Ardene Employee Reviews in Canada

Great environment and staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and LabradorAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work for, surrounded by amazing staff and a FANTASTIC manager. Look forward to going to work and helping customers. A lot of rude customers really make you sick of cleaning though. Really discouraging. Otherwise, I enjoy every minute of stock, floor changes, and grid reworking!! Would recommend to anyone looking for a job which you have to be responsible and be very organized, quick thinking and a people person.
Pros
Great staff, awesome clothes and discounts
Cons
Rude, messy, clueless customers, long days
Love fashion, but change in managers made it not a fun place to work anymore
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJuly 9, 2016
Ardene was a great place to work, full of fashion and great people. Recently the store has become under new management and it turned to mood of the whole store around. The Lloydminster location just is not for me anymore, the new management hired all new employees and going to work in an unhappy environment is not what i want anymore. I did very much enjoy it before the new management.
Pros
Fashion, Interacting with customers, great co-workers
Cons
New management
Terrible Experience
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJuly 14, 2016
They barely take any time to train but are very quick to point out what a person is doing wrong. I didn't last even through my probation period I got so fed up with arriving only to be criticized and told everything I was doing was wrong I quit. I don't recommend this placement for a first job or you if take longer to become accustomed to new responsibilities or to a new environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible Training Procedures
It's not a bad place to work, it's ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 29, 2016
I do like working there, but there are some things that need to change.
1. There is never enough staff
2. I'm always doing the jobs of two people for one wage
3. Managers/assistsnt managers need to ease up a bit, especially when we are short staffed. I think they really don't realize how hard we actually work.
4. The managers/assistant managers/key holders need to abide by company policy, it is not fair to us " part timers" that ONLY get 15 minute breaks or a 30 minute lunch, where the higher ups take liberties of longer than allowed breaks.
They need to set better examples than what I've seen.
5. Hours are ok, but the hourly scheduling needs a major improvement.
Pros
Good discounts, friendly co-workers
Cons
No raises, no acknowlegement on a job well done, and some of the rules are a bit outragous.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 8, 2016
Usually a day here was okay, however the customers were terrible. They would disrespect the workers and their hard work and throw clothes from the rack onto the floor. The management was okay but would do whatever they pleased at times as the only camera faced the cash desk. However the staff got imposed with many rules from the district manager that were stupid and didn't make sense.
Fun workplace with great co-worker relationships and flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 11, 2016
Ardene is a fantastic place to work. A typical day includes operating a cash register and handling money as well as distributing stock and helping customers. Management is overall very helpful and friendly towards all of its employees. There are many co-worker relations that blossom into long-time friendships. It is a great environment to learn the basis of retail and to create great employee-customer relations.
Horrid Company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brandon ManitobaAugust 16, 2016
I've worked for this company for just short of a year and today I got fired. I got an infraction last week for the stupidest little things and was given two weeks to "fix my attitude or get out" as my district manager told me, and not even two weeks later, she fires me. The reason I got fired, as on my termination notice, is that I went home sick without manager approval. I'd outlasted many many staff members at my particular store. Always under staffed, way over stocked, getting 100+ boxes of stock per week, this company is a joke. Maybe as a start to retail it'd be okay, but I'd never ever suggest this company to anyone to work for. Management has no experience and doesn't know what they're doing, discrimination is horrid and prominent, breaks often aren't given if an employee isn't working their hardest and the pay is horrible. Don't go work for them.
Cons
Upbeat workplace, with great staff
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2016
We mostly do stock and customer service. The management team is great, and my coworkers are bright women, with charming personalities.

