Ardene

Ardene Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and productive work place, with great co-workers and management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 12, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, always something to do, fair break times
Cons: always on your feet, messy customers
A typical day at Ardene would involve, clocking in, checking the daily duties, find a task to do/do the task assigned to you, and finish it as fast and as neatly as possible, all while maintaining the store, and ensuring customers are being greeted, and helped with all enquiries.

I learned many valuable skills, such as efficiently multitasking, how – more... to provide great customer service, and enjoying what challenges the day may bring.

Management was full of wonderful and admirable women, who would have no problem showing you the right and fun way to do things. They were easy to approach with any issues or questions I may have had, and I feel as though the connections I made with them were positive and strong.

My co-workers were also amazing women who made the day better by being so easy going, and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining the store. Sometimes you get so caught up finishing a task, or helping a customer, you don't notice the condition of the store. This is easily fixable, by taking breaks from your task to tidy, or if you notice something isn't in its place, take the time to fix it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers. Nothing makes the day go by faster, than putting outfits together for the customer, and up-selling items that match with their desired look. I loved spending time ensuring they received exactly what they were looking for plus a little something extra that they didn't know they wanted, until I pointed it out! – less
Busy, Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at Ardene included; Maintaining store cleanliness, Approaching customers in a friendly professional manner, Engaging conversations with costumers, Putting together outfits for unsure costumers, Putting out back stock, Cash auditing every time there was a new cashier, Answering questions and costumer concerns.
Ardene was a very fast paced – more... environment, very costumer service oriented.
I enjoyed working with the ladies at Ardene, they were all very kind. – less
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2014
Pros: good environment
Customer service, Stock and Merchandising.
Amazing co-workers. Management is good
Chaos
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: dicounts
Cons: bad management
a typical day is filled with lack of communication and upper management placing the blame on each other. i only learned new ways to approach customers.
not the best job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONMarch 5, 2014
manager was really difficult to work with, mean and unsympathetic.
other co-workers had trouble getting along with manager as well.
co-workers were nice and helpful to others.

fun job when dealing with clothes and stocking and the customers.
would of been a better work environment if manager was friendly.
Exciting experience working with multicultural individuals
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: 50% discounts for employees
Cons: long hours
Opening and closing the store, setting up displays and maintaining the cashier. Friendly atmosphere with great costumers.
Fun job , Great People
Sales Consultant/ Cashier (Former Employee), Yarmouth, NSMarch 1, 2014
- cleaned up the store , made sure every customer left happy and satisfied with my service.

- I learned you cant always please everyone but as long as you try that's all that matters.

- great management , treated everyone equal and worked extremely hard.

- co-workers at ardene were the best to be around , had a great relationship with them!

- the – more... hardest part of the job was when the store was packed full of merchandise and head office would send more and more boxes and we had no where to put them.

- And most enjoyable , well overall the experience of the job was amazing and wouldn't change a thing. – less
Small, and very unorganized.
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: first job
Cons: unorganized
I was taught to pierce ears and put away stock. Properly package stock to ship out, and counting the till and depositing money.
Amazing co-worker, fun place to work at.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great first job experience
Cons: hours (part-time shift work)
Great place to start working/first job. Not the best work hours as it is part time shift work that is constantly changing.
Productive workplace
Third Key Holder (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: the pay rate compared to the amount of work
Working at Ardene was a typical retail job. I had various responsibilities such as opening and closing the store, delegating tasks to employees and making sure employees followed store policies.
Fun, exiting work environment with busy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: meeting lots of knew people
Cons: no raises
What I like most about this company is that they promote internally rather than external so there is always room to advance. The hardest part of the job is to not have too much fun. It is easy to grow close to your fellow employees and being the fun, bubbly person I am I have to always be professional. It is okay to have fun once in a while but i keep – more... a balance. A daily work day includes putting out a fresh delivery of stock to keep the sales floor fully stocked as well as maintaining 100% customer service to our customers. Some days are hard but I really do enjoy the challenge. I work quite well in a busy environment and don't seem to get overwhelmed very easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the store being as busy as it is, I meet a lot of intersting customers. I love talking with people and get to know them as "people" rather than just "customers" and they are pleased when they return to the store that I remember them. This makes my day a lot brighter because I know my customer service is a success when they smile. – less
Worst management team.
sales associate (Former Employee), 429- Danforth, TorontoFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: not hard
Cons: boring, poor management styles
Poorly trained so they themselves cannot train other's well. Horrible at communication with customers and staff. I had an extremely rude and condescending manager so RUN from Ardene @ VP/Danforth in Toronto. I was not trained on cash or anything else for that matter, taught myself by shadowing. Was terminated two days before my three month probation – more... was done because on one occasion i forgot my name tag due to a situation which was out of my control (Which apparently means you can not work) and it didn't matter that i never missed a shift before or that i had a valid reason. Work environment is fine, co-workers vary. Hardest part about the job was going 8 hours with nothing to really do but talk to the few customers and roam up and down the store tidying the very little mess there was. – less
-.-
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with some of the girls
Cons: manager was not professional
- pretty laid back job, gained lots of customer service skills
-assistant manager was the greatest (she should of been manager)
-Manager was immature and unprofessional.
its a fun place to work and I think I would like the customers.
cashier.or floor. (Former Employee), kanata.February 8, 2014
Pros: lunches breack is good
Cons: i'm ok with long hours.
I think my review went good...I get along with other team members.I work hard. I try go finish my work.when finish my work I would help others. And the best is that I make my customers happy.
Worst company ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Cons: everything
I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. The management sucks. The district manager is awful. They change the rules and make rules up as they go. They don't care about anyone. Their bullies and are very inconsistent. They write you up for every little thing you do. DO NOT APPLY!
It was fun nd very productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: 10% off food in the food court
Cons: doing the return backs
when i use to work at ardenes i would have full responsibility of running the store handling cash nd cleaning duties.
it was a small store but it was very fast nd my co workers were socialable nd made me feel comfortable in the work area.
great workplace, fun environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: employee discount, reasonable hours, trendy clothing
Cons: bad location, few customers and lots of down time
put out merchandise, help customers find items, process sales, tidy store.
everyday was different, looked forward to seeing new clothes, very enjoyable job
Productive, easy to learn and navigate tasks.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dawson CreekJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: discounts, decent wage
Cons: staff drama
Staff was friendly for the first little while, and then started with the drama. Talked behind your back, singled you out and treated you like a door mat. You got more done if you sent off by yourself, and the management pushed for customer service, but never helped any customers themselves. For the first little while they give you your discount, then – more... they stop. – less
The staff is easy to get along with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: excellent staff discounts
Cons: no christmas parties
A typical day at Ardene you would have your slow days and then other days it would be busy
I have learned that customers are the number one priority at Ardene
The Management is great
The co-workers are easy to get along with
The hardest part is working under pressure
The most enjoyable part working at Ardene is the staff discounts
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Good place to work. It's nice helping customers, and great getting to know the regulars.

1 2 3

About Ardene

Ardène is a Canadian clothing and accessories retailer based in Montreal, Quebec. Ardène sells a variety of jewelry, – Read more