Ardene

Ardene Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fast-paced environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: Co-workers are reliable
Cons: Very long hours
Typical day at work: putting out stock/re-arranging sections, while helping customers with their needs such as clothing sizes, putting together outfits, giving them a fitting room, maintaining the store because it gets messy very quickly (clearance outlet), cashing out customers, do the end of the day closing, and once it's time to go home, leave the store neat and tidy.
Great Atmosphere
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 14, 2015
Great employees, always willing to help the customers, very organized store with lots of product. employees are very friendly, always a pleasure to come to work everyday.
Fun and really easy workplace, free lunches.
Full-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 8, 2015
Pros: free luches/dinner/breakfast
Cons: boring
This job is very easy going, regular wage. It's a sale warehouse so the customer is always trying to bargain with you. The management is really nice and they buy you lunch everyday.
i did enjoy it a lot
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2015
Fun
Managing the store and work as a team
Good time management
Everything is detailed
When is not organized
Do my job perfect and make the company hapy
Productive and fun workplace
Clothing Sale Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: snacks and drinks on break time
A typical day at work would involve greeting customers and informing them about new promotions everyday. I learned a lot of skills from this workplace, which is auditing, problem solving skills, working under pressure. Management was very organized and caring of their customers and employees satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the day is talking to customers and helping them with whatever they need.
Good experience
Ardene Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Good people to work with
Cons: Not enough hours, not enough breaks
It was okay, I did not enjoy it all the time but it was a great experience to learn new things in stock areas and meet new people. I learned how to do different things within this job.
Poor Management
sales associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2015
One of the worst places to work at, management cares little about their employees well being. Complaints aren't taken seriously and often go overlooked.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2015
Pros: large discount
Cons: large discounts
A very busy place which i enjoyed. I learned to work with teenagers and how to explain things in a more detailed fashion. The hardest part of the job was dealing with aggravated customers at christmas time.
The staff members are incredible workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: poor management
Management isn't strong, and cannot handle other staff members disagreeing with them. Rules and policies of a manager are being taking advantage of, and they do not follow the same rules and policies the sales associates follow as indicated in the manual.
Good entry level job.
Sales associate (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 9, 2015
Good place to start in retail. Busy and a lot of merchandising involved, good to learn how to deal with customers and various other retail duties. Found them a little disorganized in management, but that was a long time ago and could have been improved. Varies from location to location.
Worst place to work
Third Key Holder (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: 30% to 50% discount
Cons: no pay increases, unpredictable hours, does not give references, under staffed, does not allow you to go back to school, does not hire men
I do not recommend working here, not even to my worst enemy.
The pay is extremely low; the lowest I've ever encountered in any retail job. Benefits are only given to Managers and Assistant Managers as well as pay increases. I have only been making minimum wage for 3 years!
I will be going back to school soon, and since Ardene does not demote employees, my supervisor has asked me to quit.
I've also been informed that Ardene does not give references so working for them is entirely pointless.
I love the customers but the hours are rediculous. You are often expected to work 12 hour shift five days a week then the following month you might get 3 shifts four hour shifts a week. They care more about their wage cost then their employees. I have been asked serveral times to work late while not on the clock because they are under staffed and can't afford to pay me.
DO NOT WORK HERE!
great environment and fun workplace
key holder (Current Employee), waterdownMarch 8, 2015
inventory, cleaning the store floor, cash register transactions, opening and closing the store, setting store alarm
productive and full on new experience
Assistance manager (Former Employee), eglinmillsMarch 3, 2015
o Great communication abilities in order to improve financial situation
o Fully knowledgeable about Loans, Credit cards and Accounts
o Capable of analyzing sales and costs in order to meet the forecasts

o Time and resource management for different projects in a fast pace environment (working with Arena Software to create supply chain management systems)
o Cost analysis and expense management in order to meet the budget
o Financial analysis

o Fully knowledgeable with all MS office software
o Created many flow charts and tables using Google Software
Nice workplace with music.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches, discount on the clothes.
Cons: none in particular for this job.
I would come in and count cashes. I would serve clients and fold clothes. If there were boxes that came in, a co-worker and I made sure to get most of the clothes out of the boxes and on the floors as fast as we could, Sometimes if my boss couldn't come in for the day I would open and close the store by myself.
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discounts
Hated it here, not enough hours and girls where catty. You had to mange both costumers and the tasks given to you for your shift.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch breaks and sometimes a 15 also
Cons: short shifts/ and only two people are allowed to book the same day off at a time.
Not allowed to speak to other staff unless outside of work only. But overall a great place to work. Hours get cut a lot after Christmas holiday's. But I love my job regardless. Could have trained us better when you start but it is not hard to figure out, and you can always ask for help.
Great team to work with
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort st JohnFebruary 20, 2015
i had the best team to work with and it was a good work environment for the most part. i have considered going back just as a part time employee.
Great employees
sales associate (Current Employee), toronto ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fast paced enviorment
Cons: poor working habbits
clean the floors
make sure all the clothes are folded
count the tils
put out stock if there is any read
read e-mails from head office
clean the change rooms
Productive fast-paced workplace with great advancements
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great staff
A daily work review of assisting customers with purchases, managing stock and inventory, finalizing payroll, controlling budgets through sales goals and working directly with the district manager to achieve store success.
Discriminatory management
Salesperson (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Work environment is extremely tense and catty due to problems caused by management. Impossible to get days off even months in advance. If you are sick, too bad, they will make you work anyways. Lost your voice? Too bad, you can communicate in writing to customers apparently.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ardene

Ardène is a Canadian clothing and accessories retailer based in Montreal, Quebec. Ardène sells a variety of jewelry, – Read more