Ardene

Ardene Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sold clothing and piercings.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABJuly 22, 2014
Pros: clothes 15% off accessory's 50% off
Learned how to do ear piercings, and stock/rotate clothing for sales. Had a very childish atmosphere and management was just as childish. The only fun part about working there was doing piercings, however the rest of the time you stood around and waited to see if you could find someone shoplifting because there's no cameras and you get a bonus for finding – more... someone stealing. – less
Good atmosphere with great coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 21, 2014
Making sure weekly stock was put out and presented and a timely fashion was the number one priority each and every day. Everyone worked together to make sure we accomplished this goal to the best of our abilities every week. Customer service was just as important and we worked as a team to create a friendly atmosphere not just for the customers but – more... ourselves. We all enjoyed coming into work for our shifts. – less
management was poor and unprofessional
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 16, 2014
Things were talked about that were personal on the floor with customers around and when someone did or asked for time off for schooling or things negative things were said and the room went bad
I love this company.
Cashier and Merchandising (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJuly 11, 2014
I love working with this company. I come to work excited to be there and love merchandising. Helping customers is one of my favorite parts of the job. My coworkers and superiors are always willing to lend a hand.
Lot of knowledge gained and excellent workplace
Manager (Current Employee), calgaryJune 2, 2014
Massive amounts of customer service experiences. Very helpful when it comes to learning and wanting to grow in their company. They have lots of opportunities.
It is a nice place to work at. The coworkers make it worth it all because of the teamwork.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2014
One day our store was expecting our head office manager to come and see how things go. When she got there, she treated us as if we had absolutely no idea what we were doing, and changed and misplaced everything in the store claiming to be helping. Our Store manager was so mad with her behavior toward us and swore to write about her to the big boss and – more... said "I would rather lose this job than to see my employees being treated that way."
Those are the kind of moments that make the hardest parts of the Job like rude customers or overconfident bosses seem like only a small problem about the Job and inspires someone to be a better person and the best employee they can be. – less
Bad management
3rd Key (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Not worth your time, the company is very poorly run, they are cheap and make sure their employees know they are all expendable.
Fun environment with great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BridgewaterMay 13, 2014
Stocking the newest inventory, assisting customers and building bonds with fellow co-workers. A very low stress work place.
Fun place to work
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 12, 2014
Fun place for any fashion oriented young girl to work. Great discount on merchandise.
Wasn't So great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Yorkton, SKMay 11, 2014
Didn't like it when my shifts were changed and I wasn't notifed. Would of like to be notified at least 24hours max or 4hours min. Didnt learn anything really at all, everyone was kind of slacking off with training and rushing everything without explaining it.
if you get a great staff you'll be ok
Manager (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaMay 7, 2014
Pros: the girls i managed were awesome, part of the reason i stayed so long
Cons: upper management, no raises, no support from anyone other than yourself
Never saw my district manager ever!! When I called her she never called back to respond to my questions. Never had a raise in the 3 years I've been there. Rules change a lot, sometimes without your knowledge and you are faced with the consequences. Not a great place to advance. Great for young students in their teens who want a shift here or there.
Great place for young people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: co-workers, manager, & discounts
Cons: $$
Ardene is a good place to work at.

Awesome co-workers and manager
Great start out company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Dealt with customers
Inventory
Created schedules
Cashier duties
Fun people to work with, very friendly environment.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Markham,ONApril 22, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: very busy area
Typical day at work would be, putting out stock, helping customer's, and making sure the store stays clean.

I have learned lots in the passed year, like color order, closing and opening, what it takes to be the best manager and how to gain the most respect.

The best co-workers you could ever ask for.

Hardest part keeping shoes clean.

best part watching – more... customers walking unhappy and putting a smile on their face and knowing you made someones day that much better. – less
Fun and productive work place, with great co-workers and management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 12, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, always something to do, fair break times
Cons: always on your feet, messy customers
A typical day at Ardene would involve, clocking in, checking the daily duties, find a task to do/do the task assigned to you, and finish it as fast and as neatly as possible, all while maintaining the store, and ensuring customers are being greeted, and helped with all enquiries.

I learned many valuable skills, such as efficiently multitasking, how – more... to provide great customer service, and enjoying what challenges the day may bring.

Management was full of wonderful and admirable women, who would have no problem showing you the right and fun way to do things. They were easy to approach with any issues or questions I may have had, and I feel as though the connections I made with them were positive and strong.

My co-workers were also amazing women who made the day better by being so easy going, and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining the store. Sometimes you get so caught up finishing a task, or helping a customer, you don't notice the condition of the store. This is easily fixable, by taking breaks from your task to tidy, or if you notice something isn't in its place, take the time to fix it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers. Nothing makes the day go by faster, than putting outfits together for the customer, and up-selling items that match with their desired look. I loved spending time ensuring they received exactly what they were looking for plus a little something extra that they didn't know they wanted, until I pointed it out! – less
Busy, Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at Ardene included; Maintaining store cleanliness, Approaching customers in a friendly professional manner, Engaging conversations with costumers, Putting together outfits for unsure costumers, Putting out back stock, Cash auditing every time there was a new cashier, Answering questions and costumer concerns.
Ardene was a very fast paced – more... environment, very costumer service oriented.
I enjoyed working with the ladies at Ardene, they were all very kind. – less
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2014
Pros: good environment
Customer service, Stock and Merchandising.
Amazing co-workers. Management is good
Chaos
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: dicounts
Cons: bad management
a typical day is filled with lack of communication and upper management placing the blame on each other. i only learned new ways to approach customers.
not the best job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONMarch 5, 2014
manager was really difficult to work with, mean and unsympathetic.
other co-workers had trouble getting along with manager as well.
co-workers were nice and helpful to others.

fun job when dealing with clothes and stocking and the customers.
would of been a better work environment if manager was friendly.
Exciting experience working with multicultural individuals
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: 50% discounts for employees
Cons: long hours
Opening and closing the store, setting up displays and maintaining the cashier. Friendly atmosphere with great costumers.

1 2 3 4

About Ardene

Ardène is a Canadian clothing and accessories retailer based in Montreal, Quebec. Ardène sells a variety of jewelry, – Read more