Arctic Glacier

Arctic Glacier Employee Reviews in Canada

not a great company to work for
DZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Bad management, good option for students, lots of hours very less pay , hard work , unsafe . would not recommend to a person who have back issues
Great Company, Good staff, fair wages.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of me and my line partner starting and setting up equipment,cleaning it if necessary. I worked both sections of the line bagging blocks of ice, and packaging them into bigger bags which weighed up to 50 pounds, and then lifting and stacking them on pallets consisting of 144 blocks each. I learned a lot about time management and working a line as a team to get the job done as effectively as possible. the hardest part of the job was the lifting but it became easier the more that I worked and exercised. The most enjoyable part was getting in shape and learning new things.
if you like the cold in the summer its the job for you
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 27, 2013
2 shifts. 8-10 hours days depending on the ice orders for the week. Stacking pallets of ice for most of the day. Co-workers were all easy to get along with/work with. Hardest part of the job was all of the lifting. Most enjoyable part was working in a freezer when its over 100 degrees outside.
Pros
cool work environment
Cons
no ice orders, no work.
Not great
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2012
Not much room for advancement, pay below average. Can be friendly as long as you don't voice your opinion or disagree with anything
Arctic Glacier is an awesome company to work for.
Regional Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 17, 2012
My position with Arctic Glacier was Regional Administrative Support. Fast paced and very busy in the summer months. Completed many different tasks each day.
Pros
full time days
Cons
covered for maternity, sick leave then it was seasonal employment