ARCADIS Employee Reviews

Trying to climb out of a hole
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Strong global company with the desire to do great things. First part of the climb was, to pay off all senior staff to leave the company and hire Collage students. Effects, the company lost clients and senior knowledge. Next up was to hold back and stop yearly merit increases... when moral was already low from previous actions, it just dipped lower. Each deparment has their own personnel challenges. No company is going to give their money away, but this one will try to give up as little as possible on it's staff, even if you do more than expected (above and bound).
Pros
Income
Cons
Stressful, high bp
Fun
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  ManilaSeptember 9, 2016
Typical day at work is fun except when Team leader shows favoritism and preferences. Working stations are nice and just fit for all the paper works. Also, co-employees are friendly from directors, management, staffs up to seconded employees. Tight deadlines at times but still manageable. Offices from other regions adjusts well with those in shared services.There are a lot of activities as well in Manila office.
Pros
Trainings outside your local office
Cons
High Office Politics
Enjoy and interesting
Seinor BIM Modeller (Current Employee) –  Ayala, Makati City PhilippinesAugust 2, 2016
everyday i had fun in doing my assigned task, everyday has a new learning during exploring the assigned projects, new learning on the revit software and especially new software for the coordination which is navisworks, had fun exploring it duringm y free time. for the manangement, it was good. the hardest part of the job is when we are going to rush the projects to reach the deadlines but it was more challenging. the most enjoyable part is when we had teamwork with the team and enjoyed what we are doing even in a very busy days just to reach the deadlines.
Very productive and client focused
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonSeptember 9, 2016
Very client focused with daily conference calls reporting on current status on specific projects, learnt to be patiant with stakeholders and to maintain a professional stance no matter what. Very team focused and everyone ready to help each other. Hardest part of the job was unrealistic timeframes given by the stakeholders with out obtaining the full picture.
Pros
Flexibility
Don't expect loyalty
Senior Enviromental Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
After 23 years of my service, Arcadis fired me while I was out on disability recovering from my liver transplant. They then started to force out any senior members who had 20+ years of experience. This was a cost saving measure to purge all the high end salaries. Many of the furloughed employees were from the original G & M firm who helped Arcadis grow from 10,000 to over 55,000 people. We in the Southeast provided most of the revenues to finance their expansion. We were rewarded with pink slips. My advice is to join the company for experience and leave for a better job as soon as you can. Loyalty is not a word in the Arcadis vocabulary.
Cons
No loyalty
Get a chance to see the Country
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL (Home Office) 100% travelJune 8, 2016
My overall experience has been good. I like what I do, and where I do it, I love the fact that I serve a purpose to the American public. Management has been very helpful in helping to adjust to the different areas and scope of work. The hardest part about this job is the travel. I loved it at first. Now I just need to be at home more with my family. My co-workers have all on the most part been one of the best parts to my job. Most of them are in the same boat as I. This make relationships easy to relate to.
Pros
Money. Learn new things
Cons
Away from my family
Good to gain experience and make full potential of your skill
Architect (Current Employee) –  DohaSeptember 25, 2016
The working place is good, you may focus to your task.

The struggling part is poor management that leads of much Overtime.

What I enjoy the most is that I gain experience and enjoy what I really want to do, so I make the full potential of my talents and skills.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Overtime, Poor Management
Fun workplace
Sr.Government Affairs Advisor (Current Employee) –  DubaiAugust 1, 2016
A place where we can grow ourselves and learn..
If your team leader is good you will go in heights in this organisation
Co-workers are really supportive
The hardest part is need to work even after office hours in my role
Pros
Good people around
Cons
Long hours even on weekends and annual leave worked from home
Poor Management and Morale
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 8, 2016
Poor company to work with. I was with the firm for many, many years and it has gone down hill since the merger with Malcolm Pirnie. The merger was poorly managed, the leadership team let the smaller purchased company come in and change how a well managed company was run and it FAILED. Morale in most offices is very bad, there is no loyalty, management talks of a "transformation plan" that has falsified KPI's. Bonuses have gone down, down, down every year since the merger with Malcolm Pirnie. The hires they make into leadership and business development roles are very poorly vetted, business revenue is not improving year after year. I think this company needs to start from scratch and get back to basics and should start by getting rid of all of the Malcolm Pirnie employees still left in the firm.
Pros
Work life balance, ability to work flex hours. That is about it.
Cons
Too many to name.
Escape the sinking ship
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2016
Huge turnover. Management is horrible with money, so they are constantly looking for younger people who will do the same work for a fraction of a good wage. Laid off after thirty years of loyalty and hard work because their poor work can't maintain clients. It used to be a good company but they fired all of the people who made the company work. Good luck in this shrinking industry.
Good Experience & Environment to work with
Manager QS, For Shristi 5 Star Hotel Project (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalSeptember 21, 2016
The mentors & the collegues are awesome, littlebit improvement in facility for employees to be upgrded, work culture is superb, learned to be consistance, worked as a team
Good and bad
Safety Supervisor 2 (Current Employee) –  Ravena, NYJune 26, 2016
The pay and benefits have been great, but the hours are terrible. I have no time for life outside of work. Management seems to want to help you succeed, and will pay for any continued education
Pros
pay and benefits, continued education paid for.
Cons
no life
Work with imagination
Design Engineer, Mechanical Process (US Water) (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 24, 2016
Good work Culture, Imagination Power required for great output, Great environment to work. Good support from seniors
Pros
good worrk culture
Cons
scope of work is very less & limited
I was a contract only, so my short term is not valid
INVOICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 1, 2016
The position was not advertised as the actual position required. My expertise was in Project Accounting, not Governmental Contract Accounting.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Limited Training
Challenging and Dynamic
Head HR - KSA & BAHRAIN (Current Employee) –  جدةJune 21, 2016
Many Challenges undergoing an transition due to an acquisition. We managed to fix many of the items due to the merger an acquisition. A great deal of ne polices, processes and activities
Not Bad, Just Not Great
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 31, 2016
Flexible work schedule, Great people, but stability and advancement opportunities are poor. For similar role with a competitor, the salary is low as well.
Birmingham new street project
Sub contract Project Manager (Former Employee) –  BirminghamJune 28, 2016
Intense project management for Network Rail delivery
Good co workers
The hardest part of the job was the sub contractors attitude
Life as a Project Engineer/Health and Safety Environmental Manager/ Project Controls
Health and Safety Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2016
- Work for this company for 8 yrs since I was 19.
- Company is willing to teach and groom new trainees
- Friendly co-workers
- Not doing redundant work every week
- Hardest part about the job was learning new, tedious, and critical work that needed to be completed as soon as possible.
- The most enjoyable part about the job was learning new and intense work on a daily basis.
Pros
Co-workers, new work every day, and nice work staff
Cons
ending of contracts
Ok
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 1, 2016
Ok, very large company with many offices and international locations. Felt too large and impersonal. Okay place to start career
my day changes each day
SR MANAGER, PROGRAM CONTROLS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
great opportunity to learn and for professional development, My co-workers are team spirited and work well together.

2.8