Arby's

2.8K reviews

Arby's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stressful, over-dependent workplace
Food Preparation, Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABOctober 17, 2012
Cons: lack of seriousness, low pay, no benefits
Most of my shifts started at 3 or 5 and went until 11. Throughout each shift, I had to prepare food, run the cash register, clean, and assist customers with their every need. I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know. Management wasn't exactly my idea of the perfect team. The opening manager had a low work ethic. She did a minimal amount of work, and instead talked about games all day. The Closing manager was like a child in a man's body. He never took anything seriously and always got noticeably stressed out at night. My co-workers were pretty much the same as the managers. The hardest part of the job was the hours. Everyone relied too heavily on me to finish EVERYTHING. The most enjoyable part was being able to go home at night
Once you start, you don't leave. A dependable job, however, everything becomes expected of you.
❸ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), GuelphFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: short shifts, flexible scheduling, good staff environment
Cons: okay management, extra becomes expected, rude customers
Typical day includes:
-constant customer interaction
-making sure orders are taken correctly and filled accurately
-handling cash and debit transactions

-I've learned that people have a total disregard for people in the service industry
-you are lower than the average human being when taking their orders

-the management is good at times
-they make good accommodations for your schedule, however, this is not always the case

-hardest part of the job is the customers and the management. Both are always expecting the absolute most from you,regardless if you are able to do it or not

-the most enjoyable part of the job would be everything else. Sometimes customers are wonderful, the daily and extra jobs are manageable, the staff/co-workers are generally great. The job itself besides a few other factors is great.
Worst place I have ever worked
Cook, Counter person, night shift supervisor (Former Employee), Castlegar BC CanadaOctober 16, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: minimum wage, low raise rates, horrible stressful environment
The manager was an idiot, played favorites, specially with pretty young girls.
This is a family owned business and certain family members don't get along.lots of fighting and gossip.
Manager is cheap and doesn't fix things properly.
What I learned was that I needed to go back to school so I could do something better than fast food.
Best part of the job was going home at the end of the day.Worst part was working with the manager.
Typical day was spent doing prep, making sandwiches.
Some co workers were great but most were stressed out due to in fighting.
Bad, bad, bad place to work.
Anyone looking for a job should run away fast from this place
Every employee was very friendly which created a pleasant environment. Going to work was always a pleasure.
Crew (Former Employee), London, ONJune 1, 2013
Pros: good location, a worthwhile experience, and discount on food.
Cons: short shifts, usually 3 hours long.
A typical day didn't vary very much, I was backline, so I would prepare meals for the majority of the shift, and clean when needed. Sometimes I would work til close, so I would do those duties as well.

Some managers were strict, others were not, but they were always fair and made sure to get the job done in a timely manner.

My co-workers were easily the best part about working at Arby's, it rough days a lot more doable and in some cases, enjoyable.
Unorganized, minimum wage pay even for managers.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: crew members got 50% off food and managers got free food
Cons: Unorganized and poor employee appreciation.
I worked at Arbys for 4 years, and have been promoted from crew member to team leader to trainer and finally to shift manager, with all those promotions I was still only making $10.75 an hour! I was scheduled to close the store and then open the very next day many many times. Because the store manager and the other 2 shift managers were family and had family functions to attend there were a few days where I was the only manager in store, working from 8am - 11pm or 12am.
typical fast food work, unstable managment.
Cook (Former Employee), Hespeler road, CambridgeFebruary 6, 2015
An average day would be starting my shift stocking the kitchen with different ingredients like sauces, vegatables, etc. Then as the day went on I would be preparing food and cleaning or stocking in between.
This eviroment needs you to be able to be reliable under pressure and be an effective multitasker and while working at Arby's i've learned these skills.
The Management here needs work because of issues in shift management sometimes not receiving a shift two weeks in a row, this definately needs work!
The hardest part of this job is trying to adapt to this kind of fast paced enviroment.
Productivity and a fun place to work
Backline Supervisor / Sandwich maker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: getting to meet the mayor jim watson and some of the ottawa sens
Cons: lack of communication between day crew and night crew.
Work from 8am - 5pm doing prep and making sandwiches, I tried to learn a new language (arabic). The management is fair, the co-workers where great, the hardest part of the job was coming everyday to a poor night close and re-cleaning everything in the morning and making sure that i had everything for the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was somebodies birthday, we would celebrate birthdays as a family.
Arbys
Location Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: people, guests, co-workers
Cons: turnaround
I worked at this job for a very long time. I managed there for the last few years I worked there until it was time for me to move on. But as I was there I loved everyone I worked with. My co-managers were very fun and easy to get along with. My boss/Owner was a extremely fun man and I enjoyed the time I had working there.
Hardest part of working there though was having to control teenagers who had better things on their mind but all in all we had a great time working together when things did get going and there was no problems
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 18, 2012
Pros: one days off
Cons: misunderstanding communication with co-workers
> Working 6 days a week and 6 hour a day, not too busy at the week days, and always busy on the weekend. mostly I do food preparation and wrapping the food.

