Ardene Employee Reviews

Ardene
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
It was okay hated the work. and the customers that shopped there were not nice. they dont pay you enough for the amount of time and energy you put into that store
Good for young girls trying to find a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
fun co workers, good team, management is nice, easy to get to
originizng the clothes can be stressful but it can be fun too. Good hours. Easy work....
I love the job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2017
The staff make it pleasing to come to work everyday. They are passionate about serving the customers that shop there each day !
Great working environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Great working environment, therefore gives you a chance to grow with in the company and Career. You learn new things. Company makes you feel comfortable. Best part is setting up the visual, being able to see the new ideas and trends and to be apart of it.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
Over all I looked forward to going to work everyday. Every employer was very kind. I learnt a lot about how to deal with customers as well as what to do if you saw someone stealing. The hardest part about the job was probably knowing someone was going to steal but not knowing how to approach him or her.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Only seasonal
Productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 February 2017
A typical day in the retail force is never quite entertaining. I learned great customer service skills, but I also learned not all managers are respectable. My manager was a horrible person to work with, I've even had customers complain about her attitude in the workplace.
She was a nasty person and how she became a manager is beyond me. Hardest part of the job was all the anxiety i had whenever that woman was in.

Most enjoyable part of that job was going home at the end of the day.
Pros
nice customers.
Cons
Manager
Ok
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
It is an okay first job, not as fun as it would seem, it was easy to learn, staff was friendly and accepting. management was okay.
It was a fun place to work with learning opportunities every day
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 February 2017
There was always things to do to keep busy,there was never boredom. I really learned how to train my staff in different ways due to the diversity of staff and got to know boundaries of who could deal with different scenarios and when others needed to step in. It was a very enjoyable experience for me I learned a lot about myself and how I work.
Pros
Advancement and bonuses
Cons
It was to far for me to continue working there
Great work environment, super fun fashion and lots of room for advancement
Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 February 2017
I got the privilege to work with some amazing people over my 11 career at Ardene. I've also worked every position from part-time all the way up to manager. Therefore, there's a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a fun environment, one also that changes frequently. Fashion is all about keeping up with the trends. I would say the hardest part for me, was the amount of physical labour. I had a smaller staff, the assistant manager and I were the only full-time employees, so sometimes it got to be very tiresome. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Great bonus awarded for hard work
Cons
Long hours standing on your feet
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
I've learned a lot of skills working retail at Ardene's. The experience of working customer service is unique. my favorite and most important skill I've learnt extreme costumer service skills.
productive
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 January 2017
boring and they failed to tell the details abot the job and didnt inform me when i was going to be let go. also failing to pay me properly and on time
Must be Dedicated!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
A typical day at work, if new, would be greeting customers, especially at the Portage Place location, and you would have to greet every single customer that comes through the door. If you're shy, or are a bit of an introvert, I suggest you practice talking to a lot more people, because this job is a lot more than folding clothes and looking pretty, ESPECIALLy at the Portage Place location.

I've found that in order to do this job, you have to be one step ahead of the management. What this means is, you have to be able to do things without being told to do them, and if management comes around asking if you've done such and such, your answer should always be yes.

The people working at Ardene, at any location, are really friendly, and easy to talk to, so asking for help shouldn't be difficult, even if you are really shy. Make sure when you ask for help from your coworkers, it's still in line with what management expects from you.

Management at each branch may want to do things a little differently in terms of the way you greet customers or the way you go about your job, but it's not hard getting used to the different management styles as long as you keep an open mind and remind yourself that it's not personal.

The hardest part of the job, I think, is the keeping everything tidy part, and the fact that they're allowed to change your schedule up to a day before your due for a shift. One day you'll look online at your schedule and it will say you have a shift four days from now on a saturday, and then you'll check the next day and it'll say you have a shift the next
  more... day.

There's room for growth at Ardene, like, you could be working there for 8 months to a year and then be up for a position as a Third Key Holder, and then by the second year you're there, you could be up for Assistant Manager. It really depends on you how the job experience will go.
Pros
Eventful, Get to work with clothes.
Cons
Long hours, Changing schedules up to a day before
Wonderful place to work your way up
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB18 January 2017
I had the privilege to work at two different locations and I can honestly say it was one of the best working experiences I have had to date. Great team members, great atmosphere, lots of room to grow.
Productive and fun wrokplace with co-workers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2017
Working at Ardene was fun and hardworking.

My typical day was having customer service toward customers, and maintaining work area in a neat and tidy fashion.

I learned many things like teamwork, and having patience.

My co-workers were friendly but a few of them were ok.
Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
1. Constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor, cleaning up after customers, managing the till and customer complaints
2. I've learned to have great patience
3. Management try their best to provide customer satisfaction
4. Very friendly staff
5. Lots of price changes very often and wall display changes. Way too much stock. Very poor salary for the amount of work put in
6. Working with my staff
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Low pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC10 January 2017
Its a good place to work for if you like to work as a team.. the girls i have worked for were amazing... the really bad thing about ardene is that there is alot of favoritism...
Pros
Good team
Cons
Low pay
Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
I love this job and I work with wonderful people but the salary is poor and too may people work where i work so the hours are slim to none.
freiendly staff
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2017
I love sales/ customer service and learning something new everyday.
Although it needs to be more organized to make sure customer satisfaction and sales..
Great balance, management respects your personal time.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 December 2016
Overall a good place to work, low stress, good team, little development opportunities so not a good starting point for the eager to learn individual.
Pros
work/lifa balance, easy tasks, reasonable time frames
Cons
little personal development, small staff
Limited opportunities for advancement, Stressful
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2016
Either you work crazy hours or none at all, don't value the employees and have no regard for their safety as most stores don't have security personnel. I work steady hours so at least I have that going for me.
Pros
Steady hours for management, acceptable employee discount
Cons
Really bad at taking care of employees, will do anything just for profit

2.7