Ardene Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you're extremely desperate for a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABSeptember 5, 2016
Worked at this location for a long period of time, and it began as a great learning experience. For the most part, the employees are helpful and welcoming. The management was slightly disorganized at times, but overall wasn't bad until the previous manager resigned. The change in management really affected the staff and it just went downhill. Schedules were constantly made late, tasks weren't completed on time, and also, the dress code was ridiculously strict. Beyond that, great experience.
Pros
Great discount, good relationships between employees.
Cons
Short, unpaid break.
Great environment and staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and LabradorAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work for, surrounded by amazing staff and a FANTASTIC manager. Look forward to going to work and helping customers. A lot of rude customers really make you sick of cleaning though. Really discouraging. Otherwise, I enjoy every minute of stock, floor changes, and grid reworking!! Would recommend to anyone looking for a job which you have to be responsible and be very organized, quick thinking and a people person.
Pros
Great staff, awesome clothes and discounts
Cons
Rude, messy, clueless customers, long days
multitasking with stock and customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 27, 2016
working as a assistant manager at ardene i have learned new things like beating our sales everyday making sure what our goal is to beat last years sales. having more responsibilities when dealing with agrivating customers. making sure your staff is working as a team and completing all tasks like stock. And making sure they are all helping customers.
Pros
getting bonus on your pay each month if u beat your sales target
Cons
doing stock during the day and helping customers at the same time
Love fashion, but change in managers made it not a fun place to work anymore
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJuly 9, 2016
Ardene was a great place to work, full of fashion and great people. Recently the store has become under new management and it turned to mood of the whole store around. The Lloydminster location just is not for me anymore, the new management hired all new employees and going to work in an unhappy environment is not what i want anymore. I did very much enjoy it before the new management.
Pros
Fashion, Interacting with customers, great co-workers
Cons
New management
Terrible Experience
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJuly 14, 2016
They barely take any time to train but are very quick to point out what a person is doing wrong. I didn't last even through my probation period I got so fed up with arriving only to be criticized and told everything I was doing was wrong I quit. I don't recommend this placement for a first job or you if take longer to become accustomed to new responsibilities or to a new environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible Training Procedures
It's not a bad place to work, it's ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 29, 2016
I do like working there, but there are some things that need to change.
1. There is never enough staff
2. I'm always doing the jobs of two people for one wage
3. Managers/assistsnt managers need to ease up a bit, especially when we are short staffed. I think they really don't realize how hard we actually work.
4. The managers/assistant managers/key holders need to abide by company policy, it is not fair to us " part timers" that ONLY get 15 minute breaks or a 30 minute lunch, where the higher ups take liberties of longer than allowed breaks.
They need to set better examples than what I've seen.
5. Hours are ok, but the hourly scheduling needs a major improvement.
Pros
Good discounts, friendly co-workers
Cons
No raises, no acknowlegement on a job well done, and some of the rules are a bit outragous.
Horrid Company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brandon ManitobaAugust 16, 2016
I've worked for this company for just short of a year and today I got fired. I got an infraction last week for the stupidest little things and was given two weeks to "fix my attitude or get out" as my district manager told me, and not even two weeks later, she fires me. The reason I got fired, as on my termination notice, is that I went home sick without manager approval. I'd outlasted many many staff members at my particular store. Always under staffed, way over stocked, getting 100+ boxes of stock per week, this company is a joke. Maybe as a start to retail it'd be okay, but I'd never ever suggest this company to anyone to work for. Management has no experience and doesn't know what they're doing, discrimination is horrid and prominent, breaks often aren't given if an employee isn't working their hardest and the pay is horrible. Don't go work for them.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 8, 2016
Usually a day here was okay, however the customers were terrible. They would disrespect the workers and their hard work and throw clothes from the rack onto the floor. The management was okay but would do whatever they pleased at times as the only camera faced the cash desk. However the staff got imposed with many rules from the district manager that were stupid and didn't make sense.
Organized, productive workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 26, 2016
I learned how to be a sales associate and how to properly organize the displays by colour/style. Management was professional but also very friendly and understanding. My co-workers were easy to work with and everyone did their part. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers pick out clothing they like
Not a very pleasant place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 27, 2016
i didn't work there to long but the time I spent there I'll never get back. The mangers overall very pretty much as bad as the employees. The way they all bad mouthed one another was appalling. It was like working with a bunch of children. (Actually that's a lie children are probably more well behaved).
Cons
Good wages, hours, co-workers. Very busy, difficult customers.
Seasonal / Part-time Sales Associate‬ (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 23, 2016
Wages and hours are good. Have met a lot of good friends from working here, however certain policies are difficult and unrealistic. A lot of customers can be difficult, sometimes understandable, sometimes for very little reason; can be hard to deal with it.
Fun workplace with great co-worker relationships and flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 11, 2016
Ardene is a fantastic place to work. A typical day includes operating a cash register and handling money as well as distributing stock and helping customers. Management is overall very helpful and friendly towards all of its employees. There are many co-worker relations that blossom into long-time friendships. It is a great environment to learn the basis of retail and to create great employee-customer relations.
Upbeat workplace, with great staff
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2016
We mostly do stock and customer service. The management team is great, and my coworkers are bright women, with charming personalities.

