Ardene Employee Reviews

Great Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS16 April 2017
A day at Ardene typically included working on cash, and stocking up and organizing the store. Everything was colour coded so that was a little tedious, but it keeps you busy throughout the day. We also had to take care of tasks such as cleaning, and returning clothes from the change rooms. My coworkers and managers were awesome and we all got along for the most part. I enjoy retail and I like the products at Ardene, so it was a great place to work.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Occasional drama
Fun Fast Paced Job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 April 2017
Lots of stock, and always something to do. Maintaining an Ardene store is not easy work, so you have to be physically capable. Everyone I met through this job was amazing, from store associates to the Regional Manager.
Not a bad place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON11 April 2017
Ardene provides a good work environment for those who like challenging employment, that is always changing. I overall enjoy my job, however I feel as though the pay is inadequate, and as a manager, you're unable to properly do your job. Head office is very disorganized. Work/ Life balance is very poor. The dress code is very fickle, and is hard for anybody to properly adhere to.
Pros
Fun, Challenging, Easy
Cons
Poor Hours, inadequate pay, no room for advancement
fun depending on the coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 April 2017
Just a horrible experience. The manager often did nothing but try on clothes and take selfies and abandon us without advising us she would be leaving the store.
Cons
horrible management
Unproductive, mentally and physically draining
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2017
I found as an employee at Ardene that there's not enough to do during long hours. I found myself standing around half the time because there just wasn't any work that needed to be done. Although my employees were fun to work with, I still came home after every shift feeling worn out and annoyed.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, unproductive, on feet all day
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2017
There is always something to do at Ardene because there is always something going on. Either you can organize clothes, sweep, mop, count tills, or help customers
Pros
Free lunches on busy days
Cons
the hours
A Day at Ardene
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 April 2017
Typically my day will being with opening the store either with or without management. This includes over looking the store for cleanliness and counting tills to make sure they are accurate from the night before. After opening I than follow directions from the manager to complete tasks around the store such as cleaning and stock tasks. I also partake in closing store procedures such as ensuring store cleanliness, counting tills, filling out deposits and the proper storing of money.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Commute
Incapable of treating employees like people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 April 2017
I worked for the company for around 7 months, and the reason I applied in the first place is that I love doing customer service and being helpful to others. The amount of emotional abuse and torture that the management puts you through is actually unbelievable. I have never seen such horrible behaviour. It's sad that I absolutely loved the job but the environment made me leave.. along with quite a few other employees.
Cons
No hours, lack of respect
racist
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
the manager was racist and very ignorant always made inappropriate remakes and made me and other employees feel uncomfortable always left staff on the sales floor alone
not worth it
3rd key visual (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
I quit after a month, with no notice and this is the first time I have done that. This place was a mess.

I left a few days after they fired my manager, and she was the only person keeping the place organized. Everything went downhill from there.

The stress was keeping me awake at night and the work was very demanding for very little pay. Not worth it at all.
Friendly place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
If you like to work with female accessories and retail this is it! you fold clothes, greet customers and deal with the cash relating transactions. If you are lucky enough to have a nice manager and key holder then working at ardene should be the nicest and easiest job ever.
Just like any other retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
At the outlet location, the sales-floor was always chaotic. The management was not bad, they were unprofessional at times, but for the most part they were accommodating to students desired work schedule.
Pros
Good employee discounts
Fun, Productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2017
Amazing clothing and accessories. Can be fun to work at, however some days there can be girl drama. Part Timers don't get any benefits. The discounts were GREAT!
Pros
Discounts/Nice stuff
Cons
Drama, No benefits for Part time, no bonuses (yearly)...
Loved the girls I worked with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 March 2017
Loved the girls I worked with, but the management was bad (never used loss prevention and did more work than the manager) and the rules/routines were always changing. Maybe it was just the location I worked at because the manager always seemed to have a bias toward some of our ages and she hated her job.
Pros
If you love customer service it's good place to work.
Cons
Not a lot of hours and your pay only goes up when the government changes minimum wage.
Productive but not fun work place
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2017
This is a fast paced environment . Hardest part of the job well everyday is hard in it's own way depending on what the day is like.Expect to work underpressure.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
unrealistic expectations, lack of work/life balance, upper management is unreliable at best
Productive enjoyable but strict
3rd key holder/sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2017
Greeting customers and making sure their needs are meet.
Keeping the store looking clean and neat
Getting stock/inventory out if we have received any.
Most enjoyable part of work is being able to see my colleagues
Pros
love the environment
Cons
Being on your feet all day
Love the Ardene Team !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 March 2017
Great place to work. All staff members are lovely and enjoyable to be around. Hours can be flexible and management is typically pretty understanding. Loved working here!
good for people in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 March 2017
this company was great for people who can work full time but not part time employees. hours were not consistent throughout the weeks. management differed as staff was not stable
Place to work at
Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 March 2017
Mangers and staffs are very discriminative,being 1scond late is a felony, bag checks are crazy ( is this a designer cloth store where cloths cost $300?), employee are constantly being looked at for theft, they treat their employees like slaves, they don't like being corrected, and they don't pay you for all the hours you work for.
Cons
Fun work place, get along with everyone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON1 March 2017
I loved working here and unfortunately I had to quit due to my leaving for university. The management was amazing and they always helped you out if you needed it. The friendliness helped make your shift go by quick and enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
hours as a student

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8