Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Employee Safety on the job is a priority.
MAILROOM/OFFICE SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ONJanuary 21, 2015
This is an 'American' company and a service sub-contractor providing a variety of services including Food/Beverage from machines to cafeteria's, Cleaning and Office Services.
They do offer basic benefits for employees who are contracted to work at least 20 hours per week.
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 24, 2014
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Pros
free food on duty. benefits. pension plan. growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons
pay for parking.
Fun, safe environment to work great co- workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioApril 14, 2012
Typical day at work, would be very short, but very productive, got the work done to the best of my abilities.
After the 1st year not much to learn , except an upgrade in the cash registar. Great co-worker, we worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for long hours, and in the end not enough hours, which lead to a smaller pay.Most enjoyable part was just the comfort of knowing you had a job, the benefits too.
Pros
free lunches and breaks
Cons
long hours on your feet, for the 1st year, then most recent not enough hours
Overall Good
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Its is overall good place to work but Management expect too much from every employee. Punch in and Punch out time are not calculated properly.
Fun workplace with supportive staff
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive staff. My co-workers are very helpful to each other. This company is located at the busy environment.
Great work place
Food servant (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaSeptember 10, 2015
The management was great, learned new things everyday, the employment team were great as well were the clients. I would recommend this company to anyone who would like to learn different tasks and develop great team work.
Pros
Team work
Fun
Tim Hortons (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Everyone is very nice and hard working.
Everyone always willing to help out.
Always making jokes and in a good mood.
The Hardest part i'd say is being efficient and quick when there is a rush of people
Very busy workplace, working 21 days straight with 7 days off, does not leave any balance for family life.
Camp Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2013
A solid company with years of experience, good salary with benefits. Aramark has a great support system in place.

Customer service and delivering the product are keys values learned each day. Delivering on the promise.

The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
Pros
benefits, salary, living accomodations.
Cons
long hours, being away from family
Great Company to work for
District Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 13, 2015
I worked for ARAMARK for over 14 years and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work for the company again. I had the great fortune to work for three divisions of the company and enjoyed every assignment that I was given which included travelling across the country.

It is a company that values its employees and recognizes that its greatest asset is its PEOPLE.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Contract Services Company that is impacted by growth or loss of service accounts
Aramark is a great place to work
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great company great people, love my job, my day at ARAMARK is all about assisting users with their computer issues, need for assistance with their phones, printers, etc.
in a bit of financial situation so looking for temporary weekend work
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Salaried, cant work OT
This is cafeteria work in a local highschool
Cook, Cashier, Server, Janitor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ontOctober 19, 2015
I really enjoy my job here for Aramark. There is only two of us who work at this school cafeteria, it is not a hard job i really enjoy working with the students. I do only get 3.5 hours a day and that is the hardest part.
flexible and co operative though very busy call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCSeptember 9, 2015
worked as a Call Center representative at Aramark Vancouver.My duties were to take calls from hospitals and delegate tasks to respective housekeepers follow up with the supervisors to Log work orders received by emails. I learned to multi task with high volume of calls, i enjoyed my job everybody was helpful and friendly.
Great place to work, Great atmosphere, Flexible hours
Alcohol Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
You have the opportunity to meet a diverse group of customers and coworkers. You are working within a international company with endless potential.
Pros
Unionized workplace
Cons
Sometimes unorganized
A pleasant and fun place to work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2012
Each morning I meet and greet coworkers and them prepare my work station to provide service to customers when they arrive. I interact with customers and most times I know exactly how they need their coffee. Coworkers and management provides a good atmosphere to work in. Customers are always pleasant. I love my job but its not the field of work that I can excel in.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low salary
good company and stable
Retail Manager - Higher Education (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Comes to work very early, operates 3 concessions in the library ensure have enough inventory,staffing to meet what the business requires. I learned and improve my knowledge in operating multiple food service units.Hardest part of my job is a very long hours and still brings work home like paperworks, since you have to focus on working on the floor making sure business is running smoothly, though I find it also enjoyable since i am seeing and interacting with a lot of people.
Pros
free lunches
Low pay/low standards
Manager (Former Employee) –  HRMMarch 26, 2013
Aramark basically operates with one thing in mind...making money. This often leads to lowend food quality. Staff moral is very low and service shows as alot of staff feel they are under paid and over worked. The managers and higher ups dont show respect towards their staff or compensate them for there dedication and hard work
Pros
interaction with students
Cons
poor pay/benifits/hours/seasonal in many cases
Excellent Employer
2nd Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 16, 2013
The work was challenging and rewarding.
I learned how to cook in mass productions.
The camp was well managed and maintained by management.
I developed close working relationships and personal friendships during my employment
Pros
great benefits and salary to do the work i love & enjoy.
Cons
the travel time to & from camp.
Interesting
Housekeeper for the G8 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONMay 12, 2015
Was placed on the night shift to clean trailers for the workers and security for the G8 2010 in Huntsville, ON.
Learned that some people in the security team were dirty nasty people, but the management of Aramark took it up with securities management right away, and quick action resulted.
Learning to sleep through the day was hard to adjust but enjoyed the evening cruises with the golf carts.
Pros
Free food, free boarding, free trasportation
Cons
promises not always met
big company with many good people
Vendeur et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2014
Worked there for 13 years and had a great time. They want the end results to be attained with good workers and supervisors. Good benefits and wages.
Pros
opportunities to work your way up
Cons
toronto head office has to much control on some of the smaller branches
Great team members
Light Duty Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Joffree ABApril 10, 2014
I enjoy working for Aramark and working with the other staff,we all get along great and as a whole we make an awesome team.

Having an approachable supervisor is a bonus,as you can talk to her and she listens without judgement or reproach,and offers advice
Pros
free lunches, no weekends or holidays
Cons
low salary, poor benefits