Ardene Employee Reviews

Very friendly, happy place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 February 2016
It was an enjoyable company to work for. Up beat yet very serious about what needed doing. Friendly co-workers, customers, and higher up staff.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Weird hours, long shifts
A Wonderful and positive company
3rd Key/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 February 2016
Working within this company has had a positive impact in my work environment, I have learned how to approach and handle unsatisfied customers along with creating a positive relationship with customers whom, in return become reoccurring shoppers. Management has taught me leadership skills, as well as assisting me into growing within the company. I enjoy working with my co-workers, creating a positive work place.
Pros
Staff
Cons
N\A
All around, terrible company.
Third key (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 February 2016
Manager didn't properly train, you were just thrown into it and if you messed up then you definitely got punished.

The company its self is garbage. You'd get a message 5 minutes before closing to change basically everything. They also don't stand behind their products nor employees. If you can get thrown under the bus, you will.

Don't expect any professionalism.
Also, they didn't train anyone on piercing ears, you were just kind of thrown to the wolves once a customer comes in.
Pros
none.
Cons
management, upper management, poor training, poor products, lack of professionalism, company treats customers better than employees, which says something.
cruel management
Manager (Former Employee) –  calgary10 February 2016
general manager was really cruel and mean, she was really busy and didn't know how to train employees properly with patience
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2016
A great part-time job and a fun place to work at. You meet new people and it is just nice to have friends in your workplace!
I learned a lot about teamwork and about clothing itself! Great discounts for employees :)
very organized, and stricked
Sales Clerk (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2016
Working at Ardenes was my first job, and i felt like i didn't fit in. The management was awesome, but there rules were very strick ex. dress code.
Pros
nice people i worked with
Cons
very stricked, and one way
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2016
For anyone that has worked or is currently in retail at the store-level, this was a very typical workplace. I was fortunate to have a reliable manager, which made the experience a good one.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 February 2016
Its was cool to meet a lot of people.
Had great environment with my co-workers.
Stress management it was okay, not so hard to handle it.
Na
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2016
On a typical day, we would all stock all the merchandise, tidied up the store. helped any costumers that needed help, also greeting as they came into the store.
Pros
worked around my school hours
Cons
short hours, staff werent that friendly
Retail
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2016
I worked full time as a key holder. We did lots of stock and I got along with most of my co-workers. I learned a lot of customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying not to have too much fun.
An okay place to work
Sales Associate/3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON23 January 2016
I enjoyed my job at Ardene, but not some of the people I worked with. The management was horrible, things were not fair and there was a lot of favoritism. Certain things that should have been taking seriously were not.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Employees worked with
Do not recommend unless you are desperate for a job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2016
The only reason I stayed there is because I desperately needed money. They don't train you at all and complain for any little thing you do wrong. The dress code is extremely strict for a fashion store.
Managers and supervisors don't do **** but talking behind other coworkers back. If you're a sales associate, be prepare to do everyone else job. You only have a 30 min break ( no small breaks of 15 mins ) for an 8 hour shift. Girls who've worked longer than you at the store think they're queens and that they can treat you miserably.Most managers and supervisors are hypocrites...they're the real life version of Mean Girls. They either make you work 10 days in a row or make you don't work for 2 weeks straight. The only good thing about it is that some girls are actually really nice ( made some friends) and that when it's time to get out the garbage you can sneak out to smoke a cigarette.
Pros
Some girls are actually really nice
Cons
Everything else
Productive Work In Ardene
Key Holder, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2016
- knowing that customers appreciate the help that is given
- talking to customers letting them know that i can help and provide them with the requests they ask. (enjoyable)
Pros
learning and growing as a sales associate
Fun workplace, Friendly CoWorkers, Okay Managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON7 January 2016
This job is pretty easy going. If you enjoy customer service and clothes this is the right job for you! Typically you spend your day Folding/Restocking merchandise. The Managment is okay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude Customers
Good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC5 January 2016
Overall, it was a pleasure to work for this company. I am now looking for an employment where I can grow towards my ultimate goal to become a speech therapist and to expand my skill set.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High employment turnover
Pretty store to work in but too much work to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 January 2016
Typical duties: Unboxing and putting out new merchandise onto the sale's floor; cashiering, perform general maintenance of the merchandise
Friendly co-workers
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No wage increase
working
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2016
I enjoyed working there and some days and hated it on other. I enjoyed interacting with the customer. I learned that you don't have to be a manager to bring co workers together and to help eliminate drama
Pros
meet great people
Cons
management was not always the best
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 December 2015
If you want to be over worked and underpaid this is the job for you. Management was awful and constantly had a revolving door of employees because of it. The work itself is alright and your coworkers and customers are awesome people. Expectations are too high for such little staff. You will never get a raise, ever. The wage you start out with is the wage you are going to have forever more. If you are required to do other job duties that are not in your specific description you will not be compensated ie: doing third key and getting paid as a sales associate.
Pros
the music, customers, coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no raises
Busy Worplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 December 2015
A typical day at work was quite busy at moments and slow at others which was good so we could catch up on clean up. I learned how to do cash. The hardest part was keeping up with keeping the store clean while it became really busy.
Fun place to work at but very disorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB29 December 2015
Great coworkers
Manager was not reliable
Very stressful environment
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the cleaning with such a big store and little staff.

2.7