Aramark Employee Reviews

A pretty average place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OnOctober 14, 2015
The easy days are the days i enjoy working there. Other days i do not enjoy. I work the pizza station, making 15-25 pizzas a day and serving them to customers. I enjoy the customers and sometimes have regulars.

I do not fit in well with my co-workers, Simply because i am a 20 year old starting off in life, and the average workers are 40 year old mothers and grandmothers. However most are kind to me and i get along well with some of them.
Pros
Free Lunches and some fun co-workers.
Cons
No benefits.
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
Open door policy fun and focused people
Administrative Assistant and Junior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 20, 2013
Start at 8am, with morning meetings, afterwards we head to our various desks to perform the days work.

I learned to work in a fast paced environment and also to do my best. I also learned how effective team work could be.

Very welcoming management and always address issues raised by employees.

cooperative and fun to work with

Deadlines and fast pace but once you get a hand of it you have fun doing it.

Open door policy and work life balance policy and recognition for a good job.
Aramark was a great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2016
1.The supervisors and managers at Aramark were excellent!
2. The employees were very easy to work with.
3. The managers and supervisors provided good training to help you get up to speed.
4. All the employees in the IT department worked well as a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
Pros
Great supervisors, managers and employees
Cons
Good company to work for
breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Good company to work for lots of good workers some days long hours no overtime most managers were good learned a lot about high volume cooking
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
LONG HOURS
Good Co Worker
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
-Terrible Management
-No benefit
-Manager refused to look at the huge unreasonable deduction in the pay cheque.
-They always put less people working.
Productive and very fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Great helpfull staff! Had fun while working there. The hardest part of the job was carrying hot and heavy food containers.
not supportive
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2015
I am a contract worker in Aramark for 2years until March 2016, and im looking forward for their support in applying me a new LMIA, but the management is not supporting me. Not all my co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is that you are doing multi-task, but it is good because i dont get bored.
Pros
free meals
Cons
fulltime
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
a good company but their remote camp directors are not well organized
Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Aramark . I ran the kitchen and managed staff. I follow high moral standards but many people in todays society believe alcohol and drugs are appropriate in the workplace.
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 24, 2014
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Pros
free food on duty. benefits. pension plan. growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons
pay for parking.
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 finch ave eastFebruary 18, 2016
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
Pros
good people
Cons
frequent layoffs
Fun and sometime very hard
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
co-workers are very good,helpful but i am not satisfied with the management, minimum salaries are not enough for the job what we are doing right now.Other than salaries,everything is very good.
Annoying and boring. Really un-creative.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
I make the same food for the same people everyday. Daily special would be uncreative. To many procedures to even enjoy job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Boring
too many people in control
chef (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 27, 2016
was a great place too work for the years I was there . then too many people in charge of things they tell you to do one thing and then the next day it always seems to change
Pros
payed holidays and sick days
Cons
hire mangment got a little out of hand
working for a brand name hotel
Food Service Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto, OnOctober 13, 2014
Ensured that corporate and Marriott hotel standards and policies are explained to
employees and implemented adequately/satisfactorily.
 Conducting regular training sessions with the assigned team in line with the
departmental SOP's
 Ensured timely set up of all Banquets' venues according to the service settings and
as outlined in the Banquet Event Orders
 Coordinated all menu proposals, presentations and buffet set-up with the
Executive Chef.
 Prepared duty schedules, ensuring efficient workforce are deployed at all times
Pros
getting the expeience to work for a brans name hotel
Cons
always exciting with the baseball games held at the dome
Stand Lead/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
it was always an exciting place to work at the dome because its a sports stadium. always get to see different kinds of fans and be able to engage with them in a fun and welcoming aura. it tends to get really busy and there would be stressful times but the efficiency of the workers and the constant communication between the front liners and the cooks is a must.
Pros
being a part of a large franchise like the Blue Jays
Cons
breaks have to be timed perfectly
Great place to work wish i could work there again.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 25, 2015
It was a normal paced job but slow at times. I learned theres' always something to do when the day gets slow. I management was great there I always felt welcomed anytime i came to work. The co workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was it ended too soon because the students were done their exams and school was out during the summer. Best part of the job is the friendly enviroment!
Pros
Good people, free supper, good workspace
Cons
Sow paced, little hours, was there temporary
Fun place to work
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Excellent Senior management. Very understanding when it comes to needing time with family. Always accommodating.
The hardest part of my job is the administration side. Hiring files are extremely detailed and they consume a lot of time. If there are workplace injuries or any fact finding reports that need to be completed these can be extremely time consuming. There are monthly safety audits and a food production program that needs to be monitored daily. Managers need to be on the floor during the peak times to watch staff work performance or to talk with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff. We have a lot of good laughs.
Pros
free parking, food, time off over christmas.
Cons
pay, some long hours
Great enviornment to be in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 13, 2012
A typical day at work would be cooking fresh food preparing fresh salads,sandwiches and dealing with 700 hundred high schoolers as well as teachers and the administrated office.I learned that giving customers what they want will make them happy and return customers.Management are all fair and fun to deal with,meeting management criterias are a must.co-worker deligate ang you will succeed.hardest part of the job is leaving the kids in june for another year,yo grow attached to the kids as well as the teachers and the offfice addmin.I enjoy the company parties as well as the teachers get together involvement.
Pros
no advancement already a manager
Cons
hours are shorter in the summer before the summer layoffs