Ardene Employee Reviews

Customer Service oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Ardene is customer service oriented. Team environment. Fast paced, sales environment. Management is helpful when associates need guidance.
good place to be
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
typical day was great, time management is key. Also communication with the customers is a big part of ARDENE. The sales associates are really great and are very enthusiastic.
fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 7, 2016
the people at ardene always made the day fun
the managers were fun
my fav part of the day was my break
the hours were always reasonable
Fast paced and compassionate coworkers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Furthered my customer service skills. My bosses were very flexible with my hours, even though I was only part-time.
Kelly continued to give me good references for my future jobs.
Really only one con
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 29, 2016
I was hired as a temp manager to replace someone on mat leave..its been two months and I love it. Great team, always something to do. My supervisor is a great person. Very easy to talk to and get along with, never had any issues with her.
The only con is the pay..and no benefits for 6 months!
Pros
No pressure
Cons
No benefits only half hour lunch break
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 29, 2016
I had many tasks to do at Ardene, between being a cashier, sales rep, folding clothes, doing stock or cleaning. There was always a job for you to do. I really enjoyed the staff they had there, they were really welcoming. The hardest part of the job was customers that were picky in clothing. Trying to find things in the store that matched a customers personality, being picky and all, was very challenging but it taught us how to approach the next person. The atmosphere was very bright and colorful. We were all very happy and enjoyed each other presence. The management was great.
Pros
Doing your own thing while still being a top co-worker
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
already submitted??
Sales Associate/Third Key/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MBFebruary 29, 2016
*Five years of customer service experience in retail and food service
*Critical thinking
*Adaptability
*Motivated
*Integrity
Very friendly, happy place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
It was an enjoyable company to work for. Up beat yet very serious about what needed doing. Friendly co-workers, customers, and higher up staff.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Weird hours, long shifts
A Wonderful and positive company
3rd Key/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 17, 2016
Working within this company has had a positive impact in my work environment, I have learned how to approach and handle unsatisfied customers along with creating a positive relationship with customers whom, in return become reoccurring shoppers. Management has taught me leadership skills, as well as assisting me into growing within the company. I enjoy working with my co-workers, creating a positive work place.
Pros
Staff
Cons
N\A
All around, terrible company.
Third key (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Manager didn't properly train, you were just thrown into it and if you messed up then you definitely got punished.

The company its self is garbage. You'd get a message 5 minutes before closing to change basically everything. They also don't stand behind their products nor employees. If you can get thrown under the bus, you will.

Don't expect any professionalism.
Also, they didn't train anyone on piercing ears, you were just kind of thrown to the wolves once a customer comes in.
Pros
none.
Cons
management, upper management, poor training, poor products, lack of professionalism, company treats customers better than employees, which says something.
cruel management
Manager (Former Employee) –  calgaryFebruary 10, 2016
general manager was really cruel and mean, she was really busy and didn't know how to train employees properly with patience
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 9, 2016
A great part-time job and a fun place to work at. You meet new people and it is just nice to have friends in your workplace!
I learned a lot about teamwork and about clothing itself! Great discounts for employees :)
very organized, and stricked
Sales Clerk (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Working at Ardenes was my first job, and i felt like i didn't fit in. The management was awesome, but there rules were very strick ex. dress code.
Pros
nice people i worked with
Cons
very stricked, and one way
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
For anyone that has worked or is currently in retail at the store-level, this was a very typical workplace. I was fortunate to have a reliable manager, which made the experience a good one.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 3, 2016
Its was cool to meet a lot of people.
Had great environment with my co-workers.
Stress management it was okay, not so hard to handle it.
Na
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 1, 2016
On a typical day, we would all stock all the merchandise, tidied up the store. helped any costumers that needed help, also greeting as they came into the store.
Pros
worked around my school hours
Cons
short hours, staff werent that friendly
Retail
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
I worked full time as a key holder. We did lots of stock and I got along with most of my co-workers. I learned a lot of customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying not to have too much fun.
An okay place to work
Sales Associate/3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Ardene, but not some of the people I worked with. The management was horrible, things were not fair and there was a lot of favoritism. Certain things that should have been taking seriously were not.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Employees worked with
Do not recommend unless you are desperate for a job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 15, 2016
The only reason I stayed there is because I desperately needed money. They don't train you at all and complain for any little thing you do wrong. The dress code is extremely strict for a fashion store.
Managers and supervisors don't do **** but talking behind other coworkers back. If you're a sales associate, be prepare to do everyone else job. You only have a 30 min break ( no small breaks of 15 mins ) for an 8 hour shift. Girls who've worked longer than you at the store think they're queens and that they can treat you miserably.Most managers and supervisors are hypocrites...they're the real life version of Mean Girls. They either make you work 10 days in a row or make you don't work for 2 weeks straight. The only good thing about it is that some girls are actually really nice ( made some friends) and that when it's time to get out the garbage you can sneak out to smoke a cigarette.
Pros
Some girls are actually really nice
Cons
Everything else
Productive Work In Ardene
Key Holder, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 10, 2016
- knowing that customers appreciate the help that is given
- talking to customers letting them know that i can help and provide them with the requests they ask. (enjoyable)
Pros
learning and growing as a sales associate

2.7