The Electronic Monitoring Divisions of Archipelago Marine Research Ltd. are now hiring for data technicians to work with all incoming information generated by its fishery monitoring projects. Hours of work are irregular with occasional evening and weekend work required.
Hourly Wage Range: $17.50 – $20.50
- Viewing of predetermined imagery for trips made by fishing vessels with EM units onboard
- Interpretation of fishing data captured by Electronic Monitoring systems
- Data entry of information generated within the fishery monitoring projects
- Recording findings electronically and providing feedback to the appropriate staff
- Maintenance of data storage and filing systems
- Routine and ad hoc data reporting including electronic uploading of data
- Liase with field staff and other service areas regarding data quality and other data issues
- Experience with data entry, manipulation and analysis
- Highly self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work flexible schedules including irregular hours
- Ability to work independently, follow procedures, and meet strict timelines
- Must be computer savvy and be comfortable navigating through various applications simultaneously
- Commercial fishing knowledge and/or experience an asset
- Ability to identify commercially important marine species an asset
- Post Secondary education in a related field
Application Deadline: June 27rd, 2014
Note: Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
Archipelago Marine Research works with fisheries, governments, and coastal communities around the world to help manage and maintain our...