Archer Daniels Midland

Archer Daniels Midland Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
BAD place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Langhorne PennsylvaniaMarch 20, 2015
Do not work here you will sit at customers for 2 hours And not get paid they say they care about you and your family but they don't you will work 70 hours a week never see your family you have all different Start times STAY AWAY
Operator
Operator (Former Employee), Hooker, OkMarch 18, 2015
I worked for this company for 5 years. Only decent thing was the benefits. The workers aren't appreciated at all. The plant managers are just worried about their bonuses at the end of the year. We worked our butts off and they show nothing to appreciate. The management is a joke. Your told to follow the rules, and when you report something to the Management, they do nothing about unless it will effect their jobs.
Culture is a bit weak, but new management wants to change it
Employee (Current Employee), Milwaukee WIMarch 15, 2015
My day is either extremely busy or very slow. Never much in between. I have learned how to handle hostile employees and direct the work force. Some managers are fair, where others are too laid back and let the employees do what they want. Co-workers for the most part are like every other company. Some work hard, while others float by to collect a pay check. The hardest part of the job is the union. Most enjoyable part is working hard and feeling accomplished after I leave for the day.
Great place to work!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 12, 2015
I've worked for ADM for 7 years and appreciate all the opportunity that I've been given. It's a great place with a great culture and amazing people.
Good benefits, bad management
Operator 1 (Current Employee), Galveston, TXMarch 11, 2015
Good job but the management could use some work. Not the best pay but decent. The benefits are good enough to keep you around
Good place to worked
Commodity trader (Current Employee), INMarch 3, 2015
Working at 3 separate locations I saw a large portion of the river system and really enjoy my time with the company. There is times that the hours are not the best and is very demanding, but over all I enjoyed my experiences.
Agriculture leader.
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee), West Plains, MOMarch 2, 2015
Archer Daniels Midland is a agriculture leader who believes in the safety of there employees and customers. They also offer great benefits and 401k options.
great place to work
Operator 2- Meal Department (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 13, 2015
I only left there to be involved with ministry advancement. Great company with plenty of promotions available. Food industry was very stable.
Not a good place to work
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: swing shift, no breaks
No one seemed to know what was going on. No life because of swing shift, no leader ship. Talked a big talk with out follow through everyone was afraid of loosing their job.
Cares about employees, lacks career path for engineers
Chemical Engineer (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 15, 2015
ADM is a good company to work for, they care about their employees, they allow a good work/life balance (I've had two babies while being employed and have had no issues with time off, etc). They hand new engineers a lot of responsibility right out of college but provide guidance to help them succeed. You get your hands dirty right away and gain a load of experience and knowledge in a short time. The only complaint I have is that the company lacks a career path for engineers. If you don't want to go into plant management there is little advancement for you.
Loved my work
Quality Assurance/Food Safey Manager (Current Employee), Carthage, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: learning opportunity
Cons: lack of discipline and structure
- A typical day consisted of checking the previous nights performance. Entering any non conformity into Quality Incident Tracking. Resolution of customer issues. Data analysis of quality test for all customer per customer specification requirements.
- I acquired a fair amount of knowledge about wheat and flour milling.
-Management worked well together.
-Co-workers had a generally good disposition.
-Dealing with employee personnel issues.
-Data analysis, and exceeding customer expectations.
Worst Place To Work
Labor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay, supervisors, management, hours, lack of communication, alot of things..
I was employed here for 3 years. Will never have a set schedule you could be coming in at 10am, 2pm,4pm,6pm,or whenever they feel like having you come in. Management is a JOKE!!! They lie to your face, will stick up for supervisor's even if they are in the wrong, dont follow the Union guide lines, there is much more to this place than I can say. ADM has set rules that are in all locations for some reason if you work Company you can break them because upper management will stick up for you, but if hourly employee if you break a rule kiss your job good bye... I thought was a good company to work for until they pulled the things they did on me
Very great experience and pay
Scale Clerk (Former Employee), Little River, KSDecember 18, 2014
Working at ADM Little River as a seasonal position for wheat harvest was a wonderful experience. Very good pay and loved the work environment.
poor trained and never assigned a steady assignment to actually learn your role besides sweeping grain dust. very one sided
seasonal laborer (Former Employee), sioux city, iaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: freedom to work at own pace and slack off at own will at anytime
Cons: pay was decent if you worked all day and night. bad experience overall
Poor management and organization. Safety was only addressed when an injury occurred. Lack of communication in every aspect. Old beat up property and equipment. Hazardous and dangerous. Co workers lack training responsibility. Never showed or told how to perform job on a daily basis
Solid company with good culture
HFM Administrator - Manage HFM (Current Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great cafteria, good insurance
Cons: geographic location
ADM is a great place to work aside from the location and not a great place to relocate a family. The culture is filled with hard working and talented people who are proud to work at ADM
overall a good working company
MACHINE MECHANIC / OPERATOR (Former Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: management care about your safety
Cons: it was hot in the summer
We started out with corn, grain it into grits and meal in one department send product line where we fold paper also watch machine dump the product into bags seal the top of the bags place code dates onto bags seal 8 5lb bag in plastic then send it up the conveyor
ADM review
Trucking City Supervisor (Current Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 16, 2014
Pros: valuble skills learned
Cons: long hours
ADM offers a great chance to better yourself and to learn the many different processes throughout the operations at ADM
demanding work schedule and evnironment
Operator I (Former Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: uniforms were supplied along with any and all ppe needed for your position
Cons: sometimes worked many hours before a break. summer months were very warm, with inside temperatures well above 100 degrees for many days in a row.
found the job satisfying with the demand it had but engineering changes over the past several years made the job more difficult to perform my job. Working a swing shift with seven days in a row was also difficult and hard on personal life as well as health. Most job training was done by the operators qualified on those positions even if qualified for brief periods which left gaps in total knowledge of how to handle all situations. Work schedules could change daily. Never knowing if the day would last eight hours or twelve.
Difficult company to work for
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 2, 2014
The co-workers are cliquish.
I did not enjoy the work experience here or the company.
Account Specialist
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2014
Please see resume for duties and responsibilities
Overall rating is great
Over 4 years experience
Relocated to Seattle so voluntarily left company
Currently seeking employment and career in Seattle

1 2 3 4 5

About Archer Daniels Midland

A daily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of agricultural – Read more