Ardene Employee Reviews

Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCSeptember 29, 2016
Ardene was my first job. I have worked there for about 2 years and it was a great learning experience. I learned how to use the cashier, ship, label and receive and really talk to customers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/A
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Slow during the week, fast pace during weekends. Always cleaning tables and store. co workers are very laid back. overall nice place to work no complaints
Poor Management & Little Training
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKSeptember 15, 2016
I was job searching 3 days after getting my position at Ardene's. My manager was very green, had poor people skills, was impatient while "training" me and left me to figure out a lot of my responsibilities. When I asked questions, she rolled her eyes and/or was frustrated.

She was quick to point fingers if I made a mistake, even contacting me after work hours to correct me. She would do so in front of customers which is very unprofessional.

She also dismissed me without cause even though I worked hard during my shifts.

The back room for employees was disgusting and I never stayed there to eat. There was no respect for others belongings either.

The only positive was some of the girls I worked with were quite friendly and open to helping me learn the ropes.

I encourage you to read reviews of Ardene's before accepting employment. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Pros
Some co-workers were friendly. Regular paycheque.
Cons
See review.
Great Place to Work
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 12, 2016
I have enjoyed my job with Ardene since day one. It's a great part time job with great discounts on clothing and accessories. I have zero complaints about working for the company as a part time worker, just wish there were full time positions available.
Pros
fun, social, great discounts
Cons
no full time
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCSeptember 10, 2016
Loved this job and the ladies I worked with it was a great experience. Hardest part was constantly cleaning up after everyone all the time, people just aren't the nicest.
Pros
Everyone helps each other out
Cons
Working long days
Good place to work if you're extremely desperate for a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABSeptember 5, 2016
Worked at this location for a long period of time, and it began as a great learning experience. For the most part, the employees are helpful and welcoming. The management was slightly disorganized at times, but overall wasn't bad until the previous manager resigned. The change in management really affected the staff and it just went downhill. Schedules were constantly made late, tasks weren't completed on time, and also, the dress code was ridiculously strict. Beyond that, great experience.
Pros
Great discount, good relationships between employees.
Cons
Short, unpaid break.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONSeptember 5, 2016
great work atmosphere, kind and understanding management. great team to work around. became a family during the summer, had potlucks to enjoy the time there
Great staff and cheery environment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 24, 2016
I had lots of fun working here, never mind that our location was closing. It was still a great place to work at, since the training was pretty well done and the people there were great to work with.
Relaxed and enjoyable retail experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 18, 2016
Supervisors and staff provide and overall positive experience. Great staff discount and plenty of room for advancement. Its has been many years though, since my time there....
Horrid Company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brandon ManitobaAugust 16, 2016
I've worked for this company for just short of a year and today I got fired. I got an infraction last week for the stupidest little things and was given two weeks to "fix my attitude or get out" as my district manager told me, and not even two weeks later, she fires me. The reason I got fired, as on my termination notice, is that I went home sick without manager approval. I'd outlasted many many staff members at my particular store. Always under staffed, way over stocked, getting 100+ boxes of stock per week, this company is a joke. Maybe as a start to retail it'd be okay, but I'd never ever suggest this company to anyone to work for. Management has no experience and doesn't know what they're doing, discrimination is horrid and prominent, breaks often aren't given if an employee isn't working their hardest and the pay is horrible. Don't go work for them.
Dont
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2016
unless you want to be miserable don't bother applying here. Not worth it, unless its your first job, it can build experience
Great environment and staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and LabradorAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work for, surrounded by amazing staff and a FANTASTIC manager. Look forward to going to work and helping customers. A lot of rude customers really make you sick of cleaning though. Really discouraging. Otherwise, I enjoy every minute of stock, floor changes, and grid reworking!! Would recommend to anyone looking for a job which you have to be responsible and be very organized, quick thinking and a people person.
Pros
Great staff, awesome clothes and discounts
Cons
Rude, messy, clueless customers, long days
what I loved about working with new retail for me.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 28, 2016
I make sure I'm on time shelves and shoes are in the proper place its a must for me. Learnt summer is light and winter is dark clothing, but everyone I worked with I enjoy their company what makes my day better at the end of my shift.
Pros
Meeting and working with new people.
multitasking with stock and customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 27, 2016
working as a assistant manager at ardene i have learned new things like beating our sales everyday making sure what our goal is to beat last years sales. having more responsibilities when dealing with agrivating customers. making sure your staff is working as a team and completing all tasks like stock. And making sure they are all helping customers.
Pros
getting bonus on your pay each month if u beat your sales target
Cons
doing stock during the day and helping customers at the same time
Bad Management
Third Key/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 27, 2016
Bad unprofessional management. Talking to associates about the other associates.
Coworkers were generally good.
I learned that its unprofessional to ask to go home when someone in your family dies, and that you should just get your life together.
Love unpacking boxes.
Not a very pleasant place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 27, 2016
i didn't work there to long but the time I spent there I'll never get back. The mangers overall very pretty much as bad as the employees. The way they all bad mouthed one another was appalling. It was like working with a bunch of children. (Actually that's a lie children are probably more well behaved).
Cons
Good wages, hours, co-workers. Very busy, difficult customers.
Seasonal / Part-time Sales Associate‬ (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 23, 2016
Wages and hours are good. Have met a lot of good friends from working here, however certain policies are difficult and unrealistic. A lot of customers can be difficult, sometimes understandable, sometimes for very little reason; can be hard to deal with it.
Would not work here.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 19, 2016
Probably one of the worst companies to work for, they don't care about you or what's going on in your life. They expect you to be available 24/7 no matter what.
The manger will always be in the back room doing who knows what, but god forbid you to go to the back room to grab a drink or go to the washroom.
If the phone rings, don't even try to answer it because one of the mangers will try and say it's "head office, or the district manager" when really it's a personal phone call.
don't even try to take off work because you'll get denied because "not enough people can cover your shift"
if you ever get written up expect your breach of policy paper to come in a month, because it takes a month to "fill out"

I mean if you like to be treated like your 5 years old this job is perfect for you.
Oh and your manager might look through your purse while your working to make sure your phone isn't gone.
Pros
Ablosulty nothing
Cons
Pretty much everything, management, can't work around your schedule.
Terrible Experience
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJuly 14, 2016
They barely take any time to train but are very quick to point out what a person is doing wrong. I didn't last even through my probation period I got so fed up with arriving only to be criticized and told everything I was doing was wrong I quit. I don't recommend this placement for a first job or you if take longer to become accustomed to new responsibilities or to a new environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible Training Procedures
Love fashion, but change in managers made it not a fun place to work anymore
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJuly 9, 2016
Ardene was a great place to work, full of fashion and great people. Recently the store has become under new management and it turned to mood of the whole store around. The Lloydminster location just is not for me anymore, the new management hired all new employees and going to work in an unhappy environment is not what i want anymore. I did very much enjoy it before the new management.
Pros
Fashion, Interacting with customers, great co-workers
Cons
New management

2.7