Ardene Employee Reviews

Low pace environment
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
Once you work in here, you are not just a sales associate , you will also be in charge of the windows merchandise, as they do not have visual managers, you are also the stock person , cashier, and also a cleaner!!
Environnement de travail agréable
Gerante (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC13 May 2017
Je travaille pour ardene depuis plusieurs années et j'adore sa mais je crois qu'il y a encore de l'amélioration a faire côté salaire ainsi que les assurances maladies.
Pros
Très bonne esprit d'équipe
Cons
Assurance maladie
Unprofessional Management, Great Benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 May 2017
The employee discount is very decent, and they are very flexible with scheduling but at the same time very cheap on hours. Management at many locations is very unprofessional and rude, beyond anything I have seen at any other company.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
No hours
Productive and energetic work place.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 May 2017
Very fun place to work; fast paced and lovely working with customers. great vibe and easily complete tasks given with help of coworkers. Boss was easy going and understanding.
Productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 May 2017
My experience with Ardene was a good experience. Knowing how a workplace really works, each day there would be areas to work in, learning to use/handle the cash register, and over all helping customers.
Pros
Employee discounts.
Cons
Short breaks.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 May 2017
A typical day included: counting tills, customer service, putting product out.

Learned how to put product out onto sales floors, work longer days

Management abused their role.

Hardest part of the job: sometimes would have to work 12 hour days all in a row.

Enjoyed: working with clothing and helping customers finding what suited their needs most.
Best work experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 May 2017
Managers were extremely helpful and fun to be around, customers were incredibly kind, and training was extremely easy to catch on to. The other employees were a pleasure to be around. Although a seasonal position, I would have loved to stick around longer just to have such solid management/coworkers.
Pros
Lunch breaks, reasonable pay, amazing hours, best manager I've worked with
Productive and a nice enviroment to be in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2017
I was able to learn how to use till and make my customer service improve. Although there was a lack of time managing skills and lack of managing tasks.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Lack of time managment
sdfdydhfhf
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK3 May 2017
opened and closed the store , set out stock , cleaned up end of shift , supervised other workers , worked the till , counted tills befoere and after shifts
great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  yorkgate mall1 May 2017
Meeting the customers who walk through the door and helping them in every way we can is of course our first priority. This means finding the perfect outfit for them, or even custom ordering whatever meets their needs.
Équipe de travail agréable
Commis aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Foy, QC29 April 2017
Les heures d'ouverture sont correcte,
L'entreprise permet de se développer,
Beaucoup de travail physique (boîtes)
Pros
Équipe de travail
Cons
Courtes pauses
Hate/Love relationship
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 April 2017
Ardene as a company does not value their lower positioned employees, sales associates in particular are expected to meet very high standards for minimal pay. If they fail to meet these expectations they are quickly lectured or even may notice a shortage of hours for the upcoming work week due to the failure of work. Therefore in order to keep about 25 hours or more a week you have to work your butt off no matter what.

Additionally, expect to dress like a nun because the dress code for employees is ridiculous. Never knew a shoulder or a little leg could ever offend customers as much as they make it seem like. Do not even think of coloring your hair either because they will have something to say about that as well.
Pros
Fair employee discounts
Cons
Poor employee dress codes, very little mutual respect, VERY HIGH expectations, limited amount of facial piercings and visible tattoos
ok work environment, not good pay or benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS25 April 2017
Ardene is an alright place to work. You do not receive benefits and you only work minimum wage, so it's only a good job if you are a student or just want some extra cash on the side.
Great Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS16 April 2017
A day at Ardene typically included working on cash, and stocking up and organizing the store. Everything was colour coded so that was a little tedious, but it keeps you busy throughout the day. We also had to take care of tasks such as cleaning, and returning clothes from the change rooms. My coworkers and managers were awesome and we all got along for the most part. I enjoy retail and I like the products at Ardene, so it was a great place to work.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Occasional drama
Fun Fast Paced Job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 April 2017
Lots of stock, and always something to do. Maintaining an Ardene store is not easy work, so you have to be physically capable. Everyone I met through this job was amazing, from store associates to the Regional Manager.
Environnement de travail actif et diversifié.
Conseillère à la vente (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 April 2017
Emploi interressant pour les étudiants mais très peu payant.
Pros
permet de touchers a plusieurs tâches au cours d'une même journée (conseillere de mode, caissière, préposé à l'étalage et autre) donc divertissant.
Cons
Salaire minimum avec difficulter d'augmentation.
Not a bad place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON11 April 2017
Ardene provides a good work environment for those who like challenging employment, that is always changing. I overall enjoy my job, however I feel as though the pay is inadequate, and as a manager, you're unable to properly do your job. Head office is very disorganized. Work/ Life balance is very poor. The dress code is very fickle, and is hard for anybody to properly adhere to.
Pros
Fun, Challenging, Easy
Cons
Poor Hours, inadequate pay, no room for advancement
Environnement de travail très agréable
Associée aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC7 April 2017
Il y a toujours présence d'une belle esprit d'équipe et c'est toujours agréable d'aller y travailler
fun depending on the coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 April 2017
Just a horrible experience. The manager often did nothing but try on clothes and take selfies and abandon us without advising us she would be leaving the store.
Cons
horrible management
Unproductive, mentally and physically draining
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2017
I found as an employee at Ardene that there's not enough to do during long hours. I found myself standing around half the time because there just wasn't any work that needed to be done. Although my employees were fun to work with, I still came home after every shift feeling worn out and annoyed.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, unproductive, on feet all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8