Ardene

Ardene Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good entry level job.
Sales associate (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 9, 2015
Good place to start in retail. Busy and a lot of merchandising involved, good to learn how to deal with customers and various other retail duties. Found them a little disorganized in management, but that was a long time ago and could have been improved. Varies from location to location.
Worst place to work
Third Key Holder (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: 30% to 50% discount
Cons: no pay increases, unpredictable hours, does not give references, under staffed, does not allow you to go back to school, does not hire men
I do not recommend working here, not even to my worst enemy.
The pay is extremely low; the lowest I've ever encountered in any retail job. Benefits are only given to Managers and Assistant Managers as – more... well as pay increases. I have only been making minimum wage for 3 years!
I will be going back to school soon, and since Ardene does not demote employees, my supervisor has asked me to quit.
I've also been informed that Ardene does not give references so working for them is entirely pointless.
I love the customers but the hours are rediculous. You are often expected to work 12 hour shift five days a week then the following month you might get 3 shifts four hour shifts a week. They care more about their wage cost then their employees. I have been asked serveral times to work late while not on the clock because they are under staffed and can't afford to pay me.
DO NOT WORK HERE! – less
great environment and fun workplace
key holder (Current Employee), waterdownMarch 8, 2015
inventory, cleaning the store floor, cash register transactions, opening and closing the store, setting store alarm
productive and full on new experience
Assistance manager (Former Employee), eglinmillsMarch 3, 2015
o Great communication abilities in order to improve financial situation
o Fully knowledgeable about Loans, Credit cards and Accounts
o Capable of analyzing sales and costs in order to meet the forecasts – more...

o Time and resource management for different projects in a fast pace environment (working with Arena Software to create supply chain management systems)
o Cost analysis and expense management in order to meet the budget
o Financial analysis

o Fully knowledgeable with all MS office software
o Created many flow charts and tables using Google Software – less
Nice workplace with music.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches, discount on the clothes.
Cons: none in particular for this job.
I would come in and count cashes. I would serve clients and fold clothes. If there were boxes that came in, a co-worker and I made sure to get most of the clothes out of the boxes and on the floors as fast as we could, Sometimes if my boss couldn't come in for the day I would open and close the store by myself.
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discounts
Hated it here, not enough hours and girls where catty. You had to mange both costumers and the tasks given to you for your shift.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch breaks and sometimes a 15 also
Cons: short shifts/ and only two people are allowed to book the same day off at a time.
Not allowed to speak to other staff unless outside of work only. But overall a great place to work. Hours get cut a lot after Christmas holiday's. But I love my job regardless. Could have trained us better when you start but it is not hard to figure out, and you can always ask for help.
Great team to work with
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort st JohnFebruary 20, 2015
i had the best team to work with and it was a good work environment for the most part. i have considered going back just as a part time employee.
Great employees
sales associate (Current Employee), toronto ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fast paced enviorment
Cons: poor working habbits
clean the floors
make sure all the clothes are folded
count the tils
put out stock if there is any read
read e-mails from head office
clean the change rooms
Productive fast-paced workplace with great advancements
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great staff
A daily work review of assisting customers with purchases, managing stock and inventory, finalizing payroll, controlling budgets through sales goals and working directly with the district manager to achieve store success.
Discriminatory management
Salesperson (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Work environment is extremely tense and catty due to problems caused by management. Impossible to get days off even months in advance. If you are sick, too bad, they will make you work anyways. Lost your voice? Too bad, you can communicate in writing to customers apparently.
productive and fun workplace
3rd key (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work is assisting customers and their needs, as well as getting stock out on the floor. my co-workers and management make it the most enjoyable place to work.
Productive and fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton & Windsor, ONJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work starts by figuring out tasks to be done. Cleaning, helping customers to the best of my ability, reorganizing merchandise, and doing stock.

The management team is always willing to – more... lend a helping hand whether it be a mundane task like moving slippers or helping deal with a difficult situation. Coworkers are all very enjoyable to work with. Positive mindsets, and team based environments have made my time with the company a great experience.

Through the last year I've learned to deal with difficult customers in a respectful and swift manner. Generally needing little to no help. – less
Trendy
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 13, 2014
Lot of stocking
MUST provide great customer service
Great co workers
The environment makes you want to show up to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MarkhamDecember 3, 2014
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: rude, self-entitled customers
Every shift is different but the people you work with make or break your experience there. If you don't enjoy the job you are at, you'll never want to show up. I had no problems balancing school and work – more... but holidays are rough because you become REQUIRED to be there. So if you are like me and have your family in another country, you can't go home for the holidays. It's retail.. It doesn't work that way. However, they are awesome when it comes to school and after the holiday "away time" or even before the black out period. – less
Horrible Experience, Bad management and organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Polo park, WinnipegNovember 27, 2014
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: everything
Day one of the job I walked in excited and ready to start a new job, the assistant manager who interviewed and hired me asked if I was there to drop off a resume. I had never felt so insulted, I began – more... my "orientation" by being put straight to work with no training at all. I was told the manager would be in later to begin "orientation". A girl who I presumed was another assistant manager barked at me for not doing stuff right and had a girl watch and make sure I did what i was told. Nobody showed me how to punch in and out, I ended up working longer than scheduled. Got in trouble for not watching the time ( I had no watch or clock to view). Their was no communication between the assistant who hired me and management, I had no idea who was the manager until I gave my resignation. It was the worst working experience i've ever encountered, I felt so unwelcome working there and will not recommend anyone work there. – less
Fun and generally fast paced enviroment
Key Holder (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: always kept busy
Cons: not enough staff to keep up a lot of the time
A typical day at Ardene involved a lot of customer interaction and merchandising. The location I was employed at was an Ardene outlet and we often received upwards of 100 boxes of stock a week and were – more... encouraged to not have anything in the back room.

My manager was a lovely energetic woman who does a great job at keeping everyone on task while always cultivating a positive environment. My co-workers and I got along perfectly and it made for a great place to go almost every day.

The hardest part of the job was always dealing with an over flow of stock or just the struggles of dealing with a customer who doesn't feel their experience has been positive. The most enjoyable part of my job was always getting to put the stock on the floor and seeing it come together, and when a customer came in and I could help them find what they needed, that was always a great feeling. – less
Productive work place
Full time, Assistant Manager (Current Employee), 369 Main streetNovember 26, 2014
We get stock every Wednesday. It's my job to organize the stock and prepare it to come out in groups. Then its ready for my co-workers and I to get them out in the store. I love all my co-workers at Ardene. The most enjoyable part would be helping out the customers and trying to find what there looking for.
Retail Fashion Industry
Customer Service Representative & Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2014
A typical day at my job would be to provide excellent customer service and making sure every customer is being looked after. If customers are happy and satisfied, the sales target is also met. Also, It's very important to maintain an organized and presentable environment. Overall, the key is to multitask in order to fulfill the needs of the retail industry.
The worst retail has to offer
Third Key Holder (Former Employee), Montreal,QcNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good discount 50% off promos, and 15% off 80% pretty worth it
Cons: literally everything else
Ardene seems like it would be an easy enough job, however getting 100+ boxes a week is a little ridiculous, especially when it is expected to be out right away. No help from supervisors. A lot of the managers – more... have been there for way too long and they are incredibly uneducated and unprofessional. If you want to get your foot into the door of retail its not a bad root to go, but you'll have your work cut out for you, if you already have worked in retail RUN the other way, because joining this company will be the worst decision of your life. – less

About Ardene

Ardène is a Canadian clothing and accessories retailer based in Montreal, Quebec. Ardène sells a variety of jewelry, – Read more