ARCADIS Employee Reviews

great place!
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH18 November 2016
Was an acquired firm but was a great place to work! Great people and culture with room for advancement.

Wished the company was able to maintain the workforce.
Welcoming professional place to work
L&D COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  London Borough of Croydon27 October 2016
working in the HR team there's a lot of correspondence between other members of staff and managers.
On a daily basis I check my emails and calendar to see if any events are happening.
After I review my to do list and work through the urgent jobs.
After completing my to do list I update my line manager; depending on what the task at hand is I may have to correspond with various people in the team/ other colleagues based out of London via Skype or Skype conference calls.

Management are supportive with work load and try to share it out evenly.
you have the option to work from home when sick or have an appointment which is good; you can have minimal sick record as many things are done on the laptop or Skype.

The team normally goes out for lunch together which helps team building.
Pros
medical benefits, travel expenses, opportunity to work abroad as its an international company.
Cons
Projects may come to a hault instantly with no warning, Too many projects at one time, Things are not prioritised when theres too many things happening, Sending last minute invites for courses due to last minute preperation.
productive company with good employee benefits
GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka25 October 2016
preparation of gis and auto cad maps using auto cad and Arcgis software.

mainly working on US Environment department mainly working on groundwater monitoring report
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Gain Experience
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJ17 October 2016
After I completed my BSc course I needed to go to another project. I went to Logos Engenharia headquarters in Rio de Janeiro. The people are very kind there and I could see how management employees worked, and learned from this experience.

The hard part was that not everyday we had something new to do, although I kept motivated and got more motivated when I went to another project.

Rio de Janeiro in one of the main cities in Brazil (together with São Paulo), so it is highly developed (compared to other cities in Brazil).
Pros
Stay in Rio de Janeiro
Cons
Routine
Conducive Environment
Assistant Highway Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila17 October 2016
My professional growth as an Engineer continued here more significantly. I considered my job here as one my breakthroughs in my career in the Philippines. I have been more equipped and knowledgeable in my craft. My co workers are friendly and approachable especially the bosses. I felt that as an employee I am secured. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to be part of a team that is working on a really big project. And have been able to be come more proactive, coordinating and have a mindset of team work/spirit but not setting aside the need to be an individually efficient employee in the workplace as well.
Pros
Free Lunches on Special Occasion/Company presentation Quarterly
great opportunity
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  MALaysia16 October 2016
It was a pleasure working with a team, Arcadis was a good company, from the management, subcon to low level workers , Im working 12hrs a day mon-fri, sometimes saturday. The hardest part of the job was the project was not constant.
Pros
nice lodging for me and my family
Cons
Easy going, mature environment.
Corporate Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bank QLD11 October 2016
A great place to work, great environment. Everyone is easy going. Great staff benefits. Regular meetings and updates including catered events. Social club events.
Pros
Great people, very understanding. Regular morning teas.
My Sentiments
Senior Projet Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Business District4 October 2016
Good learning ground for PMs. The Leadership is definite and strong. The vast variety of projects brings good exposure and the long hours builds endurance.
Pros
Lots of Improvement workshops
Cons
Long Hours
Fun technical work and great employees
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO28 September 2016
I love the people I work with. Aggressive billable hours goals can be tough to get used to if you haven't worked as a consultant before.
Good to gain experience and make full potential of your skill
Architect (Current Employee) –  Doha25 September 2016
The working place is good, you may focus to your task.

The struggling part is poor management that leads of much Overtime.

What I enjoy the most is that I gain experience and enjoy what I really want to do, so I make the full potential of my talents and skills.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Overtime, Poor Management
Good Experience & Environment to work with
Manager QS, For Shristi 5 Star Hotel Project (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal21 September 2016
The mentors & the collegues are awesome, littlebit improvement in facility for employees to be upgrded, work culture is superb, learned to be consistance, worked as a team
Very productive and client focused
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London9 September 2016
Very client focused with daily conference calls reporting on current status on specific projects, learnt to be patiant with stakeholders and to maintain a professional stance no matter what. Very team focused and everyone ready to help each other. Hardest part of the job was unrealistic timeframes given by the stakeholders with out obtaining the full picture.
Pros
Flexibility
Fun
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manila9 September 2016
Typical day at work is fun except when Team leader shows favoritism and preferences. Working stations are nice and just fit for all the paper works. Also, co-employees are friendly from directors, management, staffs up to seconded employees. Tight deadlines at times but still manageable. Offices from other regions adjusts well with those in shared services.There are a lot of activities as well in Manila office.
Pros
Trainings outside your local office
Cons
High Office Politics
Trying to climb out of a hole
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY6 September 2016
Strong global company with the desire to do great things. First part of the climb was, to pay off all senior staff to leave the company and hire Collage students. Effects, the company lost clients and senior knowledge. Next up was to hold back and stop yearly merit increases... when moral was already low from previous actions, it just dipped lower. Each deparment has their own personnel challenges. No company is going to give their money away, but this one will try to give up as little as possible on it's staff, even if you do more than expected (above and bound).
Pros
Income
Cons
Stressful, high bp
Not Bad, Just Not Great
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CO31 August 2016
Flexible work schedule, Great people, but stability and advancement opportunities are poor. For similar role with a competitor, the salary is low as well.
Enjoy and interesting
Seinor BIM Modeller (Current Employee) –  Ayala, Makati City Philippines2 August 2016
everyday i had fun in doing my assigned task, everyday has a new learning during exploring the assigned projects, new learning on the revit software and especially new software for the coordination which is navisworks, had fun exploring it duringm y free time. for the manangement, it was good. the hardest part of the job is when we are going to rush the projects to reach the deadlines but it was more challenging. the most enjoyable part is when we had teamwork with the team and enjoyed what we are doing even in a very busy days just to reach the deadlines.
Ok
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA1 August 2016
Ok, very large company with many offices and international locations. Felt too large and impersonal. Okay place to start career
Fun workplace
Sr.Government Affairs Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dubai1 August 2016
A place where we can grow ourselves and learn..
If your team leader is good you will go in heights in this organisation
Co-workers are really supportive
The hardest part is need to work even after office hours in my role
Pros
Good people around
Cons
Long hours even on weekends and annual leave worked from home
Work with imagination
Design Engineer, Mechanical Process (US Water) (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra24 July 2016
Good work Culture, Imagination Power required for great output, Great environment to work. Good support from seniors
Pros
good worrk culture
Cons
scope of work is very less & limited
Poor Management and Morale
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CO8 July 2016
Poor company to work with. I was with the firm for many, many years and it has gone down hill since the merger with Malcolm Pirnie. The merger was poorly managed, the leadership team let the smaller purchased company come in and change how a well managed company was run and it FAILED. Morale in most offices is very bad, there is no loyalty, management talks of a "transformation plan" that has falsified KPI's. Bonuses have gone down, down, down every year since the merger with Malcolm Pirnie. The hires they make into leadership and business development roles are very poorly vetted, business revenue is not improving year after year. I think this company needs to start from scratch and get back to basics and should start by getting rid of all of the Malcolm Pirnie employees still left in the firm.
Pros
Work life balance, ability to work flex hours. That is about it.
Cons
Too many to name.

2.9