ARCADIS

ARCADIS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working outdoors.
Environmental Field Technician III (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 10, 2014
Drilled and sampled monitoring wells. Also did low flow sampling.
Construction work and demolition.
Not a good place to work
Principal (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management
Management team is a private club of backstabbers. Stay away from this company.
Great team culture and flexible schedule.
Senior GIS Analyst (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COMarch 6, 2014
A good place to learn about the environmental permitting process, NEPA, Environmental Assessments, and related industries.
Not a bad entry level job but professional development is stagnant.
GIS Specialist II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons: no leadership, no advancement, and little work to complete.
Provide support for infrastructure, environmental, and water divisions. I've learned many different extensions and applications of GIS software, as well as completed many tasks in the field using my GIS knowledge. I work in a small group of 3-5 people. Hardest part of the job is not being challenged to my ability. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is when I have more work than I can possibly do and that gives me an opportunity to be as efficient and accurate as possible to get the work delivered in a timely fashion. – less
Family Oriented and team Driven Organization
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2014
Every project is orchestrated as a group effort. As a team all are encouraged to use their strengths to aid in the advancement of the objective and meet client needs, while maintaining a light and friendly atmosphere.
Variety
Geologist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WI and Minneapolis, MNFebruary 18, 2014
Although I traveled about 70% of the time, I was able to work on a variety of jobs. I learned skills at a faster pace than my colleagues at competing environmental firms. Great company to work for!!
Wonderful company with comfortable atmosphere
BILLING ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great location and offices, friendly people, great computer system
Cons: no underground parking
ARCADIS is a great company, and I enjoyed working there. I would love to work for them again in the future.
Their office is located in beautiful Highlands Ranch right off C470.
I loved my job as a Biller, and was disappointed when I was laid off, because I truly enjoyed going to work each day. My co-workers were friendly, and I felt that the company – more... was a nice size - not too large and not too small. I felt that I wasn't just a number at ARCADIS.
I enjoyed working as a Biller, and loved the computer system (Deltek Vision), which made my job much easier, and it was a pleasure to work with.
I would highly recommend ARCADIS to anyone who is looking for a great company to work for. – less
Arcadis is not a good bet
Project Manager (Current Employee), Not givenDecember 29, 2013
Pros: appears to be a diverse workplace, some big company benefits
Cons: scattered it platforms, top-heavy management, losing many qualified personnel
I'd recommend staying away from Arcadis (or ARCADIS as they insist it is spelled). My office, the largest in one of the top 10 metro areas, has lost at least 25% of its personnel in the last six months. Some have left on their own, others let go or 'furloughed'. Specifically, the Environmental remediation and industrial hygiene divisions seem to be – more... bleeding personnel. Yet, they look for replacements for people who were let go because of slowing work.

Arcadis is the result of many mergers and the company is still not integrated. In particular, there are overlapping, redundant databases. Being a larger company, there is an extra 2 to 4 layers of management which add to client costs and makes it harder to put together a competitive bid.

Arcadis does manage to hire a good percentage of women engineers and scientists, perhaps being the company that is closest to gender parity in this type of business. That is not easy.

In general, a job seeker should be very wary of Arcadis. – less
Overall
Geologist II (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2013
Overall a good company, beginning to become too big and not care so much about employees.
Worst consulting experience
Geologist (Former Employee), MidwestNovember 2, 2013
Pros: use of technology for investigation
Cons: management, pay, recognition
Poor management with little recognition for 2300 plus billable hours/year.

Supervisors are unqualified and typically have little to zero management skills.
ARCADIS is a horrible company
Accounting (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management is top heavy and very big on themselves and nobody else
A typical day at work is watching the managers rake in the big dollars, while basically whipping the small people into shape. Deplorable working conditions. I learned that no matter how hard they try and knock you down, you always get back up and plow forward. Co-workers, for the most part, were great. A few back stabbers, but they're paying for their – more... ways now. The hardest part of the job was getting recognized because of a boss that had to be the center of attention and hoard all the glory. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I left the company. – less
NA
Resident Design Technician/ GIS Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2013
Previously reviewed. Environmental and Engineering consulting company.
Laid back work enviroment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), corpus christiJuly 22, 2013
Pros: short work day
Cons: short lunch break
As an executive assistant to all of the project managers working there, a typical day would include, answering phone, filing, creating packets to be sent to the TCEQ.
Learning Experience
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), WarringtonJune 16, 2013
Pros: confidence building
Cons: two week contract
This job was a learning experience for myself and it abled for me to gain confidence of working life.
Good Place
Field Technician (Current Employee), Manchester, CTApril 17, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: varying work schedule
Work can be a little spastic, but when you get work, there is a lot of it. Good group of people to work with. All of them are very knowledgable in their respective fields.
Great Company
File Clerk (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 15, 2013
Worked on an as needed basis between School Breaks was a great Part time Job for extra Spending
Good Colleagues
Civil Engineer I (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: low pay
Enjoyed working with the people here, but the pay is low. The hours are very flexible which is nice.
Get ready to work long hours with little recognition
Construction Mgmt. (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2012
Pros: benefits, flexwork week
Cons: executive leadership (pm/cm division), acquisitions
Company has grown tremendously through acquisitions, with little due diligence,resulting in varied mgmt styles being interwined. The PM/CM division is run by executives who have little mgmt or leadership skills. The division Pres has made some of the most ridiculous hiring/promoting decisions ever. He needs to read a book on mgmt 101. Lost alot of good – more... people, who refused to work for incompetent people in leadership roles above them. Arcadis lays off alot of people...all about the bottom dollar, while keeping and promoting people who should have been fired long ago for incompetence. Get ready to work on mandatory training at home b/c they won't pay you for it...it's not billable time, but you have to do it. – less
Stay away from Arcadis!!!
P.G. (Current Employee), Central USMay 25, 2012
The good: Some smart people that have good skill sets.

The Bad: PM 2012 program is in the process of destroying the Arcadis network and existing clientele. Upper level mangement is top heavy and constantly working on increasing profits at the employess expense. Raises few and far between except for the chosen few which have very high salaries and abusive – more... egos to match. – less
Overall fantastic place to work.
Party Chief (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 1, 2012
Pros: company truck, cell phone, great benifits.
I enjoyed waking up and going to work six days a week.Ran many projects from start to Finish.

About ARCADIS

ARCADIS US is the US arm of Netherlands-based environmental and engineering services company ARCADIS. The company provides consulting, – Read more