Ardene

Ardene Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discounts
Hated it here, not enough hours and girls where catty. You had to mange both costumers and the tasks given to you for your shift.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch breaks and sometimes a 15 also
Cons: short shifts/ and only two people are allowed to book the same day off at a time.
Not allowed to speak to other staff unless outside of work only. But overall a great place to work. Hours get cut a lot after Christmas holiday's. But I love my job regardless. Could have trained us better when you start but it is not hard to figure out, and you can always ask for help.
Great team to work with
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort st JohnFebruary 20, 2015
i had the best team to work with and it was a good work environment for the most part. i have considered going back just as a part time employee.
Great employees
sales associate (Current Employee), toronto ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fast paced enviorment
Cons: poor working habbits
clean the floors
make sure all the clothes are folded
count the tils
put out stock if there is any read
read e-mails from head office
clean the change rooms
Productive fast-paced workplace with great advancements
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great staff
A daily work review of assisting customers with purchases, managing stock and inventory, finalizing payroll, controlling budgets through sales goals and working directly with the district manager to achieve store success.
Discriminatory management
Salesperson (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Work environment is extremely tense and catty due to problems caused by management. Impossible to get days off even months in advance. If you are sick, too bad, they will make you work anyways. Lost your voice? Too bad, you can communicate in writing to customers apparently.
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: awesome discount, good co workers
Cons: no raises, no senority, terrible upper management, stores are cramped, hours unevenly given, drama
Some times it's good, some times it's bad. Management outside the store is horrible. Head office doesn't care about what the employees want or need. A lot of Drama. People who don't want to be management are forced into the position while others who want the positions are swept aside. Do not work here if you are claustrophobic or clumsy. The stores are cramped and injuries happen often.
productive and fun workplace
3rd key (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work is assisting customers and their needs, as well as getting stock out on the floor. my co-workers and management make it the most enjoyable place to work.
Productive and fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton & Windsor, ONJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work starts by figuring out tasks to be done. Cleaning, helping customers to the best of my ability, reorganizing merchandise, and doing stock.

The management team is always willing to lend a helping hand whether it be a mundane task like moving slippers or helping deal with a difficult situation. Coworkers are all very enjoyable to work with. Positive mindsets, and team based environments have made my time with the company a great experience.

Through the last year I've learned to deal with difficult customers in a respectful and swift manner. Generally needing little to no help.
Trendy
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 13, 2014
Lot of stocking
MUST provide great customer service
Great co workers
The environment makes you want to show up to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MarkhamDecember 3, 2014
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: rude, self-entitled customers
Every shift is different but the people you work with make or break your experience there. If you don't enjoy the job you are at, you'll never want to show up. I had no problems balancing school and work but holidays are rough because you become REQUIRED to be there. So if you are like me and have your family in another country, you can't go home for the holidays. It's retail.. It doesn't work that way. However, they are awesome when it comes to school and after the holiday "away time" or even before the black out period.
Horrible Experience, Bad management and organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Polo park, WinnipegNovember 27, 2014
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: everything
Day one of the job I walked in excited and ready to start a new job, the assistant manager who interviewed and hired me asked if I was there to drop off a resume. I had never felt so insulted, I began my "orientation" by being put straight to work with no training at all. I was told the manager would be in later to begin "orientation". A girl who I presumed was another assistant manager barked at me for not doing stuff right and had a girl watch and make sure I did what i was told. Nobody showed me how to punch in and out, I ended up working longer than scheduled. Got in trouble for not watching the time ( I had no watch or clock to view). Their was no communication between the assistant who hired me and management, I had no idea who was the manager until I gave my resignation. It was the worst working experience i've ever encountered, I felt so unwelcome working there and will not recommend anyone work there.
Fun and generally fast paced enviroment
Key Holder (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: always kept busy
Cons: not enough staff to keep up a lot of the time
A typical day at Ardene involved a lot of customer interaction and merchandising. The location I was employed at was an Ardene outlet and we often received upwards of 100 boxes of stock a week and were encouraged to not have anything in the back room.

My manager was a lovely energetic woman who does a great job at keeping everyone on task while always cultivating a positive environment. My co-workers and I got along perfectly and it made for a great place to go almost every day.

