Ardene Employee Reviews

Great balance, management respects your personal time.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 December 2016
Overall a good place to work, low stress, good team, little development opportunities so not a good starting point for the eager to learn individual.
Pros
work/lifa balance, easy tasks, reasonable time frames
Cons
little personal development, small staff
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
-They management team were great! they stood by my side and guided me step by step when necessary.

-I enjoyed learning and continuing to learn more about the fast food industry.

-Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about food and safety as I use them upon my own personal life.
Pros
Free lunches, and free take home products
Fun, Productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2017
Amazing clothing and accessories. Can be fun to work at, however some days there can be girl drama. Part Timers don't get any benefits. The discounts were GREAT!
Pros
Discounts/Nice stuff
Cons
Drama, No benefits for Part time, no bonuses (yearly)...
horrible management, and horrible coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2016
some of the rudest people i have ever met.
part of the companies priorities was to catch shoplifters, and other sales associates prided themselves on catching them (you get a ten dollar bonus).
the company does not care about anything but money, not about customers.
Good place to work if you're extremely desperate for a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 September 2016
Worked at this location for a long period of time, and it began as a great learning experience. For the most part, the employees are helpful and welcoming. The management was slightly disorganized at times, but overall wasn't bad until the previous manager resigned. The change in management really affected the staff and it just went downhill. Schedules were constantly made late, tasks weren't completed on time, and also, the dress code was ridiculously strict. Beyond that, great experience.
Pros
Great discount, good relationships between employees.
Cons
Short, unpaid break.
Wonderful place to work your way up
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB18 January 2017
I had the privilege to work at two different locations and I can honestly say it was one of the best working experiences I have had to date. Great team members, great atmosphere, lots of room to grow.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
I've learned a lot of skills working retail at Ardene's. The experience of working customer service is unique. my favorite and most important skill I've learnt extreme costumer service skills.
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 November 2016
When I worked with this company it was very unorganized. There was always way to much stock and the store would always be messy, and not enough room for the customers to shop in a comfortable way.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not a long enough break for hours worked
Great Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK28 February 2017
Loved working for this company. Learned so much more on how a business runs. Learned lot of customer service skills. Made some great relations with both my fellow staff members as well as regular customers.
Fun workplace, micromanaged
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 November 2016
Overly micromanaged by head office, doesnt allow for any interpersonal ideals or individuality, interior management was persoanable and friendly, but corporate officials were unconcerned with staff.
Horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Ardene, managers and district manager were nice and very flexible and understanding. I cannot tolerate the company it self. Horrible dress codes, too many restrictions for minor things. The company sells "trendy" and "up to date" clothing but wont let the employees wear what they are selling. confusing.

The work load is terrible, they expect us to change walls and move them from one end of the store to the other like its easy.. well its definitely not and they wouldn't know that because they're sitting down brainstorming these time wasting ideas. its frustrating when you spend a whole week on placing shoes at one place only ending up getting an email the next week telling us we have to move it to the back which we could of done in the first place to be more time consuming.

Another con to this company would be the fact that corporate managers dont see which stores have really horrible people as MANAGERS with no manners but favour them because their stores are bringing in money. All the company cares about is who makes more.
Pros
nothing
Cons
wage, no respect
Love the Ardene Team !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 March 2017
Great place to work. All staff members are lovely and enjoyable to be around. Hours can be flexible and management is typically pretty understanding. Loved working here!
stressful and not worth the pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 February 2017
A lot of work, more than one person should be able to crunch in one shift and not much (if any) team ethics. Management was not really provided along with training.
Great environment and staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador3 August 2016
Great place to work for, surrounded by amazing staff and a FANTASTIC manager. Look forward to going to work and helping customers. A lot of rude customers really make you sick of cleaning though. Really discouraging. Otherwise, I enjoy every minute of stock, floor changes, and grid reworking!! Would recommend to anyone looking for a job which you have to be responsible and be very organized, quick thinking and a people person.
Pros
Great staff, awesome clothes and discounts
Cons
Rude, messy, clueless customers, long days
great place to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
had a lot of fun working at Ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers, and fashion is and was always my dream and Ardene is where my dream comes true.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
N/A
Save yourself the stress.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
•Your coworkers will be the only reason you stay, everday is chaos
• Learned it isn't worth it
• Management is a mess
• Do yourself a favor
Save yourself.
Pros
Coworkers, discount
Cons
Essentially everything else.
freiendly staff
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2017
I love sales/ customer service and learning something new everyday.
Although it needs to be more organized to make sure customer satisfaction and sales..
Low pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC10 January 2017
Its a good place to work for if you like to work as a team.. the girls i have worked for were amazing... the really bad thing about ardene is that there is alot of favoritism...
Pros
Good team
Cons
Low pay
Great Place to Work
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2016
I have enjoyed my job with Ardene since day one. It's a great part time job with great discounts on clothing and accessories. I have zero complaints about working for the company as a part time worker, just wish there were full time positions available.
Pros
fun, social, great discounts
Cons
no full time
Good for young girls trying to find a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
fun co workers, good team, management is nice, easy to get to
originizng the clothes can be stressful but it can be fun too. Good hours. Easy work....

2.7