Ardene Employee Reviews

1 des emploie que j’ai préférée
Assistante gerante (Former Employee) –  Pointe-aux-trembles, QC16 October 2017
Gestion des horaire, de l’inventaire et open close
Emploi peu gratifiant
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC16 October 2017
Probablement l'emploi le moins gratifiant que j'ai eu. Les gérantes ne soulignaient jamais le travail bien fait et réprimandaient les erreurs tout haut, devant tout le monde. Elles parlaient également dans le dos de toutes les employées. L'atmosphère était toujours tendue et négative. J'espère que le tout a changé depuis le temps, car je crois qu'avec une meilleure gestion, cet emploi aurait été très agréable.
Pros
Collègues sympathiques
Cons
Atmosphère négative, mauvaise gestion
Great Retail experiance
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 October 2017
learned a lot about fashion and retail business was fun and employees and employer had a great relationship. Worked on group projects and by myself as well manager was very friendly and so was the other coworkers made time there fun and enjoyable
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
Great place to work, very reasonable hours. Long days as it is retail. Very busy during the christmas season but no complaints about hours or work environment
great place to work, not so great managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 October 2017
The manager that i worked for is very childish. Talks about employees to other employees behind their backs, likes too much drama, not professional at all.
It was fun in the beginning but stressful in the end.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2017
I had to leave because the job is becoming stressful. My manager is okay but sometimes the task is becoming more impossible, and it feels like I don't get the praise of working hard. I know it was time to leave when my manager commented about the small things ( like I should fold the shirts facing the store, or I did not complete moving the shoe wall in the amount hours were given, which is freaking impossible to do ) instead of praising the big things I've done.

It was okay if you want a part-time job as a student, but not as full-time.
Pros
nice co-workers and manager
Cons
- impossible tasks, short break, cleaning tasks (extremely tiring), strict manager when it comes to cleaning
Good entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2017
I worked as a sales associate for only 1month before being let go. It was a good job overall, being retail you're bound to deal with difficult customers. I got a long with my co-workers and didn't feel uncomfortable around them. When the store isn't busy it can be very boring, it can be high demand when it gets busy. This job is good for building costumer service skills

The complaint that I have is being let go after 10 days of working there. I was on time 99% of the time, that 1% is the few times that i would clock in at 5:32 for example. I never stood around for long periods of time doing nothing, I never ignored a customer, and I never had my phone out or broke dress code. I worked more with the assistant manager then the manager, I was always with the assistant manager until closing and she would always said I did a good job. I had only worked with the manager twice including the day I was let go. The first time was on my first day. Based on this I'm not sure why I was fired and I was not given a reason. This is merely speculation on my part but I feel as if the manager did not like me. I was also made aware that some of the new hires broke some of the codes but I can't say whether they remained or not.
This situation has more to do with management or the lack there of
Pros
flexible hours for part-time
Cons
short breaks
Great job for people who love customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 September 2017
Overall, the company is not the best to work for but the people you work with make it worth it! I loved working here while the head managers weren't around.
lieu de travail agréable et actif
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 September 2017
Le poste d'associer aux ventes met a profit les compétences de ventes, du service à la clientèle et marchandage.
Pros
Milieu actif
Cons
Peu de possibilités d'avancement
Lack of Organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB27 September 2017
Lots of drama between coworkers and favouritism between management. Lack of organization and placement of staff and paid smoke breaks were allowed only for smokers, no extra breaks for anyone else.
Worst place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB24 September 2017
just found out i can rate ardene so here i go ! worked there for less than a year. management does whatever they want, goes shopping during their shifts leaves coworkers to do all the work. all they do is stand at the cash and talk and expect you to do all the work. They are all bullies! the assistant manager will talk bad behind your back to other employees and the manager is always shopping around the store and trying clothes on.
Horrible Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
Management is incredibly rude to employees and customers. You are basically trained to hover over customers and assume most are shoplifters. I felt awful confronting innocent customers who my coworkers assumed were "sketchy". I learned that in order to succeed at Ardene you have to make catching shoplifters a bigger priority than providing good customer service.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Strict dress code, Poor training
overall good place for people looking for beginner experience in retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 September 2017
A typical day at work did include providing exceptional customer service, handling cash on till via Point Of Sales systems, and restocking and organizing merchandise flow.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
short breaks
Environement productif
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC31 August 2017
Très satisfaite de mon emplois .
J'aime mon équipe!
Cons
Courte pause
fun place to work, slow days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
I love shopping at ardenes but i didn't like working there. To stressful, slow days. Half the time i had no clue what i was supposed to do. No excitement at all.
Pros
discount on clothing and accessories
just a fair environment
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1400 trans canada28 August 2017
It is not the job that i am wanting since i migrated here in canada. The job in this factory is best is best suited for the people who is are newby here in canada.
Pros
free coffees
Fast paced, hectic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 August 2017
Training was insufficient and slow, work environment was great, managers were confident and communicated very well, some days were overwhelming when short staffed
worst job ever do not work here!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB24 August 2017
management does whatever they want, goes shopping during their shifts leaves coworkers to do all the work. all they do is stand at the cash and talk and expect you to do all the work. the management are all bullies and i cant even count how many times they have made employees cry!! the manager will talk bad behind your back to other employees and the general manager sits out back and plays facebook games and texts!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Avoid at all costs!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 August 2017
The overall job was your standard retail job and was quite enjoyable. Coworkers who all got along also made going to work fun. However, the manager was a grown adult who acted worse than any of the teenagers there. Not only did she bad mouth every employee, she also would try to start drama between coworkers and would verbally attack anyone she disagreed with. Not only did I see first hand the mistreatment of employees, but I was shocked when I heard her making fun of customers to other employees. If there had have been different management, this would have been a much more enjoyable place to work. I loved the job but a good manager is what makes people stay and unfortunately that is what this place was lacking.
Not a good job .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON12 August 2017
Worked here a little over a year, and never in my life have i worked for such a nasty assistant manager. Disrespectful,verbally abusive, threatening, mean, lazy, racist, unprofessional.
The staff was okay, but we ran through so many girls quitting because of cattyness.
Discount was amazing.
Horrible hrs,sometimes cut to 1 shift a week.
Lack of motivation throughout staff.
Head office is bs.
One half hr if you work over 5
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Almost everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8