Aramark
3,918 reviews

Aramark Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not the best place too work
Cleaner (Former Employee), HamiltonOctober 9, 2014
went from room too room cleaning all area of the room for patients also cleaned hall ways and the doctors rooms
Hard work that pays off with guest interactions
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee), North Bay, ONOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: stressful work environment
Great guest relation and interaction as they order with you and you make their meal right in front of them.
Most of the day is spent playing catch up and getting prepped and ready for the next day.
I learned a lot about health and safety since there was always a monthly lesson.
Safe and Friendly Environment at Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: long hours of work
As a housekeeper at Aramark I've learned so many things. I've learned to handle patients in a kindly manner. I also watched health assistants with their patients and with I've learned how they deal with – more... their patients. I've also learned that even though you are in the hospital with different supplies of medication it is still easy to catch viruses and diseases. I've learned to protect my self from those viruses and diseases.

I feel like my managers and supervisors have helped a lot with work especially that this place has a safe and friendly environment workplace. In terms of co-workers we help each other and we communicate if there are still job that is still needed to be done. If there is any case of misunderstanding or conflict with co-workers I always honestly explain what happen and make sure that when handling conflicts that I am always calm and tone your voice.

The hardest part of the job is carry heavy weight but I manage to handle it with good strategy and I make sure that when carrying heavy load that my position is always safe. I enjoy learning new things in my job and that everyday I enhance myself with safety and making sure that the area is clean as it should be. – less
Fun workplace with Diverse Culture
Administrative Assistant/Service Manager (Current Employee), Calgary,ABSeptember 27, 2014
Fast paced, high attention on details and the management does their best within the limits. Co-workers are great, many different nationals and they all have lots to share from their culture. The hardest part of this job is - pay sometimes varies with the business. Enjoyable part of this job is you get to try out kinds of food.
Fun work place with many responsibilities and surrounded by friends
General Worker (Former Employee), Lacombe, ABSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: dish washing!
The job was fun fast paced and kept me busy. Had a flexible schedule to work around my classes and gave me as any hours as I needed.
Excellent work environment.
Beer Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: always something different to do at a daily basis.
Great place to work with minimum supervision. There a 5 stations which always keeps you on your toes and up to date with the latest polices and procedures.
I liked the variety of duties that was part of my job
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Labrador City, NLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: variety of different positions
Cons: diffence in work ethic among staff
I lived in Labrador City I worked at Aramark camp I worked 37.5 hrs a week and stayed at my own apartment that I paid. I got 19 hr the thing that I liked about the job is we got switch around a lot I enjoyed working with knew people
cooker
Cooker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2014
part time job, I learned how to service for customer, and more friendly is good for me and somebody else.
a day at the shopping channel
Line Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: i enjoy cooking
Cons: short term
my day began with prepping the kitchen for the breakfast rush which consist of taking and making the orders after which, I would clean up and start preparations for the lunch orders. At the end of day I would take stock of the inventory and put in the order for the next day.
Stand Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKSeptember 2, 2014
Inventory Counts
Loss Prevention
Fast Paced Working Environment
Multi-Tasking with customers
Its great for younger people just learning .It teaches right ing the food world.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2014
ITS A VERY SAFE PLACE TO WORK,THEY CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THERE STAFF ITS CLEAN AND THE STAFF ARE FUN YOU CAN LEARN A LOT FUN THE STAFF THERE.
I love my job, but we are closing.
Head Camp Attendant (Current Employee), Nexon Long Lake Fort McMurrayAugust 28, 2014
Sorry my resume is not updated. I am currently a Head Camp Attendant for Nexon Long Lake. We are shutting down this is why I am looking for a new job. I have worked as a Camp Attendant for over a year – more... and a Head Camp form 5 months now. I am also trained as a janitor, I have a clean driving record, I'm on the Health and Safety team and I do Bank deposits for all three camps here. I have excellent references from my current and previous Camp Manager as well as The District Manager and Head Camp Attendant. – less
Interesting Place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Inuvik, NTAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: repeticious
cleaned patients rooms, hallways , terminally cleaning a room , easy to talk to , working in the senior ward listening to them , how to clean and terminally clean a room and do laundry
learning experience
Programs used are Payroll Manager and Prism (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 21, 2014
did a variety of jobs so was able to learn alot of different things
Fun and Exciting
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free food, mostly work evenings therefore free days
Cons: late nights
I really enjoy working here, It is always fun. Although the work is the same from day to day, I'm always meeting new people who make the day more exciting. Management is great and have always worked well with my schedule. My co-workers are great and very easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is washing the dishes as there are so many and it needs to be done so quickly.
Good people, Poorly run.
Cashier at Dan's Diner (Former Employee), 995 ontarioAugust 15, 2014
They like to change schedules, after 2 am, before 8 am, and expect you to know at all times, what the schedule says.
all in all, dont work there.
If you don't like interacting with peers perfect environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 15, 2014
Pros: ability to work independently
Cons: no advancement, poor management, childish environment, work to rule attitude, no employee appreciation
I would enter cheques in the morning, and then for the majority of the day I would follow up with accounts that are behind. Later on in the day I would run the tape for tomorrows deposit, help out when asked. I would do other tasks as assigned, such as uploading invoices via client portals to ensure timely payment.
sincerly heart to facing working life
Team Leader/Night Time Supervisor (Former Employee), ottawaAugust 10, 2014
I have over 3 years managing a business with my current job with Aramark Canada. With my current position of Team Leader at Carleton University, I am responsible for the proper management of a Tim Horton’s – more... location. With this experience, I was the night time manager, being in charge of the business while the day time manager was away. I completed inventory counts, created scheduling to meet specific productivity requirements, analyzed sales numbers, created projected sales for upcoming fiscal periods and ensured efficient floor management of all my staff.
The most hardest and also enjoyable thing during the work is communicated with people. no matter the clients for business or the employee in the stores. The most enjoyable is the co-worker and clients is not only in the working side but also being a friends in the lifes. And aslo the hardest side is the how to make everyone to understanding each other and try to stand on the other people's position to thinking about it. – less
Work was straight forward and productive.
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: easy and productive
Cons: nothing
Steady or busy at work.
Everything was organize and straight forward.
Workers are nice a polite.
Nothing was hard at all.
The work is productive and consistent.
Productive workplace
Administrative Cashier - Team Lead (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 30, 2014
Fast paced but with a nice work environment. Friendly staff and helpful management.

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more