Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome Job
House-keeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 25, 2015
I had the best experience there as my first job and I will cherish my memories there forever! Most people don't enjoy their time working at McDonald's but i had a blast everyday there and everyone was treated like family.
Pros
Great team!
Cons
Low pay
Terrible Company
cashier and general helper (Former Employee) –  rogers centreJune 9, 2015
If you are looking for the worst working conditions with the worst hours and days then you found it.

They dont train you just a rushed tutorial but expect you to know everything. Managers are rude and lazy, food is bad and dont feel good giving them to customers.
Pros
Discounts off food
Cons
Terrible working hours, conditions, employeers, managers, etc
Overall Good
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Its is overall good place to work but Management expect too much from every employee. Punch in and Punch out time are not calculated properly.
I am ejoying fun my placement at Aramark.
no sales (Former Employee) –  Oshawa,ONMay 19, 2015
I like to go to placement at Aramark in Oshawa I met new people
I enjoying make recipe bakery and dessert and chopped vegetables and fruit my favorite I really like make cupcakes, cake decorating and bakery. I love make cupcake and decorating. Please I want to go summer job at Choko-Mocko in Ajax I am deaf, Asl Sign Ianaguse I will need can go to job with interpreter I hope so.
Pros
Yes like break time lunch
Cons
hours 11 or 8
Great Company to work for
District Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 13, 2015
I worked for ARAMARK for over 14 years and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work for the company again. I had the great fortune to work for three divisions of the company and enjoyed every assignment that I was given which included travelling across the country.

It is a company that values its employees and recognizes that its greatest asset is its PEOPLE.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Contract Services Company that is impacted by growth or loss of service accounts
Interesting
Housekeeper for the G8 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONMay 12, 2015
Was placed on the night shift to clean trailers for the workers and security for the G8 2010 in Huntsville, ON.
Learned that some people in the security team were dirty nasty people, but the management of Aramark took it up with securities management right away, and quick action resulted.
Learning to sleep through the day was hard to adjust but enjoyed the evening cruises with the golf carts.
Pros
Free food, free boarding, free trasportation
Cons
promises not always met
the work was hard but the pay was good.
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  around Fort MacMurray. different campsJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for Aramark. The people I worked with were great. I enjoyed the camp setting and I met lots of different kinds of people both working with and for. It was a good experience and I am glad I worked for Aramark
productivity and fun at workplace
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 7, 2015
this is my first job and i enjoyed working. Moreover i learnt some skills. moreover it helped me with everything like in money purposes.co-workers are very helpful
UBC Hospital - Housekeeping aide (Former Employee) –  UBC HospitalSeptember 26, 2015
Management not too good, but this place was good to work for. Most days short staffed but we always manage to get the work done.
stressful place to work
Cashier/Server/Porter/Catering (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 6, 2015
walking into work was immediate stress. consistently expected to do others work while your own was piling up. always understaffed with no one trying to get a fill in. the people who do show up are late and don't do much work. verbally and physically offencive
Pros
free lunch
Cons
uncontrollable disrepectfull people to work with and for
good company and stable
Retail Manager - Higher Education (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Comes to work very early, operates 3 concessions in the library ensure have enough inventory,staffing to meet what the business requires. I learned and improve my knowledge in operating multiple food service units.Hardest part of my job is a very long hours and still brings work home like paperworks, since you have to focus on working on the floor making sure business is running smoothly, though I find it also enjoyable since i am seeing and interacting with a lot of people.
Pros
free lunches
Productive workplace with tradeoffs
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2015
In this position, it is my overall duty to oversee the entire vending department by managing, implementing and monitoring service standards for all events in the largest live event venue vending operations in Toronto.
The Aramark Workplace- productivity matters
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 16, 2015
Aramark has been a key part of my career as it taught me how time management and patience is a key skill in amending an individuals. The management is very successful in maintaining a cheerful workplace, while maintaining efficiency. The job was pretty easy as long as the work environment was enjoyable. I had to take a medical leave so I had to quit the job or else I still would have been working at Aramark.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
salary to low compared to the effort
Dedication.
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2015
A typical day at work depends if all staff show up. Things can be a challenge but very eventful. I've learned a lot working at Aramark. There's many things I'll take with me. My staff are very passionate about their jobs. We are a family. The best part of my job are my customers and staff.
Very hectic work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 10, 2015
Very hectic work place,
That if everyone works together no matter how hectic it will run smoothly
Upper management need to work on their people skills
My co-workers were awesome
There was nothing hard about my job
The majority of the customers
Pros
breaks were paid
Cons
the way they paid vacation pay
Interesting
Bus person / Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 14, 2015
Very Interesting place to work and very demanding. The day is 81/2 hours. I learned attention to detail. The coworkers are hard working for the most part.
Pros
meals
Cons
too busy at times
office admin
Catering Supervisor/ Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
liked the job, but they don't give enough hours but hire a lot of people to have for the back up. paying for benefits but you dont get any... didn't like new chef, as a fact many people resigned because of him; verbal harassment, discrespect.... and you can't do anything about it because many people scare of him and can't stand up for themselves.
Great atmosphere, flexible hours
Cashier/Caterer/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 14, 2015
I have worked for Aramark for 13 years and have a close working relationship with management and coworkers and really enjoy our customers.
Nova Chemcals
Lead hand payroll (Former Employee) –  sarnia ontarioMay 30, 2015
they threw there without no training Samanth and Oscar
l will what l should go back there.manager does not go by rules at all.and second hand to manager is does not go by rules set by nova chemcals
Pros
worest training
Cons
never work there
Amazing place to work in
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2015
Everyday was amazing because you get to meet new customers and friends. Most customers are regulars so everyone feels like a family. My co-workers we're amazing and when I left the job because of school related issues I was sad to leave my co-workers behind.