Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best job
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, OntarioMarch 26, 2014
This was the best job and employer I've ever had.

Sadly the Corrections division in Ontario's contract expired.

All Ontario Corrections staff for Aramark were laid off.

Miss this job.

Andre Bisallon was an excellent District Manager.

Would gladly work for this company again.
hardworking & not a good working area
General Duties Staff (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 24, 2014
lots of hard-work, too much rivalry in the working area, management wasn't good....and the food are the worst one (voted by everyone).....in fact it was average...so-so
Productive workplace with fun people.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Oromocto, NBMarch 20, 2014
Pros: got free food
Cons: very hot in the kitchen especially when its 30 celsius outside.
I learned how to cut, cook, and serve all kinds of foods. Interacted with a steady flow of people daily, and learned customer service skills. I also had the WHMIS training before this job so i learned sanitary issues and chemical hazards.
productive, challenging
COOK (Current Employee), toronto canadaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: over time pay
a very busy work place, challenging to handle people that is on unionize environment. I enjoy because every single day of work is learnings
one of the worst companies I ever worked for
cashier (Former Employee), Calgary,ABMarch 20, 2014
Cons: supervisors taking credit for work done by others
Did not enjoy working for aramark,and would not recommend them to anyone.They increased meal fees;do not pay for Family Day,or Heritage Day.It's like working for a union-length of employment counts for more than competence.Had to threaten to go to Employment Standards in order to receive vacation pay;two months later,am still waiting for roe,final pay – more... statement and T4[due 3 weeks ago] – less
Long Hours
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2014
this Company are really great everybody is treated fairly and positive environment.
awesome company
Camp attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free food and lodging
Cons: too many people
I loved it there

People were great and treated you well

MAnagement was also great

Hardest part of the job was knowing you are leaving for a week and you have 2 days left LOL
Friendly environment and a lot of experiences gained for future jobs
Warehouse Porter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches and tickets, great co-workers, friendly management
Typical day
-We usually start in the evening around 3pm-4pm
-Go through a bag check when we clock in
-After signing in we are assigned tasks before the event starts
-During event we are to supply vendors and restaurants with goods that they run out of
-Towards ending of event we do a clean up of empty beer kegs on all levels of the stadium and a clean – more... up of the warehouse
-After event we are to report to the manager and give an update of all tasks that were to be completed
-End of day sign out getting 6-8 hours of work depending on the event

What I've learned
-Protocols and procedures for receiving goods and equipment
-The responsibilities of preserving and storing food items including health and safety factors
-Communication is key when dealing with large quantities of goods that are served to customers on a daily basis, i.e. inventory, and requested goods from vendors and restaurants

-Well organized
-2 or 3 managers always on site in the warehouse
-3 or 4 managers on each level of the building to ensure that there is no miscommunication between the warehouse and the vendors
-Hours are very precise, tracked well and no one is ever short of a payment
-Payments are bi-weekly

Co-workers
-Very fun to be around
-Knowledgable of their job requirements and experienced in our responsibilities
-Safe and responsible regarding ARAMARK standards

Hardest part of the job
-Getting through heavy crowds of people with goods and equipment on busy event days without anyone getting hurt

Most enjoyable part of the job
-Doing our tasks alongside great co-workers – less
The people i worked with were great ,fun to work with.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: housing and food was provided
Cons: being away from home for long periods of time
I did house keeping and kithchen help with this company,i had many different duties.I was learning about food prep and found that the best part of the job.My coworkers were always willing to help me learn new aspects of the job.The hardest part was being away from home for 3 weeks and the time it took to get home.
Awesome place to be, but again tough for part timers
Lead Hand (Former Employee), OrilliaMarch 3, 2014
It is difficult to get into a full time postion as any one who already has a full time position loves it and will not leave
Great Pay
Camp Administrator (Former Employee), Conklin, ABMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free room and board including meals
Cons: long days and hours
Long hours but good money. Worked the late night shift was really slow but worth it in the end.
Fine dining establishment catering to our Club Members
Hostess (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 1, 2014
Pros: meeting exciting people every shift
Cons: long shifts
A typical day at works involves, organizing the reservation list, light cleaning of the bathrooms, restocking supplies around the restaurant, greeting customers and walking them to their table for the evening. We make arrangements with customers who request to keep their table for the whole event and as a hostess are responsible for maintaining a happy – more... and respected environment.

The staff at Club Red is very diverse in the sense that everyone offers different skills to their job field.

The hardest part of the job is the management. Our managers are very dedicated to the restaurant and it's customers but often do not have any system in place for their staff. Rules and schedules are constantly being changed without notice to the staff, which makes it very difficult to stay up to date with the new policies and schedules. – less
Fun place to work
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free parking, food, time off over christmas.
Cons: pay, some long hours
Excellent Senior management. Very understanding when it comes to needing time with family. Always accommodating.
The hardest part of my job is the administration side. Hiring files are extremely detailed and they consume a lot of time. If there are workplace injuries or any fact finding reports that need to be completed these can be extremely time consuming. – more... There are monthly safety audits and a food production program that needs to be monitored daily. Managers need to be on the floor during the peak times to watch staff work performance or to talk with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff. We have a lot of good laughs. – less
Good customers
Cook (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: lunches at discount
Cons: standing for long amounts of time
An average Kitchen job. Management could be better. Fellow employees are kind and fun to work with. Not sure if I would work in a kitchen setting again.
Aramark Healthcare Canada
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: external audits
Cleaning operation in healthcare is a tough but rewarding job at Aramark Healthcare.
Excellent health pkg
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: not enough money
starting at 3am every morning baking and making sure the coffe stations and baked goods are all ready for that hungry crowd.
I have learned alot working here. from adding a bit more flare to my cooking and managing the staff and paper work.
Management was great at times
co-workers kept me going.
the hardest part with this job was trying to be someone – more... i wasn't.
my most enjoyable part was going home. – less
The staff are nice to work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: like my hours
Cons: can't get a cup of tea free, or you, ll get fired
The co-workers are great to work with. It is a busy cafeteria to work in. Hours have been cut back a couple of times.
Good stepping stone job for a chef
Executive Chef/ Café Manager (Current Employee), Calagry ABFebruary 11, 2014
Working for ARAMARK is a good job if you want a good work life balance. most shifts are Monday to Friday day shifts in cooking that is hard to come by. If you are looking for a job with advancment oppertunity that is quite limited.
productive work place
First Cook, Grill Cook (Current Employee), York UnivercityJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great and friendly environment
Cons: expensive parking.
Great work place. Great co workers. Busy place and gained a lo of experience and meet good co workers.
A different experience to say the least
General Helper (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good friends
Cons: worst hr
I worked for this company for 2 years. The people I worked with were amazing. Management was the best at the camp I worked at.

The only complaint I had was the human resources. They dont call you back ever, even after 10 voicemails in 2 months no one could be bothered to phone me back. Instead I could hear the HR in the background telling the receptionist – more... to tell me not to phone anymore.
very unprofessional. – less

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more