Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Team-oreinted
Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Great company, growth is a possibility if hard work is shown.
All employees from concession attendant to stand lead are unionized, help with the security of the job. Great environment especially at the Roger Center.
Great work place
Food servant (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaSeptember 10, 2015
The management was great, learned new things everyday, the employment team were great as well were the clients. I would recommend this company to anyone who would like to learn different tasks and develop great team work.
Pros
Team work
Overall Good
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Its is overall good place to work but Management expect too much from every employee. Punch in and Punch out time are not calculated properly.
UBC Hospital - Housekeeping aide (Former Employee) –  UBC HospitalSeptember 26, 2015
Management not too good, but this place was good to work for. Most days short staffed but we always manage to get the work done.
Customer service
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Dealing with customers was fun and interactive. Working for aramark was good and helped megain experience in the reatil industry
Pros
TIME FLEXIBILITY
Cons
LAY OFFS
Good Company
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 27, 2015
Nice place to work, i learn a lot on budget and cost constraints.

• string drive on Day - to - day operationsin cost accounting and variances anayses
Pros
Nice atmosphere learn a lot
Cons
Long hours ( Week end)
Open door policy fun and focused people
Administrative Assistant and Junior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 20, 2013
Start at 8am, with morning meetings, afterwards we head to our various desks to perform the days work.

I learned to work in a fast paced environment and also to do my best. I also learned how effective team work could be.

Very welcoming management and always address issues raised by employees.

cooperative and fun to work with

Deadlines and fast pace but once you get a hand of it you have fun doing it.

Open door policy and work life balance policy and recognition for a good job.
Enjoyable job with great hours.
Shop Labourer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Morinville, ABDecember 11, 2015
As a driver for Aramark, I enjoyed my job quite a bit there. I would get to take day long trips delivering supplies to camps in Northern Alberta, and I loved it. The coworkers were great to work with, and my direct manager was awesome.
I liked my job at Aramark
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be me cleaning offices, carpets, bathrooms. I waxed and polished floors. I also did garbage disposal and vacuum. One of my co-workers did not do that much on the job and left me to do most of everything. He would hide and play on his game system while me and my other co-worker actually cleaned.
Great Company to work for
District Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 13, 2015
I worked for ARAMARK for over 14 years and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work for the company again. I had the great fortune to work for three divisions of the company and enjoyed every assignment that I was given which included travelling across the country.

It is a company that values its employees and recognizes that its greatest asset is its PEOPLE.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Contract Services Company that is impacted by growth or loss of service accounts
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 24, 2014
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Pros
free food on duty. benefits. pension plan. growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons
pay for parking.
working for a brand name hotel
Food Service Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto, OnOctober 13, 2014
Ensured that corporate and Marriott hotel standards and policies are explained to
employees and implemented adequately/satisfactorily.
 Conducting regular training sessions with the assigned team in line with the
departmental SOP's
 Ensured timely set up of all Banquets' venues according to the service settings and
as outlined in the Banquet Event Orders
 Coordinated all menu proposals, presentations and buffet set-up with the
Executive Chef.
 Prepared duty schedules, ensuring efficient workforce are deployed at all times
Pros
getting the expeience to work for a brans name hotel
Cons
Fun workplace with supportive staff
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive staff. My co-workers are very helpful to each other. This company is located at the busy environment.
Fun
Tim Hortons (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Everyone is very nice and hard working.
Everyone always willing to help out.
Always making jokes and in a good mood.
The Hardest part i'd say is being efficient and quick when there is a rush of people
Interesting
Housekeeper for the G8 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONMay 12, 2015
Was placed on the night shift to clean trailers for the workers and security for the G8 2010 in Huntsville, ON.
Learned that some people in the security team were dirty nasty people, but the management of Aramark took it up with securities management right away, and quick action resulted.
Learning to sleep through the day was hard to adjust but enjoyed the evening cruises with the golf carts.
Pros
Free food, free boarding, free trasportation
Cons
promises not always met
Fun place to work
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Excellent Senior management. Very understanding when it comes to needing time with family. Always accommodating.
The hardest part of my job is the administration side. Hiring files are extremely detailed and they consume a lot of time. If there are workplace injuries or any fact finding reports that need to be completed these can be extremely time consuming. There are monthly safety audits and a food production program that needs to be monitored daily. Managers need to be on the floor during the peak times to watch staff work performance or to talk with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff. We have a lot of good laughs.
Pros
free parking, food, time off over christmas.
Cons
pay, some long hours
This is cafeteria work in a local highschool
Cook, Cashier, Server, Janitor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ontOctober 19, 2015
I really enjoy my job here for Aramark. There is only two of us who work at this school cafeteria, it is not a hard job i really enjoy working with the students. I do only get 3.5 hours a day and that is the hardest part.
Great enviornment to be in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 13, 2012
A typical day at work would be cooking fresh food preparing fresh salads,sandwiches and dealing with 700 hundred high schoolers as well as teachers and the administrated office.I learned that giving customers what they want will make them happy and return customers.Management are all fair and fun to deal with,meeting management criterias are a must.co-worker deligate ang you will succeed.hardest part of the job is leaving the kids in june for another year,yo grow attached to the kids as well as the teachers and the offfice addmin.I enjoy the company parties as well as the teachers get together involvement.
Pros
no advancement already a manager
Cons
hours are shorter in the summer before the summer layoffs
Aramark is a great place to work
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great company great people, love my job, my day at ARAMARK is all about assisting users with their computer issues, need for assistance with their phones, printers, etc.
in a bit of financial situation so looking for temporary weekend work
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Salaried, cant work OT
flexible and co operative though very busy call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCSeptember 9, 2015
worked as a Call Center representative at Aramark Vancouver.My duties were to take calls from hospitals and delegate tasks to respective housekeepers follow up with the supervisors to Log work orders received by emails. I learned to multi task with high volume of calls, i enjoyed my job everybody was helpful and friendly.