Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun fast paced workplace
Counter Help (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2014
Preparing and cutting products for salad bar. Setting up salad bar and replenishing products during peak times. Assisting in other food stations as needed. We were taught to use a new food waste program. I worked well with our management team by assisting them in covering for absent employees as well as covering for coworkers while on breaks. Keeping up with the fast pace of our location was difficult at times but it was also fun to get to work in various sections and interacting with our clients.
Fast Paced
Manager (Former Employee), Sackville, New BrunswickJune 15, 2014
fast paced environment with many jobs on the go at once. good place to get many hours
Fun, great attitudes
Bartender (Current Employee), Rogers CentreJune 13, 2014
-Easy going atmosphere
-Reasonable requests from managers
-Customers tip well
-Inventory can be easily miscounted because of the volumes of product
Supportive Management and staff
Lead Hand/Retail Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2014
Pros: multi-cultural, flexible hours
Cons: staff turnover is fast. need to trian different staff every semester.
Management and staff are very supportive. Whatever endeavors you take in the future they support you and still give you a chance to perform your tasks. Family first! Management does not hesitate to make you leave your post if family emergency arises and will find a way to fill up your post when needed.
very fun and rewarding
shipping, receiving, office porter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
I loved working for Aramark , Very good balance of desk, computer work and physical work. I am avery personal person and i loved interaction with all the personal within the office building.
not fun
Cook (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 8, 2014
to many places put into
looked after cash , sandwiches and grill
the boss is not good
Fast paced
Kitchen Aid (Former Employee), Calgary albertaJune 5, 2014
I cooked and served meals to people living at the Bethany Care Center. Maintained a clean environment. It was a fast paced and friendly.
have a gym
First cook (Current Employee), alberta ABJune 2, 2014
fun to work get ready ready lunch after cook for supper everything from scratch, learned a lot from the chef.
great co workers, easy work
Lead Hand /Linen Porter (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 19, 2014
management are understandable and easy to get along with
locations are bus accessible
Loved this job
Customer Service, Cash & Production Kitchen (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: educational
I loved Aramark because I was respected in many ways as an employee! I felt as though I was valued and my ideas were important and helpful to the business! I enjoyed the structure and organization that the company ran by, it kept employees organized and educated!
Fun enviroment
Tim Hortons (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 14, 2014
Pros: free coffee and lunches
I loved to worked at Tim Hortons. Everyone always got along and I always looked forward to going to work. Me and my co-workers always worked very well together. The hardest part of this job was nothing. I enjoyed everything about this job
Awful hours, over critical co-workers
Night Shift Chef (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 8, 2014
At 10pm, I would: setup the line, make a special, brew coffee, and start prep for overnight lunch. I would then serve customers food, process through cash, and wash all dishes/close kitchen; and with barely a break, all night, until 6am.

I learned that I dislike overnight shifts.

Management was non-existent.

I would work alone, and get rude notes from the day shift about, "how much my life must suck", and nitpicking about insignificant errors from my shift.

Hardest part: overnight shift.

I enjoyed the customers, and independence.
friendly co-workers
office assitant (Current Employee), centennial college progressMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I am learning lots of office administration skills. co workers are amazing. The employee's have free food.
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee), TorontoApril 24, 2014
Pros: free food on duty. benefits. pension plan. growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons: pay for parking.
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Great apportunity!
TIM HORTONS/CATERING MANAGER (Current Employee), toronto, onApril 24, 2014
Pros: opportunity
Cons: seasonal layoffs
No questions ARAMARK had given me the opportunity to where I am today. They allow me to grow, learned, trained many aspects in the business. The only downside to this job is that seasonal closures
okay
Short Order Cook (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: management
When I worked for Aramark it was okay to start off with, but then it turned bad when I was transfered into the kitchen as a short order cook.
Enjoyable workplace for a fan of music.
Seasonal Bartender/Cashier at Molson Amphitheatre (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: was able to hear some of my favourite bands while working.
Cons: not always guaranteed a busy work night.
Working at Molson Amphitheater for ten years was quiet the experience. Throughout the many years at Aramark there was many changes with management and employees. I felt very secure in my position and worked one-on-one with one of the supervisors for the majority of my stay within the company. The job was very simple itself; ensuring customers had the best experience possible. I really enjoyed serving customers and seeing them enjoy themselves while at a concert.
Great team members
Light Duty Cleaner (Current Employee), Joffree ABApril 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, no weekends or holidays
Cons: low salary, poor benefits
I enjoy working for Aramark and working with the other staff,we all get along great and as a whole we make an awesome team.

Having an approachable supervisor is a bonus,as you can talk to her and she listens without judgement or reproach,and offers advice
fun work place
Grill cook, cashier, Tim Hortons baker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 9, 2014
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: by the end of the year i started to lose hours because we were closed for summer
A typical day at work consisted of prepping food in the morning then cooking and serving customers throughout the day, with regular clean up then cleaning and sanitizing my work area at the end of the day. I learned more about the people that I served more than the actual work place, because of my previous experience in the food industry. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with. I was mostly on my own through out the day because I was the only grill cook and I had my own station. The hardest part of my day would have been the lunch rush because I was constantly on the go, although I wouldn't really consider it hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning about their cultures. Because it was a collage I meet a lot of new people from different backgrounds and different stories.
Best Employer and Atmosphere Possible
Stand Manager (Current Employee), Kanata, ONApril 8, 2014
Working for Aramark Canada at Canadian Tire Center has been the best experience I've had working in a Guest Service environment. The Guests are happy, the staff is happy, everyone has fun working. It's a great place to work.

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more