Aramark Employee Reviews

Cashier/ Frontline (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
As a cashier or frontline team member is very tough.You have to be flexible and have good attitude to your co- workers.These kind of job i learned a lot.Customer service is the best,I enjoy serving customer everyday in my workplace.i have fun doing my work.
Pros
exceptional
Cons
8 hrs.
Very fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
The level of professionalism at Aramark was high. The vast majority of workers are incredibly supportive Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long working hours
Lot's to do
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2016
Very busy
Learned to make a lot of different kinds of drinks
Good shift.
Enjoyed learning and doing the catering and doing dishes for a very busy cafeteria.
Not enough hours per week.
Friendly Co-Workers.
Cons
Not enough hours
fun place to work but not getting full hours per week
Driver (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 March 2016
Fun place to work but not getting full hours per week. I deliver food from York University to TD Centre. The job is not stressful but I do not make 40 hours per week when the university students are on vacation.
Pros
lunch provided at small cost
Cons
breaks allowed
good people
Camp Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2016
Laid back attitude as long as you produce.good employees long term ....job security lately has been scary..but everyone is experancing this..overall I like them and want to build but difficult. a lot is expected for less pay!
Pros
good people
Cons
pay less
Baker/General Help/Cashier - Food Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 June 2016
comfortable place to work, but organization with purchasing, communication and scheduling would greatly improve this work place
Aramark was a great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 February 2016
1.The supervisors and managers at Aramark were excellent!
2. The employees were very easy to work with.
3. The managers and supervisors provided good training to help you get up to speed.
4. All the employees in the IT department worked well as a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
Pros
Great supervisors, managers and employees
Decent Place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB1 June 2016
This company was a good company to work for. The employer was very kind and treated his stall well. I would recommend people to this company.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Seasonal
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON11 January 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
Respectful and Driven Workplace
Vending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2016
Aramark has been a fantastic place to work. Everyone I have worked with have been fantastic, including co-workers and management. Even though I hold a fairly low level position in the company I still feel respected and valued by my superiors (something I have not felt elsewhere). As a full time student they have been fantastic working around my school schedule and allowing time off whenever exams arise.
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 February 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 January 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 December 2015
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
Non-long hours
Awesome work place with lenient scheduling
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2015
A great place to work! The atmosphere is awesome and everyone who you work with is great, awesome people. The management was the best part of the job, I am a very busy person and was going away in the summer because my parents were taking us on vacation (I am a student worker). I told management I would be gone for all of July and they completely accommodated me and welcomed me back in August. Truly a great place to work!
Pros
50% off all Rogers Centre Food
Cons
I lived far away, so it was far for me to commute to
Good company to work for
breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2016
Good company to work for lots of good workers some days long hours no overtime most managers were good learned a lot about high volume cooking
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
LONG HOURS
Good Co Worker
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
-Terrible Management
-No benefit
-Manager refused to look at the huge unreasonable deduction in the pay cheque.
-They always put less people working.
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
always exciting with the baseball games held at the dome
Stand Lead/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2015
it was always an exciting place to work at the dome because its a sports stadium. always get to see different kinds of fans and be able to engage with them in a fun and welcoming aura. it tends to get really busy and there would be stressful times but the efficiency of the workers and the constant communication between the front liners and the cooks is a must.
Pros
being a part of a large franchise like the Blue Jays
Cons
breaks have to be timed perfectly
Productive and very fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2016
Great helpfull staff! Had fun while working there. The hardest part of the job was carrying hot and heavy food containers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.