Ardene Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
1. Constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor, cleaning up after customers, managing the till and customer complaints
2. I've learned to have great patience
3. Management try their best to provide customer satisfaction
4. Very friendly staff
5. Lots of price changes very often and wall display changes. Way too much stock. Very poor salary for the amount of work put in
6. Working with my staff
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Low pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC10 January 2017
Its a good place to work for if you like to work as a team.. the girls i have worked for were amazing... the really bad thing about ardene is that there is alot of favoritism...
Pros
Good team
Cons
Low pay
Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
I love this job and I work with wonderful people but the salary is poor and too may people work where i work so the hours are slim to none.
freiendly staff
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2017
I love sales/ customer service and learning something new everyday.
Although it needs to be more organized to make sure customer satisfaction and sales..
Great balance, management respects your personal time.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 December 2016
Overall a good place to work, low stress, good team, little development opportunities so not a good starting point for the eager to learn individual.
Pros
work/lifa balance, easy tasks, reasonable time frames
Cons
little personal development, small staff
Limited opportunities for advancement, Stressful
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2016
Either you work crazy hours or none at all, don't value the employees and have no regard for their safety as most stores don't have security personnel. I work steady hours so at least I have that going for me.
Pros
Steady hours for management, acceptable employee discount
Cons
Really bad at taking care of employees, will do anything just for profit
Worst experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2016
Do NOT work here. Manager was very rude and unprofessional when I had to quit and even hung up on me. They do not care about you and they were not willing to co-operate with hours since I had another job and I'm still struggling to get my last pay weeks later. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Worst job experience of my life.
Cons
Fast-paced, fun, and rewarding!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
Fast-paced fun and rewarding! I am a currently a manager at Ardene. Hi volume high output makes this a fast paced and challenging role, but I always feel supported by upper management and by my team, I enjoy the team of people I work with and feel a sense of ownership in my store. Having experience with other retailers, I feel this was a great choice and a perfect fit!
Pros
Great product, team work, fun environment, good support system
Cons
More training tools needed
Poor Management
Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
Work is alright, Management in store could use some work. Unorganized with scheduling and very unprofessional. I love my co-workers they are part of why I stay there but other than that I wouldn't stay for the work load they give us with the minimum pay. Worked there almost 2 year with a poor raise after working 18 months.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
I worked in ardene it's basically labour with minimum pay. They make you do so much and the job security is very low they can fire you at any time. Furthermore they are mean and don't care about new employees if you are the quiet and shy type don't work there cause they want a playful person . I was fired cause I was shy and dint really make a lot of friends with my coworkers even thought I did the work very very well. I asked them why they fired me they could not come up with a good answer. Basically Do Not Work In Ardene
great place to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
had a lot of fun working at Ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers, and fashion is and was always my dream and Ardene is where my dream comes true.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
N/A
Save yourself the stress.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
•Your coworkers will be the only reason you stay, everday is chaos
• Learned it isn't worth it
• Management is a mess
• Do yourself a favor
Save yourself.
Pros
Coworkers, discount
Cons
Essentially everything else.
Fun workplace, micromanaged
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 November 2016
Overly micromanaged by head office, doesnt allow for any interpersonal ideals or individuality, interior management was persoanable and friendly, but corporate officials were unconcerned with staff.
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 November 2016
When I worked with this company it was very unorganized. There was always way to much stock and the store would always be messy, and not enough room for the customers to shop in a comfortable way.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not a long enough break for hours worked
Moderately pased, friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
A day at ardene typically includes helping out customers with their buying needs, cleaning and making sure the store looks presentable. the staff is nice and everyone gets along. the most difficult part of this job is that some customers do not respect the store, resulting in huge messes being made.
Pros
15% discount
Repetitive work with no results
Sales (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB11 November 2016
I found that the people that I worked with at my specific location were great, but the District manager was horrible and unreasonable. I also found that it was re-doing the same tasks every single day, with no actual outcome of the results being any better than they were before because we had WAY too much merchandise and not enough space. We had so many complaints from customers about not being able to move in the store, or find what they were looking for because they would get so flustered that there were too many options, with too many different discounts/sales- which resulted in loss of sales. They would get frustrated that one pair of pants from 6a that were the exact same thing as from 5b were 10 more dollars. As workers there it was very disheartening to see that the store was in rough conditions- the floors and walls were broken and outdated. The changerooms were small and cramped into a corner. It seemed as though the head office had no intention of remodeling the store to match the ones in the city. Maybe a nicer/bigger store would generate more sales and less complaints from customers!
Pros
VERY generous discount
Cons
same tasks every day, lots of complaints
horrible management, and horrible coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2016
some of the rudest people i have ever met.
part of the companies priorities was to catch shoplifters, and other sales associates prided themselves on catching them (you get a ten dollar bonus).
the company does not care about anything but money, not about customers.
Very fun place to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 October 2016
I had a lot of fun working at ardene and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my coworkers but I didn't agree with a lot of the company policies. I worked there for a year and a half and was always told that my hard work was appreciated but when I asked for a raise I was denied. I continued to work hard and never received the raise I was told I would get after 1 year.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Upper management was strict and often unreasonable
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
-They management team were great! they stood by my side and guided me step by step when necessary.

-I enjoyed learning and continuing to learn more about the fast food industry.

-Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about food and safety as I use them upon my own personal life.
Pros
Free lunches, and free take home products
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winkler, MB14 October 2016
its a fun place to work at. my coworkers are very friendly and we all get along pretty well. everyone always shows positive vibes.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No benefits

2.7