Ardene Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
I worked in ardene it's basically labour with minimum pay. They make you do so much and the job security is very low they can fire you at any time. Furthermore they are mean and don't care about new employees if you are the quiet and shy type don't work there cause they want a playful person . I was fired cause I was shy and dint really make a lot of friends with my coworkers even thought I did the work very very well. I asked them why they fired me they could not come up with a good answer. Basically Do Not Work In Ardene
great place to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
had a lot of fun working at Ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers, and fashion is and was always my dream and Ardene is where my dream comes true.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
N/A
Save yourself the stress.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
•Your coworkers will be the only reason you stay, everday is chaos
• Learned it isn't worth it
• Management is a mess
• Do yourself a favor
Save yourself.
Pros
Coworkers, discount
Cons
Essentially everything else.
Fun workplace, micromanaged
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 November 2016
Overly micromanaged by head office, doesnt allow for any interpersonal ideals or individuality, interior management was persoanable and friendly, but corporate officials were unconcerned with staff.
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 November 2016
When I worked with this company it was very unorganized. There was always way to much stock and the store would always be messy, and not enough room for the customers to shop in a comfortable way.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not a long enough break for hours worked
Moderately pased, friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
A day at ardene typically includes helping out customers with their buying needs, cleaning and making sure the store looks presentable. the staff is nice and everyone gets along. the most difficult part of this job is that some customers do not respect the store, resulting in huge messes being made.
Pros
15% discount
Repetitive work with no results
Sales (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB11 November 2016
I found that the people that I worked with at my specific location were great, but the District manager was horrible and unreasonable. I also found that it was re-doing the same tasks every single day, with no actual outcome of the results being any better than they were before because we had WAY too much merchandise and not enough space. We had so many complaints from customers about not being able to move in the store, or find what they were looking for because they would get so flustered that there were too many options, with too many different discounts/sales- which resulted in loss of sales. They would get frustrated that one pair of pants from 6a that were the exact same thing as from 5b were 10 more dollars. As workers there it was very disheartening to see that the store was in rough conditions- the floors and walls were broken and outdated. The changerooms were small and cramped into a corner. It seemed as though the head office had no intention of remodeling the store to match the ones in the city. Maybe a nicer/bigger store would generate more sales and less complaints from customers!
Pros
VERY generous discount
Cons
same tasks every day, lots of complaints
horrible management, and horrible coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2016
some of the rudest people i have ever met.
part of the companies priorities was to catch shoplifters, and other sales associates prided themselves on catching them (you get a ten dollar bonus).
the company does not care about anything but money, not about customers.
Very fun place to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 October 2016
I had a lot of fun working at ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers but I didn't agree with a lot of the company policies. I worked there for a year and a half and was always told that my hard work was appreciated but when I asked for a raise I was denied. I continued to work hard and never received the raise I was told I would get after 1 year.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Upper management was strict and often unreasonable
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
-They management team were great! they stood by my side and guided me step by step when necessary.

-I enjoyed learning and continuing to learn more about the fast food industry.

-Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about food and safety as I use them upon my own personal life.
Pros
Free lunches, and free take home products
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winkler, MB14 October 2016
its a fun place to work at. my coworkers are very friendly and we all get along pretty well. everyone always shows positive vibes.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No benefits
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC29 September 2016
Ardene was my first job. I have worked there for about 2 years and it was a great learning experience. I learned how to use the cashier, ship, label and receive and really talk to customers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON19 September 2016
Slow during the week, fast pace during weekends. Always cleaning tables and store. co workers are very laid back. overall nice place to work no complaints
Poor Management & Little Training
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK15 September 2016
I was job searching 3 days after getting my position at Ardene's. My manager was very green, had poor people skills, was impatient while "training" me and left me to figure out a lot of my responsibilities. When I asked questions, she rolled her eyes and/or was frustrated.

She was quick to point fingers if I made a mistake, even contacting me after work hours to correct me. She would do so in front of customers which is very unprofessional.

She also dismissed me without cause even though I worked hard during my shifts.

The back room for employees was disgusting and I never stayed there to eat. There was no respect for others belongings either.

The only positive was some of the girls I worked with were quite friendly and open to helping me learn the ropes.

I encourage you to read reviews of Ardene's before accepting employment. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Pros
Some co-workers were friendly. Regular paycheque.
Cons
See review.
Great Place to Work
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2016
I have enjoyed my job with Ardene since day one. It's a great part time job with great discounts on clothing and accessories. I have zero complaints about working for the company as a part time worker, just wish there were full time positions available.
Pros
fun, social, great discounts
Cons
no full time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC10 September 2016
Loved this job and the ladies I worked with it was a great experience. Hardest part was constantly cleaning up after everyone all the time, people just aren't the nicest.
Pros
Everyone helps each other out
Cons
Working long days
Good place to work if you're extremely desperate for a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 September 2016
Worked at this location for a long period of time, and it began as a great learning experience. For the most part, the employees are helpful and welcoming. The management was slightly disorganized at times, but overall wasn't bad until the previous manager resigned. The change in management really affected the staff and it just went downhill. Schedules were constantly made late, tasks weren't completed on time, and also, the dress code was ridiculously strict. Beyond that, great experience.
Pros
Great discount, good relationships between employees.
Cons
Short, unpaid break.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON5 September 2016
great work atmosphere, kind and understanding management. great team to work around. became a family during the summer, had potlucks to enjoy the time there
Great staff and cheery environment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 August 2016
I had lots of fun working here, never mind that our location was closing. It was still a great place to work at, since the training was pretty well done and the people there were great to work with.
Relaxed and enjoyable retail experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 August 2016
Supervisors and staff provide and overall positive experience. Great staff discount and plenty of room for advancement. Its has been many years though, since my time there....

2.7