Aramark Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 July 2016
I enjoyed working at the Tim Hortons location at the university of Toronto. Meeting new people and being part of a team are the best part of the job.
Fun loving people person
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 June 2016
Enjoy working with people on a daily basis, happy faces and seeing same consistent people, learning their orders and helping them thru the exclusive menu that we offer. Further assisting with people in the hospital, food court and other areas of the food and beverage areas.
Friendly environment
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2016
Aramark is a reputable catering company that has provided a very friendly work environment. It is a clean, safe place to work with friendly co-workers and friendly polite clients.
Fun place
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 July 2016
Respectful workplace. Felt like home away from home. Co-workers are really friendly and feels like family. Not so flexible hours.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not so flexible
Friendly place
Cashier/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
The co workers are very friendly. The environment is safe and clean. Lots of interaction with different people. The clients are very polite and friendly
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Awesome work place with lenient scheduling
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2015
A great place to work! The atmosphere is awesome and everyone who you work with is great, awesome people. The management was the best part of the job, I am a very busy person and was going away in the summer because my parents were taking us on vacation (I am a student worker). I told management I would be gone for all of July and they completely accommodated me and welcomed me back in August. Truly a great place to work!
Pros
50% off all Rogers Centre Food
Cons
I lived far away, so it was far for me to commute to
Great enviornment to be in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 October 2012
A typical day at work would be cooking fresh food preparing fresh salads,sandwiches and dealing with 700 hundred high schoolers as well as teachers and the administrated office.I learned that giving customers what they want will make them happy and return customers.Management are all fair and fun to deal with,meeting management criterias are a must.co-worker deligate ang you will succeed.hardest part of the job is leaving the kids in june for another year,yo grow attached to the kids as well as the teachers and the offfice addmin.I enjoy the company parties as well as the teachers get together involvement.
Pros
no advancement already a manager
Cons
hours are shorter in the summer before the summer layoffs
Productive job that varies on busyness
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 June 2016
Great place to work it is tiring and hard the managers are picky about how things should be done but after a while, you get used to it. The GM is not the most approachable guy t the other managers are great guys in general.
Pros
Food and law abiding
Cons
scheduling
Fun place to work
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 February 2014
Excellent Senior management. Very understanding when it comes to needing time with family. Always accommodating.
The hardest part of my job is the administration side. Hiring files are extremely detailed and they consume a lot of time. If there are workplace injuries or any fact finding reports that need to be completed these can be extremely time consuming. There are monthly safety audits and a food production program that needs to be monitored daily. Managers need to be on the floor during the peak times to watch staff work performance or to talk with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff. We have a lot of good laughs.
Pros
Free parking, food, time off over Christmas.
Cons
Pay, some long hours
Great
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 May 2016
Aramark is a great corporate citizen and treat their employees very well. Overall a very good company to work for. The work is continuously changing and allows for new and unique challenges daily. Aramark allows people to foster their passion for people and immerse themselves in service.
working for a brand name hotel
Food Service Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto, On13 October 2014
Ensured that corporate and Marriott hotel standards and policies are explained to
employees and implemented adequately/satisfactorily.
 Conducting regular training sessions with the assigned team in line with the
departmental SOP's
 Ensured timely set up of all Banquets' venues according to the service settings and
as outlined in the Banquet Event Orders
 Coordinated all menu proposals, presentations and buffet set-up with the
Executive Chef.
 Prepared duty schedules, ensuring efficient workforce are deployed at all times
Pros
getting the expeience to work for a brans name hotel
Respectful and Driven Workplace
Vending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2016
Aramark has been a fantastic place to work. Everyone I have worked with have been fantastic, including co-workers and management. Even though I hold a fairly low level position in the company I still feel respected and valued by my superiors (something I have not felt elsewhere). As a full time student they have been fantastic working around my school schedule and allowing time off whenever exams arise.
Fun and productive customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shaw Barlow Canada22 March 2013
A typical day of work for me is when I successfully fulfilled my duties and responsibilities with passion and dedication to my work especially dealing with customers & co-workers. I didn't find any hardest part of my job because I see myself loving what I'm doing in every seconds,hours of working. That is how I value work like giving value to yourself as a person. And the most enjoyable part of my job is when I make every person/customer smile in a simple way of conversation. I personally love dealing with them and build raport even the most cranky customers that I had.
Pros
excellent meal benefits
Cons
standing for long hours
Don't Do It!
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta17 July 2012
Was a housekeeper at a very nice camp for this company. The work was brutally physical to the point of having to have deep tissue massages when I was out for a week a month & being so tired as to not being able to do anything but sleep! Management showed no appreciatation for anything that we did, they just kept cracking the whip & putting up the work load. They also gave no room for advancement. Then we were all laid off without warning. This company does not appreciate their employees & are slave drivers. Don't think I would ever go work for this company again!
Pros
the people were super nice
Cons
everything about the job!
great place for young people to work at
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
great place to work, lots and lots of people that work they're. you get to make your hours and have a lot of flexibility. A lot of younger people work so that socializing with others isnt that hard
Pros
free breakfast on sundays
Cons
work is not everyday
This was a good job experience and training
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2016
A typical day at work was basically the same. My co-workers were hard working people and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.
Pros
Sometimes being able to purchase items that had not been sold that day.
Cons
Heavy lifting at times
Deitary Aide
Deitary Aide (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB7 June 2016
Typical day was setting up to serve residents meals, then we clean up wash dishes and reset for next meals. At the end of our work day we would make sure everything was ready for the supper rush and next staff.
Pros
I loved all the residents
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2012
We were in a retail food service environment. We worked hard, but had fun doing it. There was always something going on, and many areas to help out in, so it was a fast-paced, but fun environment. The hardest part of the job, was trying to meet deadlines and provide quality food and services when we were short-staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone pulled up their sleeves when busy, including management. Therefore, we always felt like we were all part of the team.
Pros
free lunches and coffee
Cons
long hours, pay could have been better
Team work with co workers
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON5 June 2016
I enjoyed my time at aramark, i saw multiple opportunities for teamwork. at the end of the day, everyone chipped in to get what needs to be done during the day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
repetition
Never go back even if they offered me $20 an hour.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterville NS16 January 2013
-A normal work day for me was i would clean 12 bathrooms and 7 break rooms in 8 hours and it would be 15 mins a bathroom and 15 mins a break room.
- I learned that all the rumors about Aramark managers are true. they treat people like they are not important.
-The management was the worst that i have ever worked for. They are a very high turn over rate for a reason. She would jold your job above your head because she said many time "I can replace you at any time because i want people I like and not people will not talk back, get hurt or any other crazy things"
-Some of my co-workers were awesome people I got along with alot of them, i would hang out with them after work. some co-workers i couldn't stand because they were so full of them self.
-Hardest part of my job was when the toilets would blow up/back up and i had to clean up feces off the walls, ceiling, doors, mirrors. When i told my boss i refused to clean up people feces she told me I had to do it or i was fired on the spot.
-The most enjoy part of my job was some of the people.
Pros
good coworkers, day shift 7-3.
Cons
bosses, pay, bad coworkers, the runs that had to be done.