Ardene Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 28, 2016
Customer service is always number one. Multi tasking is important in this job as it is very busy and there is a lot of stock to keep on top of. This job is ideal for someone who has excellent organizational skills.
Fun, love my co-workers
Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 17, 2016
Pros: Clothing & accessories discounts
I love working at Ardene - I have been there for a year and it's been one of the best jobs. I have worked at two different locations and all of my co-workers have been awesome people!
Fun and Social
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2016
Pros: Discount
Cons: Wage
Pretty busy location with lots of stock to merchandise. Fun to see what new products and clothing come in. Fast paced and customer service is priority.
Friendly work place, encouraging atmosphere, professional
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONApril 8, 2016
Pros: Friendly staff
It was a very positive environment with great people. Always a task to do, and the shifts went by very fast. All in all a very good work experience.
Customer Service oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Ardene is customer service oriented. Team environment. Fast paced, sales environment. Management is helpful when associates need guidance.
good place to be
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
typical day was great, time management is key. Also communication with the customers is a big part of ARDENE. The sales associates are really great and are very enthusiastic.
fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 7, 2016
the people at ardene always made the day fun
the managers were fun
my fav part of the day was my break
the hours were always reasonable
Fast paced and compassionate coworkers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Furthered my customer service skills. My bosses were very flexible with my hours, even though I was only part-time.
Kelly continued to give me good references for my future jobs.
Really only one con
Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: No pressure
Cons: No benefits only half hour lunch break
I was hired as a temp manager to replace someone on mat leave..its been two months and I love it. Great team, always something to do. My supervisor is a great person. Very easy to talk to and get along with, never had any issues with her.
The only con is the pay..and no benefits for 6 months!
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Doing your own thing while still being a top co-worker
Cons: Long hours with short breaks
I had many tasks to do at Ardene, between being a cashier, sales rep, folding clothes, doing stock or cleaning. There was always a job for you to do. I really enjoyed the staff they had there, they were really welcoming. The hardest part of the job was customers that were picky in clothing. Trying to find things in the store that matched a customers personality, being picky and all, was very challenging but it taught us how to approach the next person. The atmosphere was very bright and colorful. We were all very happy and enjoyed each other presence. The management was great.
already submitted??
Sales Associate/Third Key/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Winkler, MBFebruary 29, 2016
*Five years of customer service experience in retail and food service
*Critical thinking
*Adaptability
*Motivated
*Integrity
Very friendly, happy place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Friendly coworkers
Cons: Weird hours, long shifts
It was an enjoyable company to work for. Up beat yet very serious about what needed doing. Friendly co-workers, customers, and higher up staff.
A Wonderful and positive company
3rd Key/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Staff
Cons: N\A
Working within this company has had a positive impact in my work environment, I have learned how to approach and handle unsatisfied customers along with creating a positive relationship with customers whom, in return become reoccurring shoppers. Management has taught me leadership skills, as well as assisting me into growing within the company. I enjoy working with my co-workers, creating a positive work place.
All around, terrible company.
Third key (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: none.
Cons: management, upper management, poor training, poor products, lack of professionalism, company treats customers better than employees, which says something.
Manager didn't properly train, you were just thrown into it and if you messed up then you definitely got punished.

The company its self is garbage. You'd get a message 5 minutes before closing to change basically everything. They also don't stand behind their products nor employees. If you can get thrown under the bus, you will.

Don't expect any professionalism.
Also, they didn't train anyone on piercing ears, you were just kind of thrown to the wolves once a customer comes in.
cruel management
Manager (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 10, 2016
general manager was really cruel and mean, she was really busy and didn't know how to train employees properly with patience
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 9, 2016
A great part-time job and a fun place to work at. You meet new people and it is just nice to have friends in your workplace!
I learned a lot about teamwork and about clothing itself! Great discounts for employees :)
very organized, and stricked
Sales Clerk (seasonal) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: nice people i worked with
Cons: very stricked, and one way
Working at Ardenes was my first job, and i felt like i didn't fit in. The management was awesome, but there rules were very strick ex. dress code.
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate, Part-time (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
For anyone that has worked or is currently in retail at the store-level, this was a very typical workplace. I was fortunate to have a reliable manager, which made the experience a good one.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 3, 2016
Its was cool to meet a lot of people.
Had great environment with my co-workers.
Stress management it was okay, not so hard to handle it.
Na
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: worked around my school hours
Cons: short hours, staff werent that friendly
On a typical day, we would all stock all the merchandise, tidied up the store. helped any costumers that needed help, also greeting as they came into the store.