Aramark Employee Reviews

It is productive but there is no fun
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Company, the Management does not care about their staff. They pay low wages and most times when you get your pay, there are always missing hours, If the Supervisor don't like you, you will only get 4 hours per day even if they employ you as a full-time. The Supervisor will schedule you to work 3 hours per day only even though the law states that you cannot work for less than 4 hours per shift. If no pay was deposited into your account, you will either have to wait for another two weeks when they run payroll again or you accept a post dated check.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 December 2015
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
Non-long hours
Very exciting and fun place to work.
Tim Hortons team member at Carleton University (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 May 2016
Very fair in dealing with staffs, no form of impartiality. Everybody respects one another and the management are very effective as well. You do not have to bother about spending money on food as lunch is provided while it will be deducted at a small rate from your pay.
Pros
Lunch is provided
Great team, but needed to work on it
Baker, Breakfast Cook, First Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
Very busy and large workloads, had to learn very quickly how to manage your time.
Overall management was good, direct management could have been a little more helpful.
My coworkers were great.
Hardest part of job was the work load.
I really enjoyed the team work.
Pros
Nice camps
Cons
workloads
Open door policy fun and focused people
Administrative Assistant and Junior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 September 2013
Start at 8am, with morning meetings, afterwards we head to our various desks to perform the days work.

I learned to work in a fast paced environment and also to do my best. I also learned how effective team work could be.

Very welcoming management and always address issues raised by employees.

cooperative and fun to work with

Deadlines and fast pace but once you get a hand of it you have fun doing it.

Open door policy and work life balance policy and recognition for a good job.
unorganized
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2016
Working for Aramark Canada at the princess location was easily the most unorganized and confusing job I have yet to have, from going an entire 8 hours without a break, to the lack of communication between managers. The hardest part was watching the mad show that unrolled whenever someone would call in sick, the only part I enjoyed were the co-workers I met while working there.
The management however, its why I left.
unorganized !!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unorganized
Fun and productive work place
Cash, cook, catering (Former Employee) –  Alma, NS9 June 2016
Learned quickly with Aramark, and met a lot of great people. I did different jobs while working there. Ex. cash, cooking, catering. It was fun and busy at the same time. Everyone there was helpful.
Pros
Fun and productive
not a progressive company
Regional Operations /Q A Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
I have worked here for almost 2 years. The senior leadership is weak and the direction of the company seems to be lacking. I am concerned they are getting left in the dust by the competitors. They need to change the way they operate otherwise our division is going to obsolete in 10 years.
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 January 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
The Aramark Workplace- productivity matters
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia16 March 2015
Aramark has been a key part of my career as it taught me how time management and patience is a key skill in amending an individuals. The management is very successful in maintaining a cheerful workplace, while maintaining efficiency. The job was pretty easy as long as the work environment was enjoyable. I had to take a medical leave so I had to quit the job or else I still would have been working at Aramark.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
Salary to low compared to the effort
hot and busy
Cashier / General Help (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 August 2016
busy all day, helping customers and cleaning cafeteria
Do not support staff when problems occurs.
Students and professors are friendly.
Catering is a lot of work setting up and you do a lot of running back and forth. The summer is hard to work in because of the dishwasher. No ventilation from the steam of the dishes.
Long Hours
Worker (Former Employee) –  BC13 February 2016
This company requires employee to work long hours. Not a lot of support and communication from upper management. Fun to work events but hours and days can be long.
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON11 January 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto24 April 2014
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Pros
Free Food on duty. Benefits. Pension plan. Growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons
Pay for Parking.
Good company to work for
breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2016
Good company to work for lots of good workers some days long hours no overtime most managers were good learned a lot about high volume cooking
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
LONG HOURS
good people
Camp Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2016
Laid back attitude as long as you produce.good employees long term ....job security lately has been scary..but everyone is experancing this..overall I like them and want to build but difficult. a lot is expected for less pay!
Pros
good people
Cons
pay less
great place to work with opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
Aramark has been a wonderful organization to work for offering much opportunity for advancement and learning.

The associates are appreciated and all carry passion for the industry.

Aramark's public commitments to empowerment and sustainability create an environment to be proud to work in
No long term growth in sight
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2016
No long term growth in sight. Newer employees were being paid a higher wage from the start. Poor management and high turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Its good place in my work..
Food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
my responsibilities in aramark is all around im doing cashier, grill cook, serving costumers in extreme pita, booster juice and tim hortons, i am also a tim hortons baker, kitchen help,.
Pros
Good job location near the train
Cons
8 hrs work
Very fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
The level of professionalism at Aramark was high. The vast majority of workers are incredibly supportive Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.