Ardene Employee Reviews

fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 December 2017
lots of fun! I really enjoyed working here and would recommend that anyway wondering if they should apply should definitely give it a shot! You won't regret it.
Not a very good environment to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 December 2017
It was exhausting not because of the work load but, because of the employee's there. Some were just not nice. They were rude and I was trying to be positive the entire time but, it was hard to work in that kind of environment, knowing people didn't really like you. Even the manager is rude. I understand that when you have a job not everyone is going to be nice but, the manager was terrible. She literally doesn't care if you are sick or if you have a family emergency she expects you to come to work anyway. There was one employee who had just come out of the hospital THAT DAY and the manager still made her come to work. The manager would make such a big deal if you stayed home for ANY reason at all. The manager would literally say "if you can walk then you can come to work."
fun workplace
Other task assigned by Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
a very fun and nice environment to work, nice management team, easy, could be very busy, returing mahendise to their spot was quite hard. telling people about great deals was the best part.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Oaks and Square One28 November 2017
the people there are nice, learned a lot from the job. Enjoyed working there with the staff and the system there is pretty good compared to stores selling similar merchandise.
Pros
Hours, people
Cons
can be overwhelming during busy times
Fun environment and lovable family
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2017
I was my dad assistant during the summer of 2016-2017 which was a great way to build my excel knowledge. Hardest part of job was having to make sure you got everything calculated correctly or else the shippings would be wrong and you would have to restart which would take hours.
Pros
Free clothing
Cons
Working only in the summer
Terrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 November 2017
Don't work here.
Lots of hard work and no respect for doing it.
No respect from the managers.
Terrible management.
Lots of gossip.
Too much stock.
Company doesn't trust employees.
Pros
Good employee discount, thats about it.
Cons
Terrible management and no respect.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB18 November 2017
Working at this establishment was a very fulfilling and education job about the retail industry, whilst working there I learned a lot about customer service, retail stock, product placement & supply and demand needs.
Pros
Pick your own break
Cons
Not enough shifts
Failed to commit
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 November 2017
Management promised too much to their employee's and failed to meet the needs of their employee's. I believed that this would be a wonderful experience, but turned sour within months of employment due to lack of professionalism.
Pros
Discount
Cons
All girls ( very clicky)
Well ... it's a job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 November 2017
Not a great company to work for. No benefits, or wage increases. The other employees tend to be catty and there is a lot of drama in the workplace... you would think this could be 'fixed' by speaking with the DM, but unfortunately she is too 'buddy buddy' with the store managers to do anything about it.
Managers/third keys sit out back socializing/on cellphones while sales associates are out on the floor doing the work.
Pros
30% discount on clothing and footwear
Co workers were amazing, Manager was horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2017
I felt like i was underpaid because I was a sales associate and I was also told to do stock which is a hard and complicated task. The work wasnt too hard overall but my manager was terrible and is the reason i left. She changed the schedule too often and didnt give us the schedules two weeks in advance like she was supposed to
Pros
got to work on cash
Cons
schedule changes too often
ses bien ordinaire
Accueillir et conseiller les clients (Current Employee) –  Roberval, QC28 October 2017
on devrais avoir plus davantage et devolution de poste
Very rude manager, don’t know what they are doing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2017
I worked for ardene 1 year and a half, hate this place, rude manager, if you’re new, the manager will abuse of you, you have to sell alot if not they will be mad at you, you can’t communicate with your coworkers if you do you get an advice, but if the managers talk between them it’s okay, the managers don’t know what they are doing, you got your schedule 3 day or less in advance, all the stores smells like plastic, bathroom in the backstore not working... the only that kept me going to work was to be with my coworkers who are the best
Pros
The team is fun and amazing
Cons
Everything, Minimum salary
Productive and fun workplace to work in
Key Holder / Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2017
It was a very fun and enjoyable place, I knew the products very well, and loved them ! I learned a lot working there and I made some good friends as well.
Nice when you are in between jobs
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 October 2017
This job is not ideal for anyone with a busy life. It seemed like the manager wanted me to put this part-time seasonal 'in-the-meantime' job before my schooling, before my co-op, and before any other thing that mattered. I understand her passion and looking out for the brand, but there should be a a balance.

I did enjoy the sense of kindness everyone showed to one another- everyone was always willing to help one another when needed. The managers were willing to accommodate different situations when given notice.

A typical day is spent reorganizing and greeting people. You are not cashing anyone out, you are not doing much more than helping people find things, cleaning and organizing.
Pros
nice people, discount on your purchases, shared snacks sometimes
Cons
not that flexible, scan be slow at time
1 des emploie que j’ai préférée
Assistante gerante (Former Employee) –  Pointe-aux-trembles, QC16 October 2017
Gestion des horaire, de l’inventaire et open close
Emploi peu gratifiant
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC16 October 2017
Probablement l'emploi le moins gratifiant que j'ai eu. Les gérantes ne soulignaient jamais le travail bien fait et réprimandaient les erreurs tout haut, devant tout le monde. Elles parlaient également dans le dos de toutes les employées. L'atmosphère était toujours tendue et négative. J'espère que le tout a changé depuis le temps, car je crois qu'avec une meilleure gestion, cet emploi aurait été très agréable.
Pros
Collègues sympathiques
Cons
Atmosphère négative, mauvaise gestion
Great Retail experiance
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 October 2017
learned a lot about fashion and retail business was fun and employees and employer had a great relationship. Worked on group projects and by myself as well manager was very friendly and so was the other coworkers made time there fun and enjoyable
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
Great place to work, very reasonable hours. Long days as it is retail. Very busy during the christmas season but no complaints about hours or work environment
great place to work, not so great managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 October 2017
The manager that i worked for is very childish. Talks about employees to other employees behind their backs, likes too much drama, not professional at all.
It was fun in the beginning but stressful in the end.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2017
I had to leave because the job is becoming stressful. My manager is okay but sometimes the task is becoming more impossible, and it feels like I don't get the praise of working hard. I know it was time to leave when my manager commented about the small things ( like I should fold the shirts facing the store, or I did not complete moving the shoe wall in the amount hours were given, which is freaking impossible to do ) instead of praising the big things I've done.

It was okay if you want a part-time job as a student, but not as full-time.
Pros
nice co-workers and manager
Cons
- impossible tasks, short break, cleaning tasks (extremely tiring), strict manager when it comes to cleaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8