Ardene Employee Reviews in Canada

An okay place to work
Sales Associate/3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Ardene, but not some of the people I worked with. The management was horrible, things were not fair and there was a lot of favoritism. Certain things that should have been taking seriously were not.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Employees worked with
Do not recommend unless you are desperate for a job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 15, 2016
The only reason I stayed there is because I desperately needed money. They don't train you at all and complain for any little thing you do wrong. The dress code is extremely strict for a fashion store.
Managers and supervisors don't do **** but talking behind other coworkers back. If you're a sales associate, be prepare to do everyone else job. You only have a 30 min break ( no small breaks of 15 mins ) for an 8 hour shift. Girls who've worked longer than you at the store think they're queens and that they can treat you miserably.Most managers and supervisors are hypocrites...they're the real life version of Mean Girls. They either make you work 10 days in a row or make you don't work for 2 weeks straight. The only good thing about it is that some girls are actually really nice ( made some friends) and that when it's time to get out the garbage you can sneak out to smoke a cigarette.
Pros
Some girls are actually really nice
Cons
Everything else
Productive Work In Ardene
Key Holder, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 10, 2016
- knowing that customers appreciate the help that is given
- talking to customers letting them know that i can help and provide them with the requests they ask. (enjoyable)
Pros
learning and growing as a sales associate
Fun workplace, Friendly CoWorkers, Okay Managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 7, 2016
This job is pretty easy going. If you enjoy customer service and clothes this is the right job for you! Typically you spend your day Folding/Restocking merchandise. The Managment is okay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude Customers
Good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 5, 2016
Overall, it was a pleasure to work for this company. I am now looking for an employment where I can grow towards my ultimate goal to become a speech therapist and to expand my skill set.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High employment turnover
Pretty store to work in but too much work to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Typical duties: Unboxing and putting out new merchandise onto the sale's floor; cashiering, perform general maintenance of the merchandise
Friendly co-workers
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No wage increase
working
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working there and some days and hated it on other. I enjoyed interacting with the customer. I learned that you don't have to be a manager to bring co workers together and to help eliminate drama
Pros
meet great people
Cons
management was not always the best
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 31, 2015
If you want to be over worked and underpaid this is the job for you. Management was awful and constantly had a revolving door of employees because of it. The work itself is alright and your coworkers and customers are awesome people. Expectations are too high for such little staff. You will never get a raise, ever. The wage you start out with is the wage you are going to have forever more. If you are required to do other job duties that are not in your specific description you will not be compensated ie: doing third key and getting paid as a sales associate.
Pros
the music, customers, coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no raises
Busy Worplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work was quite busy at moments and slow at others which was good so we could catch up on clean up. I learned how to do cash. The hardest part was keeping up with keeping the store clean while it became really busy.
Fun place to work at but very disorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MBDecember 29, 2015
Great coworkers
Manager was not reliable
Very stressful environment
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the cleaning with such a big store and little staff.
Productive and friendly work enviorment with good co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 11, 2015
Working at Ardene was a great experience. I grew alot within the company, I started off as a retail cashier then moved up to third key, then assistant manager. I learned alot about management and about the scheduling, bank runs and about how to set up the store with the merchandise.
borung
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
didn't rezally like this job but I hate retail in general. everyone I worked with was really nice. the store was small. decent hours
Fun and peppy place to work. Very open minded and social.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2015
Fun and peppy place to work. Very open minded and social. Very friendly and forwards. Great place to learn vital social skills.
Gained management experience
Key holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2015
As a full-time job provided advancement throughout company, district manager frequently visited to ensure everything was in working order. Employees and consumers were generally younger, was satisfactory for the time being.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Not professional work place
Terrible Managment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBNovember 30, 2015
Managment was the worst part of this job. I started off in this job as an assistant manager, but the store manager was a dud, she has no idea how to be a manager at all. She can't run a store and make good decisions and she doesn't know how to treat her employees half the time and her customer service was probably the worst out of all the employees in the store.The district supervisor wasn't too bad but she wasn't the best. She was rude most of the time and instead of telling the employees to their face what she wanted done in the store she would write a note and leave it by the cash counter assuming everyone would read it , when she could have said somethign to each of us, as she was in our store for an entire day...
The dress code is quite nice, as you can wear what you want. But the fact you can not wear sneakers or anything comfy on your feet is just plain cruel in my opinion.
The other employees were the best part of this job. And the rare customer you got in the store that was actually appreciative that you helped them out to find what they needed. Although most employees were scared to do anything, especially at the till, without approval from the store manager or the district supervisor, because they thought they would lose their job for something silly and small. Which, in my opinion, isn't worth it. To all you part time Ardene workers, don't stress out about it, get a new job if you have to.. No part time job should stress you out that much and make you scared to lose it. Let it go.
WORST job I've ever had
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  ManitobaOctober 27, 2015
One of those jobs you get paid peanuts for working your butt off everyday, with no acknowledgment or appreciation. The management may know lots about the company, but have no clue how to manage staff (I highly doubt anyone received any training regarding that). They just don't care about their employees and it shows.

"A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation"
Pros
busy environment, good staff
Cons
bad management, low pay
Pretty store with a great manager.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
A typical day used to be busy. Had the first working experience here. Management was great. Co-workers were mostly great. Hardest part was physical pain. Helping customers with fashion was most enjoyable part.
Pros
Great manager, great co workers comfortable and fun work environment
Cons
no cons
Amazing Experience
sales associate (Former Employee) –  strathroy ontarioOctober 20, 2015
Working at ardene, was a fun work orriented place, the enviroment was fun, i loved coming into work and just doing my job.
third key
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONOctober 19, 2015
in the absence of manager, the key holder handles cash counters, collects the cash and deposit it in safe hands or in security lockers
Makes sure that all the employees are obeying the rules and regulation and are aware of the security affairs of the establishment
Pros
multitasking
Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  regina, saskatechwanOctober 6, 2015
Positive environment that promoted the use of teamwork in the workplace. Great place to expand your social skills through the interaction with customers on multiple levels.
Pros
Smooth workflow
Cons
Slow growth in company