Aramark Employee Reviews

Great team, but needed to work on it
Baker, Breakfast Cook, First Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
Very busy and large workloads, had to learn very quickly how to manage your time.
Overall management was good, direct management could have been a little more helpful.
My coworkers were great.
Hardest part of job was the work load.
I really enjoyed the team work.
Pros
Nice camps
Cons
workloads
Fun, safe environment to work great co- workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario14 April 2012
Typical day at work, would be very short, but very productive, got the work done to the best of my abilities.
After the 1st year not much to learn , except an upgrade in the cash registar. Great co-worker, we worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for long hours, and in the end not enough hours, which lead to a smaller pay.Most enjoyable part was just the comfort of knowing you had a job, the benefits too.
Pros
free lunches and breaks
Cons
long hours on your feet, for the 1st year, then most recent not enough hours
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto24 April 2014
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Pros
Free Food on duty. Benefits. Pension plan. Growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons
Pay for Parking.
It was my first job in Canada
Baking and Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
The company was really very nice and flexible and we had lots of training on job. I learnt lots of new and different things. The staff were really very kind and helpful. It was a very good experienced and I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Had to wash Huge greesy utensils.
Coupons for events and food for productive employees
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
Pros
Vouchers for events and food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
Long Hours
Worker (Former Employee) –  BC13 February 2016
This company requires employee to work long hours. Not a lot of support and communication from upper management. Fun to work events but hours and days can be long.
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 January 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 December 2015
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
Non-long hours
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON11 January 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
fun stressful
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Work environment was fun co-workers were great everyone worked great at being team players boss was wonderful customers were somewhat friendly very busy.
Very fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
The level of professionalism at Aramark was high. The vast majority of workers are incredibly supportive Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long working hours
great place to work with opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
Aramark has been a wonderful organization to work for offering much opportunity for advancement and learning.

The associates are appreciated and all carry passion for the industry.

Aramark's public commitments to empowerment and sustainability create an environment to be proud to work in
Fun loving people person
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 June 2016
Enjoy working with people on a daily basis, happy faces and seeing same consistent people, learning their orders and helping them thru the exclusive menu that we offer. Further assisting with people in the hospital, food court and other areas of the food and beverage areas.
Friendly environment
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2016
Aramark is a reputable catering company that has provided a very friendly work environment. It is a clean, safe place to work with friendly co-workers and friendly polite clients.
Very busy workplace, working 21 days straight with 7 days off, does not leave any balance for family life.
Camp Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2013
A solid company with years of experience, good salary with benefits. Aramark has a great support system in place.

Customer service and delivering the product are keys values learned each day. Delivering on the promise.

The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
Pros
benefits, salary, living accomodations.
Cons
long hours, being away from family
No long term growth in sight
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2016
No long term growth in sight. Newer employees were being paid a higher wage from the start. Poor management and high turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Friendly place
Cashier/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
The co workers are very friendly. The environment is safe and clean. Lots of interaction with different people. The clients are very polite and friendly
Cons
no guaranteed hours
fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 July 2016
I enjoyed working at the Tim Hortons location at the university of Toronto. Meeting new people and being part of a team are the best part of the job.
Safe and Friendly Environment at Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2 October 2014
As a housekeeper at Aramark I've learned so many things. I've learned to handle patients in a kindly manner. I also watched health assistants with their patients and with I've learned how they deal with their patients. I've also learned that even though you are in the hospital with different supplies of medication it is still easy to catch viruses and diseases. I've learned to protect my self from those viruses and diseases.

I feel like my managers and supervisors have helped a lot with work especially that this place has a safe and friendly environment workplace. In terms of co-workers we help each other and we communicate if there are still job that is still needed to be done. If there is any case of misunderstanding or conflict with co-workers I always honestly explain what happen and make sure that when handling conflicts that I am always calm and tone your voice.

The hardest part of the job is carry heavy weight but I manage to handle it with good strategy and I make sure that when carrying heavy load that my position is always safe. I enjoy learning new things in my job and that everyday I enhance myself with safety and making sure that the area is clean as it should be.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
long hours of work
Fun place
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 July 2016
Respectful workplace. Felt like home away from home. Co-workers are really friendly and feels like family. Not so flexible hours.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not so flexible