Archer Daniels Midland

Archer Daniels Midland Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Large global company with many opportunities to learn.
Director, Tax Controversy and Global Income Tax (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 16, 2015
This is a company with a large global footprint. There are issues that you become involved in that few other corporations would have.
Good Corporation to work for
ADM GLOBAL SECURITY- SECURITY PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJune 12, 2015
Great coworkers, management is always helpful, great experience from the years worked here, I would recommend this company to anyone coming out of college
Good growth opportunities for grads.
Plant Manager (Former Employee), USAJune 2, 2015
College graduates are provided good opportunity for challenging, rewarding, growth. Hourly employee opportunities really depends on the division. Solid corporate leadership but like any company, there are people in mid-management who are more centered on making themselves look good.
Good pay Bad management
Previous employee (Former Employee), Springfield MOApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Extremely poor management and poor communication
The pay is good but it's like being in high school there is a lot of drama. Poor management they don't care about the employees unless your a favorite
Great company !!!!
Intern training (Former Employee), New OrleansApril 14, 2015
Pros: I got to sleep with my bosses wife after just one year working there at least 3 times a week !!!
Cons: It cost me my job
I loved working here , learned fast , steady work & co workers were cool and the things they teach you depend on how assertive you are and how positive your attitude remains
Busy Environment with Great People
Mill Operator (Former Employee), Burlington, WYApril 13, 2015
- Fast Paced Job
- Great Management
- Heavy Equipment
- Team Work Required
- The hardest part of work was the cold. Being in a warehouse in the winter, temperatures could be 0 fahrenheit for 8 hours!
Intensed work schedule
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Decatur, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great compensation
Cons: Working nights
I was working swing shifts, 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts monthly. I've learned a great deal in the lab about safety and also the importance of getting product out to customers in a timely fashion. The hardest part about this job was the time away from my family and working swing shifts took a tool on my body.
Poor Advancement Oppertunity
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Decatur IlMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Decent wages
Cons: Poor management
Persons with degrees are looked down upon by those who are directly above them who don't have a degree. This creates a tense environment when discussing matters of change in policy or procedure.
Fast paced trading and merchandising market.
Grain Merchandising Clerk (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good medical benefits and dollar for dollar 401K match.
Cons: Extensive hours during harvest and short breaks.
The grain merchandisers would bring trading and futures invoices to me. I would input invoice into computer system. I would make and receive calls from branch locations obtaining invoices and input them into computer system. I would balance and check them for accuracy and inventory purposes. I would then report to the Chicago Board of Trade the completed and balanced trades by the close of the stock market each day.
I worked closely with many grain merchandisers, management, and accounting specialists correcting any errors when at times my books did not balance. I learned to work with various personalities and several different departments and locations for the optimum and accurate end of the day inventory balance.
The fast paced time crunch to report with accuracy was one of the most challenging yet also the most rewarding and enjoyable parts of this job as the positions of entire grain market for this company hits the stock market floor upon my daily reporting.
BAD place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Langhorne PennsylvaniaMarch 20, 2015
Do not work here you will sit at customers for 2 hours And not get paid they say they care about you and your family but they don't you will work 70 hours a week never see your family you have all different Start times STAY AWAY
Operator
Operator (Former Employee), Hooker, OkMarch 18, 2015
I worked for this company for 5 years. Only decent thing was the benefits. The workers aren't appreciated at all. The plant managers are just worried about their bonuses at the end of the year. We worked our butts off and they show nothing to appreciate. The management is a joke. Your told to follow the rules, and when you report something to the Management, they do nothing about unless it will effect their jobs.
Culture is a bit weak, but new management wants to change it
Employee (Current Employee), Milwaukee WIMarch 15, 2015
My day is either extremely busy or very slow. Never much in between. I have learned how to handle hostile employees and direct the work force. Some managers are fair, where others are too laid back and let the employees do what they want. Co-workers for the most part are like every other company. Some work hard, while others float by to collect a pay check. The hardest part of the job is the union. Most enjoyable part is working hard and feeling accomplished after I leave for the day.
Great place to work!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 12, 2015
I've worked for ADM for 7 years and appreciate all the opportunity that I've been given. It's a great place with a great culture and amazing people.
Good benefits, bad management
Operator 1 (Current Employee), Galveston, TXMarch 11, 2015
Good job but the management could use some work. Not the best pay but decent. The benefits are good enough to keep you around
Good place to worked
Commodity trader (Current Employee), INMarch 3, 2015
Working at 3 separate locations I saw a large portion of the river system and really enjoy my time with the company. There is times that the hours are not the best and is very demanding, but over all I enjoyed my experiences.
Agriculture leader.
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee), West Plains, MOMarch 2, 2015
Archer Daniels Midland is a agriculture leader who believes in the safety of there employees and customers. They also offer great benefits and 401k options.
great place to work
Operator 2- Meal Department (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 13, 2015
I only left there to be involved with ministry advancement. Great company with plenty of promotions available. Food industry was very stable.
Not a good place to work
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: swing shift, no breaks
No one seemed to know what was going on. No life because of swing shift, no leader ship. Talked a big talk with out follow through everyone was afraid of loosing their job.
Cares about employees, lacks career path for engineers
Chemical Engineer (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 15, 2015
ADM is a good company to work for, they care about their employees, they allow a good work/life balance (I've had two babies while being employed and have had no issues with time off, etc). They hand new engineers a lot of responsibility right out of college but provide guidance to help them succeed. You get your hands dirty right away and gain a load of experience and knowledge in a short time. The only complaint I have is that the company lacks a career path for engineers. If you don't want to go into plant management there is little advancement for you.
Loved my work
Quality Assurance/Food Safey Manager (Current Employee), Carthage, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: learning opportunity
Cons: lack of discipline and structure
- A typical day consisted of checking the previous nights performance. Entering any non conformity into Quality Incident Tracking. Resolution of customer issues. Data analysis of quality test for all customer per customer specification requirements.
- I acquired a fair amount of knowledge about wheat and flour milling.
-Management worked well together.
-Co-workers had a generally good disposition.
-Dealing with employee personnel issues.
-Data analysis, and exceeding customer expectations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Archer Daniels Midland

A daily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of agricultural – Read more