Contracts Clerk - Kelowna, BC
FULL TIME POSITION
We are currently looking for a Contracts Clerk for our Kelowna Office.
Arctic Arrow Powerline Group is a Canadian owned and operated full service transmission, distribution, and design powerline consultant and contractor. We currently provide service throughout the Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Northern Washington State. Remote areas are our specialty and we have performed worked for our clients in places like Toba Inlet, BC, Stave Lake, BC, Blue River, BC, Horne River, BC, and Pelly Crossing, YT. We have extensive experience in mining, oil and gas, utilities, and wind industries, and our clients include the following companies: BC Hydro, FortisBC, FortisAB, Teck, Petro Canada, Imperial Oil, Atco Utilities, Murphy Oil, Metro Can Construction, Rogers Cable, Bell Mobility, and Telus.
Arctic Arrow Powerline Group has a main office in Surrey, B.C., with additional regional offices, field offices, and yards across British Columbia, Alberta, and the Yukon.
Reporting to the Manager, Design and Estimating, this position is responsible to provide administrative support for all bidding and contract activities throughout the company.
- Leads or assists with the preparation and assembly of proposals
- Reviews tender websites for potential opportunities -- BC Bid, MERX, Alberta Purchasing Connection, SaskTenders, CoolNET Alberta, etc
- Updates and maintains AAPGL Proposal list and Repository in SharePoint
- Ensure certificate of insurance, bid bond, course of construction for projects are issued by insurance broker
- Lead or assist with the preparation and assembly of prequalification's
- Update and maintain Customer Price Lists on SharePoint
- Detail orientated to ensure bid compliance
- Submission and tracking accountability
- Completion of Grade 12 Education, with some related post-secondary courses in from a recognized institution is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a related role in a utility, contractor, construction or similar environment
- Experience with bid tender and proposal documents
- Ability to take direction and support multiple managers
- Flexibility to work on a variety of complex projects/issues
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Strong skills computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel, Sharepoint, PowerPoint
- Good level of financial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships and to use discretion and confidentially as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong, planning and organizational skills,
- Proven decision making competence
- Mature and able to work independently without direction and guidance when required
- Experience in AR, AP and time entry
How to express your interest:
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your covering letter and resume quoting Contracts Clerk directly to careers @ arcticarrowgroup.com by Feb 28, 2014. For more background information on our company, please visit our website www.arcticpowersystems.com.