FULL TIME POSITION
We are currently looking for an Accountant for our Surrey Office.
Arctic Arrow Powerline Group is a Canadian owned and operated full service transmission, distribution, and design powerline consultant and contractor. We currently provide service throughout the Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Northern Washington State. Remote areas are our specialty and we have performed worked for our clients in places like Toba Inlet, BC, Stave Lake, BC, Blue River, BC, Horne River, BC, and Pelly Crossing, YT. We have extensive experience in mining, oil and gas, utilities, and wind industries, and our clients include the following companies: BC Hydro, FortisBC, FortisAB, Teck, Petro Canada, Imperial Oil, Atco Utilities, Murphy Oil, Metro Can Construction, Rogers Cable, Bell Mobility, and Telus.
Arctic Arrow Powerline Group has a main office in Surrey, B.C., with additional regional offices, field offices, and yards across British Columbia, Alberta, and the Yukon.
The Accountant is responsible for a variety of accounting tasks including overseeing the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll functions.
- Maintains Chart of Accounts
- Implements any policy or procedural changes
- Government reporting and remittances (GST, PST, Receiver General)
- WCB reporting and remittances(BC, YT, AB, NWT)
- Management payroll processing (including RRSP contributions)
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconciles AR, AP sub ledgers to general ledger, applying documents, over/under payments adjustment
- Great Plains Dynamics 2010 (GP) superuser
- Papersave software superuser
- Weekly report to AR for invoice processing
- Sets up projects in GP
- Yearend T4 & Management payroll
- Manages personal mileage collection (monthly)
- Overflow of AR function
- Cash Receipts
- Credit and Collections
- Maintains fixed asset, depreciation, prepayment, accrual schedules
- ITC recapture on LOA (monthly)
- Updates CPR (financial reporting system - excel)
- Produces month end financial reports
- Variance analysis prepared for Controller at month end
- Update working papers monthly
- Assists with yearend audit
- Provides work direction to accounting staff
- At least 3 years post qualified CPA designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- At least 5 years progressive experience in an accounting environment. Thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience in Great Plains Dynamics 2010 or 2013 required.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills is required. Must have the ability to work with complex spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to make decisions and work with limited supervision.
- Experience in a project based company or in a related industry is an asset
- Proficient in Word, Access, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new software as required.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff within different functional areas of the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills
- Ability to shift priorities and reach varying deadlines. Strong “can-do” approach to work.
- Professional demeanor and appearance
How to express your interest:
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your covering letter and resume quoting Accountant directly to careers @ arcticarrowgroup.com by Feb 28, 2014. For more background information on our company, please visit our website www.arcticpowersystems.com.
Indeed - 5 months ago