The hardest part of the job was always dealing with an over flow of stock or just the struggles of dealing with a customer who doesn't feel their experience has been positive. The most enjoyable part of my job was always getting to put the stock on the floor and seeing it come together, and when a customer came in and I could help them find what they needed, that was always a great feeling.
Productive work place
Full time, Assistant Manager (Current Employee), 369 Main streetNovember 26, 2014
We get stock every Wednesday. It's my job to organize the stock and prepare it to come out in groups. Then its ready for my co-workers and I to get them out in the store. I love all my co-workers at Ardene. The most enjoyable part would be helping out the customers and trying to find what there looking for.
Retail Fashion Industry
Customer Service Representative & Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2014
A typical day at my job would be to provide excellent customer service and making sure every customer is being looked after. If customers are happy and satisfied, the sales target is also met. Also, It's very important to maintain an organized and presentable environment. Overall, the key is to multitask in order to fulfill the needs of the retail industry.
The worst retail has to offer
Third Key Holder (Former Employee), Montreal,QcNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good discount 50% off promos, and 15% off 80% pretty worth it
Cons: literally everything else
Ardene seems like it would be an easy enough job, however getting 100+ boxes a week is a little ridiculous, especially when it is expected to be out right away. No help from supervisors. A lot of the managers have been there for way too long and they are incredibly uneducated and unprofessional. If you want to get your foot into the door of retail its not a bad root to go, but you'll have your work cut out for you, if you already have worked in retail RUN the other way, because joining this company will be the worst decision of your life.
Unprofessional and disrespectful
Third key holder (Former Employee), Stratford ontarioNovember 4, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: shady company
Worked at ardene for 2 months before they blind sided me 1 month before my probation period was over and dismissed me, they accused me of forcing other employees to do my work, not listening to the manager and taking extra breaks, and get this going to the washroom too much! None of the things they had accused me of had I done nor heard a complaint or warning about and when I denied it they said to me in a snark voice "we have cameras" trying to intimidate me.. I came into work and was attacked randomly by the manager who is completely un professional, lacks communication skills, and is disorganized and is easily overwhelmed and the district supervisor who is rude and talks down to you, like you're a child. I was clearly terminated for personal reasons and not professional ones because the issues could have been easily fixed with communication, I felt while working there I was in highschool again all the girls would talk behind your back and backstab you to get more hours or get you in trouble, the environment is unsafe because the thermostat is broken making it insanely hot and dry which means you constantly get dehydrated and dizzy head office is aware but does nothing about it! I was not trained properly they did not have an assistant nor manager for a month of my team working there so we were trained by 3 different managers from Kitchener talk about dis organized!! The new manager is not professional at all ever since she was hired the store has fallen a part and it will crash and burn, Tracy should have never left her 12 year manager position the store is a complete mess and people are being treated unfairly simply because the manager, assistant manager and supervisor think they are above everyone else because of their titles! I would not recommend anyone work at the Stratford ontario location or at any ardene this company is shady!
Horrible!
Third Keyholder (Former Employee), Camrose, ABOctober 11, 2014
Cons: long hours, no breaks, no staff, no remorse for family emergencies
I had ONE day of training as keyholder. There was only myself, the acting manager, and another sales floor associate working there at this time. I was working completely by myself 4/5 shifts. The acting manager had a horrible work ethic, came in late and expected me to work all the stock and help customers while she got to play around on her phone. The sales floor associate would work, but once she was done one task she never took the initiative to find something else to do, or to ask what to do. I never got ANY of my breaks working here. Not a 15, not half an hour or an hour for lunch, nothing. The district manager was SUPPOSED to come and work with me when I was scheduled alone, which was like I said 4/5 shifts. SHE WAS NEVER THERE FOR ME! The hardest part of my job? Doing everything by myself and not getting any breaks. Trying to provide customer service when you got couriers ringing the bell at the back to be let in, then trying to put stock out all at once by yourself just is not possible. I learned to not depend on other people for help, because when I did I was given the shaft. You were also expected to take the bank deposit, on your dime might I add, to the bank and deposit it ON YOUR TIME. So not only did I NOT get any breaks, I never got any compensation for driving across town to make the bank deposits! I did not enjoy any part of this job at all. They are always short staffed, and now I understand why. They do not care about their coworkers! My grandmother was on her deathbed, and I was told I had to come to work. That is why I no longer work at Ardene. Sure no breaks, always alone, no guidance what so ever. You don't come between my family and I. My grandma died 2 days later after I quit. Quitting was the best thing I ever did!
cult like tendencies
management (Former Employee), British ColumbiaOctober 3, 2014
Ardene in western canada runs like a cult. You are forced to do things that are inconvenient for you and your life, they make you feel that you are not going to get any better treatment in any other company anywhere else so you stay omongst all the abuse. Not to mention all of the HR breaches made by district supervisors. They are sure to have a large account at labour relations. Raise incentives are never given nor any acknowledgements in regards to pay increases.
Great Workplace, fun and productive
3rd Key Holder (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Great job and a great company! Well organized and structured management

1 2 3 4 5

About Ardene

Ardène is a Canadian clothing and accessories retailer based in Montreal, Quebec. Ardène sells a variety of jewelry, – Read more