Ardene Employee Reviews

Must be Dedicated!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
A typical day at work, if new, would be greeting customers, especially at the Portage Place location, and you would have to greet every single customer that comes through the door. If you're shy, or are a bit of an introvert, I suggest you practice talking to a lot more people, because this job is a lot more than folding clothes and looking pretty, ESPECIALLy at the Portage Place location.

I've found that in order to do this job, you have to be one step ahead of the management. What this means is, you have to be able to do things without being told to do them, and if management comes around asking if you've done such and such, your answer should always be yes.

The people working at Ardene, at any location, are really friendly, and easy to talk to, so asking for help shouldn't be difficult, even if you are really shy. Make sure when you ask for help from your coworkers, it's still in line with what management expects from you.

Management at each branch may want to do things a little differently in terms of the way you greet customers or the way you go about your job, but it's not hard getting used to the different management styles as long as you keep an open mind and remind yourself that it's not personal.

The hardest part of the job, I think, is the keeping everything tidy part, and the fact that they're allowed to change your schedule up to a day before your due for a shift. One day you'll look online at your schedule and it will say you have a shift four days from now on a saturday, and then you'll check the next day and it'll say you have a shift the next
  more... day.

There's room for growth at Ardene, like, you could be working there for 8 months to a year and then be up for a position as a Third Key Holder, and then by the second year you're there, you could be up for Assistant Manager. It really depends on you how the job experience will go.
Pros
Eventful, Get to work with clothes.
Cons
Long hours, Changing schedules up to a day before
Wonderful place to work your way up
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB18 January 2017
I had the privilege to work at two different locations and I can honestly say it was one of the best working experiences I have had to date. Great team members, great atmosphere, lots of room to grow.
Productive and fun wrokplace with co-workers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2017
Working at Ardene was fun and hardworking.

My typical day was having customer service toward customers, and maintaining work area in a neat and tidy fashion.

I learned many things like teamwork, and having patience.

My co-workers were friendly but a few of them were ok.
Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
1. Constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor, cleaning up after customers, managing the till and customer complaints
2. I've learned to have great patience
3. Management try their best to provide customer satisfaction
4. Very friendly staff
5. Lots of price changes very often and wall display changes. Way too much stock. Very poor salary for the amount of work put in
6. Working with my staff
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Low pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC10 January 2017
Its a good place to work for if you like to work as a team.. the girls i have worked for were amazing... the really bad thing about ardene is that there is alot of favoritism...
Pros
Good team
Cons
Low pay
Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
I love this job and I work with wonderful people but the salary is poor and too may people work where i work so the hours are slim to none.
freiendly staff
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2017
I love sales/ customer service and learning something new everyday.
Although it needs to be more organized to make sure customer satisfaction and sales..
Great balance, management respects your personal time.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 December 2016
Overall a good place to work, low stress, good team, little development opportunities so not a good starting point for the eager to learn individual.
Pros
work/lifa balance, easy tasks, reasonable time frames
Cons
little personal development, small staff
Limited opportunities for advancement, Stressful
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2016
Either you work crazy hours or none at all, don't value the employees and have no regard for their safety as most stores don't have security personnel. I work steady hours so at least I have that going for me.
Pros
Steady hours for management, acceptable employee discount
Cons
Really bad at taking care of employees, will do anything just for profit
Worst experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2016
Do NOT work here. Manager was very rude and unprofessional when I had to quit and even hung up on me. They do not care about you and they were not willing to co-operate with hours since I had another job and I'm still struggling to get my last pay weeks later. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Worst job experience of my life.
Cons
Fast-paced, fun, and rewarding!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
Fast-paced fun and rewarding! I am a currently a manager at Ardene. Hi volume high output makes this a fast paced and challenging role, but I always feel supported by upper management and by my team, I enjoy the team of people I work with and feel a sense of ownership in my store. Having experience with other retailers, I feel this was a great choice and a perfect fit!
Pros
Great product, team work, fun environment, good support system
Cons
More training tools needed
Poor Management
Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
Work is alright, Management in store could use some work. Unorganized with scheduling and very unprofessional. I love my co-workers they are part of why I stay there but other than that I wouldn't stay for the work load they give us with the minimum pay. Worked there almost 2 year with a poor raise after working 18 months.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
I worked in ardene it's basically labour with minimum pay. They make you do so much and the job security is very low they can fire you at any time. Furthermore they are mean and don't care about new employees if you are the quiet and shy type don't work there cause they want a playful person . I was fired cause I was shy and dint really make a lot of friends with my coworkers even thought I did the work very very well. I asked them why they fired me they could not come up with a good answer. Basically Do Not Work In Ardene
great place to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
had a lot of fun working at Ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers, and fashion is and was always my dream and Ardene is where my dream comes true.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
N/A
Save yourself the stress.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
•Your coworkers will be the only reason you stay, everday is chaos
• Learned it isn't worth it
• Management is a mess
• Do yourself a favor
Save yourself.
Pros
Coworkers, discount
Cons
Essentially everything else.
Fun workplace, micromanaged
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 November 2016
Overly micromanaged by head office, doesnt allow for any interpersonal ideals or individuality, interior management was persoanable and friendly, but corporate officials were unconcerned with staff.
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 November 2016
When I worked with this company it was very unorganized. There was always way to much stock and the store would always be messy, and not enough room for the customers to shop in a comfortable way.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not a long enough break for hours worked
Moderately pased, friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
A day at ardene typically includes helping out customers with their buying needs, cleaning and making sure the store looks presentable. the staff is nice and everyone gets along. the most difficult part of this job is that some customers do not respect the store, resulting in huge messes being made.
Pros
15% discount
Repetitive work with no results
Sales (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB11 November 2016
I found that the people that I worked with at my specific location were great, but the District manager was horrible and unreasonable. I also found that it was re-doing the same tasks every single day, with no actual outcome of the results being any better than they were before because we had WAY too much merchandise and not enough space. We had so many complaints from customers about not being able to move in the store, or find what they were looking for because they would get so flustered that there were too many options, with too many different discounts/sales- which resulted in loss of sales. They would get frustrated that one pair of pants from 6a that were the exact same thing as from 5b were 10 more dollars. As workers there it was very disheartening to see that the store was in rough conditions- the floors and walls were broken and outdated. The changerooms were small and cramped into a corner. It seemed as though the head office had no intention of remodeling the store to match the ones in the city. Maybe a nicer/bigger store would generate more sales and less complaints from customers!
Pros
VERY generous discount
Cons
same tasks every day, lots of complaints
horrible management, and horrible coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2016
some of the rudest people i have ever met.
part of the companies priorities was to catch shoplifters, and other sales associates prided themselves on catching them (you get a ten dollar bonus).
the company does not care about anything but money, not about customers.

2.7