Aramark Employee Reviews

professional organization
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON12 December 2016
professional organization, opportunities for people who are ready to accept challenge and grow with the organization
High commitment to excellence in camp cuisine.
2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Sunday Creek.9 December 2016
The camps I worked worked at with Aramark were exceptionally well organized. The food we put out was the best food you could create for a camp environment. Great variety of food that people working hard in an extreme environment everyday would appreciative. Lots of fresh fruit, and baked goods, and a wide variety of main courses and entrees. I loved the quality of food we put out. It was always top notch.

When you work everyday with a group of guys and girls you develop an appreciation for who they are. You develop bonds and connections and it makes the whole experience enjoyable. I met some of the coolest guys while working with Aramark. Still think of them fondly.
Pros
Great facilities, clean, very competent staff. Great transport to and from the camps.
Cons
I honestly can't think of a single con, other than I wasn't working with the sane team all the way through.
Clean work
Project Worker (cleaner) (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat AB7 December 2016
Working as a janitor for Aramark in the Vallyview retirement home was really good work. I was able to do most things relatively quickly as a lot of what was required was easy to do. Other staff were friendly, and I was likewise with them.
Suffield army base cafe
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Suffield, AB2 December 2016
Long days, hard on our feet, very demanding job at times but also rewarding to.
Working for Penny and Van at Aramark in Suffield was a pleasure. They are both amazing bosses, and would for for them again any day.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Not enough employees
It seemed ok
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2016
I really didn't work there for very long, but it seemed pretty okay. they paid well, they seem to care about their employees. Its a large company with lots of opportunity.
Great place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
Pros: Great work experience for students enrolled in school. Energetic environment and great place to work. Individuals who like sports and who are fans of the Toronto Bluejays will like the environment.
Good
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Oxbow, SK23 November 2016
I was employed and had no problems I worked different positions with Aramark in a tenor camp setting co workers management and head office were there when support was ever needed I would definitely go back to work for them I just presently laid off and have kept the communication up wth them
Pros
Work
Cons
Nil
Good and fun
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
get ready for customer,help other co-workers preparefood interact with customer, cook food clean-up prep for next day do your orders.fill out caterings .
Pros
good hours
Cons
not enough in smaal areas
belle entreprise
Cuisinière (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke22 November 2016
chez aramark
les gens respecte les employer
il offre leur aides au besoin
le point faible est le salaire et les heure car beaucoup de congé au niveau des cafétéria scoaire
Pros
belle esprit d équipe
Cons
pas beaucoup d.heures de travail
Easy
Cook (Seasonal/ Canadian Tire Centre) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON17 November 2016
They hire anyone, so when they are searching for workers, it is very easy to get into it. Most managers don't actually care about their workers.
Modernisation, marketing et vente +++
Chef des opérations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
Faire l'ouverture de la cafétéria, faire la préparation des repas du midi. Accueillir et servir la clientèle du matin. Vérifier au bon fonctionnement de la cafétéria (commande, caisse enregistreuse, dépôt, inventaire...)

Travailler en collaboration avec mes employés.

Le plus difficile est de savoir comment réagir au mauvaise humeur de la clientèle.

Le plus agréable ... communiquer avec la clientèle.
Pros
beaucoup de formations
Cons
ëtre toujours prêt à faire face à n'importe quel situation seul
Productive and an ok work place. Good managment, fun staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
The company has gotten me where I am today . I am thankful for that but now I must move on. Managment is great. The staff is fun and working in many facilities across the hamilton. They have great benefits and pay is all right.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Not a work enviroment for me
Productive and a place where I learnt a lot under my directors supervision
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
A typical day at work includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll Management and progressive meetings.

I have learnt to do the payroll and accounts receivable with expertise. Learnt to Manage the entire office culture and relationships.

Management and co-workers go hand-in-hand. I have learnt to manage deadlines and outcomes by polishing my skills to address them to my my co-workers and sub-ordinates.

Hardest part of my job is its in-mobility. I would sit on my computer for 8 straight hours working on different things followed by meetings.

Enjoyable part of the job is to encounter something new everyday and to resolve issues with the Management Team. I always like to ice it up by putting some extra effort to make sure that the issue does not arise again.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long seating hours
Other than work I did not get to know my coworkers very well except for 1 or 2. There were recreation provided like pool tables weight room.
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
My last work with Aramark was a camp job and we worked three weeks in one week out. Working 63 hours a week was tough on the body and I did not like my position.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
I really hated the job I was tasked with. I will never do that work again.
My typical day at work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
My day was enjoyable - the multicultural atmosphere - the staff unity - the management organisation.

Work was pleasure - and when you enjoy what you do, it is no longer work - it is fun.

My hardest part of the job was to find replacements for staff that were ill or couldn't make it to work for some reason. Even though everyone was cross-trained, I had problems due to the union seniority issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the client satisfaction and staff acceptance of me.
Pros
Parking - good food - gym facility
Cons
Driving to work in the snow.
Good place to work, everyone is treated equally
Executive Assistant to Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
I worked at the head office and being an Admin person I was the first point of contact. My day use to start with managers requesting for Special Pay notice because some of our employees did not get paid. I believe that all employees are entitled for their salary. Sometime I also receive request for booking flight, hotel reservation or there could be some grievances. I would always have request from Tim Hortons or Pizza Pizza or Subway requesting their documents. In addition to regular office work.

I learned to prioritize your work

Aramark is a big company, we have different line of business and we all worked as a team.

The hardest part of the job is during month end, when you have to reconcile all accounts, and have to work a couple of evenings till 8 or 8.30 pm to make sure everything is correct.

Enjoyable part - We use to get free lunches
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours during month end
Kept me busy with continuous assignments and work
3rd cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2016
Overall I had an excellent 6 months working for Aramark and would gladly go back again if I wasn't in school. I learned a great deal from my superiors and about myself as an employee. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable to be around.
Pros
Meals, accommodations and transportation was provided
Cons
The sites are remote so the wifi and signal are fairly weak or nonexistent.
Business created to scam children
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
0/10 not gr8 m8
got p8d good w8g but so sad
Now i has crippling depression
and I drinking bleache
i buy new mansion and now i crippling debt
Very challenging and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
Great opportunity to open a state of the art facility. Greatest challenge was working based as a US employee working in Canada. Systems were not in place to efficiently transfer employment.
Pros
Always challenging
Cons
Biforcated customer
Great employees fun atmosphere
Kitchen support (Former Employee) –  Matachewan, ON19 October 2016
Loved my job as a kitchen support attendant in my remote camp. Co workers were great, management was laid back. Being in a remote camp was the toughest part but you were paid well and given your travelling expenses
Pros
Free food
Cons
Away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.