Ardene Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, fun, and rewarding!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
Fast-paced fun and rewarding! I am a currently a manager at Ardene. Hi volume high output makes this a fast paced and challenging role, but I always feel supported by upper management and by my team, I enjoy the team of people I work with and feel a sense of ownership in my store. Having experience with other retailers, I feel this was a great choice and a perfect fit!
Pros
Great product, team work, fun environment, good support system
Cons
More training tools needed
Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
1. Constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor, cleaning up after customers, managing the till and customer complaints
2. I've learned to have great patience
3. Management try their best to provide customer satisfaction
4. Very friendly staff
5. Lots of price changes very often and wall display changes. Way too much stock. Very poor salary for the amount of work put in
6. Working with my staff
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
I worked in ardene it's basically labour with minimum pay. They make you do so much and the job security is very low they can fire you at any time. Furthermore they are mean and don't care about new employees if you are the quiet and shy type don't work there cause they want a playful person . I was fired cause I was shy and dint really make a lot of friends with my coworkers even thought I did the work very very well. I asked them why they fired me they could not come up with a good answer. Basically Do Not Work In Ardene
Limited opportunities for advancement, Stressful
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2016
Either you work crazy hours or none at all, don't value the employees and have no regard for their safety as most stores don't have security personnel. I work steady hours so at least I have that going for me.
Pros
Steady hours for management, acceptable employee discount
Cons
Really bad at taking care of employees, will do anything just for profit
Very fun place to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 October 2016
I had a lot of fun working at ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers but I didn't agree with a lot of the company policies. I worked there for a year and a half and was always told that my hard work was appreciated but when I asked for a raise I was denied. I continued to work hard and never received the raise I was told I would get after 1 year.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Upper management was strict and often unreasonable
Worst experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2016
Do NOT work here. Manager was very rude and unprofessional when I had to quit and even hung up on me. They do not care about you and they were not willing to co-operate with hours since I had another job and I'm still struggling to get my last pay weeks later. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Worst job experience of my life.
Cons
Moderately pased, friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
A day at ardene typically includes helping out customers with their buying needs, cleaning and making sure the store looks presentable. the staff is nice and everyone gets along. the most difficult part of this job is that some customers do not respect the store, resulting in huge messes being made.
Pros
15% discount
Poor Management
Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
Work is alright, Management in store could use some work. Unorganized with scheduling and very unprofessional. I love my co-workers they are part of why I stay there but other than that I wouldn't stay for the work load they give us with the minimum pay. Worked there almost 2 year with a poor raise after working 18 months.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
-They management team were great! they stood by my side and guided me step by step when necessary.

-I enjoyed learning and continuing to learn more about the fast food industry.

-Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about food and safety as I use them upon my own personal life.
Pros
Free lunches, and free take home products
Cons
Productive and fun wrokplace with co-workers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2017
Working at Ardene was fun and hardworking.

My typical day was having customer service toward customers, and maintaining work area in a neat and tidy fashion.

I learned many things like teamwork, and having patience.

My co-workers were friendly but a few of them were ok.
Good place to work if you're extremely desperate for a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 September 2016
Worked at this location for a long period of time, and it began as a great learning experience. For the most part, the employees are helpful and welcoming. The management was slightly disorganized at times, but overall wasn't bad until the previous manager resigned. The change in management really affected the staff and it just went downhill. Schedules were constantly made late, tasks weren't completed on time, and also, the dress code was ridiculously strict. Beyond that, great experience.
Pros
Great discount, good relationships between employees.
Cons
Short, unpaid break.
Great balance, management respects your personal time.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 December 2016
Overall a good place to work, low stress, good team, little development opportunities so not a good starting point for the eager to learn individual.
Pros
work/lifa balance, easy tasks, reasonable time frames
Cons
little personal development, small staff
horrible management, and horrible coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2016
some of the rudest people i have ever met.
part of the companies priorities was to catch shoplifters, and other sales associates prided themselves on catching them (you get a ten dollar bonus).
the company does not care about anything but money, not about customers.
Great environment and staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador3 August 2016
Great place to work for, surrounded by amazing staff and a FANTASTIC manager. Look forward to going to work and helping customers. A lot of rude customers really make you sick of cleaning though. Really discouraging. Otherwise, I enjoy every minute of stock, floor changes, and grid reworking!! Would recommend to anyone looking for a job which you have to be responsible and be very organized, quick thinking and a people person.
Pros
Great staff, awesome clothes and discounts
Cons
Rude, messy, clueless customers, long days
multitasking with stock and customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 July 2016
working as a assistant manager at ardene i have learned new things like beating our sales everyday making sure what our goal is to beat last years sales. having more responsibilities when dealing with agrivating customers. making sure your staff is working as a team and completing all tasks like stock. And making sure they are all helping customers.
Pros
getting bonus on your pay each month if u beat your sales target
Cons
doing stock during the day and helping customers at the same time
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 November 2016
When I worked with this company it was very unorganized. There was always way to much stock and the store would always be messy, and not enough room for the customers to shop in a comfortable way.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not a long enough break for hours worked
Horrid Company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brandon Manitoba16 August 2016
I've worked for this company for just short of a year and today I got fired. I got an infraction last week for the stupidest little things and was given two weeks to "fix my attitude or get out" as my district manager told me, and not even two weeks later, she fires me. The reason I got fired, as on my termination notice, is that I went home sick without manager approval. I'd outlasted many many staff members at my particular store. Always under staffed, way over stocked, getting 100+ boxes of stock per week, this company is a joke. Maybe as a start to retail it'd be okay, but I'd never ever suggest this company to anyone to work for. Management has no experience and doesn't know what they're doing, discrimination is horrid and prominent, breaks often aren't given if an employee isn't working their hardest and the pay is horrible. Don't go work for them.
Great Place to Work
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2016
I have enjoyed my job with Ardene since day one. It's a great part time job with great discounts on clothing and accessories. I have zero complaints about working for the company as a part time worker, just wish there were full time positions available.
Pros
fun, social, great discounts
Cons
no full time
Terrible Experience
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON14 July 2016
They barely take any time to train but are very quick to point out what a person is doing wrong. I didn't last even through my probation period I got so fed up with arriving only to be criticized and told everything I was doing was wrong I quit. I don't recommend this placement for a first job or you if take longer to become accustomed to new responsibilities or to a new environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible Training Procedures
Poor Management & Little Training
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK15 September 2016
I was job searching 3 days after getting my position at Ardene's. My manager was very green, had poor people skills, was impatient while "training" me and left me to figure out a lot of my responsibilities. When I asked questions, she rolled her eyes and/or was frustrated.

She was quick to point fingers if I made a mistake, even contacting me after work hours to correct me. She would do so in front of customers which is very unprofessional.

She also dismissed me without cause even though I worked hard during my shifts.

The back room for employees was disgusting and I never stayed there to eat. There was no respect for others belongings either.

The only positive was some of the girls I worked with were quite friendly and open to helping me learn the ropes.

I encourage you to read reviews of Ardene's before accepting employment. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Pros
Some co-workers were friendly. Regular paycheque.
Cons
See review.

2.7