Arby's Employee Reviews

Loved working at the flag store
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2016
I came from working in a family owned fast food franchise store so coming into the same industry wasn't hard. I felt like the store was mine and took care of the customers and the staff as if they were mine. I don't believe in treating a job as such but as if it belongs to you no matter where I've worked in the past. Management was always willing and open minded to any suggestions I made or how I handled the store. The only thing I found difficult was working the drive thru window in the winter because of the blistering cold wind and snow blowing in through there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No room for raises
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 July 2016
Some of the reasons I enjoyed working at Arby's Restaurant was getting to know some of the regular customers that would venture in daily or weekly. Working with the management team and staff members in a productive work place, as well as listing to their stories and pulling pranks on each other in a fun environment. Each day was different and the same all in one. Your morning routine was mostly the same daily but anything after that anything could happen, to equipment problems, customers complaints, broken pipe or to a frozen super bar. If it wasn't for my husband being in the military and us having to leaving New Brunswick, I would have loved to continue working there but I am always up to learning something new.
Pros
Free luches, Staff, Customers, management training
Cons
wage
Pays the bills, flexible hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2016
A typical day at work would depend on what time of the day it was. Most of the employees are floaters, so were either on cash, drive thru or preparing sandwiches on backline. I've learned excellent time management and multitasking skills while working there. There would be times I am the only one on the floor and would have to take the order, do cash, go put the fried goods down, then proceed to make sandwiches while sometimes also taking drive thru. My coworkers are all lovely people. It's a smaller staff so you get to know everyone really well. The hardest part of the job is we always have the minimum amount of people on a a shift. So if it gets busy and not the strongest team members are on, you find yourself doing most of the work. The most enjoyable part would be the atmosphere. The staff is friendly and so are the customers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
long days
Very neat and well ran bussiness
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 July 2016
Can be dead at times with a big rush to follow. I learned people skill i.e. How do deal with customers. Management is very understanding. Co-workers, for the most part, helped me out when I needed it. The hardest part of the job for me was memorizing the menu. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing good service for a variety of people.
Pros
Free lunched
Cons
Little hours
An experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2016
I've gained a lot from Arby's, especially it being a first job. I really enjoyed working there with my co-workers. It was my first job and it was a really good experience, I wish I had worked there longer but it was just a summer job before I started my first year of high school.
Pros
Excellent, understanding boss & good co-workers with positive attitudes.
Cons
Friendly workplace with a laid back schedule.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON28 April 2016
Working at Arby's was, for the most part, pretty stress free. It was a fun friendly environment with lots of opportunity for social interaction between co-workers, management and customers. They are very lenient with scheduling and allowing for time off. Management was very kind and accommodating and co-workers were easy to get along with. Other than lunch rush and the occasional dinner rush the restaurant itself was rarely busy enough to cause too much stress or be incapable for the amount of staff to handle.
Great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 September 2016
This was a great first job and the employees made it better. It was the typical fast paced food setting. Management was an issue at some points but overall great.
supportive and professional
Shift Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB27 February 2016
A typical day as apart of the management team at Arbys consisted of morning paperwork, coordinating staff ,cleaning and maintaining equipment and insuring guest satisfaction.The other members of the management team were supportive and showed genuine interest in growth of the team as a whole.
Pros
supportive atmosphere
Good learning experience
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2016
Arby's was a fast pace and clean work place. i worked with friendly people including the management time.

The restaurant is a very productive place. Great atmosphere
Nice employees. Great customer service. Nothing about this job was really hard. My co-workers were amazing to work with and the managers were great.
Worst place I have ever worked
Cook, Counter person, night shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Castlegar BC Canada16 October 2012
The manager was an idiot, played favorites, specially with pretty young girls.
This is a family owned business and certain family members don't get along.lots of fighting and gossip.
Manager is cheap and doesn't fix things properly.
What I learned was that I needed to go back to school so I could do something better than fast food.
Best part of the job was going home at the end of the day.Worst part was working with the manager.
Typical day was spent doing prep, making sandwiches.
Some co workers were great but most were stressed out due to in fighting.
Bad, bad, bad place to work.
Anyone looking for a job should run away fast from this place
Pros
nothing
Cons
minimum wage, low raise rates, horrible stressful environment
Stressful, over-dependent workplace
Food Preparation, Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 October 2012
Most of my shifts started at 3 or 5 and went until 11. Throughout each shift, I had to prepare food, run the cash register, clean, and assist customers with their every need. I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know. Management wasn't exactly my idea of the perfect team. The opening manager had a low work ethic. She did a minimal amount of work, and instead talked about games all day. The Closing manager was like a child in a man's body. He never took anything seriously and always got noticeably stressed out at night. My co-workers were pretty much the same as the managers. The hardest part of the job was the hours. Everyone relied too heavily on me to finish EVERYTHING. The most enjoyable part was being able to go home at night
Cons
lack of seriousness, low pay, no benefits
productive work experiance
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 July 2016
I have learned at this job about team work and good work exoeriance with the coworkers. I remember the day when my coworkers and we had a farewell at my work.
productive work experiance
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 July 2016
this was my first job in my life and I had a good experience with my coworkers and the enjoyable part of the job was team work.
Fun and Friendly work environment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON31 March 2015
Arby's was a really great place to work. There were a lot of regular customers which always made my day better. The manager's were friendly and made my shift go by faster. Being a cashier I had a lot of interaction with customers and I had a lot to do. I had to make sure that the customers were taken care of and that the restaurant was clean.
Pros
Friendly managers, discount on food
Cons
weird hours, no benefits
Unorganized, minimum wage pay even for managers.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 November 2015
I worked at Arbys for 4 years, and have been promoted from crew member to team leader to trainer and finally to shift manager, with all those promotions I was still only making $10.75 an hour! I was scheduled to close the store and then open the very next day many many times. Because the store manager and the other 2 shift managers were family and had family functions to attend there were a few days where I was the only manager in store, working from 8am - 11pm or 12am.
Pros
crew members got 50% off food and managers got free food
Cons
Unorganized and poor employee appreciation.
not bad
supervisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB10 July 2015
the job is pretty easy over all, but need focus on details a lot. if the salary is satisfy my need I wont need a new job.
the most enjoyable at work is communicate with employees and customers, not bad for make a new friend everyday.
Enjoyable place
Cahsier/ morning prep (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON3 May 2016
Great staff and overall a good place to work. I am just needing a change and don't want fast food. Some bullying on night shifts.
Pros
half price food, flexibility
Cons
complaints are not handled
Only good as a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2014
I would recommend working at Arby's to gain experience in the service industry, but not as a full-time job. I was never given a raise while working there (you are started at minimum wage), and my boss - the general manager - was very unpleasant. Working at a drive-through is also difficult, as you are not interacting directly with the customer. The hours make sense for a student and are flexible, though.
Good job, with a cooperative team, and fast paced work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 March 2016
Nice working atmosphere, good coo-workers. Difficult to take time off. Minimum wage at the time. Manager was away during my time of employment, was substituted by his son a supervisor.
Pros
50% off a meal
Cons
Difficult to take time off
I loved my job
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2016
I learned to make burgers, to take orders.
my co- workers were really nice.
I always enjoy working there because everybody was very friendly.

2.8