Aramark

Aramark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good customers
Cook (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: lunches at discount
Cons: standing for long amounts of time
An average Kitchen job. Management could be better. Fellow employees are kind and fun to work with. Not sure if I would work in a kitchen setting again.
Aramark Healthcare Canada
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: external audits
Cleaning operation in healthcare is a tough but rewarding job at Aramark Healthcare.
Excellent health pkg
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: not enough money
starting at 3am every morning baking and making sure the coffe stations and baked goods are all ready for that hungry crowd.
I have learned alot working here. from adding a bit more flare to my cooking and managing the staff and paper work.
Management was great at times
co-workers kept me going.
the hardest part with this job was trying to be someone – more... i wasn't.
my most enjoyable part was going home. – less
The staff are nice to work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: like my hours
Cons: can't get a cup of tea free, or you, ll get fired
The co-workers are great to work with. It is a busy cafeteria to work in. Hours have been cut back a couple of times.
Good stepping stone job for a chef
Executive Chef/ CafĂ© Manager (Current Employee), Calagry ABFebruary 11, 2014
Working for ARAMARK is a good job if you want a good work life balance. most shifts are Monday to Friday day shifts in cooking that is hard to come by. If you are looking for a job with advancment oppertunity that is quite limited.
productive work place
First Cook, Grill Cook (Current Employee), York UnivercityJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great and friendly environment
Cons: expensive parking.
Great work place. Great co workers. Busy place and gained a lo of experience and meet good co workers.
A different experience to say the least
General Helper (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good friends
Cons: worst hr
I worked for this company for 2 years. The people I worked with were amazing. Management was the best at the camp I worked at.

The only complaint I had was the human resources. They dont call you back ever, even after 10 voicemails in 2 months no one could be bothered to phone me back. Instead I could hear the HR in the background telling the receptionist – more... to tell me not to phone anymore.
very unprofessional. – less
work experience
general worker (Former Employee), 100 tucker park road,saint john .NBJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too much task
Working in a food company/cafeteria was an intriguing experience even though it was a bit hard job and required lot of energy to complete a task like pushing of cart during snow and bad weather condition but i give my all when called upon to complete a task.it was a good experience for me working with Aramark.
My First Job
General Helper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2013
10 h/r shift in an industrial kitchen of the Aramark remote work place services. My day would begin with assisting with any cleaning the baker needed, followed by assisting serving breakfast, and preparation for lunch hour. cleaning of dining area, kitchen. during lunch hour, consistent cleaning of dining area, dishes as well and sandwich making.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Lacombe, ABDecember 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Collect sales from previous day and record sales making sure monies is accurate. Record all inventories and keep track of accounts payable, and receivable. Make bookings for catering and room reservations.
Work closely with component manager and keep all employee files update and accurate in HCMS.
Discuss and solve any problems that may arise with co-workers.
The – more... hardest part of the job is not getting the support when needed.
The most enjoyable part is when you have a satisfied customer. – less
A great place to work, in my experience
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 3, 2013
I worked part time with them as a dishwasher/utilities. They scheduled my hours for the times that were most convenient for me to work while going to high school. I always got two breaks during the work day, unlike at some places I've worked before. Always got paid my due wages on payday. Not much to say for the job culture, but it was nice to be able – more... sit down and have lunch with co-workers.

An all around good employer. – less
Good place to work for a student without too much of a pressure
Set up crew member (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 20, 2013
just doesn't satisfy my needs
flexible schedule, what is not convenient at all
Enjoyable
Student Manager (Former Employee), SackvilleNovember 18, 2013
It was an interesting workplace. However it was not what I wanted to do with my life.
Excellent Employer
2nd Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 16, 2013
Pros: great benefits and salary to do the work i love & enjoy.
Cons: the travel time to & from camp.
The work was challenging and rewarding.
I learned how to cook in mass productions.
The camp was well managed and maintained by management.
I developed close working relationships and personal friendships during my employment
This job suited my personality and I gained new confidence and many friends.
Hostess,Server (Former Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 12, 2013
Pros: being in a busy and active environment at a major airport.
Enjoyed working with a diverse team. Hard work but a fun environment.
Management were very fair and understanding.
Setting up trays and beverages was challenging and promotions were fun when a new flight was introduced.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I looked forward to everyday as it was always different and people were always in a good mood. – more... Being recognized for being a team player was an added bonus. – less
Cleaning staff works well together.
Janitor (Current Employee), Islington Avenue Toronto, OntarioNovember 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: want more challenging work
Sweeping, mopping floors in halls & classrooms.
Cleaning & disinfecting lavatories & washrooms.
I have a great relationship with the other members on my team & enjoy working with them.
I would like to have more responsibility, as lead custodian.
contract base company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), St Catharines, onNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: contract company
contract base company, lose contract lose job. Managed hospital staff,( union) did not like out side management.
Every job was different and fun
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 26, 2013
Pros: different work everytime
Cons: driving through traffic
Depending on the location. I learned everything from beer cart to making drink to banquets, to managing small bars located at lansdowne. Managemtn was wondeful and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was going through traffic to get to desired location.
more expectations less compensations
Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2013
Pros: vacation pay
Cons: steeling of time
I learned just one thing at Aramark that there is no recognition for hard work and honesty.
Management is another name of politics and hypocrisy
The hardest part of the job is when you don't get any appreciation for your efforts but you'll be held for minor things.
fun workplace and enjoyed working the camp job
Dishwasher/ relif work (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2013
Pros: friendly people to work with, teamwork, enjoyable, learned more skills, dependable people to work with if need help with something, overall a great experience working on camp
Cons: one of the camps did not have free calling any wheres, cell recption was not good because of being in the bush working
Early morning start for streches before worked. ive learned being devotated to my job to get my work done on time and the exercizes helped get my body in gear for work helped alot. management was very good. the hardest part of the job when i first started was to get to know where everything was but when i did things went very smoothly for me. My most – more... enjoyable part of the job was the people were friendly and treated me with respect and learning new skills. – less

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more