Aramark Employee Reviews

fun place to work but not getting full hours per week
Driver (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 March 2016
Fun place to work but not getting full hours per week. I deliver food from York University to TD Centre. The job is not stressful but I do not make 40 hours per week when the university students are on vacation.
Pros
lunch provided at small cost
Cons
breaks allowed
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
It is productive but there is no fun
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Company, the Management does not care about their staff. They pay low wages and most times when you get your pay, there are always missing hours, If the Supervisor don't like you, you will only get 4 hours per day even if they employ you as a full-time. The Supervisor will schedule you to work 3 hours per day only even though the law states that you cannot work for less than 4 hours per shift. If no pay was deposited into your account, you will either have to wait for another two weeks when they run payroll again or you accept a post dated check.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Unsupportive management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2016
I've been here for 3 months, have 20+ years of experience in the industry and have rarely seen such disorganization and favouritism in a workplace. Zero job security even for employees with 4+ years of tenure. I will be looking for better employ this month. Wrongly assumed working for a University would be a positive environment with room to grow. Aramark is too distant and large to properly manage this location, they should stick to uniform supply.
Pros
Pay rate, thanks to my experience
Cons
Higher management is lacking oxygen to brains
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 February 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
Annoying and boring. Really un-creative.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2016
I make the same food for the same people everyday. Daily special would be uncreative. To many procedures to even enjoy job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Boring
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 finch ave east18 February 2016
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
Pros
good people
Cons
frequent layoffs
a good company but their remote camp directors are not well organized
Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2016
I enjoyed working for Aramark . I ran the kitchen and managed staff. I follow high moral standards but many people in todays society believe alcohol and drugs are appropriate in the workplace.
Long Hours
Worker (Former Employee) –  BC13 February 2016
This company requires employee to work long hours. Not a lot of support and communication from upper management. Fun to work events but hours and days can be long.
Aramark was a great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 February 2016
1.The supervisors and managers at Aramark were excellent!
2. The employees were very easy to work with.
3. The managers and supervisors provided good training to help you get up to speed.
4. All the employees in the IT department worked well as a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
Pros
Great supervisors, managers and employees
Cons
too many people in control
chef (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 January 2016
was a great place too work for the years I was there . then too many people in charge of things they tell you to do one thing and then the next day it always seems to change
Pros
payed holidays and sick days
Cons
hire mangment got a little out of hand
Work Place
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2016
Very hard to control your temper. Very stressful and long hours.
As a supervisor very hard to manage workers that have learning or physical disabilities.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Difficult co-workers
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 January 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Customer service
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 January 2016
Dealing with customers was fun and interactive. Working for aramark was good and helped megain experience in the reatil industry
Pros
TIME FLEXIBILITY
Cons
LAY OFFS
No long term growth in sight
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2016
No long term growth in sight. Newer employees were being paid a higher wage from the start. Poor management and high turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON11 January 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
Productive and Team-oreinted
Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
Great company, growth is a possibility if hard work is shown.
All employees from concession attendant to stand lead are unionized, help with the security of the job. Great environment especially at the Roger Center.
Respectful and Driven Workplace
Vending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2016
Aramark has been a fantastic place to work. Everyone I have worked with have been fantastic, including co-workers and management. Even though I hold a fairly low level position in the company I still feel respected and valued by my superiors (something I have not felt elsewhere). As a full time student they have been fantastic working around my school schedule and allowing time off whenever exams arise.
just not a good busniess at all
Bakery/Chef (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 December 2015
just was not gonna make it as a company I got injured instead of helping me they fired me the front desk lady did not know how to do her job properly and the management wasn't good at all.
Company went bankrupt.
Pros
there was no pros
Cons
was not stable
i was a chef there
Catering Chef/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 December 2015
I was the chef of a staff of sixty staff and in charge of ,ordering ,scheduals , making sure all employees were productive and following through with production list and cooking . health and safety, wsib, whims and work safety , cost control food cost, and management meets with Dm and university student union