Aramark Employee Reviews

Open door policy fun and focused people
Administrative Assistant and Junior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 September 2013
Start at 8am, with morning meetings, afterwards we head to our various desks to perform the days work.

I learned to work in a fast paced environment and also to do my best. I also learned how effective team work could be.

Very welcoming management and always address issues raised by employees.

cooperative and fun to work with

Deadlines and fast pace but once you get a hand of it you have fun doing it.

Open door policy and work life balance policy and recognition for a good job.
hot and busy
Cashier / General Help (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 August 2016
busy all day, helping customers and cleaning cafeteria
Do not support staff when problems occurs.
Students and professors are friendly.
Catering is a lot of work setting up and you do a lot of running back and forth. The summer is hard to work in because of the dishwasher. No ventilation from the steam of the dishes.
Fun and productive work place
Cash, cook, catering (Former Employee) –  Alma, NS9 June 2016
Learned quickly with Aramark, and met a lot of great people. I did different jobs while working there. Ex. cash, cooking, catering. It was fun and busy at the same time. Everyone there was helpful.
Pros
Fun and productive
not a progressive company
Regional Operations /Q A Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
I have worked here for almost 2 years. The senior leadership is weak and the direction of the company seems to be lacking. I am concerned they are getting left in the dust by the competitors. They need to change the way they operate otherwise our division is going to obsolete in 10 years.
Great working environment!
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 September 2015
This is one of my favourite jobs I've ever had. The management is made up of great people from what I could tell who actually cared about you. I worked in the kitchen and Chef Mathew was fantastic. He worked harder then anybody there. The rest of the staff was a little random, some were good some were awful. My only real complain with that was the awful people had to be consistently awful to be fired.
Its an open line restaurant and our customers are all university students. You interact with them while you cook, and almost every day was fun and exciting.
Pros
Good pay, job security and working conditions
Cons
Long hours, no work in summer
It is productive but there is no fun
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Company, the Management does not care about their staff. They pay low wages and most times when you get your pay, there are always missing hours, If the Supervisor don't like you, you will only get 4 hours per day even if they employ you as a full-time. The Supervisor will schedule you to work 3 hours per day only even though the law states that you cannot work for less than 4 hours per shift. If no pay was deposited into your account, you will either have to wait for another two weeks when they run payroll again or you accept a post dated check.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Fun, safe environment to work great co- workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario14 April 2012
Typical day at work, would be very short, but very productive, got the work done to the best of my abilities.
After the 1st year not much to learn , except an upgrade in the cash registar. Great co-worker, we worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for long hours, and in the end not enough hours, which lead to a smaller pay.Most enjoyable part was just the comfort of knowing you had a job, the benefits too.
Pros
free lunches and breaks
Cons
long hours on your feet, for the 1st year, then most recent not enough hours
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto24 April 2014
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Pros
Free Food on duty. Benefits. Pension plan. Growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons
Pay for Parking.
Its good place in my work..
Food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
my responsibilities in aramark is all around im doing cashier, grill cook, serving costumers in extreme pita, booster juice and tim hortons, i am also a tim hortons baker, kitchen help,.
Pros
Good job location near the train
Cons
8 hrs work
good people
Camp Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2016
Laid back attitude as long as you produce.good employees long term ....job security lately has been scary..but everyone is experancing this..overall I like them and want to build but difficult. a lot is expected for less pay!
Pros
good people
Cons
pay less
unorganized
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2016
Working for Aramark Canada at the princess location was easily the most unorganized and confusing job I have yet to have, from going an entire 8 hours without a break, to the lack of communication between managers. The hardest part was watching the mad show that unrolled whenever someone would call in sick, the only part I enjoyed were the co-workers I met while working there.
The management however, its why I left.
unorganized !!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unorganized
Very busy workplace, working 21 days straight with 7 days off, does not leave any balance for family life.
Camp Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2013
A solid company with years of experience, good salary with benefits. Aramark has a great support system in place.

Customer service and delivering the product are keys values learned each day. Delivering on the promise.

The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
Pros
benefits, salary, living accomodations.
Cons
long hours, being away from family
Great team, but needed to work on it
Baker, Breakfast Cook, First Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
Very busy and large workloads, had to learn very quickly how to manage your time.
Overall management was good, direct management could have been a little more helpful.
My coworkers were great.
Hardest part of job was the work load.
I really enjoyed the team work.
Pros
Nice camps
Cons
workloads
Safe and Friendly Environment at Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2 October 2014
As a housekeeper at Aramark I've learned so many things. I've learned to handle patients in a kindly manner. I also watched health assistants with their patients and with I've learned how they deal with their patients. I've also learned that even though you are in the hospital with different supplies of medication it is still easy to catch viruses and diseases. I've learned to protect my self from those viruses and diseases.

I feel like my managers and supervisors have helped a lot with work especially that this place has a safe and friendly environment workplace. In terms of co-workers we help each other and we communicate if there are still job that is still needed to be done. If there is any case of misunderstanding or conflict with co-workers I always honestly explain what happen and make sure that when handling conflicts that I am always calm and tone your voice.

The hardest part of the job is carry heavy weight but I manage to handle it with good strategy and I make sure that when carrying heavy load that my position is always safe. I enjoy learning new things in my job and that everyday I enhance myself with safety and making sure that the area is clean as it should be.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
long hours of work
It was my first job in Canada
Baking and Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
The company was really very nice and flexible and we had lots of training on job. I learnt lots of new and different things. The staff were really very kind and helpful. It was a very good experienced and I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Had to wash Huge greesy utensils.
Coupons for events and food for productive employees
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
Pros
Vouchers for events and food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 December 2015
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
Non-long hours
Long Hours
Worker (Former Employee) –  BC13 February 2016
This company requires employee to work long hours. Not a lot of support and communication from upper management. Fun to work events but hours and days can be long.
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 January 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON11 January 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.