Shop/Yard Laborer – High River, AB
FULL TIME POSITION
We are currently looking for a Shop/Yard Laborer for our High River warehouse.
Arctic Arrow Powerline Group is a Canadian owned and operated full service transmission, distribution, and design powerline consultant and contractor. We currently provide service throughout the Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Northern Washington State. Remote areas are our specialty and we have performed worked for our clients in places like Toba Inlet, BC, Stave Lake, BC, Blue River, BC, Horne River, BC, and Pelly Crossing, YT. We have extensive experience in mining, oil and gas, utilities, and wind industries, and our clients include the following companies: BC Hydro, FortisBC, FortisAB, Teck, Petro Canada, Imperial Oil, ATCO Utilities, Murphy Oil, Metro Can Construction, Rogers Cable, Bell Mobility, and Telus.
Arctic Arrow Powerline Group has a main office in Surrey, B.C., with additional regional offices, field offices, and yards across British Columbia, Alberta, and the Yukon.
This position is responsible to provide general labor in support of the Fleet department.
- Hours: 8hrs/day, 5 days/week, but willing to work irregular hours as required
1. General shop duties
2. Truck cleaning
3. Building and yard maintenance as assigned by Fleet Coordinator
4. Day to day operations and maintenance of tool crib
5. Maintain warehouse safety and cleanliness
6. Other duties as designated by the Fleet Coordinator
- Physically fit – capable of lifting, bending, and meeting physical demands of job.
- Job task planning and organizing.
- Good communicator and able to work well as part of a team worker.
- Energetic and able to act on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Knowledge of hand tools used in the power line construction an asset.
- Class 1 with air endorsement preferred; will consider Class 3 with air endorsement.
- Completion of Grade 12 Education.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a related role in a utility, contractor, construction or similar environment.
- $20 to $25 per hour, depending on qualifications
How to express your interest:
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your cover letter and resume quoting Shop/Yard Laborer directly to careers @ arcticarrowgroup.com. This posting will remain live until the position has been filled. For more background information on our company, please visit our website at www.arcticarrowgroup.com.