Aramark Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with people, fast paced, kept me busy
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 June 2017
Working at Aramark kept me very busy. I like to work and be busy while at work and this opportunity allowed for this. I enjoyed meeting people, working in a fast paced environment and was knows as the "go to person' when extra work needed to be done
Pros
well organized
Cons
didn't always considered raised concerns for health and safety
Good management and good team work
SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2017
Good workplace they offer on the job training and they give you someone to train you all the job skills.Good management follow company policies, health and safety procedures.
Pros
Employ appreciation
Cons
poor benefits
Most of staff friendly and helpful
Cook and Cashier and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2017
Wish people would thank you more give better increases of hourly paid employees. Would like to be evaluated. Have staff evaluate also. Then get together and talk about increase of payments of staff members.
Pros
Benefits dental drug plan and physio
Cons
Need eye glass coverage. Need to be more appreciative of staff..
aramark
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
this company is good, but there is no benefits for anyone even if they are full time. the hours are good, the wages are good, and the people i work with are like family.
Fun workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 May 2017
I made many friends and my experience was good. I learned new things all the time and enjoyed helping others. It was very fun and I enjoyed working there.
I wasnt crazy about this job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 May 2017
I got descent hours at the beginning. Which was nice. I got 50% off food. It was in the evening which was also good. But one thing I couldn't stand was multiple people telling me how to do a simple task. I had to work every single weekend and when I spoke up. They lessened my shifts. Then took me off the schedule. I got laid off because new management came in and got rid of all the older workers. And hired new ones. They didn't explain why I was not scheduled to work anymorw and they said you don't work today. But I knew something was up so if I didn't get my lock it would have been cut off. I got a mail telling me I was laid off. And they made me give back the uniform. That I had paid for and didn't even pay me back my money.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Disorganized
great work envoriment with great people it's a great learning place and you meet nice people
dish room supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, ky27 May 2017
It's a good work environment sometimes stressful but we have a great team and great leaders and good chefs that take the time to teach you.they have worked with me in my years at Aramark and I'm still learning our management staff is good they help us the best way they can Aramark is a good company I enjoy working here and I love new challenges
Pros
good meals
Cons
great work hours
very disorganized
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 May 2017
very hard to contact management. not much planning and support offered to staff during peak times. very little job satisfaction withing all casual staff as well as full time
No complaints.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 May 2017
No complaints. Workers were nice and on task. Breaks were allotted properly. Work flow went well. Everything went as one would expect. It was fine working there.
Good job, can be hard to balance a schedule at times, management is accommodating
Grill Cook/Server/Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2017
Aramark is a good entry level job, easy hiring, management is accommodating, but times in schedules may change, there are little to no safety checkups for kitchens. Good work for people who may want a good part time job to keep busy, no full time positions available unfortunately.
Pros
Fun people, free drinks/food
Cons
Long hours, Times may change often, no safety checkups, Long drive if you're not from the area.
All depends on the manager
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2017
Even though I am working part time, all things I need to do and when I need to work, all depend on the manager, which is actually good for a new beginner.
Miserable place to work
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 May 2017
Expected to do things way out of scope of position hired for. Everyone was miserable all the time, had zero respect for leadership team. Always dealing with arguing coworkers or staff who just didn't care to do the job they were being paid to do.
Interesting downtown workplace.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Loved working downtown Calgary in a high rise. Hour long lunch breaks, long weekends all summer and worked alongside the CEO of Trans-Canada Pipelines in their head office.
Pros
Lots of perks and paid long weekends.
reliable hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glendon College14 May 2017
I was kept to a consistent schedule throughout my time there. I came to truly appreciate my coworkers as we spent a lot of time together in close quarters.
A Professional Environment
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 May 2017
Though Aramark employees at the Lakehead University may face layoff twice a year ( once in for Christmas holidays and the other for the summer, may to september. ) The working staff are a good bunch, many working veterans of over 20 years experience in the field.

All i had to do is ask and help was given, freely and without hassle.

Kitchen mangers are stern and can seem overly concerned but their position demands such from them. They are good managers and offer their employees many advancement opportunities .
Pros
Hours, Pay, Benefits and vacation
Cons
Micro-management, seasonal layoff
It was a very highly productive work fast paced enviroment.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON9 May 2017
I obtained a number of work experiences through Aramark such as Safety hazards what to be aware of in cases of emergencies . I also obtained the knowledge of the many things that are involved in paper work and they're rules and regulations. I have met many interesting people along the way. I have learned so and have taken with me along the way.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Chemical spills
Dishwasher/shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
Aramark has taught me a lot about how to keep a restaurant running smoothly through dish washing and shipping receiving. They helped me figure out the meaning of team work better than any of the other places that I have worked.
Fun dynamic work environment
Food stand server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2017
I either started at 9am or 1pm, depends on the baseball game. Day involved keeping stand orderly, making sure customers had everything they needed, running odd jobs, cleaning, working as a cashier, running food. Management was great, a huge part of the workplace culture. The people working at the stadium range from mostly 14-30, so a fun group of people. Hardest part of the job was when people didn't make it to work and the stadium was understaffed. Best part of the job is half off all stadium food and your coworkers.
Pros
1/2 food
Cons
inconsistent hours
Productive and fun working place
Head Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
Interpersonal skills are the skills I use to interact with other people. Good interpersonal skills allows me to participate effectively as a member of a team, satisfy customers and clients' expectations, negotiate, make decisions, time management efficiently, take responsibility, and work effectively with other employees. It allows me to empathize and build rapport with colleagues and clients, leading to a better working environment which can be less stressful. I was able to impress co-workers, supervisor and clients with my energy. Actually, the energy was simply a reflection of the genuine interest that I had in the job. My authenticity was highlighted through the respect that I showed for my co-workers, and supervisor, As a result, they liked working with me.
Pros
Free snacks and lunches
Cons
job security paid okay however job went terrible when the union came in
1st cook (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB2 May 2017
the management were helpful it paid alright, I enjoyed all my coworkers and the equipment was top notch. I really disliked how poorly the management treated everyone after the union came in.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.