Ardene Employee Reviews in Canada

Good wages, hours, co-workers. Very busy, difficult customers.
Seasonal / Part-time Sales Associate‬ (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 23, 2016
Wages and hours are good. Have met a lot of good friends from working here, however certain policies are difficult and unrealistic. A lot of customers can be difficult, sometimes understandable, sometimes for very little reason; can be hard to deal with it.
disgusting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 5, 2016
I Personally had an awful time working for Ardenes, the management was awful. Right from the store managers to the Regional.

When I quit my manager got in a verbal fight with me and was very unprofessional about the whole situation.
Pros
45 hour lunch breaks(which you couldn't breakn up)
Cons
poor management
staff is wonderful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2016
constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor and cleaning up after customers
I've learned to have great patience
Management tries their best
staff is wonderful...I wouldn't make it through the day without them
a lot of price changes very often...lots of wall display changes and too much stock
working with my staff
Bad Management
Third Key/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 27, 2016
Bad unprofessional management. Talking to associates about the other associates.
Coworkers were generally good.
I learned that its unprofessional to ask to go home when someone in your family dies, and that you should just get your life together.
Love unpacking boxes.
good place to be
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
typical day was great, time management is key. Also communication with the customers is a big part of ARDENE. The sales associates are really great and are very enthusiastic.
Worst place to work
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2015
I do not recommend working here, not even to my worst enemy.
The pay is extremely low; the lowest I've ever encountered in any retail job. Benefits are only given to Managers and Assistant Managers as well as pay increases. I have only been making minimum wage for 3 years!
I will be going back to school soon, and since Ardene does not demote employees, my supervisor has asked me to quit.
I've also been informed that Ardene does not give references so working for them is entirely pointless.
I love the customers but the hours are rediculous. You are often expected to work 12 hour shift five days a week then the following month you might get 3 shifts four hour shifts a week. They care more about their wage cost then their employees. I have been asked serveral times to work late while not on the clock because they are under staffed and can't afford to pay me.
DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
30% to 50% discount
Cons
no pay increases, unpredictable hours, does not give references, under staffed, does not allow you to go back to school, does not hire men
Customer Service oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Ardene is customer service oriented. Team environment. Fast paced, sales environment. Management is helpful when associates need guidance.
Good to gain sales associate experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 5, 2016
I did not work with the company for long, but it was a good job. It was very simple, organizing clothes and jewelry along with engaging and promoting sales to customers.
Pros
discount on company products
Cons
not much flexibility
Having fun with fashion and accessories was encouraged.
PART-IN-CHARGE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2016
They tried to have a fun upbeat atmosphere in all their stores. The teams styles varied with each store as personalizing your style with in the bounds of the dress code was encouraged.
Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 12, 2016
It's fun to be around things i love (fashion) all day but the work could be a bit stressful sometimes.
you get amazing employee discounts.
Too strict dress code
Great way to get retail experience
Friendly management
Pros
Fashion
Cons
Low pay
Fun, love my co-workers
Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 17, 2016
I love working at Ardene - I have been there for a year and it's been one of the best jobs. I have worked at two different locations and all of my co-workers have been awesome people!
Pros
Clothing & accessories discounts
Not very productive and not very fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 20, 2016
-What I learned was to work as a cash register which I found very useful
-I also learned how to cope with customers which I found very easy
Pros
Many breaks
Cons
The work environment
An okay place to work
Sales Associate/3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Ardene, but not some of the people I worked with. The management was horrible, things were not fair and there was a lot of favoritism. Certain things that should have been taking seriously were not.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Employees worked with
very organized, and stricked
Sales Clerk (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Working at Ardenes was my first job, and i felt like i didn't fit in. The management was awesome, but there rules were very strick ex. dress code.
Pros
nice people i worked with
Cons
very stricked, and one way
Fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 28, 2016
Customer service is always number one. Multi tasking is important in this job as it is very busy and there is a lot of stock to keep on top of. This job is ideal for someone who has excellent organizational skills.
Challenging and fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 6, 2016
Management was very understanding and trained me well, and I was well prepared for the tasks assigned to me. I looked forward going to work, and liked working with my coworkers.
Great customer service experience but poor management
sales associate (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, mbSeptember 23, 2015
Working at Ardene helped me gain experience with my customer service skills. A typical day at Ardene would have me responsible of the fitting rooms, where I had to open the fitting room door with a key for a customer and count how many items they had and rested by the fitting rooms for when the customer needed another size. The hours were good but not flexible once school started up.The hardest part of my job was when the pace would pick up and I had to keep my area clean meanwhile still being attended on the fitting rooms. I quit Ardene due to very poor management and because I felt mistreated and disrespected at times by the manager and the assistant manager. The manager is very rude and unprofessional. My co workers were very friendly and respectful. The only thing I enjoyed about working at Ardene was my friendly co workers.
Pros
fun coworkers and discounts
Cons
short lunches and poor management
Friendly work place, encouraging atmosphere, professional
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONApril 8, 2016
It was a very positive environment with great people. Always a task to do, and the shifts went by very fast. All in all a very good work experience.
Pros
Friendly staff
cashier/customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 6, 2016
operated cash and conducted customer transactions,advised customers on product choice, stocked shelves and inventory the products ,balanced till.
working
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working there and some days and hated it on other. I enjoyed interacting with the customer. I learned that you don't have to be a manager to bring co workers together and to help eliminate drama
Pros
meet great people
Cons
management was not always the best

2.7