Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Annoying and boring. Really un-creative.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
I make the same food for the same people everyday. Daily special would be uncreative. To many procedures to even enjoy job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Boring
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
a good company but their remote camp directors are not well organized
Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Aramark . I ran the kitchen and managed staff. I follow high moral standards but many people in todays society believe alcohol and drugs are appropriate in the workplace.
Fun and productive customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shaw Barlow CanadaMarch 22, 2013
A typical day of work for me is when I successfully fulfilled my duties and responsibilities with passion and dedication to my work especially dealing with customers & co-workers. I didn't find any hardest part of my job because I see myself loving what I'm doing in every seconds,hours of working. That is how I value work like giving value to yourself as a person. And the most enjoyable part of my job is when I make every person/customer smile in a simple way of conversation. I personally love dealing with them and build raport even the most cranky customers that I had.
Pros
excellent meal benefits
Cons
standing for long hours
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 finch ave eastFebruary 18, 2016
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
Pros
good people
Cons
frequent layoffs
Open door policy fun and focused people
Administrative Assistant and Junior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 20, 2013
Start at 8am, with morning meetings, afterwards we head to our various desks to perform the days work.

I learned to work in a fast paced environment and also to do my best. I also learned how effective team work could be.

Very welcoming management and always address issues raised by employees.

cooperative and fun to work with

Deadlines and fast pace but once you get a hand of it you have fun doing it.

Open door policy and work life balance policy and recognition for a good job.
office admin
Catering Supervisor/ Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
liked the job, but they don't give enough hours but hire a lot of people to have for the back up. paying for benefits but you dont get any... didn't like new chef, as a fact many people resigned because of him; verbal harassment, discrespect.... and you can't do anything about it because many people scare of him and can't stand up for themselves.
always exciting with the baseball games held at the dome
Stand Lead/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
it was always an exciting place to work at the dome because its a sports stadium. always get to see different kinds of fans and be able to engage with them in a fun and welcoming aura. it tends to get really busy and there would be stressful times but the efficiency of the workers and the constant communication between the front liners and the cooks is a must.
Pros
being a part of a large franchise like the Blue Jays
Cons
breaks have to be timed perfectly
too many people in control
chef (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 27, 2016
was a great place too work for the years I was there . then too many people in charge of things they tell you to do one thing and then the next day it always seems to change
Pros
payed holidays and sick days
Cons
hire mangment got a little out of hand
Fun and sometime very hard
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
co-workers are very good,helpful but i am not satisfied with the management, minimum salaries are not enough for the job what we are doing right now.Other than salaries,everything is very good.
Fun, safe environment to work great co- workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioApril 14, 2012
Typical day at work, would be very short, but very productive, got the work done to the best of my abilities.
After the 1st year not much to learn , except an upgrade in the cash registar. Great co-worker, we worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for long hours, and in the end not enough hours, which lead to a smaller pay.Most enjoyable part was just the comfort of knowing you had a job, the benefits too.
Pros
free lunches and breaks
Cons
long hours on your feet, for the 1st year, then most recent not enough hours
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 24, 2014
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Pros
free food on duty. benefits. pension plan. growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons
pay for parking.
not supportive
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2015
I am a contract worker in Aramark for 2years until March 2016, and im looking forward for their support in applying me a new LMIA, but the management is not supporting me. Not all my co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is that you are doing multi-task, but it is good because i dont get bored.
Pros
free meals
Cons
fulltime
Safe and Friendly Environment at Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCOctober 2, 2014
As a housekeeper at Aramark I've learned so many things. I've learned to handle patients in a kindly manner. I also watched health assistants with their patients and with I've learned how they deal with their patients. I've also learned that even though you are in the hospital with different supplies of medication it is still easy to catch viruses and diseases. I've learned to protect my self from those viruses and diseases.

I feel like my managers and supervisors have helped a lot with work especially that this place has a safe and friendly environment workplace. In terms of co-workers we help each other and we communicate if there are still job that is still needed to be done. If there is any case of misunderstanding or conflict with co-workers I always honestly explain what happen and make sure that when handling conflicts that I am always calm and tone your voice.

The hardest part of the job is carry heavy weight but I manage to handle it with good strategy and I make sure that when carrying heavy load that my position is always safe. I enjoy learning new things in my job and that everyday I enhance myself with safety and making sure that the area is clean as it should be.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
long hours of work
Productive and Team-oreinted
Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Great company, growth is a possibility if hard work is shown.
All employees from concession attendant to stand lead are unionized, help with the security of the job. Great environment especially at the Roger Center.
Customer service
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Dealing with customers was fun and interactive. Working for aramark was good and helped megain experience in the reatil industry
Pros
TIME FLEXIBILITY
Cons
LAY OFFS
Very busy workplace, working 21 days straight with 7 days off, does not leave any balance for family life.
Camp Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2013
A solid company with years of experience, good salary with benefits. Aramark has a great support system in place.

Customer service and delivering the product are keys values learned each day. Delivering on the promise.

The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
Pros
benefits, salary, living accomodations.
Cons
long hours, being away from family
Employee Safety on the job is a priority.
MAILROOM/OFFICE SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ONJanuary 21, 2015
This is an 'American' company and a service sub-contractor providing a variety of services including Food/Beverage from machines to cafeteria's, Cleaning and Office Services.
They do offer basic benefits for employees who are contracted to work at least 20 hours per week.
Enjoyable job with great hours.
Shop Labourer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Morinville, ABDecember 11, 2015
As a driver for Aramark, I enjoyed my job quite a bit there. I would get to take day long trips delivering supplies to camps in Northern Alberta, and I loved it. The coworkers were great to work with, and my direct manager was awesome.
I liked my job at Aramark
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be me cleaning offices, carpets, bathrooms. I waxed and polished floors. I also did garbage disposal and vacuum. One of my co-workers did not do that much on the job and left me to do most of everything. He would hide and play on his game system while me and my other co-worker actually cleaned.