Ardene Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
1. Constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor, cleaning up after customers, managing the till and customer complaints
2. I've learned to have great patience
3. Management try their best to provide customer satisfaction
4. Very friendly staff
5. Lots of price changes very often and wall display changes. Way too much stock. Very poor salary for the amount of work put in
6. Working with my staff
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Very fun place to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 October 2016
I had a lot of fun working at ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers but I didn't agree with a lot of the company policies. I worked there for a year and a half and was always told that my hard work was appreciated but when I asked for a raise I was denied. I continued to work hard and never received the raise I was told I would get after 1 year.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Upper management was strict and often unreasonable
Poor Management
Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
Work is alright, Management in store could use some work. Unorganized with scheduling and very unprofessional. I love my co-workers they are part of why I stay there but other than that I wouldn't stay for the work load they give us with the minimum pay. Worked there almost 2 year with a poor raise after working 18 months.
It's not a bad place to work, it's ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 June 2016
I do like working there, but there are some things that need to change.
1. There is never enough staff
2. I'm always doing the jobs of two people for one wage
3. Managers/assistsnt managers need to ease up a bit, especially when we are short staffed. I think they really don't realize how hard we actually work.
4. The managers/assistant managers/key holders need to abide by company policy, it is not fair to us " part timers" that ONLY get 15 minute breaks or a 30 minute lunch, where the higher ups take liberties of longer than allowed breaks.
They need to set better examples than what I've seen.
5. Hours are ok, but the hourly scheduling needs a major improvement.
Pros
Good discounts, friendly co-workers
Cons
No raises, no acknowlegement on a job well done, and some of the rules are a bit outragous.
Great work environment, super fun fashion and lots of room for advancement
Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 February 2017
I got the privilege to work with some amazing people over my 11 career at Ardene. I've also worked every position from part-time all the way up to manager. Therefore, there's a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a fun environment, one also that changes frequently. Fashion is all about keeping up with the trends. I would say the hardest part for me, was the amount of physical labour. I had a smaller staff, the assistant manager and I were the only full-time employees, so sometimes it got to be very tiresome. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Great bonus awarded for hard work
Cons
Long hours standing on your feet
Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
I love this job and I work with wonderful people but the salary is poor and too may people work where i work so the hours are slim to none.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winkler, MB14 October 2016
its a fun place to work at. my coworkers are very friendly and we all get along pretty well. everyone always shows positive vibes.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No benefits
Horrid Company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brandon Manitoba16 August 2016
I've worked for this company for just short of a year and today I got fired. I got an infraction last week for the stupidest little things and was given two weeks to "fix my attitude or get out" as my district manager told me, and not even two weeks later, she fires me. The reason I got fired, as on my termination notice, is that I went home sick without manager approval. I'd outlasted many many staff members at my particular store. Always under staffed, way over stocked, getting 100+ boxes of stock per week, this company is a joke. Maybe as a start to retail it'd be okay, but I'd never ever suggest this company to anyone to work for. Management has no experience and doesn't know what they're doing, discrimination is horrid and prominent, breaks often aren't given if an employee isn't working their hardest and the pay is horrible. Don't go work for them.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
-They management team were great! they stood by my side and guided me step by step when necessary.

-I enjoyed learning and continuing to learn more about the fast food industry.

-Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about food and safety as I use them upon my own personal life.
Pros
Free lunches, and free take home products
Limited opportunities for advancement, Stressful
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2016
Either you work crazy hours or none at all, don't value the employees and have no regard for their safety as most stores don't have security personnel. I work steady hours so at least I have that going for me.
Pros
Steady hours for management, acceptable employee discount
Cons
Really bad at taking care of employees, will do anything just for profit
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
I worked in ardene it's basically labour with minimum pay. They make you do so much and the job security is very low they can fire you at any time. Furthermore they are mean and don't care about new employees if you are the quiet and shy type don't work there cause they want a playful person . I was fired cause I was shy and dint really make a lot of friends with my coworkers even thought I did the work very very well. I asked them why they fired me they could not come up with a good answer. Basically Do Not Work In Ardene
It was a fun place to work with learning opportunities every day
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 February 2017
There was always things to do to keep busy,there was never boredom. I really learned how to train my staff in different ways due to the diversity of staff and got to know boundaries of who could deal with different scenarios and when others needed to step in. It was a very enjoyable experience for me I learned a lot about myself and how I work.
Pros
Advancement and bonuses
Cons
It was to far for me to continue working there
Fast-paced, fun, and rewarding!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
Fast-paced fun and rewarding! I am a currently a manager at Ardene. Hi volume high output makes this a fast paced and challenging role, but I always feel supported by upper management and by my team, I enjoy the team of people I work with and feel a sense of ownership in my store. Having experience with other retailers, I feel this was a great choice and a perfect fit!
Pros
Great product, team work, fun environment, good support system
Cons
More training tools needed
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 December 2015
If you want to be over worked and underpaid this is the job for you. Management was awful and constantly had a revolving door of employees because of it. The work itself is alright and your coworkers and customers are awesome people. Expectations are too high for such little staff. You will never get a raise, ever. The wage you start out with is the wage you are going to have forever more. If you are required to do other job duties that are not in your specific description you will not be compensated ie: doing third key and getting paid as a sales associate.
Pros
the music, customers, coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no raises
Great working environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Great working environment, therefore gives you a chance to grow with in the company and Career. You learn new things. Company makes you feel comfortable. Best part is setting up the visual, being able to see the new ideas and trends and to be apart of it.
Good place to work if you're extremely desperate for a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 September 2016
Worked at this location for a long period of time, and it began as a great learning experience. For the most part, the employees are helpful and welcoming. The management was slightly disorganized at times, but overall wasn't bad until the previous manager resigned. The change in management really affected the staff and it just went downhill. Schedules were constantly made late, tasks weren't completed on time, and also, the dress code was ridiculously strict. Beyond that, great experience.
Pros
Great discount, good relationships between employees.
Cons
Short, unpaid break.
Good for young girls trying to find a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
fun co workers, good team, management is nice, easy to get to
originizng the clothes can be stressful but it can be fun too. Good hours. Easy work....
Productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 February 2017
A typical day in the retail force is never quite entertaining. I learned great customer service skills, but I also learned not all managers are respectable. My manager was a horrible person to work with, I've even had customers complain about her attitude in the workplace.
She was a nasty person and how she became a manager is beyond me. Hardest part of the job was all the anxiety i had whenever that woman was in.

Most enjoyable part of that job was going home at the end of the day.
Pros
nice customers.
Cons
Manager
Poor Management & Little Training
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK15 September 2016
I was job searching 3 days after getting my position at Ardene's. My manager was very green, had poor people skills, was impatient while "training" me and left me to figure out a lot of my responsibilities. When I asked questions, she rolled her eyes and/or was frustrated.

She was quick to point fingers if I made a mistake, even contacting me after work hours to correct me. She would do so in front of customers which is very unprofessional.

She also dismissed me without cause even though I worked hard during my shifts.

The back room for employees was disgusting and I never stayed there to eat. There was no respect for others belongings either.

The only positive was some of the girls I worked with were quite friendly and open to helping me learn the ropes.

I encourage you to read reviews of Ardene's before accepting employment. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Pros
Some co-workers were friendly. Regular paycheque.
Cons
See review.
Would not work here.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 July 2016
Probably one of the worst companies to work for, they don't care about you or what's going on in your life. They expect you to be available 24/7 no matter what.
The manger will always be in the back room doing who knows what, but god forbid you to go to the back room to grab a drink or go to the washroom.
If the phone rings, don't even try to answer it because one of the mangers will try and say it's "head office, or the district manager" when really it's a personal phone call.
don't even try to take off work because you'll get denied because "not enough people can cover your shift"
if you ever get written up expect your breach of policy paper to come in a month, because it takes a month to "fill out"

I mean if you like to be treated like your 5 years old this job is perfect for you.
Oh and your manager might look through your purse while your working to make sure your phone isn't gone.
Pros
Ablosulty nothing
Cons
Pretty much everything, management, can't work around your schedule.

2.7