Ardene Employee Reviews

multitasking with stock and customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 July 2016
working as a assistant manager at ardene i have learned new things like beating our sales everyday making sure what our goal is to beat last years sales. having more responsibilities when dealing with agrivating customers. making sure your staff is working as a team and completing all tasks like stock. And making sure they are all helping customers.
Pros
getting bonus on your pay each month if u beat your sales target
Cons
doing stock during the day and helping customers at the same time
freiendly staff
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2017
I love sales/ customer service and learning something new everyday.
Although it needs to be more organized to make sure customer satisfaction and sales..
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON5 September 2016
great work atmosphere, kind and understanding management. great team to work around. became a family during the summer, had potlucks to enjoy the time there
productive
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 January 2017
boring and they failed to tell the details abot the job and didnt inform me when i was going to be let go. also failing to pay me properly and on time
Relaxed and enjoyable retail experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 August 2016
Supervisors and staff provide and overall positive experience. Great staff discount and plenty of room for advancement. Its has been many years though, since my time there....
I love the job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2017
The staff make it pleasing to come to work everyday. They are passionate about serving the customers that shop there each day !
Bad Management
Third Key/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 July 2016
Bad unprofessional management. Talking to associates about the other associates.
Coworkers were generally good.
I learned that its unprofessional to ask to go home when someone in your family dies, and that you should just get your life together.
Love unpacking boxes.
Great Place to Work
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2016
I have enjoyed my job with Ardene since day one. It's a great part time job with great discounts on clothing and accessories. I have zero complaints about working for the company as a part time worker, just wish there were full time positions available.
Pros
fun, social, great discounts
Cons
no full time
Organized, productive workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB26 June 2016
I learned how to be a sales associate and how to properly organize the displays by colour/style. Management was professional but also very friendly and understanding. My co-workers were easy to work with and everyone did their part. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers pick out clothing they like
Upbeat workplace, with great staff
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2016
We mostly do stock and customer service. The management team is great, and my coworkers are bright women, with charming personalities.

The hardest part of the job would be the hours. I don't get enough. As a part-timer, I understand that I am not a priority for scheduling,but I still need to pay my bills (which is why I'm looking for new employment). The most enjoyable part of the job is the poeple I work with every day. They're trully wonderful ladies.
Pros
The staff all get along very well.
Cons
Not enough hours/low wages.
disgusting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 July 2016
I Personally had an awful time working for Ardenes, the management was awful. Right from the store managers to the Regional.

When I quit my manager got in a verbal fight with me and was very unprofessional about the whole situation.
Pros
45 hour lunch breaks(which you couldn't breakn up)
Cons
poor management
Terrible Experience
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON14 July 2016
They barely take any time to train but are very quick to point out what a person is doing wrong. I didn't last even through my probation period I got so fed up with arriving only to be criticized and told everything I was doing was wrong I quit. I don't recommend this placement for a first job or you if take longer to become accustomed to new responsibilities or to a new environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible Training Procedures
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada8 June 2016
Usually a day here was okay, however the customers were terrible. They would disrespect the workers and their hard work and throw clothes from the rack onto the floor. The management was okay but would do whatever they pleased at times as the only camera faced the cash desk. However the staff got imposed with many rules from the district manager that were stupid and didn't make sense.
It was a okay experience working here. I learned a lot about the ins and outs of retail.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
I worked here for a few months but then i quit. The short amount of time i worked here ( 6 months) ,there were about 7 new sales associates working there with me. People were always quitting, and the manager was manly to blame for this. She would always over -work her employees. She would give us a bunch of tasks to do while also keeping an eye out on the checkout desk as well as greeting every customer that walked into the store. She hardly did any of this, she would be in the back room doing " stuff". She would only rush out to answer the phone if it rang because she thought it could be head office, It was very unfair, that is why i quit and found another job.

Also you were not allowed to be sick, if you called in and said you were sick she would guilt you into coming to work. or force you somehow by saying " we need your keys " .. overall there was no respect given to the employees at the young and Eglinton Ardene location.
Fun workplace with great co-worker relationships and flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 May 2016
Ardene is a fantastic place to work. A typical day includes operating a cash register and handling money as well as distributing stock and helping customers. Management is overall very helpful and friendly towards all of its employees. There are many co-worker relations that blossom into long-time friendships. It is a great environment to learn the basis of retail and to create great employee-customer relations.
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC29 September 2016
Ardene was my first job. I have worked there for about 2 years and it was a great learning experience. I learned how to use the cashier, ship, label and receive and really talk to customers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/A
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC10 September 2016
Loved this job and the ladies I worked with it was a great experience. Hardest part was constantly cleaning up after everyone all the time, people just aren't the nicest.
Pros
Everyone helps each other out
Cons
Working long days
Not a very pleasant place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 July 2016
i didn't work there to long but the time I spent there I'll never get back. The mangers overall very pretty much as bad as the employees. The way they all bad mouthed one another was appalling. It was like working with a bunch of children. (Actually that's a lie children are probably more well behaved).
Cons
what I loved about working with new retail for me.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2016
I make sure I'm on time shelves and shoes are in the proper place its a must for me. Learnt summer is light and winter is dark clothing, but everyone I worked with I enjoy their company what makes my day better at the end of my shift.
Pros
Meeting and working with new people.
Fast pace, forever changing, and exciting work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay Ontario24 August 2012
Being directly involved in the success of the store for 5+ years was always exciting. I learned to be a strong leader and truly enjoyed the responsibility that came with being in charge of such a large retail store. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the volume of merchandise that came in weekly. I took strategic thinking and alot of merchandising to keep up. It became easier throughout the years but it was never without its challenges. All in all it helped keep it interesting. I learned there is always a way to make it work. The most enjoyable part of my job was managing my staff. I strived to keep harmony and a positive work environment. A happy staff is a motivated staff.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
it was a 45 min. drive from my home.

2.7