The hardest part of the job would be the hours. I don't get enough. As a part-timer, I understand that I am not a priority for scheduling,but I still need to pay my bills (which is why I'm looking for new employment). The most enjoyable part of the job is the poeple I work with every day. They're trully wonderful ladies.
Pros
The staff all get along very well.
Cons
Not enough hours/low wages.
Productive, fun workplace to work at
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 5, 2016
Ardene's was simple and productive. We would communicate with all of the customers that visited and simply ask if they need any assistance. We would clean throughout the day as the store would need a little bit of getting tidied. The management was well done, it was honestly better than my past workplaces. My co-workers were enjoyable to be around and we all got along just perfectly well. The hardest part of working there was only having 1 break throughout an entire day. Which, I got used to as I am active on being on my feet. The enjoyable part of working there though, was that everyone around was friendly and that the work was easy enough to handle. If I had a chance to work there again, I'd take it back in a heartbeat.
what I loved about working with new retail for me.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 28, 2016
I make sure I'm on time shelves and shoes are in the proper place its a must for me. Learnt summer is light and winter is dark clothing, but everyone I worked with I enjoy their company what makes my day better at the end of my shift.
Pros
Meeting and working with new people.
disgusting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 5, 2016
I Personally had an awful time working for Ardenes, the management was awful. Right from the store managers to the Regional.

When I quit my manager got in a verbal fight with me and was very unprofessional about the whole situation.
Pros
45 hour lunch breaks(which you couldn't breakn up)
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 12, 2016
I have enjoyed my job with Ardene since day one. It's a great part time job with great discounts on clothing and accessories. I have zero complaints about working for the company as a part time worker, just wish there were full time positions available.
Pros
fun, social, great discounts
Cons
no full time
Poor Management & Little Training
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKSeptember 15, 2016
I was job searching 3 days after getting my position at Ardene's. My manager was very green, had poor people skills, was impatient while "training" me and left me to figure out a lot of my responsibilities. When I asked questions, she rolled her eyes and/or was frustrated.

She was quick to point fingers if I made a mistake, even contacting me after work hours to correct me. She would do so in front of customers which is very unprofessional.

She also dismissed me without cause even though I worked hard during my shifts.

The back room for employees was disgusting and I never stayed there to eat. There was no respect for others belongings either.

The only positive was some of the girls I worked with were quite friendly and open to helping me learn the ropes.

I encourage you to read reviews of Ardene's before accepting employment. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Pros
Some co-workers were friendly. Regular paycheque.
Cons
See review.
Bad Management
Third Key/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 27, 2016
Bad unprofessional management. Talking to associates about the other associates.
Coworkers were generally good.
I learned that its unprofessional to ask to go home when someone in your family dies, and that you should just get your life together.
Love unpacking boxes.
Great team to work with
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
-Not many hours to work
-part-time; only management gets full time
-hardest part of the job is dealing with aggressive customers
-My manager is awesome she really cares about us and will stand behind us.
-co-workers are awesome and friendly for the most part, we all get along
-I've learnt how to deal with difficult and aggressive customers
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Almost no hours

2.7