Ardene Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 May 2017
A typical day included: counting tills, customer service, putting product out.

Learned how to put product out onto sales floors, work longer days

Management abused their role.

Hardest part of the job: sometimes would have to work 12 hour days all in a row.

Enjoyed: working with clothing and helping customers finding what suited their needs most.
Best work experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 May 2017
Managers were extremely helpful and fun to be around, customers were incredibly kind, and training was extremely easy to catch on to. The other employees were a pleasure to be around. Although a seasonal position, I would have loved to stick around longer just to have such solid management/coworkers.
Pros
Lunch breaks, reasonable pay, amazing hours, best manager I've worked with
Productive and a nice enviroment to be in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2017
I was able to learn how to use till and make my customer service improve. Although there was a lack of time managing skills and lack of managing tasks.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Lack of time managment
sdfdydhfhf
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK3 May 2017
opened and closed the store , set out stock , cleaned up end of shift , supervised other workers , worked the till , counted tills befoere and after shifts
great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  yorkgate mall1 May 2017
Meeting the customers who walk through the door and helping them in every way we can is of course our first priority. This means finding the perfect outfit for them, or even custom ordering whatever meets their needs.
Hate/Love relationship
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 April 2017
Ardene as a company does not value their lower positioned employees, sales associates in particular are expected to meet very high standards for minimal pay. If they fail to meet these expectations they are quickly lectured or even may notice a shortage of hours for the upcoming work week due to the failure of work. Therefore in order to keep about 25 hours or more a week you have to work your butt off no matter what.

Additionally, expect to dress like a nun because the dress code for employees is ridiculous. Never knew a shoulder or a little leg could ever offend customers as much as they make it seem like. Do not even think of coloring your hair either because they will have something to say about that as well.
Pros
Fair employee discounts
Cons
Poor employee dress codes, very little mutual respect, VERY HIGH expectations, limited amount of facial piercings and visible tattoos
ok work environment, not good pay or benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS25 April 2017
Ardene is an alright place to work. You do not receive benefits and you only work minimum wage, so it's only a good job if you are a student or just want some extra cash on the side.
Great Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS16 April 2017
A day at Ardene typically included working on cash, and stocking up and organizing the store. Everything was colour coded so that was a little tedious, but it keeps you busy throughout the day. We also had to take care of tasks such as cleaning, and returning clothes from the change rooms. My coworkers and managers were awesome and we all got along for the most part. I enjoy retail and I like the products at Ardene, so it was a great place to work.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Occasional drama
Fun Fast Paced Job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 April 2017
Lots of stock, and always something to do. Maintaining an Ardene store is not easy work, so you have to be physically capable. Everyone I met through this job was amazing, from store associates to the Regional Manager.
Not a bad place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON11 April 2017
Ardene provides a good work environment for those who like challenging employment, that is always changing. I overall enjoy my job, however I feel as though the pay is inadequate, and as a manager, you're unable to properly do your job. Head office is very disorganized. Work/ Life balance is very poor. The dress code is very fickle, and is hard for anybody to properly adhere to.
Pros
Fun, Challenging, Easy
Cons
Poor Hours, inadequate pay, no room for advancement
fun depending on the coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 April 2017
Just a horrible experience. The manager often did nothing but try on clothes and take selfies and abandon us without advising us she would be leaving the store.
Cons
horrible management
Unproductive, mentally and physically draining
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2017
I found as an employee at Ardene that there's not enough to do during long hours. I found myself standing around half the time because there just wasn't any work that needed to be done. Although my employees were fun to work with, I still came home after every shift feeling worn out and annoyed.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, unproductive, on feet all day
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2017
There is always something to do at Ardene because there is always something going on. Either you can organize clothes, sweep, mop, count tills, or help customers
Pros
Free lunches on busy days
Cons
the hours
A Day at Ardene
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 April 2017
Typically my day will being with opening the store either with or without management. This includes over looking the store for cleanliness and counting tills to make sure they are accurate from the night before. After opening I than follow directions from the manager to complete tasks around the store such as cleaning and stock tasks. I also partake in closing store procedures such as ensuring store cleanliness, counting tills, filling out deposits and the proper storing of money.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Commute
Incapable of treating employees like people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 April 2017
I worked for the company for around 7 months, and the reason I applied in the first place is that I love doing customer service and being helpful to others. The amount of emotional abuse and torture that the management puts you through is actually unbelievable. I have never seen such horrible behaviour. It's sad that I absolutely loved the job but the environment made me leave.. along with quite a few other employees.
Cons
No hours, lack of respect
racist
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
the manager was racist and very ignorant always made inappropriate remakes and made me and other employees feel uncomfortable always left staff on the sales floor alone
not worth it
3rd key visual (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
I quit after a month, with no notice and this is the first time I have done that. This place was a mess.

I left a few days after they fired my manager, and she was the only person keeping the place organized. Everything went downhill from there.

The stress was keeping me awake at night and the work was very demanding for very little pay. Not worth it at all.
Friendly place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
If you like to work with female accessories and retail this is it! you fold clothes, greet customers and deal with the cash relating transactions. If you are lucky enough to have a nice manager and key holder then working at ardene should be the nicest and easiest job ever.
Just like any other retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
At the outlet location, the sales-floor was always chaotic. The management was not bad, they were unprofessional at times, but for the most part they were accommodating to students desired work schedule.
Pros
Good employee discounts
Fun, Productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2017
Amazing clothing and accessories. Can be fun to work at, however some days there can be girl drama. Part Timers don't get any benefits. The discounts were GREAT!
Pros
Discounts/Nice stuff
Cons
Drama, No benefits for Part time, no bonuses (yearly)...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7