Arby's
1,512 reviews

Arby's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice quite comfortable work place
sandwich maker,prep cook, closing cleaner (Former Employee), Prince George British columbiaApril 5, 2014
worked with a meat slicer , prepped the food and veggies and also made sandwiches. did closing shifts and cleaned backline at the end of the day and closed down
Fun Environment
Cashier/cook (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONApril 1, 2014
Was a great workplace. Constantly something to do. Friendly hard working employees. Hardest part was rushing to geet the food prepared fast.
Only good as a first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2014
I would recommend working at Arby's to gain experience in the service industry, but not as a full-time job. I was never given a raise while working there (you are started at minimum wage), and my boss - the general manager - was very unpleasant. Working at a drive-through is also difficult, as you are not interacting directly with the customer. The – more... hours make sense for a student and are flexible, though. – less
A fun and friendly environment!
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 18, 2014
Skills that I built with Arby's:
Communicate clearly and positively with coworkers and management
Mastered point-of-service (POS) computer system for automated order taking
Handled currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately
Followed procedures for safe food preparation, assembly and presentation
Built loyal clientele through friendly interactions – more... and consistent appreciation
Resolved complaints promptly and professionally
Took initiative to find extra tasks when scheduled duties were completed – less
Arby's
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Trenton, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Overall Arby's was a great place to work. everyone was friendly, great to work with and all in all just a wonderful place, they made you feel like you were at home.
didnt really like it there
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 24, 2013
the coworkers were okay, good people. someone stole my hat when i was working and the manager didnt do anything about it then the kid wore it to work the following day and didnt do anything about it, hours of work were only 3-5 hours.
Solid word environment, but not enough pay for the amount of work required
Staff (Former Employee), Cedaredge, CONovember 15, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: physically draining
The managers were very impressive in their concern for the well being of their employees. High expectations of employees and high praise for a job well done, but the salary wasn't quite as high as needed to compensate for the amount of physical labor required.
Great job, great people, great experiences with co-workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 9, 2013
Had great experiences with handling many responsibilities and had a great atmosphere to work in!
Thinking Arbys
Store Manager (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 4, 2013
The Arbys in Whitby was an Arbys that was tryuing to make more money due to its previous failed management and the location. The location was hidden by a big hill off King street in Whitby.
Due to the hidden location, it was not very busy, but when it was busy me and my team worked out buns off to make sure everyone was served and served great quality – more... food. – less
Learning aspect of opening new stores
Float manager (Former Employee), ontarioOctober 25, 2013
Opening new stores, working many different locations. Training staff, meeting new customers. Problem solving.
Arbys
Location Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: people, guests, co-workers
Cons: turnaround
I worked at this job for a very long time. I managed there for the last few years I worked there until it was time for me to move on. But as I was there I loved everyone I worked with. My co-managers were very fun and easy to get along with. My boss/Owner was a extremely fun man and I enjoyed the time I had working there.
Hardest part of working there – more... though was having to control teenagers who had better things on their mind but all in all we had a great time working together when things did get going and there was no problems – less
it was close to the mall
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 4, 2013
i had to clean table take order and make sure everything was clean i was pretty youge but manager and co workers helped me to get my ways around
Interesting
Graveyard Manger (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 20, 2013
Pros: work with one other person
Cons: all the drunks you have the deal with
I work the graveyard shift and I got to experience the night life side of the business.
enjoy review
-Cook/ Supervisor/Cashiers (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABJune 14, 2013
My typical day at work was to make sure that my customer come back.
Great place to work for a first job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJune 4, 2013
Typical day: Take orders on cash or in drive-thru, run orders, cook on fryers, make sandwiches backline, prepare deposits, delegate tasks, count cashes
Skills learned: Customer service, management
Management: Good
Co-workers: Very nice
Hardest part of job: Customer complaints
Most enjoyable part of job: Rushes
Every employee was very friendly which created a pleasant environment. Going to work was always a pleasure.
Crew (Former Employee), London, ONJune 1, 2013
Pros: good location, a worthwhile experience, and discount on food.
Cons: short shifts, usually 3 hours long.
A typical day didn't vary very much, I was backline, so I would prepare meals for the majority of the shift, and clean when needed. Sometimes I would work til close, so I would do those duties as well.

Some managers were strict, others were not, but they were always fair and made sure to get the job done in a timely manner.

My co-workers were easily – more... the best part about working at Arby's, it rough days a lot more doable and in some cases, enjoyable. – less
Management and co-workers were friendly to deal with
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: nice management
Cons: long hours
-a typical day at work was busy
-i learned to be a team player
-management was great to work with
-co-workers were amazing
-most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team to get the job done
Productivity and a fun place to work
Backline Supervisor / Sandwich maker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: getting to meet the mayor jim watson and some of the ottawa sens
Cons: lack of communication between day crew and night crew.
Work from 8am - 5pm doing prep and making sandwiches, I tried to learn a new language (arabic). The management is fair, the co-workers where great, the hardest part of the job was coming everyday to a poor night close and re-cleaning everything in the morning and making sure that i had everything for the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when – more... it was somebodies birthday, we would celebrate birthdays as a family. – less
part time cashier
Part/time Head Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: fast pace experience
Cons: no room for advancement
Company only interested in profits and labour cost as in any franchise
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 27, 2012
Pros: was always busy
Cons: closed down.
Enjoyed working there was at St.Vital Mall until they closed down.I did cashier work.Receiving orders and filling orders.Got along great with the rest of the co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Arby's

Arby's® believes that our employees are our greatest asset. We treat our people with respect and honesty and are committed – Read more