Ardene

Ardene Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Workplace, fun and productive
3rd Key Holder (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Great job and a great company! Well organized and structured management
Productive fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brandon, MBSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: not very good management
My daily responsibilities are as follows:
Assist the manager
Provide excellent costumer service

Gets along well with co-workers
Amazing
Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2014
This was the most amazing company to work for. hey know how to treat their staff well, while making it a fun place to work.
Great company
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 19, 2014
Ardene is a great company to work for. I love meeting new people through work.
customer services with fun co-workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary,ABAugust 15, 2014
Pros: easy tasks
Cons: was not a challenging/learning job
-A typical day would be opening the store with one other co-workers(key-holder). Then we would clean the store and get ready to open. sometimes i would go on cash but when i wasn't my main priority would be customer services and maintaing a clean and presentable store.
-I have learned how to be respectful of angry customers and maintaing a professional – more... attitude during work. I have also learned time management from cleaning to customer to cashier.
-My co-workers were great. we all got along pretty well.
-The hardest part of the job was not having to do work all the time. There were times when the work was a little slow.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they were looking for and suggesting different piece of clothing that would suit their liking. – less
retail sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 11, 2014
fast pace environment.
basic retail setting.
motivating sales with team members
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 11, 2014
Cons: long hours, rude managers, no respect for employees, under paid.
This Job was in a very busy mall in the Transcona area so there was many customers.
The customer's weren't the problem in this place, The management was.
When I was first interviewed I was asked if I could take criticism easily because the assistant manager criticised the employees a lot. I didn't think anything of it untill I started working there.
The – more... assistant manager wasn't a person to criticize what you were doing but she was an abusive person. On many occasions she cursed at me and called me derogatory names. It was always a put down. I eventually learned from my coworkers that she was treating everyone like that.
She would also make me leave my shift to go to other stores in the mall to buy her food and drinks.
She would sometimes even come to work and just sit in the back the whole time and sleep and go for smokes just to rack up her hours.
I complained to my manager and the district manager and to the company itself but no one even responded to me. To my disbelief she is still working there.

The back room is very small and is crammed with boxes to the point where the emergency exit is blocked. The only time it is ever cleaned is when it's going to be inspected and then the next day it's completely messy again. This is a safety hazard.

The hours were long and I was under paid for the things I had to deal with.

My suggestion is to stay far away from this store. Don't work here. It is not worth it. – less
Sold clothing and piercings.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABJuly 22, 2014
Pros: clothes 15% off accessory's 50% off
Learned how to do ear piercings, and stock/rotate clothing for sales. Had a very childish atmosphere and management was just as childish. The only fun part about working there was doing piercings, however the rest of the time you stood around and waited to see if you could find someone shoplifting because there's no cameras and you get a bonus for finding – more... someone stealing. – less
Good atmosphere with great coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 21, 2014
Making sure weekly stock was put out and presented and a timely fashion was the number one priority each and every day. Everyone worked together to make sure we accomplished this goal to the best of our abilities every week. Customer service was just as important and we worked as a team to create a friendly atmosphere not just for the customers but – more... ourselves. We all enjoyed coming into work for our shifts. – less
management was poor and unprofessional
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 16, 2014
Things were talked about that were personal on the floor with customers around and when someone did or asked for time off for schooling or things negative things were said and the room went bad
I love this company.
Cashier and Merchandising (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJuly 11, 2014
I love working with this company. I come to work excited to be there and love merchandising. Helping customers is one of my favorite parts of the job. My coworkers and superiors are always willing to lend a hand.
Lot of knowledge gained and excellent workplace
Manager (Current Employee), calgaryJune 2, 2014
Massive amounts of customer service experiences. Very helpful when it comes to learning and wanting to grow in their company. They have lots of opportunities.
It is a nice place to work at. The coworkers make it worth it all because of the teamwork.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2014
One day our store was expecting our head office manager to come and see how things go. When she got there, she treated us as if we had absolutely no idea what we were doing, and changed and misplaced everything in the store claiming to be helping. Our Store manager was so mad with her behavior toward us and swore to write about her to the big boss and – more... said "I would rather lose this job than to see my employees being treated that way."
Those are the kind of moments that make the hardest parts of the Job like rude customers or overconfident bosses seem like only a small problem about the Job and inspires someone to be a better person and the best employee they can be. – less
Bad management
3rd Key (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Not worth your time, the company is very poorly run, they are cheap and make sure their employees know they are all expendable.
Fun environment with great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BridgewaterMay 13, 2014
Stocking the newest inventory, assisting customers and building bonds with fellow co-workers. A very low stress work place.
Fun place to work
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 12, 2014
Fun place for any fashion oriented young girl to work. Great discount on merchandise.
Wasn't So great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Yorkton, SKMay 11, 2014
Didn't like it when my shifts were changed and I wasn't notifed. Would of like to be notified at least 24hours max or 4hours min. Didnt learn anything really at all, everyone was kind of slacking off with training and rushing everything without explaining it.
if you get a great staff you'll be ok
Manager (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaMay 7, 2014
Pros: the girls i managed were awesome, part of the reason i stayed so long
Cons: upper management, no raises, no support from anyone other than yourself
Never saw my district manager ever!! When I called her she never called back to respond to my questions. Never had a raise in the 3 years I've been there. Rules change a lot, sometimes without your knowledge and you are faced with the consequences. Not a great place to advance. Great for young students in their teens who want a shift here or there.
Great place for young people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: co-workers, manager, & discounts
Cons: $$
Ardene is a good place to work at.

Awesome co-workers and manager
Created schedules
Cashier duties

1 2 3 4

About Ardene

Ardène is a Canadian clothing and accessories retailer based in Montreal, Quebec. Ardène sells a variety of jewelry, – Read more