Ardene Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 October 2016
I had a lot of fun working at ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers but I didn't agree with a lot of the company policies. I worked there for a year and a half and was always told that my hard work was appreciated but when I asked for a raise I was denied. I continued to work hard and never received the raise I was told I would get after 1 year.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Upper management was strict and often unreasonable
Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
1. Constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor, cleaning up after customers, managing the till and customer complaints
2. I've learned to have great patience
3. Management try their best to provide customer satisfaction
4. Very friendly staff
5. Lots of price changes very often and wall display changes. Way too much stock. Very poor salary for the amount of work put in
6. Working with my staff
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Great work environment, super fun fashion and lots of room for advancement
Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 February 2017
I got the privilege to work with some amazing people over my 11 career at Ardene. I've also worked every position from part-time all the way up to manager. Therefore, there's a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a fun environment, one also that changes frequently. Fashion is all about keeping up with the trends. I would say the hardest part for me, was the amount of physical labour. I had a smaller staff, the assistant manager and I were the only full-time employees, so sometimes it got to be very tiresome. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Great bonus awarded for hard work
Cons
Long hours standing on your feet
Poor Management
Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
Work is alright, Management in store could use some work. Unorganized with scheduling and very unprofessional. I love my co-workers they are part of why I stay there but other than that I wouldn't stay for the work load they give us with the minimum pay. Worked there almost 2 year with a poor raise after working 18 months.
Horrid Company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brandon Manitoba16 August 2016
I've worked for this company for just short of a year and today I got fired. I got an infraction last week for the stupidest little things and was given two weeks to "fix my attitude or get out" as my district manager told me, and not even two weeks later, she fires me. The reason I got fired, as on my termination notice, is that I went home sick without manager approval. I'd outlasted many many staff members at my particular store. Always under staffed, way over stocked, getting 100+ boxes of stock per week, this company is a joke. Maybe as a start to retail it'd be okay, but I'd never ever suggest this company to anyone to work for. Management has no experience and doesn't know what they're doing, discrimination is horrid and prominent, breaks often aren't given if an employee isn't working their hardest and the pay is horrible. Don't go work for them.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
-They management team were great! they stood by my side and guided me step by step when necessary.

-I enjoyed learning and continuing to learn more about the fast food industry.

-Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about food and safety as I use them upon my own personal life.
Pros
Free lunches, and free take home products
Cons
It's not a bad place to work, it's ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 June 2016
I do like working there, but there are some things that need to change.
1. There is never enough staff
2. I'm always doing the jobs of two people for one wage
3. Managers/assistsnt managers need to ease up a bit, especially when we are short staffed. I think they really don't realize how hard we actually work.
4. The managers/assistant managers/key holders need to abide by company policy, it is not fair to us " part timers" that ONLY get 15 minute breaks or a 30 minute lunch, where the higher ups take liberties of longer than allowed breaks.
They need to set better examples than what I've seen.
5. Hours are ok, but the hourly scheduling needs a major improvement.
Pros
Good discounts, friendly co-workers
Cons
No raises, no acknowlegement on a job well done, and some of the rules are a bit outragous.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
I worked in ardene it's basically labour with minimum pay. They make you do so much and the job security is very low they can fire you at any time. Furthermore they are mean and don't care about new employees if you are the quiet and shy type don't work there cause they want a playful person . I was fired cause I was shy and dint really make a lot of friends with my coworkers even thought I did the work very very well. I asked them why they fired me they could not come up with a good answer. Basically Do Not Work In Ardene
It was a fun place to work with learning opportunities every day
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 February 2017
There was always things to do to keep busy,there was never boredom. I really learned how to train my staff in different ways due to the diversity of staff and got to know boundaries of who could deal with different scenarios and when others needed to step in. It was a very enjoyable experience for me I learned a lot about myself and how I work.
Pros
Advancement and bonuses
Cons
It was to far for me to continue working there
Fast-paced, fun, and rewarding!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
Fast-paced fun and rewarding! I am a currently a manager at Ardene. Hi volume high output makes this a fast paced and challenging role, but I always feel supported by upper management and by my team, I enjoy the team of people I work with and feel a sense of ownership in my store. Having experience with other retailers, I feel this was a great choice and a perfect fit!
Pros
Great product, team work, fun environment, good support system
Cons
More training tools needed
Limited opportunities for advancement, Stressful
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2016
Either you work crazy hours or none at all, don't value the employees and have no regard for their safety as most stores don't have security personnel. I work steady hours so at least I have that going for me.
Pros
Steady hours for management, acceptable employee discount
Cons
Really bad at taking care of employees, will do anything just for profit
Great working environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Great working environment, therefore gives you a chance to grow with in the company and Career. You learn new things. Company makes you feel comfortable. Best part is setting up the visual, being able to see the new ideas and trends and to be apart of it.
Good place to work if you're extremely desperate for a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 September 2016
Worked at this location for a long period of time, and it began as a great learning experience. For the most part, the employees are helpful and welcoming. The management was slightly disorganized at times, but overall wasn't bad until the previous manager resigned. The change in management really affected the staff and it just went downhill. Schedules were constantly made late, tasks weren't completed on time, and also, the dress code was ridiculously strict. Beyond that, great experience.
Pros
Great discount, good relationships between employees.
Cons
Short, unpaid break.
Must be Dedicated!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
A typical day at work, if new, would be greeting customers, especially at the Portage Place location, and you would have to greet every single customer that comes through the door. If you're shy, or are a bit of an introvert, I suggest you practice talking to a lot more people, because this job is a lot more than folding clothes and looking pretty, ESPECIALLy at the Portage Place location.

