Ardene Employee Reviews

not worth it
3rd key visual (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
I quit after a month, with no notice and this is the first time I have done that. This place was a mess.

I left a few days after they fired my manager, and she was the only person keeping the place organized. Everything went downhill from there.

The stress was keeping me awake at night and the work was very demanding for very little pay. Not worth it at all.
Friendly place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
If you like to work with female accessories and retail this is it! you fold clothes, greet customers and deal with the cash relating transactions. If you are lucky enough to have a nice manager and key holder then working at ardene should be the nicest and easiest job ever.
Just like any other retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
At the outlet location, the sales-floor was always chaotic. The management was not bad, they were unprofessional at times, but for the most part they were accommodating to students desired work schedule.
Pros
Good employee discounts
Fun, Productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2017
Amazing clothing and accessories. Can be fun to work at, however some days there can be girl drama. Part Timers don't get any benefits. The discounts were GREAT!
Pros
Discounts/Nice stuff
Cons
Drama, No benefits for Part time, no bonuses (yearly)...
Loved the girls I worked with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 March 2017
Loved the girls I worked with, but the management was bad (never used loss prevention and did more work than the manager) and the rules/routines were always changing. Maybe it was just the location I worked at because the manager always seemed to have a bias toward some of our ages and she hated her job.
Pros
If you love customer service it's good place to work.
Cons
Not a lot of hours and your pay only goes up when the government changes minimum wage.
Productive but not fun work place
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2017
This is a fast paced environment . Hardest part of the job well everyday is hard in it's own way depending on what the day is like.Expect to work underpressure.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
unrealistic expectations, lack of work/life balance, upper management is unreliable at best
Productive enjoyable but strict
3rd key holder/sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2017
Greeting customers and making sure their needs are meet.
Keeping the store looking clean and neat
Getting stock/inventory out if we have received any.
Most enjoyable part of work is being able to see my colleagues
Pros
love the environment
Cons
Being on your feet all day
Love the Ardene Team !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 March 2017
Great place to work. All staff members are lovely and enjoyable to be around. Hours can be flexible and management is typically pretty understanding. Loved working here!
good for people in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 March 2017
this company was great for people who can work full time but not part time employees. hours were not consistent throughout the weeks. management differed as staff was not stable
Place to work at
Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 March 2017
Mangers and staffs are very discriminative,being 1scond late is a felony, bag checks are crazy ( is this a designer cloth store where cloths cost $300?), employee are constantly being looked at for theft, they treat their employees like slaves, they don't like being corrected, and they don't pay you for all the hours you work for.
Cons
Fun work place, get along with everyone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON1 March 2017
I loved working here and unfortunately I had to quit due to my leaving for university. The management was amazing and they always helped you out if you needed it. The friendliness helped make your shift go by quick and enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
hours as a student
easy going retail job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 February 2017
This is a great job for first-timers or people getting into retail. I'm going to be honest, it isn't very labour intensive. A typical day includes greeting customers, helping customers find items, cashing out and tidying up. Very minimal stock to put out every week.
Cons
Management - My store rarely had a manager.
Great Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK28 February 2017
Loved working for this company. Learned so much more on how a business runs. Learned lot of customer service skills. Made some great relations with both my fellow staff members as well as regular customers.
stressful and not worth the pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 February 2017
A lot of work, more than one person should be able to crunch in one shift and not much (if any) team ethics. Management was not really provided along with training.
Horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Ardene, managers and district manager were nice and very flexible and understanding. I cannot tolerate the company it self. Horrible dress codes, too many restrictions for minor things. The company sells "trendy" and "up to date" clothing but wont let the employees wear what they are selling. confusing.

The work load is terrible, they expect us to change walls and move them from one end of the store to the other like its easy.. well its definitely not and they wouldn't know that because they're sitting down brainstorming these time wasting ideas. its frustrating when you spend a whole week on placing shoes at one place only ending up getting an email the next week telling us we have to move it to the back which we could of done in the first place to be more time consuming.

Another con to this company would be the fact that corporate managers dont see which stores have really horrible people as MANAGERS with no manners but favour them because their stores are bringing in money. All the company cares about is who makes more.
Pros
nothing
Cons
wage, no respect
Ardene
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
It was okay hated the work. and the customers that shopped there were not nice. they dont pay you enough for the amount of time and energy you put into that store
Good for young girls trying to find a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
fun co workers, good team, management is nice, easy to get to
originizng the clothes can be stressful but it can be fun too. Good hours. Easy work....
Servir les clients, proposer des objets pour compléter leur promotion
Vendeuse, troisième clé (Current Employee) –  Joliette, QC19 February 2017
Je dois servir tous les clients qui entrent dans le magasin. De plus, je dois déballer la marchandise que nous recevons. Je dois souvent travailler en équipe.
I love the job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2017
The staff make it pleasing to come to work everyday. They are passionate about serving the customers that shop there each day !
Environnement de travail peu productif
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Victoriaville, QC16 February 2017
Equipe peu productive, horaires de travail trop différents, pas assez d'heures disponibles, mauvaise organisation de léquipe, pas assez de communication au sein de l'équipe
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Manque d'organisation, salaire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7