Arby's Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 22, 2016
Some of the reasons I enjoyed working at Arby's Restaurant was getting to know some of the regular customers that would venture in daily or weekly. Working with the management team and staff members in a productive work place, as well as listing to their stories and pulling pranks on each other in a fun environment. Each day was different and the same all in one. Your morning routine was mostly the same daily but anything after that anything could happen, to equipment problems, customers complaints, broken pipe or to a frozen super bar. If it wasn't for my husband being in the military and us having to leaving New Brunswick, I would have loved to continue working there but I am always up to learning something new.
Pros
Free luches, Staff, Customers, management training
Cons
wage
Friendly workplace with a laid back schedule.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONApril 28, 2016
Working at Arby's was, for the most part, pretty stress free. It was a fun friendly environment with lots of opportunity for social interaction between co-workers, management and customers. They are very lenient with scheduling and allowing for time off. Management was very kind and accommodating and co-workers were easy to get along with. Other than lunch rush and the occasional dinner rush the restaurant itself was rarely busy enough to cause too much stress or be incapable for the amount of staff to handle.
Pays the bills, flexible hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 26, 2016
A typical day at work would depend on what time of the day it was. Most of the employees are floaters, so were either on cash, drive thru or preparing sandwiches on backline. I've learned excellent time management and multitasking skills while working there. There would be times I am the only one on the floor and would have to take the order, do cash, go put the fried goods down, then proceed to make sandwiches while sometimes also taking drive thru. My coworkers are all lovely people. It's a smaller staff so you get to know everyone really well. The hardest part of the job is we always have the minimum amount of people on a a shift. So if it gets busy and not the strongest team members are on, you find yourself doing most of the work. The most enjoyable part would be the atmosphere. The staff is friendly and so are the customers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
long days
supportive and professional
Shift Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinton, ABFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day as apart of the management team at Arbys consisted of morning paperwork, coordinating staff ,cleaning and maintaining equipment and insuring guest satisfaction.The other members of the management team were supportive and showed genuine interest in growth of the team as a whole.
Pros
supportive atmosphere
Not Recommended.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Arby's was my first job and overall wasn't very good , the managers and boss at Brantford's Arby's are super disrespectful to co-workers, and you usually don't get out till an hour and a half after closing the store which was difficult when you had a ride waiting for you and school in the morning.
Pros
Easy job, Cashier
Cons
Disrespectful managers, late getting out after closing store.
productive work experiance
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 18, 2016
I have learned at this job about team work and good work exoeriance with the coworkers. I remember the day when my coworkers and we had a farewell at my work.
Good job, with a cooperative team, and fast paced work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMarch 13, 2016
Nice working atmosphere, good coo-workers. Difficult to take time off. Minimum wage at the time. Manager was away during my time of employment, was substituted by his son a supervisor.
Pros
50% off a meal
Cons
Difficult to take time off
Enjoyable place
Cahsier/ morning prep (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMay 3, 2016
Great staff and overall a good place to work. I am just needing a change and don't want fast food. Some bullying on night shifts.
Pros
half price food, flexibility
Cons
complaints are not handled
Productive average day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists of a few interactions with some regulars that come in on a daily and sometimes dealing with lunch and dinner rushes. Overall a good experience day to day.
Pros
Talking to customers
professional and productive workplace
lobby/kitchen help (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
I learned good customer service skills at Arby's and i learned a lot about fast food industries here, and how they run. I was mostly lobby but i sometimes helped in the kitchen and i enjoyed it alot. My favorite part about my job at Arby's was icing the turnovers.
Unorganized, minimum wage pay even for managers.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 26, 2015
I worked at Arbys for 4 years, and have been promoted from crew member to team leader to trainer and finally to shift manager, with all those promotions I was still only making $10.75 an hour! I was scheduled to close the store and then open the very next day many many times. Because the store manager and the other 2 shift managers were family and had family functions to attend there were a few days where I was the only manager in store, working from 8am - 11pm or 12am.
Pros
crew members got 50% off food and managers got free food
Cons
Unorganized and poor employee appreciation.
very impressed with managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is steady customers for breakfast and lunch and maintain a clean work environment. A very nice place to work good hours and good co-workers.
good work environment people were great
Front Counter/Drive Thru (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONDecember 8, 2015
the work was normally busy but when it was not i always had something to do the management was good enjoyed the people the customers were usually pretty great once they got their food
Pros
50 percent off when working
Cons
unpredictable shifts
I would like a job according to my profession
Light food processor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Iam professional in my work and I have over 20 years of experience

ARBYS SANDWICHES ARE MADE.They do no pay me a professional
Good but no future
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 20, 2015
Fun place to work, messy and dirty, little space for a future, good management. A bit of a breeding ground for laziness. Food quality isn't great, standards need to be higher and equipment needs to be updated and maintained.
Pros
Free Lunch as manager
Cons
sporadic hours
Family friendly restaurant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 14, 2015
Although this is a fast food restaurant the food doesn't taste like it. It is a work place that is always changing but the food is always great.
Fun and Friendly work environment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMarch 31, 2015
Arby's was a really great place to work. There were a lot of regular customers which always made my day better. The manager's were friendly and made my shift go by faster. Being a cashier I had a lot of interaction with customers and I had a lot to do. I had to make sure that the customers were taken care of and that the restaurant was clean.
Pros
Friendly managers, discount on food
Cons
weird hours, no benefits
not bad
supervisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABJuly 10, 2015
the job is pretty easy over all, but need focus on details a lot. if the salary is satisfy my need I wont need a new job.
the most enjoyable at work is communicate with employees and customers, not bad for make a new friend everyday.
A place with decent management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 16, 2015
A manager with an alright response in regards to any scheduling preferences. Nice co-workers. The job itself was not too hard. It was a good experience working at Arby's
Pros
Not very hard work
Cons
Not enough hours
typical fast food work, unstable managment.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hespeler road, CambridgeFebruary 6, 2015
An average day would be starting my shift stocking the kitchen with different ingredients like sauces, vegatables, etc. Then as the day went on I would be preparing food and cleaning or stocking in between.
This eviroment needs you to be able to be reliable under pressure and be an effective multitasker and while working at Arby's i've learned these skills.
The Management here needs work because of issues in shift management sometimes not receiving a shift two weeks in a row, this definately needs work!
The hardest part of this job is trying to adapt to this kind of fast paced enviroment.

2.8