Ardene Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and Social
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2016
Pretty busy location with lots of stock to merchandise. Fun to see what new products and clothing come in. Fast paced and customer service is priority.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wage
cashier/customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 6, 2016
operated cash and conducted customer transactions,advised customers on product choice, stocked shelves and inventory the products ,balanced till.
Good for first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Good for first job for teenagers. If you're looking for a career then its not for you. I have been there for 2 years, its hard to work with multiple girls.
Productive and fun workplace
Clothing Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work would involve greeting customers and informing them about new promotions everyday. I learned a lot of skills from this workplace, which is auditing, problem solving skills, working under pressure. Management was very organized and caring of their customers and employees satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the day is talking to customers and helping them with whatever they need.
Pros
snacks and drinks on break time
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
For anyone that has worked or is currently in retail at the store-level, this was a very typical workplace. I was fortunate to have a reliable manager, which made the experience a good one.
Na
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 1, 2016
On a typical day, we would all stock all the merchandise, tidied up the store. helped any costumers that needed help, also greeting as they came into the store.
Pros
worked around my school hours
Cons
short hours, staff werent that friendly
Retail
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
I worked full time as a key holder. We did lots of stock and I got along with most of my co-workers. I learned a lot of customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying not to have too much fun.
already submitted??
Sales Associate/Third Key/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MBFebruary 29, 2016
*Five years of customer service experience in retail and food service
*Critical thinking
*Adaptability
*Motivated
*Integrity
fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 7, 2016
the people at ardene always made the day fun
the managers were fun
my fav part of the day was my break
the hours were always reasonable
Good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 5, 2016
Overall, it was a pleasure to work for this company. I am now looking for an employment where I can grow towards my ultimate goal to become a speech therapist and to expand my skill set.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High employment turnover
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 26, 2015
Very productive and fun workplace. Surrounded by good co-workers and good management. I learned how to communicate with costumers on their needs. I also learned how to problem solve when a costumer was having difficulties in our store. I enjoyed every minute of working at Ardene.
Fun workplace, Friendly CoWorkers, Okay Managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 7, 2016
This job is pretty easy going. If you enjoy customer service and clothes this is the right job for you! Typically you spend your day Folding/Restocking merchandise. The Managment is okay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude Customers
difficult position
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 12, 2015
I started at this position at a slow time of the year which gave me the opportunity to take my time while training to learn every aspect of the job. 4 weeks after accepting the position the store location I was at went though a management change. The new manager and assistant manager did not have enough time to learn the ways of the previous management and decided to change everything about the store, all the procedures, and it was very hard for us employees to adapt to the new ways and we all felt very bullied and treated very unfairly so all 5 sales associates handed in their resignation letters.
Productive Work In Ardene
Key Holder, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 10, 2016
- knowing that customers appreciate the help that is given
- talking to customers letting them know that i can help and provide them with the requests they ask. (enjoyable)
Pros
learning and growing as a sales associate
Fun place to work at but very disorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MBDecember 29, 2015
Great coworkers
Manager was not reliable
Very stressful environment
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the cleaning with such a big store and little staff.
Pretty store to work in but too much work to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Typical duties: Unboxing and putting out new merchandise onto the sale's floor; cashiering, perform general maintenance of the merchandise
Friendly co-workers
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No wage increase
Busy Worplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work was quite busy at moments and slow at others which was good so we could catch up on clean up. I learned how to do cash. The hardest part was keeping up with keeping the store clean while it became really busy.
should hire mules instead of humans
sales (Former Employee) –  toronto ontSeptember 11, 2015
-Misleading job description, should state;
merchandiser, warehouse shipper/receiver, shelf stocker, sales associate with customer service skills, (phony is welcome). Would be best suited to a juggler (one who has no feelings) Robot, Donkey or mule.

-Unrealistic work load. Impossible to maintain and keep up, Staff are prone to breakdowns They blame the managers, when it is the companies fault for not having a merchandiser to help, more staff, to accommodate workload, and or divide the store changes evenly.

A more realistic way to title the next job posting......

'donkey required'
cruel management
Manager (Former Employee) –  calgaryFebruary 10, 2016
general manager was really cruel and mean, she was really busy and didn't know how to train employees properly with patience
Overall work experience
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 10, 2015
To be completely honest I love my job.
A typical day at work involves dealing with customers that don't give you any problems as opposed to the ones that do. I am able to keep a calm and positive attitude towards every customer that I come face to face with. I am constantly learning new things from all of my coworkers. I love my manager and assistant manager. My coworkers are all very positive and optimistic about their future with this company. All of my coworkers deal with customers in a very professional manner. The hardest part of the job is trying to distribute stock throughout the store and still manage to clean and deal with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers and getting to gain valuable life skills that will ultimately help you down the road.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Difficult customers