Archer Daniels Midland

Archer Daniels Midland Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 29, 2014
Would recommend company. Good benefits. Valdosta Locaton very safe Plant, Plant manager very professional. Too much mandatory overtime. job work/life balance bad. Good job for single person without kids.
amazing job, amazing co-workers
Micro Lab Technician (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 24, 2014
Pros: everything :)
Cons: once i moved to oakwood to move in with my husband, the drive to decatur was too far.
oPerformed quality control tests on products used for human consumption
oUtilized SOPs to test for harmful bacteria
oWorked as part of a team to complete laboratory tasks
oPrepared media such as lactose, selenite, and various agars
oAutoclaved media and test tubes for sterilization purposes
oReceived samples, flours, and isolates from the main plant – more... and weighed these samples into various sized bags in a sterile composite room
oDistributed samples from composite room and other ADM plants into petri dishes containing agar and test tubes containing lactose
oPlaced petri dishes and test tubes containing samples into the incubators
oTook samples from incubators and studied petri dishes to look for signs of mold, yeast, listeria, thermaspores, and C. Dif. Studied test tubes for signs of E. Coli
oOperated Gene Trak equipment , one of the vital steps in testing for salmonella – less
great place to work
Machine Technician (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 21, 2014
i really enjoyed working at ADM, the management and employees were great,lots of communication,great work ethic,and personality.i worked for this company up in deactur illinois,back in 05,decided to relocate, down south family and lots of entertainment,esp sports.
Summer internship
PC Tech Protection Team-Intern (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great management
Great work environment, learned a ton from the co-workers there as well. This was just a summer internship, but I wish I could have stayed
Worked on the floor of the CME
Runner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: pay wasnt too generous
Learned about the trading board. Fun and exciting atmosphere.
I enjoyed seeing the floor brokers execute orders.
ADM is a leading player in the grain markets
At least the benefits are good.
Laborer, West Refinery (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJune 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: mistreatment of employees from top to the bottom
Worked here twice. Came back after being laid off. Nothing has changed it's all about the profit and not the people.
Depends who you are
Process Coordinator (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMay 14, 2014
Working at ADM only allows advancement if you "know" someone in upper management.
Great people however company is lacking clear structure and direction.
Financial Controller (Former Employee), Rolle, VDMay 9, 2014
Poor management and lack of any future long term vision makes the working environment very frustrating and difficult. In recent years the job security has become quite low. This has contributed to a lot of high potential/talent looking and eventually leaving elsewhere.
Results driven employee
Technical Manager - ADM Cocoa Hazleton Pa (Current Employee), Hazleton PaApril 19, 2014
review data from food safety programs to verify compliance. Meet with direct reports to talk about the days agenda and to update on any out of the ordinary events. Meet with upper management to update on product quality.

Most difficult task is root cause analysis'. Most enjoyable is the people I work with.
Many ammenities in the Corporate faciltiy, Dry Cleaner, excellent cafeteria, workout facility
IT Manager - IT Telecom and RF Project Engineering (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 22, 2014
Pros: very flexible work environment, can work at home sometimes
Cons: dealing with so many countries with language barriers and understanding global policies and laws.
A typical day at work is laiden with meetings. My responsibility is to manage my team and their projects. I reveiw contracts and invoicing. My team is responsible for all Telecom and RF designs, quotes and implementation on a global foot print. My employees are sharp individuals and I only offer technical expertise when they struggle with a project. – more... I manage daily projects as well as my team's needs, training, expense report approvals, personal time off, performance reviews and mentoring. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Client Server Programmer Analyst II (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 21, 2014
Learned new things and the co-workers are so cool and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting new projects and teamwork processes, and performance outcomes.
Structured and challanging work environment.
QC Lab Technician (Current Employee), Marshall, MNFebruary 27, 2014
Working 12 hour shifts really allows you to get to know your coworkers. You also have to have good people skills and communicate well to be successful in a setting like this. I really enjoyed the analytical part of my job. I love troubleshooting various instruments and learning more about them. I think my supervisors and managers were very approachable – more... and great to work with. I took great pride in my work and was always striving to do better. – less
Gone downhill
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Since the new CEO took over, the entire company has gone downhill.
Good company to retire from
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 4, 2014
There were many people I worked with that had been with this company since the day they graduated high school 30+ years ago. It is a good company to start a great career with.
Great career for laborers looking to move up
Laborer (Former Employee), Fremont, NEJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: tough environment
This job started off as a great place to be, great benefits and compensation. I was part of a laboring crew that cleaned the soybean plant. I would work my way around the entire plant with a push broom and shovel looking for messes, spills, or anything out of place. Management handled things professionally by attending to problems immediately, attacking – more... it, and called laborers to clean up. Handling problems between employees was not a strong suit. Co-workers were easy to get along with but even easier to tick off. Some were not very friendly and would like you to stay out of their way. The hardest part of the job was the stench, and the best parts of the job were the breaks. But all in all, I learned to be patient, swift, precise, and learned better decision making skills. – less
Horrible training
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), clintonJanuary 28, 2014
Horrible training efforts. They expect you to learn new things without given you hands on experience.
It was alright
Labor (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Loading semis with corn product. Driving bobcat to move different corn products. Everything we did was simple so there wasn't much learning involved. Management was kind of poor in my opinion. All my coworkers were great. Working a swing shift really took from family time and being able to do normal activities. The easiest part was the job itself. Nothing – more... about it was hard. – less
Retail Settlement Mgr. & Fertilizer Merchandiser (Former Employee), Overland Park, KansasJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: environment and people
I loved working for ADM. They are a close knit family oriented company that truly cares about employees. If they saw me working too many hours they made sure I had help so I could get everything done and not spend too many hours at work. I was a salaried employee so they would not have had to pay me more to work more hours.
Stable
Tech Level II (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 20, 2013
Pros: benefit and pay
Cons: shifts
Good team environment. Worked in a variety of areas of the plant. Job over-all was good, Worked a rotating shift. learned about the operations of a Coal Fired Power plant. Also received a great deal of training with Turbines and Boilers. Hardest part was the shifts. Management was fair and helpful.
A sense of accomplishment
Refinery/deodorizer operator (Former Employee), Valdosta, Ga.December 18, 2013
A day at ADM is hard to describe. Each day would be a little different than the day before. It offered new challenges every day. At the end of the day I felt a sense of accomplishment, like I had/have achieved something, reached a goal.

1 2 3 4

About Archer Daniels Midland

A┬ádaily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of agricultural – Read more