Arby's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Pays the bills, flexible hours
Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: long days
A typical day at work would depend on what time of the day it was. Most of the employees are floaters, so were either on cash, drive thru or preparing sandwiches on backline. I've learned excellent time management and multitasking skills while working there. There would be times I am the only one on the floor and would have to take the order, do cash, go put the fried goods down, then proceed to make sandwiches while sometimes also taking drive thru. My coworkers are all lovely people. It's a smaller staff so you get to know everyone really well. The hardest part of the job is we always have the minimum amount of people on a a shift. So if it gets busy and not the strongest team members are on, you find yourself doing most of the work. The most enjoyable part would be the atmosphere. The staff is friendly and so are the customers.
Productive average day
Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Talking to customers
Cons: None
A typical day at work consists of a few interactions with some regulars that come in on a daily and sometimes dealing with lunch and dinner rushes. Overall a good experience day to day.
Good job, with a cooperative team, and fast paced work
Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMarch 13, 2016
Pros: 50% off a meal
Cons: Difficult to take time off
Nice working atmosphere, good coo-workers. Difficult to take time off. Minimum wage at the time. Manager was away during my time of employment, was substituted by his son a supervisor.
supportive and professional
Shift Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee), Hinton, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: supportive atmosphere
Cons: long hours
A typical day as apart of the management team at Arbys consisted of morning paperwork, coordinating staff ,cleaning and maintaining equipment and insuring guest satisfaction.The other members of the management team were supportive and showed genuine interest in growth of the team as a whole.
very impressed with managment
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is steady customers for breakfast and lunch and maintain a clean work environment. A very nice place to work good hours and good co-workers.
Not Recommended.
Cashier (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Easy job, Cashier
Cons: Disrespectful managers, late getting out after closing store.
Arby's was my first job and overall wasn't very good , the managers and boss at Brantford's Arby's are super disrespectful to co-workers, and you usually don't get out till an hour and a half after closing the store which was difficult when you had a ride waiting for you and school in the morning.
professional and productive workplace
lobby/kitchen help (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
I learned good customer service skills at Arby's and i learned a lot about fast food industries here, and how they run. I was mostly lobby but i sometimes helped in the kitchen and i enjoyed it alot. My favorite part about my job at Arby's was icing the turnovers.
I would like a job according to my profession
Light food processor (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Iam professional in my work and I have over 20 years of experience

ARBYS SANDWICHES ARE MADE.They do no pay me a professional
good work environment people were great
Front Counter/Drive Thru (Current Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 8, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off when working
Cons: unpredictable shifts
the work was normally busy but when it was not i always had something to do the management was good enjoyed the people the customers were usually pretty great once they got their food
Unorganized, minimum wage pay even for managers.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: crew members got 50% off food and managers got free food
Cons: Unorganized and poor employee appreciation.
I worked at Arbys for 4 years, and have been promoted from crew member to team leader to trainer and finally to shift manager, with all those promotions I was still only making $10.75 an hour! I was scheduled to close the store and then open the very next day many many times. Because the store manager and the other 2 shift managers were family and had family functions to attend there were a few days where I was the only manager in store, working from 8am - 11pm or 12am.
Good but no future
Crew Manager (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch as manager
Cons: sporadic hours
Fun place to work, messy and dirty, little space for a future, good management. A bit of a breeding ground for laziness. Food quality isn't great, standards need to be higher and equipment needs to be updated and maintained.
Family friendly restaurant
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 14, 2015
Although this is a fast food restaurant the food doesn't taste like it. It is a work place that is always changing but the food is always great.
A place with decent management
Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Not very hard work
Cons: Not enough hours
A manager with an alright response in regards to any scheduling preferences. Nice co-workers. The job itself was not too hard. It was a good experience working at Arby's
not bad
supervisor/manager (Current Employee), Calgary ABJuly 10, 2015
the job is pretty easy over all, but need focus on details a lot. if the salary is satisfy my need I wont need a new job.
the most enjoyable at work is communicate with employees and customers, not bad for make a new friend everyday.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2015
-the good part of the workplace was the people i was working with
-the people were friendly
-all the task was easy
-i learned to handle costumers in a nice way
bad managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 16, 2015
the manager was very rude. it was a mess in there. i didnt like working for arbys at all. i dont think id ever work for arbys again unless they have a new better manager.
Fun and Friendly work environment
Crew member (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Friendly managers, discount on food
Cons: weird hours, no benefits
Arby's was a really great place to work. There were a lot of regular customers which always made my day better. The manager's were friendly and made my shift go by faster. Being a cashier I had a lot of interaction with customers and I had a lot to do. I had to make sure that the customers were taken care of and that the restaurant was clean.
typical fast food work, unstable managment.
Cook (Former Employee), Hespeler road, CambridgeFebruary 6, 2015
An average day would be starting my shift stocking the kitchen with different ingredients like sauces, vegatables, etc. Then as the day went on I would be preparing food and cleaning or stocking in between.
This eviroment needs you to be able to be reliable under pressure and be an effective multitasker and while working at Arby's i've learned these skills.
The Management here needs work because of issues in shift management sometimes not receiving a shift two weeks in a row, this definately needs work!
The hardest part of this job is trying to adapt to this kind of fast paced enviroment.
Once you start, you don't leave. A dependable job, however, everything becomes expected of you.
❸ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), GuelphFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: short shifts, flexible scheduling, good staff environment
Cons: okay management, extra becomes expected, rude customers
Typical day includes:
-constant customer interaction
-making sure orders are taken correctly and filled accurately
-handling cash and debit transactions

-I've learned that people have a total disregard for people in the service industry
-you are lower than the average human being when taking their orders

-the management is good at times
-they make good accommodations for your schedule, however, this is not always the case

-hardest part of the job is the customers and the management. Both are always expecting the absolute most from you,regardless if you are able to do it or not

-the most enjoyable part of the job would be everything else. Sometimes customers are wonderful, the daily and extra jobs are manageable, the staff/co-workers are generally great. The job itself besides a few other factors is great.
used to be a good job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: got more supervisory skills
Cons: boss cant run a business
- business is going down
- love my coworkers
- treated poorly
- cut hours
- not paid properly
I am a super friendly and caring person who puts my job before anything, only as long as I am appreciated for what I do. I am known for going the extra mile to get things done and get extra stuff done. Lately it has been unrecognized and I am unhappy with where I am.
Headquarters