Ardene

Ardene Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing Experience
sales associate (Former Employee), strathroy ontarioOctober 20, 2015
Working at ardene, was a fun work orriented place, the enviroment was fun, i loved coming into work and just doing my job.
third key
Third Key Holder (Former Employee), Maple, ONOctober 19, 2015
Pros: multitasking
Cons: long hours
in the absence of manager, the key holder handles cash counters, collects the cash and deposit it in safe hands or in security lockers
Makes sure that all the employees are obeying the rules and regulation and are aware of the security affairs of the establishment
Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), regina, saskatechwanOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Smooth workflow
Cons: Slow growth in company
Positive environment that promoted the use of teamwork in the workplace. Great place to expand your social skills through the interaction with customers on multiple levels.
Great customer service experience but poor management
sales associate (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: fun coworkers and discounts
Cons: short lunches and poor management
Working at Ardene helped me gain experience with my customer service skills. A typical day at Ardene would have me responsible of the fitting rooms, where I had to open the fitting room door with a key for a customer and count how many items they had and rested by the fitting rooms for when the customer needed another size. The hours were good but not flexible once school started up.The hardest part of my job was when the pace would pick up and I had to keep my area clean meanwhile still being attended on the fitting rooms. I quit Ardene due to very poor management and because I felt mistreated and disrespected at times by the manager and the assistant manager. The manager is very rude and unprofessional. My co workers were very friendly and respectful. The only thing I enjoyed about working at Ardene was my friendly co workers.
Productive Environment at Ardene
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Positive environment
Cons: Short hours
Working at Ardene as a sales associate was a very beneficial job experience. By working there, I gained experience and knowledge in the field of advertisement, and customer assistance. The co-workers and management maintained a positive attitude allowing for a comfortable environment to improve your skills.
should hire mules instead of humans
sales (Former Employee), toronto ontSeptember 11, 2015
-Misleading job description, should state;
merchandiser, warehouse shipper/receiver, shelf stocker, sales associate with customer service skills, (phony is welcome). Would be best suited to a juggler (one who has no feelings) Robot, Donkey or mule.

-Unrealistic work load. Impossible to maintain and keep up, Staff are prone to breakdowns They blame the managers, when it is the companies fault for not having a merchandiser to help, more staff, to accommodate workload, and or divide the store changes evenly.

A more realistic way to title the next job posting......

