Aramark Employee Reviews

Productive and very fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2016
Great helpfull staff! Had fun while working there. The hardest part of the job was carrying hot and heavy food containers.
Great enviornment to be in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 October 2012
A typical day at work would be cooking fresh food preparing fresh salads,sandwiches and dealing with 700 hundred high schoolers as well as teachers and the administrated office.I learned that giving customers what they want will make them happy and return customers.Management are all fair and fun to deal with,meeting management criterias are a must.co-worker deligate ang you will succeed.hardest part of the job is leaving the kids in june for another year,yo grow attached to the kids as well as the teachers and the offfice addmin.I enjoy the company parties as well as the teachers get together involvement.
Pros
no advancement already a manager
Cons
hours are shorter in the summer before the summer layoffs
Fun place to work
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 February 2014
Excellent Senior management. Very understanding when it comes to needing time with family. Always accommodating.
The hardest part of my job is the administration side. Hiring files are extremely detailed and they consume a lot of time. If there are workplace injuries or any fact finding reports that need to be completed these can be extremely time consuming. There are monthly safety audits and a food production program that needs to be monitored daily. Managers need to be on the floor during the peak times to watch staff work performance or to talk with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff. We have a lot of good laughs.
Pros
Free parking, food, time off over Christmas.
Cons
Pay, some long hours
working for a brand name hotel
Food Service Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto, On13 October 2014
Ensured that corporate and Marriott hotel standards and policies are explained to
employees and implemented adequately/satisfactorily.
 Conducting regular training sessions with the assigned team in line with the
departmental SOP's
 Ensured timely set up of all Banquets' venues according to the service settings and
as outlined in the Banquet Event Orders
 Coordinated all menu proposals, presentations and buffet set-up with the
Executive Chef.
 Prepared duty schedules, ensuring efficient workforce are deployed at all times
Pros
getting the expeience to work for a brans name hotel
Cons
Aramark was a great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 February 2016
1.The supervisors and managers at Aramark were excellent!
2. The employees were very easy to work with.
3. The managers and supervisors provided good training to help you get up to speed.
4. All the employees in the IT department worked well as a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
Pros
Great supervisors, managers and employees
Don't Do It!
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta17 July 2012
Was a housekeeper at a very nice camp for this company. The work was brutally physical to the point of having to have deep tissue massages when I was out for a week a month & being so tired as to not being able to do anything but sleep! Management showed no appreciatation for anything that we did, they just kept cracking the whip & putting up the work load. They also gave no room for advancement. Then we were all laid off without warning. This company does not appreciate their employees & are slave drivers. Don't think I would ever go work for this company again!
Pros
the people were super nice
Cons
everything about the job!
Fun and productive customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shaw Barlow Canada22 March 2013
A typical day of work for me is when I successfully fulfilled my duties and responsibilities with passion and dedication to my work especially dealing with customers & co-workers. I didn't find any hardest part of my job because I see myself loving what I'm doing in every seconds,hours of working. That is how I value work like giving value to yourself as a person. And the most enjoyable part of my job is when I make every person/customer smile in a simple way of conversation. I personally love dealing with them and build raport even the most cranky customers that I had.
Pros
excellent meal benefits
Cons
standing for long hours
This job suited my personality and I gained new confidence and many friends.
Hostess,Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 November 2013
Enjoyed working with a diverse team. Hard work but a fun environment.
Management were very fair and understanding.
Setting up trays and beverages was challenging and promotions were fun when a new flight was introduced.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I looked forward to everyday as it was always different and people were always in a good mood. Being recognized for being a team player was an added bonus.
Pros
Being in a busy and active environment at a major airport.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2012
We were in a retail food service environment. We worked hard, but had fun doing it. There was always something going on, and many areas to help out in, so it was a fast-paced, but fun environment. The hardest part of the job, was trying to meet deadlines and provide quality food and services when we were short-staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone pulled up their sleeves when busy, including management. Therefore, we always felt like we were all part of the team.
Pros
free lunches and coffee
Cons
long hours, pay could have been better
Never go back even if they offered me $20 an hour.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterville NS16 January 2013
-A normal work day for me was i would clean 12 bathrooms and 7 break rooms in 8 hours and it would be 15 mins a bathroom and 15 mins a break room.
- I learned that all the rumors about Aramark managers are true. they treat people like they are not important.
-The management was the worst that i have ever worked for. They are a very high turn over rate for a reason. She would jold your job above your head because she said many time "I can replace you at any time because i want people I like and not people will not talk back, get hurt or any other crazy things"
-Some of my co-workers were awesome people I got along with alot of them, i would hang out with them after work. some co-workers i couldn't stand because they were so full of them self.
-Hardest part of my job was when the toilets would blow up/back up and i had to clean up feces off the walls, ceiling, doors, mirrors. When i told my boss i refused to clean up people feces she told me I had to do it or i was fired on the spot.
-The most enjoy part of my job was some of the people.
Pros
good coworkers, day shift 7-3.
Cons
bosses, pay, bad coworkers, the runs that had to be done.
Fun, safe environment to work great co- workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario14 April 2012
Typical day at work, would be very short, but very productive, got the work done to the best of my abilities.
After the 1st year not much to learn , except an upgrade in the cash registar. Great co-worker, we worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for long hours, and in the end not enough hours, which lead to a smaller pay.Most enjoyable part was just the comfort of knowing you had a job, the benefits too.
Pros
free lunches and breaks
Cons
long hours on your feet, for the 1st year, then most recent not enough hours
not supportive
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2015
I am a contract worker in Aramark for 2years until March 2016, and im looking forward for their support in applying me a new LMIA, but the management is not supporting me. Not all my co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is that you are doing multi-task, but it is good because i dont get bored.
Pros
free meals
Cons
fulltime
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
If you don't like interacting with peers perfect environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 August 2014
I would enter cheques in the morning, and then for the majority of the day I would follow up with accounts that are behind. Later on in the day I would run the tape for tomorrows deposit, help out when asked. I would do other tasks as assigned, such as uploading invoices via client portals to ensure timely payment.
Pros
ability to work independently
Cons
No advancement, poor management, childish environment, work to rule attitude, no employee appreciation
a good company but their remote camp directors are not well organized
Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2016
I enjoyed working for Aramark . I ran the kitchen and managed staff. I follow high moral standards but many people in todays society believe alcohol and drugs are appropriate in the workplace.
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 finch ave east18 February 2016
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
Pros
good people
Cons
frequent layoffs
Fun and sometime very hard
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
co-workers are very good,helpful but i am not satisfied with the management, minimum salaries are not enough for the job what we are doing right now.Other than salaries,everything is very good.
Annoying and boring. Really un-creative.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2016
I make the same food for the same people everyday. Daily special would be uncreative. To many procedures to even enjoy job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Boring
Great place to work wish i could work there again.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 July 2015
It was a normal paced job but slow at times. I learned theres' always something to do when the day gets slow. I management was great there I always felt welcomed anytime i came to work. The co workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was it ended too soon because the students were done their exams and school was out during the summer. Best part of the job is the friendly enviroment!
Pros
Good people, free supper, good workspace
Cons
Sow paced, little hours, was there temporary
Very busy workplace, working 21 days straight with 7 days off, does not leave any balance for family life.
Camp Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2013
A solid company with years of experience, good salary with benefits. Aramark has a great support system in place.

Customer service and delivering the product are keys values learned each day. Delivering on the promise.

The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
Pros
benefits, salary, living accomodations.
Cons
long hours, being away from family