB18 January 2017
I had the privilege to work at two different locations and I can honestly say it was one of the best working experiences I have had to date. Great team members, great atmosphere, lots of room to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8