I've found that in order to do this job, you have to be one step ahead of the management. What this means is, you have to be able to do things without being told to do them, and if management comes around asking if you've done such and such, your answer should always be yes.

The people working at Ardene, at any location, are really friendly, and easy to talk to, so asking for help shouldn't be difficult, even if you are really shy. Make sure when you ask for help from your coworkers, it's still in line with what management expects from you.

Management at each branch may want to do things a little differently in terms of the way you greet customers or the way you go about your job, but it's not hard getting used to the different management styles as long as you keep an open mind and remind yourself that it's not personal.

The hardest part of the job, I think, is the keeping everything tidy part, and the fact that they're allowed to change your schedule up to a day before your due for a shift. One day you'll look online at your schedule and it will say you have a shift four days from now on a saturday, and then you'll check the next day and it'll say you have a shift the next
  more... day.

There's room for growth at Ardene, like, you could be working there for 8 months to a year and then be up for a position as a Third Key Holder, and then by the second year you're there, you could be up for Assistant Manager. It really depends on you how the job experience will go.
Pros
Eventful, Get to work with clothes.
Cons
Long hours, Changing schedules up to a day before
Would not work here.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 July 2016
Probably one of the worst companies to work for, they don't care about you or what's going on in your life. They expect you to be available 24/7 no matter what.
The manger will always be in the back room doing who knows what, but god forbid you to go to the back room to grab a drink or go to the washroom.
If the phone rings, don't even try to answer it because one of the mangers will try and say it's "head office, or the district manager" when really it's a personal phone call.
don't even try to take off work because you'll get denied because "not enough people can cover your shift"
if you ever get written up expect your breach of policy paper to come in a month, because it takes a month to "fill out"

I mean if you like to be treated like your 5 years old this job is perfect for you.
Oh and your manager might look through your purse while your working to make sure your phone isn't gone.
Pros
Ablosulty nothing
Cons
Pretty much everything, management, can't work around your schedule.
Good for young girls trying to find a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
fun co workers, good team, management is nice, easy to get to
originizng the clothes can be stressful but it can be fun too. Good hours. Easy work....
Fun workplace, micromanaged
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 November 2016
Overly micromanaged by head office, doesnt allow for any interpersonal ideals or individuality, interior management was persoanable and friendly, but corporate officials were unconcerned with staff.
Save yourself the stress.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
•Your coworkers will be the only reason you stay, everday is chaos
• Learned it isn't worth it
• Management is a mess
• Do yourself a favor
Save yourself.
Pros
Coworkers, discount
Cons
Essentially everything else.
Ok
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
It is an okay first job, not as fun as it would seem, it was easy to learn, staff was friendly and accepting. management was okay.
Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
I love this job and I work with wonderful people but the salary is poor and too may people work where i work so the hours are slim to none.

2.7