'donkey required'
Back Breaking Slave Drivers!
Manager (Former Employee), BCSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Great discount, nice jewelry
Cons: no work life balance for any staff member, can't call in sick
I was a manager at Ardene for almost 10 years. I liked being a manager, I liked my co-workers when they stayed. There was a high turn over rate. Its a lot of work. No work life/balance, your on call 24/7. If you're sick you can't call in because they will get mad and make you get a doctors note. Can't take holidays when you want to because there is a lot of black out periods. Constant floor changes on a moments notice, which needed to be done asap during store hours. And if you are a customer you know exactly what that entails- moving tables, shoes from one end of the wall to the other etc. Boxes of stock that needed to be put out, even if there was no room left. The store was colour coded one way in the summer and would have to change the opposite way in the winter. Merchandising was an endless battle. There's almost no training hours, these girls are expected to get it right away or within 2 weeks they're fired. Ridiculous, endless rules to follow and would change whenever it would suit the company. If they didn't like you they would get rid of you one way or the other. There is NO job security what so ever. The district supervisor's are a nightmare! So mean, lazy and they gossip about everyone, even in front of the person. The reason I stayed there so long is because they bullied me in to staying, making me think I wouldn't find a job. And they don't give references. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
Lots of work, room for advancement, god-awful manager
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ON, jackson squareSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, good discounts
Cons: Terrible manager, lots of theft
Begin work, greet customers, clean zones, work like a slave for 8 hours, then go home. My location had to deal with a lot of theft and at times situations would explode and things would get dangerous. The manger I worked for could easily be the anti-Christ. She was mean and condescending and I had to quit because she made me feel stupid all the time. Even though I was promoted, I could not work for this person. She was the reason my experience at Ardene was so terrible.
It was alright
Customer service (Current Employee), KelownaSeptember 2, 2015
I enjoyed going to work, the people that I was able to work with were very friendly. I however feel that there wasn't much room to advance. The amount of pay wasn't ideal.
good people bad head office
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: good people to work with, and manager
Cons: not flexible, sneaky unapreaciative
i enjoyed the people i worked with and my manager however there's a great lack of appreciation as an employee i feel the company only cares about getting paid and doesn't care about the customer lots of the store rules were also i felt unfair dress code is conservative , no fashion, not flexible with hours for students and kinda sneaky i was hired at 13.00 i ended at 11$ cause i was returning to school. even though i was told to my face by the DM that i could keep my wages
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 26, 2015
Very productive and fun workplace. Surrounded by good co-workers and good management. I learned how to communicate with costumers on their needs. I also learned how to problem solve when a costumer was having difficulties in our store. I enjoyed every minute of working at Ardene.
Fun and wonderful
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2015
It was really fun working in Ardene because you'll find different types of customers and you'll try to get along with them. I've learned so many things especially in managing employees (co-worker) and how to become a good team leader. I was very lucky that I found a wonderful and helpful manager and supervisor.
Hated this job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Loved some of the staff
Cons: Long hours and hated the manager
This was my first retail job and i hated it. We went through two managers that were HORRIBLE. we always got so much stock. There was always drama, the supervisor did nothing to help the problem. All the manager did was gossip and talk down on people. The two managers were crazy and started unnecessary drama.They expected everyone to know everything without being taught. So many of the associates quit because of how she treated them. I didn't learn anything seeing how i wasn't taught anything. I would NOT recommend this job to anyone
fast paced enviourment, with productive management and long working hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), southland mall reginaAugust 16, 2015
it started with cleaning the stores , opening and closing of till dealing with various customers and their problems related to exchange plicy or refund... explaining them regarding the company policy, giving good customer service achieving target goals keeping store management proper. assisting store manager to stocking the merchandising. overall its a hard physical fit job
Productive and Enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Discounts, breaks
Cons: Slow business, therefore hours were cut
A typical work day included assisting customers, and completing a work task that ideally should be completed at the end of my work shift. I gained customer service skills, and gained additional cashier experience. Management and co-workers were outstanding which made the work day even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was trying to manage everything at once (i.e. assisting costumers, till, completing task, and cleaning duties). The most enjoyable part of this job was having such amazing people to work with.
Overall work experience
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Difficult customers
To be completely honest I love my job.
A typical day at work involves dealing with customers that don't give you any problems as opposed to the ones that do. I am able to keep a calm and positive attitude towards every customer that I come face to face with. I am constantly learning new things from all of my coworkers. I love my manager and assistant manager. My coworkers are all very positive and optimistic about their future with this company. All of my coworkers deal with customers in a very professional manner. The hardest part of the job is trying to distribute stock throughout the store and still manage to clean and deal with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers and getting to gain valuable life skills that will ultimately help you down the road.
Good coworkers but terrible management and expectations
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 3, 2015
Pros: 30% discount and 50% off accessories, nice coworkers
Cons: long hours without breaks, always on your feet, stressful, have to check customers bags (very unsafe at times), deal with abuse from customers.
I worked here for a good 4 months, and then I couldn't take it any longer. I really enjoyed most of my coworkers, but we would all complain daily how much we hated this job and wanted to leave. The management pressured too much on the sales associAtes, and the district manager is horrible. There is no positive motivation, only threats. They threaten to send you home if you're not overworking yourself. They never tell you good job, only criticize what you do. They also made me clock out and continue to work for free multiple times. One girl refused and they fired her. So do not work here if you don't have to, it's a lot of stress. They also play favorites.
it was ok.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 24, 2015
Pros: ok benefits, wonderful manager
Cons: miscommunication, drama etc.
my experience was alright..this was my first job,
management was really great some of my co-workers was wonderful sweet girls....our store had some drama between supervisor and third key...few miscommunication

overall though I learned a lot and accomplished few things while being there.
Mixed Feelings
Third Key (Former Employee), Ottawa ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: The people I worked with.
Cons: District manager, corporate policies
My location had a fantastic group of girls that I worked with. They became like second sisters and we all had each others back. Only problem was the district manager who was not approachable and had favorites.

One of the more stressful retail positions that I worked, and a lot of manual heavy duty lifting and labor. Constantly being watched if you were not making a sale or approaching customers trying to get them to buy more. If it was not for the girls that worked there, it would have been less enjoyable to go into work each day.
GOOD FIRST JOB
Sale associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 8, 2015
Pros: FREE PIZZAS SOMETIMES
Cons: OTHER SALE ASSOCIATE BEHAVIOR
STARTING WITH GREETING AND CUSTOMER SERVICES
BEING PUNCTUAL AND RESPONSIBLE
MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT
GOOD ATMOSPHERE
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS DIRECTED TO THE FASHION SENSE OF THE SHOP.