Archipelago Marine Research Ltd., established in 1978, is a Victoria-based consulting firm specializing in national and international commercial fisheries monitoring and marine environmental assessment services. Archipelago is a recognized world leader in the development and delivery of fisheries monitoring programs and monitoring technology.
The Executive/Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a high level of administrative support to the CEO, Board of Directors, Executive Team, and others as needed. The Executive/Administrative Assistant will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will interact with external clients and staff at all levels. This position will also require some front desk and telephone reception duties. This is a full time position based on 37.5 hours per week.
- Coordinate schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements
- Liaise with internal and external contacts on behalf of the CEO and other VP’s/Executives
- Prepare or edit memos, reports, presentations and reviews for the CEO and other VP’s/Executives at an advanced level
- Track key commitments, maintain calendar/bring forward files, ensure notification of upcoming deadlines and assist with meeting preparations
- Handle highly complex, sensitive and confidential information, materials and communication with good judgement, discretion and tact
- Prepare and reconcile expense reports, credit card statements and reimbursements
- Prepare/review basic contract documents and maintain corporate contract records
- Organize and maintain CEO and other VP’s/Executives files, correspondence and other records
- Provide part-time daily front desk and reception backup and full-time holiday relief
- Other administrative support as required
Post-secondary education in Business or Office Administration is an asset
- 3+ years related experience
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, accountability and respect
- Self-initiative with a “can do” attitude
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including sound judgment and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to tactfully interact and influence stakeholders at all levels inside and outside the organization
- Excellent organizational skills combined with the ability to prioritize and track work and project timelines
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow through and deliver results in a timely manner
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Archipelago offers a compensation package that includes; health and dental benefits package, health care and wellness spending account, and RRSP contributions. We have a socially responsible and flexible corporate culture, and provide training and development opportunities for our employees.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Archipelago Marine Research works with fisheries, governments, and coastal communities around the world to help manage and maintain our...