Ardene Employee Reviews

Great team to work with
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2016
-Not many hours to work
-part-time; only management gets full time
-hardest part of the job is dealing with aggressive customers
-My manager is awesome she really cares about us and will stand behind us.
-co-workers are awesome and friendly for the most part, we all get along
-I've learnt how to deal with difficult and aggressive customers
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Almost no hours
It was a okay experience working here. I learned a lot about the ins and outs of retail.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
I worked here for a few months but then i quit. The short amount of time i worked here ( 6 months) ,there were about 7 new sales associates working there with me. People were always quitting, and the manager was manly to blame for this. She would always over -work her employees. She would give us a bunch of tasks to do while also keeping an eye out on the checkout desk as well as greeting every customer that walked into the store. She hardly did any of this, she would be in the back room doing " stuff". She would only rush out to answer the phone if it rang because she thought it could be head office, It was very unfair, that is why i quit and found another job.

Also you were not allowed to be sick, if you called in and said you were sick she would guilt you into coming to work. or force you somehow by saying " we need your keys " .. overall there was no respect given to the employees at the young and Eglinton Ardene location.
Not very productive and not very fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 June 2016
-What I learned was to work as a cash register which I found very useful
-I also learned how to cope with customers which I found very easy
Pros
Many breaks
Cons
The work environment
Having fun with fashion and accessories was encouraged.
PART-IN-CHARGE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2016
They tried to have a fun upbeat atmosphere in all their stores. The teams styles varied with each store as personalizing your style with in the bounds of the dress code was encouraged.
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 February 2016
I had many tasks to do at Ardene, between being a cashier, sales rep, folding clothes, doing stock or cleaning. There was always a job for you to do. I really enjoyed the staff they had there, they were really welcoming. The hardest part of the job was customers that were picky in clothing. Trying to find things in the store that matched a customers personality, being picky and all, was very challenging but it taught us how to approach the next person. The atmosphere was very bright and colorful. We were all very happy and enjoyed each other presence. The management was great.
Pros
Doing your own thing while still being a top co-worker
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
Good to gain sales associate experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2016
I did not work with the company for long, but it was a good job. It was very simple, organizing clothes and jewelry along with engaging and promoting sales to customers.
Pros
discount on company products
Cons
not much flexibility
Dont
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2016
unless you want to be miserable don't bother applying here. Not worth it, unless its your first job, it can build experience
Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2016
It's fun to be around things i love (fashion) all day but the work could be a bit stressful sometimes.
you get amazing employee discounts.
Too strict dress code
Great way to get retail experience
Friendly management
Pros
Fashion
Cons
Low pay
A Wonderful and positive company
3rd Key/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 February 2016
Working within this company has had a positive impact in my work environment, I have learned how to approach and handle unsatisfied customers along with creating a positive relationship with customers whom, in return become reoccurring shoppers. Management has taught me leadership skills, as well as assisting me into growing within the company. I enjoy working with my co-workers, creating a positive work place.
Pros
Staff
Cons
N\A
All around, terrible company.
Third key (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 February 2016
Manager didn't properly train, you were just thrown into it and if you messed up then you definitely got punished.

The company its self is garbage. You'd get a message 5 minutes before closing to change basically everything. They also don't stand behind their products nor employees. If you can get thrown under the bus, you will.

Don't expect any professionalism.
Also, they didn't train anyone on piercing ears, you were just kind of thrown to the wolves once a customer comes in.
Pros
none.
Cons
management, upper management, poor training, poor products, lack of professionalism, company treats customers better than employees, which says something.
Fun, love my co-workers
Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 April 2016
I love working at Ardene - I have been there for a year and it's been one of the best jobs. I have worked at two different locations and all of my co-workers have been awesome people!
Pros
Clothing & accessories discounts
Really only one con
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 February 2016
I was hired as a temp manager to replace someone on mat leave..its been two months and I love it. Great team, always something to do. My supervisor is a great person. Very easy to talk to and get along with, never had any issues with her.
The only con is the pay..and no benefits for 6 months!
Pros
No pressure
Cons
No benefits only half hour lunch break
Fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 April 2016
Customer service is always number one. Multi tasking is important in this job as it is very busy and there is a lot of stock to keep on top of. This job is ideal for someone who has excellent organizational skills.
Challenging and fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 May 2016
Management was very understanding and trained me well, and I was well prepared for the tasks assigned to me. I looked forward going to work, and liked working with my coworkers.
Friendly work place, encouraging atmosphere, professional
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON8 April 2016
It was a very positive environment with great people. Always a task to do, and the shifts went by very fast. All in all a very good work experience.
Pros
Friendly staff
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 December 2015
If you want to be over worked and underpaid this is the job for you. Management was awful and constantly had a revolving door of employees because of it. The work itself is alright and your coworkers and customers are awesome people. Expectations are too high for such little staff. You will never get a raise, ever. The wage you start out with is the wage you are going to have forever more. If you are required to do other job duties that are not in your specific description you will not be compensated ie: doing third key and getting paid as a sales associate.
Pros
the music, customers, coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no raises
cashier/customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2016
operated cash and conducted customer transactions,advised customers on product choice, stocked shelves and inventory the products ,balanced till.
Good for first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
Good for first job for teenagers. If you're looking for a career then its not for you. I have been there for 2 years, its hard to work with multiple girls.
Fun and Social
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2016
Pretty busy location with lots of stock to merchandise. Fun to see what new products and clothing come in. Fast paced and customer service is priority.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wage
Fast paced and compassionate coworkers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
Furthered my customer service skills. My bosses were very flexible with my hours, even though I was only part-time.
Kelly continued to give me good references for my future jobs.

2.7