>I have worked in several capacities here at Arby's, Each experience has enhanced my skills and abilities.These are skills that I feel would be very well suited to this position.

>Managements handling by one manager who in-charge

>Mostly I worked with Indians People

>Misunderstanding communication with co-workers

>A lot of responsibility to taking care off

Productive, and fun workplace
Cashier/Food Preparation (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 15, 2012
Pros: free drinks, random tips
Cons: unfriendly people, a lot of long shifts
A typical day would be fairly busy but if not, I would do a lot of cleaning. I've learned many things from proper chemical usage to cleaning the meat slicer. Everyone is great and friendly; anyone would like working here. The hardest part would probably be cleaning the fryers from top to bottom and the easiest would be smiling and serving the customers. All in all, I enjoy my time there.
A fun and friendly environment!
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 18, 2014
Skills that I built with Arby's:
Communicate clearly and positively with coworkers and management
Mastered point-of-service (POS) computer system for automated order taking
Handled currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately
Followed procedures for safe food preparation, assembly and presentation
Built loyal clientele through friendly interactions and consistent appreciation
Resolved complaints promptly and professionally
Took initiative to find extra tasks when scheduled duties were completed
used to be a good job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: got more supervisory skills
Cons: boss cant run a business
- business is going down
- love my coworkers
- treated poorly
- cut hours
- not paid properly
I am a super friendly and caring person who puts my job before anything, only as long as I am appreciated for what I do. I am known for going the extra mile to get things done and get extra stuff done. Lately it has been unrecognized and I am unhappy with where I am.
Fun cashier job
Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: great place to work in general.
Cons: not much room to move up.
I really enjoyed working with Arby's. Great people and great management. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers. The hardest part of my job was ensuring everyone got exactly what they wanted in a timely fashion. I learned a lot of customer service skills here. A typical day included assisting customers, counting the tills, prepping food, cleaning, and stocking.
Only good as a first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2014
I would recommend working at Arby's to gain experience in the service industry, but not as a full-time job. I was never given a raise while working there (you are started at minimum wage), and my boss - the general manager - was very unpleasant. Working at a drive-through is also difficult, as you are not interacting directly with the customer. The hours make sense for a student and are flexible, though.
Manager (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: fleixible hours
Cons: too little pay and no advancment
I find the job too stressful due to lack of staff and inconsistent store management and too little pay. There is no room for pay promotions no matter how much work you put in and how long you've been with the company. There should ALWAYS be room for promotion. Employees need to be recognized, otherwise their good efforts will eventually fall by the waste side.
Fun and Friendly work environment
Crew member (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Friendly managers, discount on food
Cons: weird hours, no benefits
Arby's was a really great place to work. There were a lot of regular customers which always made my day better. The manager's were friendly and made my shift go by faster. Being a cashier I had a lot of interaction with customers and I had a lot to do. I had to make sure that the customers were taken care of and that the restaurant was clean.
Comfortable work environment with friendly staff.
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto ONJuly 31, 2012
While working at Arby's I learned a lot about cooking and making sandwiches. I had to learn everything that went on each different sandwich. I also had to keep everything neat and tidy so that everything was up to standards.
The staff was friendly but strict and knew how to deal with any confrontation to the best of their ability.
Thinking Arbys
Store Manager (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 4, 2013
The Arbys in Whitby was an Arbys that was tryuing to make more money due to its previous failed management and the location. The location was hidden by a big hill off King street in Whitby.
Due to the hidden location, it was not very busy, but when it was busy me and my team worked out buns off to make sure everyone was served and served great quality food.
Great place to work for a first job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJune 4, 2013
Typical day: Take orders on cash or in drive-thru, run orders, cook on fryers, make sandwiches backline, prepare deposits, delegate tasks, count cashes
Skills learned: Customer service, management
Management: Good
Co-workers: Very nice
Hardest part of job: Customer complaints
Most enjoyable part of job: Rushes
Great opportunity train myself
Cashier and Food Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 29, 2014
Pros: first work experience
Cons: less relative to my current goal for career.
Throughout the years working part time in Arby's. I learned the ability to work in fast-paced environment, to cooperate with others to ensure a positive working environment. And most importantly, I learned to communicate with customers to meet their needs.
Headquarters