Ardene Employee Reviews

Really only one con
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 February 2016
I was hired as a temp manager to replace someone on mat leave..its been two months and I love it. Great team, always something to do. My supervisor is a great person. Very easy to talk to and get along with, never had any issues with her.
The only con is the pay..and no benefits for 6 months!
Pros
No pressure
Cons
No benefits only half hour lunch break
Must be Dedicated!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
A typical day at work, if new, would be greeting customers, especially at the Portage Place location, and you would have to greet every single customer that comes through the door. If you're shy, or are a bit of an introvert, I suggest you practice talking to a lot more people, because this job is a lot more than folding clothes and looking pretty, ESPECIALLy at the Portage Place location.

I've found that in order to do this job, you have to be one step ahead of the management. What this means is, you have to be able to do things without being told to do them, and if management comes around asking if you've done such and such, your answer should always be yes.

The people working at Ardene, at any location, are really friendly, and easy to talk to, so asking for help shouldn't be difficult, even if you are really shy. Make sure when you ask for help from your coworkers, it's still in line with what management expects from you.

Management at each branch may want to do things a little differently in terms of the way you greet customers or the way you go about your job, but it's not hard getting used to the different management styles as long as you keep an open mind and remind yourself that it's not personal.

The hardest part of the job, I think, is the keeping everything tidy part, and the fact that they're allowed to change your schedule up to a day before your due for a shift. One day you'll look online at your schedule and it will say you have a shift four days from now on a saturday, and then you'll check the next day and it'll say you have a shift the next
  more... day.

There's room for growth at Ardene, like, you could be working there for 8 months to a year and then be up for a position as a Third Key Holder, and then by the second year you're there, you could be up for Assistant Manager. It really depends on you how the job experience will go.
Pros
Eventful, Get to work with clothes.
Cons
Long hours, Changing schedules up to a day before
Worst experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2016
Do NOT work here. Manager was very rude and unprofessional when I had to quit and even hung up on me. They do not care about you and they were not willing to co-operate with hours since I had another job and I'm still struggling to get my last pay weeks later. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Worst job experience of my life.
Fun workplace, micromanaged
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 November 2016
Overly micromanaged by head office, doesnt allow for any interpersonal ideals or individuality, interior management was persoanable and friendly, but corporate officials were unconcerned with staff.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
Over all I looked forward to going to work everyday. Every employer was very kind. I learnt a lot about how to deal with customers as well as what to do if you saw someone stealing. The hardest part about the job was probably knowing someone was going to steal but not knowing how to approach him or her.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Only seasonal
Save yourself the stress.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
•Your coworkers will be the only reason you stay, everday is chaos
• Learned it isn't worth it
• Management is a mess
• Do yourself a favor
Save yourself.
Pros
Coworkers, discount
Cons
Essentially everything else.
Great balance, management respects your personal time.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 December 2016
Overall a good place to work, low stress, good team, little development opportunities so not a good starting point for the eager to learn individual.
Pros
work/lifa balance, easy tasks, reasonable time frames
Cons
little personal development, small staff
Productive and fun wrokplace with co-workers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2017
Working at Ardene was fun and hardworking.

My typical day was having customer service toward customers, and maintaining work area in a neat and tidy fashion.

I learned many things like teamwork, and having patience.

My co-workers were friendly but a few of them were ok.
Ok
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
It is an okay first job, not as fun as it would seem, it was easy to learn, staff was friendly and accepting. management was okay.
Love fashion, but change in managers made it not a fun place to work anymore
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB9 July 2016
Ardene was a great place to work, full of fashion and great people. Recently the store has become under new management and it turned to mood of the whole store around. The Lloydminster location just is not for me anymore, the new management hired all new employees and going to work in an unhappy environment is not what i want anymore. I did very much enjoy it before the new management.
Pros
Fashion, Interacting with customers, great co-workers
Cons
New management
Moderately pased, friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
A day at ardene typically includes helping out customers with their buying needs, cleaning and making sure the store looks presentable. the staff is nice and everyone gets along. the most difficult part of this job is that some customers do not respect the store, resulting in huge messes being made.
Pros
15% discount
Wonderful place to work your way up
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB18 January 2017
I had the privilege to work at two different locations and I can honestly say it was one of the best working experiences I have had to date. Great team members, great atmosphere, lots of room to grow.
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 February 2016
I had many tasks to do at Ardene, between being a cashier, sales rep, folding clothes, doing stock or cleaning. There was always a job for you to do. I really enjoyed the staff they had there, they were really welcoming. The hardest part of the job was customers that were picky in clothing. Trying to find things in the store that matched a customers personality, being picky and all, was very challenging but it taught us how to approach the next person. The atmosphere was very bright and colorful. We were all very happy and enjoyed each other presence. The management was great.
Pros
Doing your own thing while still being a top co-worker
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
Low pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC10 January 2017
Its a good place to work for if you like to work as a team.. the girls i have worked for were amazing... the really bad thing about ardene is that there is alot of favoritism...
Pros
Good team
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
I've learned a lot of skills working retail at Ardene's. The experience of working customer service is unique. my favorite and most important skill I've learnt extreme costumer service skills.
horrible management, and horrible coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2016
some of the rudest people i have ever met.
part of the companies priorities was to catch shoplifters, and other sales associates prided themselves on catching them (you get a ten dollar bonus).
the company does not care about anything but money, not about customers.
Productive, fun workplace to work at
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 May 2016
Ardene's was simple and productive. We would communicate with all of the customers that visited and simply ask if they need any assistance. We would clean throughout the day as the store would need a little bit of getting tidied. The management was well done, it was honestly better than my past workplaces. My co-workers were enjoyable to be around and we all got along just perfectly well. The hardest part of working there was only having 1 break throughout an entire day. Which, I got used to as I am active on being on my feet. The enjoyable part of working there though, was that everyone around was friendly and that the work was easy enough to handle. If I had a chance to work there again, I'd take it back in a heartbeat.
Great environment and staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador3 August 2016
Great place to work for, surrounded by amazing staff and a FANTASTIC manager. Look forward to going to work and helping customers. A lot of rude customers really make you sick of cleaning though. Really discouraging. Otherwise, I enjoy every minute of stock, floor changes, and grid reworking!! Would recommend to anyone looking for a job which you have to be responsible and be very organized, quick thinking and a people person.
Pros
Great staff, awesome clothes and discounts
Cons
Rude, messy, clueless customers, long days
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 November 2016
When I worked with this company it was very unorganized. There was always way to much stock and the store would always be messy, and not enough room for the customers to shop in a comfortable way.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not a long enough break for hours worked
great place to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
had a lot of fun working at Ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers, and fashion is and was always my dream and Ardene is where my dream comes true.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
N/A

2.7