Ardene Employee Reviews

Servir les clients, proposer des objets pour compléter leur promotion
Vendeuse, troisième clé (Current Employee) –  Joliette, QC19 February 2017
Je dois servir tous les clients qui entrent dans le magasin. De plus, je dois déballer la marchandise que nous recevons. Je dois souvent travailler en équipe.
I love the job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2017
The staff make it pleasing to come to work everyday. They are passionate about serving the customers that shop there each day !
Environnement de travail peu productif
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Victoriaville, QC16 February 2017
Equipe peu productive, horaires de travail trop différents, pas assez d'heures disponibles, mauvaise organisation de léquipe, pas assez de communication au sein de l'équipe
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Manque d'organisation, salaire
Productif
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC14 February 2017
Plusieurs Ardene agréable à travailler.
J'ai appris plusieurs techniques utiles au service à la clientel.
Par contre les horaires ne sont pas flexible. Manque de dynamique dans l'équipe. Manque de stabilité.
Pros
se dépasser soi-même
Cons
courtes pauses, des situations injustes
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
A typical day was fast and most times, busy. I learned more customer service and got another experience in the retail industry.
Great working environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Great working environment, therefore gives you a chance to grow with in the company and Career. You learn new things. Company makes you feel comfortable. Best part is setting up the visual, being able to see the new ideas and trends and to be apart of it.
Environnement très agréable à travaillé
3 ieme clé et conseillère (Current Employee) –  Thetford Mines, QC9 February 2017
J'espère garder un amitié sincère avec eux après si je part car c'est une place que je conseil à tous
Pros
L'équipe j'adore mon équipe
Cons
Dîner court
environnement de travail agréable ainsi que les employés
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC9 February 2017
J'ai adoré travaillé là-bas. Une journée typique ressemble à:
- Arriver à l'heure
-M'enregistré
-Me mettre au travail et accueillir le client.
Ce que j'ai appris chez eux c'est comment parler au client. Mes collaborateurs étaient tous supers sérieusement je n'ai jamais vue des personnes aussi facile d'approche, souriant et amical! L'aspect le plus difficile à imaginer pour moi fut d'être à la caisse n'ayant jamais fait ça avant l'aspect le plus agréable était d'être en contact des gens.
Pros
Ambiance superbe
Cons
Pauses courtes
Belle ambiance
Assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
Belle Journée en général , on ce concentres sur la vente et la propreté du magasin . ...
Pros
Rabais Employés
Cons
pause
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
Over all I looked forward to going to work everyday. Every employer was very kind. I learnt a lot about how to deal with customers as well as what to do if you saw someone stealing. The hardest part about the job was probably knowing someone was going to steal but not knowing how to approach him or her.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Only seasonal

Want to know more about Ardene?

Ask a question
Productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 February 2017
A typical day in the retail force is never quite entertaining. I learned great customer service skills, but I also learned not all managers are respectable. My manager was a horrible person to work with, I've even had customers complain about her attitude in the workplace.
She was a nasty person and how she became a manager is beyond me. Hardest part of the job was all the anxiety i had whenever that woman was in.

Most enjoyable part of that job was going home at the end of the day.
Pros
nice customers.
Cons
Manager
Ok
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
It is an okay first job, not as fun as it would seem, it was easy to learn, staff was friendly and accepting. management was okay.
It was a fun place to work with learning opportunities every day
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 February 2017
There was always things to do to keep busy,there was never boredom. I really learned how to train my staff in different ways due to the diversity of staff and got to know boundaries of who could deal with different scenarios and when others needed to step in. It was a very enjoyable experience for me I learned a lot about myself and how I work.
Pros
Advancement and bonuses
Cons
It was to far for me to continue working there
Great work environment, super fun fashion and lots of room for advancement
Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 February 2017
I got the privilege to work with some amazing people over my 11 career at Ardene. I've also worked every position from part-time all the way up to manager. Therefore, there's a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a fun environment, one also that changes frequently. Fashion is all about keeping up with the trends. I would say the hardest part for me, was the amount of physical labour. I had a smaller staff, the assistant manager and I were the only full-time employees, so sometimes it got to be very tiresome. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Great bonus awarded for hard work
Cons
Long hours standing on your feet
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
I've learned a lot of skills working retail at Ardene's. The experience of working customer service is unique. my favorite and most important skill I've learnt extreme costumer service skills.
productive
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 January 2017
boring and they failed to tell the details abot the job and didnt inform me when i was going to be let go. also failing to pay me properly and on time
Must be Dedicated!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
A typical day at work, if new, would be greeting customers, especially at the Portage Place location, and you would have to greet every single customer that comes through the door. If you're shy, or are a bit of an introvert, I suggest you practice talking to a lot more people, because this job is a lot more than folding clothes and looking pretty, ESPECIALLy at the Portage Place location.

I've found that in order to do this job, you have to be one step ahead of the management. What this means is, you have to be able to do things without being told to do them, and if management comes around asking if you've done such and such, your answer should always be yes.

The people working at Ardene, at any location, are really friendly, and easy to talk to, so asking for help shouldn't be difficult, even if you are really shy. Make sure when you ask for help from your coworkers, it's still in line with what management expects from you.

Management at each branch may want to do things a little differently in terms of the way you greet customers or the way you go about your job, but it's not hard getting used to the different management styles as long as you keep an open mind and remind yourself that it's not personal.

The hardest part of the job, I think, is the keeping everything tidy part, and the fact that they're allowed to change your schedule up to a day before your due for a shift. One day you'll look online at your schedule and it will say you have a shift four days from now on a saturday, and then you'll check the next day and it'll say you have a shift the next
  more... day.

There's room for growth at Ardene, like, you could be working there for 8 months to a year and then be up for a position as a Third Key Holder, and then by the second year you're there, you could be up for Assistant Manager. It really depends on you how the job experience will go.
Pros
Eventful, Get to work with clothes.
Cons
Long hours, Changing schedules up to a day before
Wonderful place to work your way up
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB18 January 2017
I had the privilege to work at two different locations and I can honestly say it was one of the best working experiences I have had to date. Great team members, great atmosphere, lots of room to grow.
Productive and fun wrokplace with co-workers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2017
Working at Ardene was fun and hardworking.

My typical day was having customer service toward customers, and maintaining work area in a neat and tidy fashion.

I learned many things like teamwork, and having patience.

My co-workers were friendly but a few of them were ok.
Étudiante
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 January 2017
Bon emploi pour étudiante mais je n'y ferai pas carrière!

La compagnie s'attend trop à ce que leur employer priorise leur emploi que leur vie à l'extérieure.

En générale les filles avec qui j'ai travaillé étaient géniale!
Pros
Belle équipe
Cons
Manque d'organisation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8