Ardene Employee Reviews

overall good place for people looking for beginner experience in retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 September 2017
A typical day at work did include providing exceptional customer service, handling cash on till via Point Of Sales systems, and restocking and organizing merchandise flow.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
short breaks
Environement productif
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC31 August 2017
Très satisfaite de mon emplois .
J'aime mon équipe!
Cons
Courte pause
fun place to work, slow days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
I love shopping at ardenes but i didn't like working there. To stressful, slow days. Half the time i had no clue what i was supposed to do. No excitement at all.
Pros
discount on clothing and accessories
just a fair environment
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1400 trans canada28 August 2017
It is not the job that i am wanting since i migrated here in canada. The job in this factory is best is best suited for the people who is are newby here in canada.
Pros
free coffees
Fast paced, hectic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 August 2017
Training was insufficient and slow, work environment was great, managers were confident and communicated very well, some days were overwhelming when short staffed
worst job ever do not work here!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB24 August 2017
management does whatever they want, goes shopping during their shifts leaves coworkers to do all the work. all they do is stand at the cash and talk and expect you to do all the work. the management are all bullies and i cant even count how many times they have made employees cry!! the manager will talk bad behind your back to other employees and the general manager sits out back and plays facebook games and texts!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Avoid at all costs!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 August 2017
The overall job was your standard retail job and was quite enjoyable. Coworkers who all got along also made going to work fun. However, the manager was a grown adult who acted worse than any of the teenagers there. Not only did she bad mouth every employee, she also would try to start drama between coworkers and would verbally attack anyone she disagreed with. Not only did I see first hand the mistreatment of employees, but I was shocked when I heard her making fun of customers to other employees. If there had have been different management, this would have been a much more enjoyable place to work. I loved the job but a good manager is what makes people stay and unfortunately that is what this place was lacking.
Not a good job .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON12 August 2017
Worked here a little over a year, and never in my life have i worked for such a nasty assistant manager. Disrespectful,verbally abusive, threatening, mean, lazy, racist, unprofessional.
The staff was okay, but we ran through so many girls quitting because of cattyness.
Discount was amazing.
Horrible hrs,sometimes cut to 1 shift a week.
Lack of motivation throughout staff.
Head office is bs.
One half hr if you work over 5
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Almost everything
Environnement souriant
Conseillère à la vente (Former Employee) –  Place Montreal Trust, Montréal, QC29 July 2017
Mon expérience de travail chez Ardene fut brève mais étais une expérience professionnelle entourée de collègues souriants et d'une ambiance plaisante.
Very fast paced and high demand job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB24 July 2017
Company policies can be anywhere from overbearing to silly and nonsensical.
My manager did the best she could with what she had.
The only good part was my coworkers were wonderful.
Pros
free pizza once a year on boxing day
Cons
they gave us the least amount of break time they could.
Ardene review
Third key holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2017
I enjoy working here. If you have a great team it makes the world of a difference. Head office can be a bit stubborn and ignorant, which can affect your quality of work when you are trying to do your best.
Pros
Good team/co workers
Cons
Only one half and hour break after 5 hours.
People with no regards of others' feelings.
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2017
This company has some managers that are too by the book about certain things to the point where even if the manual's suggestion for a task is inefficient, this one specific store manager would still prefer being unproductive.
Pros
None.
Cons
Manager didn't care when I informed her of a potential Asst. Manager's racist outburst.
nice to work for teenager
Part Time Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2017
Ardene is a nice place to shop and to work. where i work before we all get along so nice. I have flexible hours but I'm not sure now! We have discount but I'm not sure anymore.
Pros
flexible
Cons
very busy, lots of folding
Travail
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 July 2017
Tres bonne compagnie! Et les gens qui travail la sont tres agreable..... sa travail bien en equipe.
Great place to work overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB1 July 2017
Great place to work, you are always busy with something to do. The only downside was issues with the manager at the time. We also had a very high turn over which was hard to deal with.
Pros
Great discount, good environment
Cons
work load can be stressful
Horrible management
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 July 2017
horribly managed, biased manager who hires based on race and weight( hates bigger people). Also the company is generally poorly managed and barely give employees hours.
A good place for students
Third key In charge when Manager is absent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC, ottawa27 June 2017
If you are a student looking for part time work this is a great place for you. Otherwise I would look for something else. Trying to get time off as a full time employee was extremely difficult.
Pros
great co-workers
stressant
Conseillère à la Vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC16 June 2017
la place devenant tres stressant vers la fin de la journer
Overall horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 June 2017
Working here was a huge mistake! My coworkers AND management were telling me not to do things properly like putting the right size clip on the shoes! That wall is always a mess and no one bothers to even try! They also take advantage of the hours people are willing to work.
Not only that, but they are very discriminatory if you have a mental illness of any sort! So if you value your time and your mental health, save yourself the trouble and do not apply here!!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Terrible management
Enjoyable & Easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 June 2017
Really easy work, shifts are usually between 4-7 hours if you are part time, and 8 if you are full time. If you are part time you get roughly 15 hours a week, but I have received much less due to bad times of the month for shopping. On the other hand, you will receive more during busy times of the month such as Christmas and Spring Break. If the management is good, then you should have no problems. Can be a really fun place to work.
Pros
Easy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7