The hardest part of the job would be the hours. I don't get enough. As a part-timer, I understand that I am not a priority for scheduling,but I still need to pay my bills (which is why I'm looking for new employment). The most enjoyable part of the job is the poeple I work with every day. They're trully wonderful ladies.
Pros
The staff all get along very well.
Cons
Not enough hours/low wages.
Productive, fun workplace to work at
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 5, 2016
Ardene's was simple and productive. We would communicate with all of the customers that visited and simply ask if they need any assistance. We would clean throughout the day as the store would need a little bit of getting tidied. The management was well done, it was honestly better than my past workplaces. My co-workers were enjoyable to be around and we all got along just perfectly well. The hardest part of working there was only having 1 break throughout an entire day. Which, I got used to as I am active on being on my feet. The enjoyable part of working there though, was that everyone around was friendly and that the work was easy enough to handle. If I had a chance to work there again, I'd take it back in a heartbeat.
Organized, productive workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 26, 2016
I learned how to be a sales associate and how to properly organize the displays by colour/style. Management was professional but also very friendly and understanding. My co-workers were easy to work with and everyone did their part. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers pick out clothing they like
Not a very pleasant place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 27, 2016
i didn't work there to long but the time I spent there I'll never get back. The mangers overall very pretty much as bad as the employees. The way they all bad mouthed one another was appalling. It was like working with a bunch of children. (Actually that's a lie children are probably more well behaved).
Cons
Good wages, hours, co-workers. Very busy, difficult customers.
Seasonal / Part-time Sales Associate‬ (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 23, 2016
Wages and hours are good. Have met a lot of good friends from working here, however certain policies are difficult and unrealistic. A lot of customers can be difficult, sometimes understandable, sometimes for very little reason; can be hard to deal with it.
Great team to work with
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
-Not many hours to work
-part-time; only management gets full time
-hardest part of the job is dealing with aggressive customers
-My manager is awesome she really cares about us and will stand behind us.
-co-workers are awesome and friendly for the most part, we all get along
-I've learnt how to deal with difficult and aggressive customers
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Almost no hours
disgusting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 5, 2016
I Personally had an awful time working for Ardenes, the management was awful. Right from the store managers to the Regional.

When I quit my manager got in a verbal fight with me and was very unprofessional about the whole situation.
Pros
45 hour lunch breaks(which you couldn't breakn up)
Cons
poor management
what I loved about working with new retail for me.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 28, 2016
I make sure I'm on time shelves and shoes are in the proper place its a must for me. Learnt summer is light and winter is dark clothing, but everyone I worked with I enjoy their company what makes my day better at the end of my shift.
Pros
Meeting and working with new people.
staff is wonderful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2016
constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor and cleaning up after customers
I've learned to have great patience
Management tries their best
staff is wonderful...I wouldn't make it through the day without them
a lot of price changes very often...lots of wall display changes and too much stock
working with my staff
Bad Management
Third Key/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 27, 2016
Bad unprofessional management. Talking to associates about the other associates.
Coworkers were generally good.
I learned that its unprofessional to ask to go home when someone in your family dies, and that you should just get your life together.
Love unpacking boxes.
Would not work here.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 19, 2016
Probably one of the worst companies to work for, they don't care about you or what's going on in your life. They expect you to be available 24/7 no matter what.
The manger will always be in the back room doing who knows what, but god forbid you to go to the back room to grab a drink or go to the washroom.
If the phone rings, don't even try to answer it because one of the mangers will try and say it's "head office, or the district manager" when really it's a personal phone call.
don't even try to take off work because you'll get denied because "not enough people can cover your shift"
if you ever get written up expect your breach of policy paper to come in a month, because it takes a month to "fill out"

I mean if you like to be treated like your 5 years old this job is perfect for you.
Oh and your manager might look through your purse while your working to make sure your phone isn't gone.
Pros
Ablosulty nothing
Cons
Pretty much everything, management, can't work around your schedule.
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 29, 2016
I had many tasks to do at Ardene, between being a cashier, sales rep, folding clothes, doing stock or cleaning. There was always a job for you to do. I really enjoyed the staff they had there, they were really welcoming. The hardest part of the job was customers that were picky in clothing. Trying to find things in the store that matched a customers personality, being picky and all, was very challenging but it taught us how to approach the next person. The atmosphere was very bright and colorful. We were all very happy and enjoyed each other presence. The management was great.
Pros
Doing your own thing while still being a top co-worker
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
A Wonderful and positive company
3rd Key/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 17, 2016
Working within this company has had a positive impact in my work environment, I have learned how to approach and handle unsatisfied customers along with creating a positive relationship with customers whom, in return become reoccurring shoppers. Management has taught me leadership skills, as well as assisting me into growing within the company. I enjoy working with my co-workers, creating a positive work place.
Pros
Staff
Cons
N\A

2.7