Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee), 1760 finch ave eastFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: good people
Cons: frequent layoffs
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
too many people in control
chef (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: payed holidays and sick days
Cons: hire mangment got a little out of hand
was a great place too work for the years I was there . then too many people in charge of things they tell you to do one thing and then the next day it always seems to change
Good company to work for
breakfast cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Pros: GOOD PAY
Cons: LONG HOURS
Good company to work for lots of good workers some days long hours no overtime most managers were good learned a lot about high volume cooking
Productive and Team-oreinted
Store Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Great company, growth is a possibility if hard work is shown.
All employees from concession attendant to stand lead are unionized, help with the security of the job. Great environment especially at the Roger Center.
Productive and very fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Great helpfull staff! Had fun while working there. The hardest part of the job was carrying hot and heavy food containers.
UBC Hospital - Housekeeping aide (Former Employee), UBC HospitalSeptember 26, 2015
Management not too good, but this place was good to work for. Most days short staffed but we always manage to get the work done.
Customer service
Team Lead (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: TIME FLEXIBILITY
Cons: LAY OFFS
Dealing with customers was fun and interactive. Working for aramark was good and helped megain experience in the reatil industry
I liked my job at Aramark
Janitor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be me cleaning offices, carpets, bathrooms. I waxed and polished floors. I also did garbage disposal and vacuum. One of my co-workers did not do that much on the job and left me to do most of everything. He would hide and play on his game system while me and my other co-worker actually cleaned.
Good Company
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: Nice atmosphere learn a lot
Cons: Long hours ( Week end)
Nice place to work, i learn a lot on budget and cost constraints.

• string drive on Day - to - day operationsin cost accounting and variances anayses
Enjoyable job with great hours.
Shop Labourer/Driver (Former Employee), Morinville, ABDecember 11, 2015
As a driver for Aramark, I enjoyed my job quite a bit there. I would get to take day long trips delivering supplies to camps in Northern Alberta, and I loved it. The coworkers were great to work with, and my direct manager was awesome.
Great place to work wish i could work there again.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good people, free supper, good workspace
Cons: Sow paced, little hours, was there temporary
It was a normal paced job but slow at times. I learned theres' always something to do when the day gets slow. I management was great there I always felt welcomed anytime i came to work. The co workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was it ended too soon because the students were done their exams and school was out during the summer. Best part of the job is the friendly enviroment!
ok place to work if desperate
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 30, 2015
easy job but the work place environment was not encouraging, poor management. was good for me at the time because it was in school so i had to manage.
Fun and productive customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), Shaw Barlow CanadaMarch 22, 2013
Pros: excellent meal benefits
Cons: standing for long hours
A typical day of work for me is when I successfully fulfilled my duties and responsibilities with passion and dedication to my work especially dealing with customers & co-workers. I didn't find any hardest part of my job because I see myself loving what I'm doing in every seconds,hours of working. That is how I value work like giving value to yourself as a person. And the most enjoyable part of my job is when I make every person/customer smile in a simple way of conversation. I personally love dealing with them and build raport even the most cranky customers that I had.
Employee Safety on the job is a priority.
MAILROOM/OFFICE SERVICES (Current Employee), Grimsby, ONJanuary 21, 2015
This is an 'American' company and a service sub-contractor providing a variety of services including Food/Beverage from machines to cafeteria's, Cleaning and Office Services.
They do offer basic benefits for employees who are contracted to work at least 20 hours per week.
Open door policy fun and focused people
Administrative Assistant and Junior Clerk (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 20, 2013
Start at 8am, with morning meetings, afterwards we head to our various desks to perform the days work.

I learned to work in a fast paced environment and also to do my best. I also learned how effective team work could be.

Very welcoming management and always address issues raised by employees.

cooperative and fun to work with

Deadlines and fast pace but once you get a hand of it you have fun doing it.

Open door policy and work life balance policy and recognition for a good job.
Safe and Friendly Environment at Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: long hours of work
As a housekeeper at Aramark I've learned so many things. I've learned to handle patients in a kindly manner. I also watched health assistants with their patients and with I've learned how they deal with their patients. I've also learned that even though you are in the hospital with different supplies of medication it is still easy to catch viruses and diseases. I've learned to protect my self from those viruses and diseases.

I feel like my managers and supervisors have helped a lot with work especially that this place has a safe and friendly environment workplace. In terms of co-workers we help each other and we communicate if there are still job that is still needed to be done. If there is any case of misunderstanding or conflict with co-workers I always honestly explain what happen and make sure that when handling conflicts that I am always calm and tone your voice.

The hardest part of the job is carry heavy weight but I manage to handle it with good strategy and I make sure that when carrying heavy load that my position is always safe. I enjoy learning new things in my job and that everyday I enhance myself with safety and making sure that the area is clean as it should be.
Overall Good
Team Lead (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Its is overall good place to work but Management expect too much from every employee. Punch in and Punch out time are not calculated properly.
An excellent place for any Executive Chef to work. They provide you with all the tools and you take onus of all that you do.
Executive Chef (Current Employee), TorontoApril 24, 2014
Pros: free food on duty. benefits. pension plan. growth and salary increments yearly.
Cons: pay for parking.
I had a team put in place - they were the 'backbone' that I stood on. Coming in to work every day was a pleasure - knowing that whatever you have taught this staff will be put to use.

I would meet with all of them - sometimes separately - check on the previous days logs and records - check production sheets for the day - Check with Catering and their team to see that all is running smoothly. Touch base with the Sous Chef and the kitchen. Get behind the Ovens when necessary.

Working with all types of cultures and nationalities, it was not just interesting to work alongside them, it was really fun. We were unionized and the staff was really well tempered and dependable.

I learned a lot about management and people skills working with a diversified group.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when a reprimand was necessary. I would have to do a 'write-up' and an action for correction.

Praising the team for a job well done would have to be the best part of the job.
Great work place
Food servant (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Team work
The management was great, learned new things everyday, the employment team were great as well were the clients. I would recommend this company to anyone who would like to learn different tasks and develop great team work.
Fun workplace with supportive staff
Store Front (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive staff. My co-workers are very helpful to each other. This company is located at the busy environment.
Headquarters