Ardene Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace with great co-worker relationships and flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 11, 2016
Ardene is a fantastic place to work. A typical day includes operating a cash register and handling money as well as distributing stock and helping customers. Management is overall very helpful and friendly towards all of its employees. There are many co-worker relations that blossom into long-time friendships. It is a great environment to learn the basis of retail and to create great employee-customer relations.
Upbeat workplace, with great staff
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2016
We mostly do stock and customer service. The management team is great, and my coworkers are bright women, with charming personalities.

The hardest part of the job would be the hours. I don't get enough. As a part-timer, I understand that I am not a priority for scheduling,but I still need to pay my bills (which is why I'm looking for new employment). The most enjoyable part of the job is the poeple I work with every day. They're trully wonderful ladies.
Pros
The staff all get along very well.
Cons
Not enough hours/low wages.
Productive, fun workplace to work at
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 5, 2016
Ardene's was simple and productive. We would communicate with all of the customers that visited and simply ask if they need any assistance. We would clean throughout the day as the store would need a little bit of getting tidied. The management was well done, it was honestly better than my past workplaces. My co-workers were enjoyable to be around and we all got along just perfectly well. The hardest part of working there was only having 1 break throughout an entire day. Which, I got used to as I am active on being on my feet. The enjoyable part of working there though, was that everyone around was friendly and that the work was easy enough to handle. If I had a chance to work there again, I'd take it back in a heartbeat.
Great team to work with
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
-Not many hours to work
-part-time; only management gets full time
-hardest part of the job is dealing with aggressive customers
-My manager is awesome she really cares about us and will stand behind us.
-co-workers are awesome and friendly for the most part, we all get along
-I've learnt how to deal with difficult and aggressive customers
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Almost no hours
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 29, 2016
I had many tasks to do at Ardene, between being a cashier, sales rep, folding clothes, doing stock or cleaning. There was always a job for you to do. I really enjoyed the staff they had there, they were really welcoming. The hardest part of the job was customers that were picky in clothing. Trying to find things in the store that matched a customers personality, being picky and all, was very challenging but it taught us how to approach the next person. The atmosphere was very bright and colorful. We were all very happy and enjoyed each other presence. The management was great.
Pros
Doing your own thing while still being a top co-worker
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
A Wonderful and positive company
3rd Key/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 17, 2016
Working within this company has had a positive impact in my work environment, I have learned how to approach and handle unsatisfied customers along with creating a positive relationship with customers whom, in return become reoccurring shoppers. Management has taught me leadership skills, as well as assisting me into growing within the company. I enjoy working with my co-workers, creating a positive work place.
Pros
Staff
Cons
N\A
All around, terrible company.
Third key (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Manager didn't properly train, you were just thrown into it and if you messed up then you definitely got punished.

The company its self is garbage. You'd get a message 5 minutes before closing to change basically everything. They also don't stand behind their products nor employees. If you can get thrown under the bus, you will.

Don't expect any professionalism.
Also, they didn't train anyone on piercing ears, you were just kind of thrown to the wolves once a customer comes in.
Pros
none.
Cons
management, upper management, poor training, poor products, lack of professionalism, company treats customers better than employees, which says something.
Really only one con
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 29, 2016
I was hired as a temp manager to replace someone on mat leave..its been two months and I love it. Great team, always something to do. My supervisor is a great person. Very easy to talk to and get along with, never had any issues with her.
The only con is the pay..and no benefits for 6 months!
Pros
No pressure
Cons
No benefits only half hour lunch break
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 31, 2015
If you want to be over worked and underpaid this is the job for you. Management was awful and constantly had a revolving door of employees because of it. The work itself is alright and your coworkers and customers are awesome people. Expectations are too high for such little staff. You will never get a raise, ever. The wage you start out with is the wage you are going to have forever more. If you are required to do other job duties that are not in your specific description you will not be compensated ie: doing third key and getting paid as a sales associate.
Pros
the music, customers, coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no raises
It was a okay experience working here. I learned a lot about the ins and outs of retail.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
I worked here for a few months but then i quit. The short amount of time i worked here ( 6 months) ,there were about 7 new sales associates working there with me. People were always quitting, and the manager was manly to blame for this. She would always over -work her employees. She would give us a bunch of tasks to do while also keeping an eye out on the checkout desk as well as greeting every customer that walked into the store. She hardly did any of this, she would be in the back room doing " stuff". She would only rush out to answer the phone if it rang because she thought it could be head office, It was very unfair, that is why i quit and found another job.

Also you were not allowed to be sick, if you called in and said you were sick she would guilt you into coming to work. or force you somehow by saying " we need your keys " .. overall there was no respect given to the employees at the young and Eglinton Ardene location.
Good to gain sales associate experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 5, 2016
I did not work with the company for long, but it was a good job. It was very simple, organizing clothes and jewelry along with engaging and promoting sales to customers.
Pros
discount on company products
Cons
not much flexibility
Fun, love my co-workers
Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 17, 2016
I love working at Ardene - I have been there for a year and it's been one of the best jobs. I have worked at two different locations and all of my co-workers have been awesome people!
Pros
Clothing & accessories discounts
Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 12, 2016
It's fun to be around things i love (fashion) all day but the work could be a bit stressful sometimes.
you get amazing employee discounts.
Too strict dress code
Great way to get retail experience
Friendly management
Pros
Fashion
Cons
Low pay
Productive and friendly work enviorment with good co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 11, 2015
Working at Ardene was a great experience. I grew alot within the company, I started off as a retail cashier then moved up to third key, then assistant manager. I learned alot about management and about the scheduling, bank runs and about how to set up the store with the merchandise.
An okay place to work
Sales Associate/3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Ardene, but not some of the people I worked with. The management was horrible, things were not fair and there was a lot of favoritism. Certain things that should have been taking seriously were not.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Employees worked with
Do not recommend unless you are desperate for a job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 15, 2016
The only reason I stayed there is because I desperately needed money. They don't train you at all and complain for any little thing you do wrong. The dress code is extremely strict for a fashion store.
Managers and supervisors don't do **** but talking behind other coworkers back. If you're a sales associate, be prepare to do everyone else job. You only have a 30 min break ( no small breaks of 15 mins ) for an 8 hour shift. Girls who've worked longer than you at the store think they're queens and that they can treat you miserably.Most managers and supervisors are hypocrites...they're the real life version of Mean Girls. They either make you work 10 days in a row or make you don't work for 2 weeks straight. The only good thing about it is that some girls are actually really nice ( made some friends) and that when it's time to get out the garbage you can sneak out to smoke a cigarette.
Pros
Some girls are actually really nice
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 28, 2016
Customer service is always number one. Multi tasking is important in this job as it is very busy and there is a lot of stock to keep on top of. This job is ideal for someone who has excellent organizational skills.
Friendly work place, encouraging atmosphere, professional
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONApril 8, 2016
It was a very positive environment with great people. Always a task to do, and the shifts went by very fast. All in all a very good work experience.
Pros
Friendly staff
WORST job I've ever had
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  ManitobaOctober 27, 2015
One of those jobs you get paid peanuts for working your butt off everyday, with no acknowledgment or appreciation. The management may know lots about the company, but have no clue how to manage staff (I highly doubt anyone received any training regarding that). They just don't care about their employees and it shows.

"A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation"
Pros
busy environment, good staff
Cons
bad management, low pay
Gained management experience
Key holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2015
As a full-time job provided advancement throughout company, district manager frequently visited to ensure everything was in working order. Employees and consumers were generally younger, was satisfactory for the time being.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Not professional work place