Ardene Employee Reviews

Fun and Social
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2016
Pretty busy location with lots of stock to merchandise. Fun to see what new products and clothing come in. Fast paced and customer service is priority.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wage
Fast paced and compassionate coworkers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Furthered my customer service skills. My bosses were very flexible with my hours, even though I was only part-time.
Kelly continued to give me good references for my future jobs.
Productive and Enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2015
A typical work day included assisting customers, and completing a work task that ideally should be completed at the end of my work shift. I gained customer service skills, and gained additional cashier experience. Management and co-workers were outstanding which made the work day even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was trying to manage everything at once (i.e. assisting costumers, till, completing task, and cleaning duties). The most enjoyable part of this job was having such amazing people to work with.
Pros
Discounts, breaks
Cons
Slow business, therefore hours were cut
if you get a great staff you'll be ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nova ScotiaMay 7, 2014
Never saw my district manager ever!! When I called her she never called back to respond to my questions. Never had a raise in the 3 years I've been there. Rules change a lot, sometimes without your knowledge and you are faced with the consequences. Not a great place to advance. Great for young students in their teens who want a shift here or there.
Pros
the girls i managed were awesome, part of the reason i stayed so long
Cons
upper management, no raises, no support from anyone other than yourself
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 9, 2016
A great part-time job and a fun place to work at. You meet new people and it is just nice to have friends in your workplace!
I learned a lot about teamwork and about clothing itself! Great discounts for employees :)
Very friendly, happy place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
It was an enjoyable company to work for. Up beat yet very serious about what needed doing. Friendly co-workers, customers, and higher up staff.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Weird hours, long shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Clothing Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work would involve greeting customers and informing them about new promotions everyday. I learned a lot of skills from this workplace, which is auditing, problem solving skills, working under pressure. Management was very organized and caring of their customers and employees satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the day is talking to customers and helping them with whatever they need.
Pros
snacks and drinks on break time
third key
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONOctober 19, 2015
in the absence of manager, the key holder handles cash counters, collects the cash and deposit it in safe hands or in security lockers
Makes sure that all the employees are obeying the rules and regulation and are aware of the security affairs of the establishment
Pros
multitasking
Productive Environment at Ardene
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 15, 2015
Working at Ardene as a sales associate was a very beneficial job experience. By working there, I gained experience and knowledge in the field of advertisement, and customer assistance. The co-workers and management maintained a positive attitude allowing for a comfortable environment to improve your skills.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Short hours
fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 7, 2016
the people at ardene always made the day fun
the managers were fun
my fav part of the day was my break
the hours were always reasonable
already submitted??
Sales Associate/Third Key/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MBFebruary 29, 2016
*Five years of customer service experience in retail and food service
*Critical thinking
*Adaptability
*Motivated
*Integrity
difficult place to work with high expectations
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  BCMay 27, 2016
A typical day is unloading boxes, even if this gets in the way of customers shopping (also garbage bags are left anywhere too, which get in the way). The number one priority is getting the million boxes out of the back room and onto the overflowing, jam-packed store. You're not allowed to stand behind the counter, because "head office could be watching!". They do spontaneous visual audits, not to keep track of theft, but to make sure employees are putting out stock. If there is no stock, good luck. Just a lot of folding and refolding the massive piles of clothes. Management is allowed to "take out the garbage" multiple times per shift to take 10-15 minute smoke breaks, but if you step into the back room for 15 seconds to grab a drink of water while there is no one in the store, don't expect equal treatment. In my 4.5 years, I saw 5 different managers and countless employees. The managers fire employees for the smallest reasons. If the manager is short $5, it was "the computer's fault" but if you're short $5, expect to get written up. 3 write-up's or "infractions" is grounds for firing. A lot of passive aggressive note writing, especially if you choose to help customers over putting out stock for a few minutes.

They don't like to give you time off, even if you request far in advance, and no one else has requested it off.

I stuck here because it was a small town, and I was nearing my college graduation. I started the day the store opened in my town, and was the longest standing employee at this store.

Coworkers can be alright. Management typically has no training or
  more... understanding on how to interview, so coworkers are hit and miss. Some coworkers were super fun to work with and made the job somewhat bearable!

It's okay for a first job to gain experience. 4 hour shifts can go by quickly since you're spending so much time putting out stock.
Honestly, the most enjoyable part was the discount.

Overall, would not recommend this place to work at.
Pros
discount
Cons
basically everything else
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
For anyone that has worked or is currently in retail at the store-level, this was a very typical workplace. I was fortunate to have a reliable manager, which made the experience a good one.
fast paced enviourment, with productive management and long working hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  southland mall reginaAugust 16, 2015
it started with cleaning the stores , opening and closing of till dealing with various customers and their problems related to exchange plicy or refund... explaining them regarding the company policy, giving good customer service achieving target goals keeping store management proper. assisting store manager to stocking the merchandising. overall its a hard physical fit job
Na
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 1, 2016
On a typical day, we would all stock all the merchandise, tidied up the store. helped any costumers that needed help, also greeting as they came into the store.
Pros
worked around my school hours
Cons
short hours, staff werent that friendly
Retail
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
I worked full time as a key holder. We did lots of stock and I got along with most of my co-workers. I learned a lot of customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying not to have too much fun.
difficult position
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 12, 2015
I started at this position at a slow time of the year which gave me the opportunity to take my time while training to learn every aspect of the job. 4 weeks after accepting the position the store location I was at went though a management change. The new manager and assistant manager did not have enough time to learn the ways of the previous management and decided to change everything about the store, all the procedures, and it was very hard for us employees to adapt to the new ways and we all felt very bullied and treated very unfairly so all 5 sales associates handed in their resignation letters.
Good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 5, 2016
Overall, it was a pleasure to work for this company. I am now looking for an employment where I can grow towards my ultimate goal to become a speech therapist and to expand my skill set.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High employment turnover
cruel management
Manager (Former Employee) –  calgaryFebruary 10, 2016
general manager was really cruel and mean, she was really busy and didn't know how to train employees properly with patience
Fun workplace, Friendly CoWorkers, Okay Managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 7, 2016
This job is pretty easy going. If you enjoy customer service and clothes this is the right job for you! Typically you spend your day Folding/Restocking merchandise. The Managment is okay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude Customers

2.7