Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Customer service
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Dealing with customers was fun and interactive. Working for aramark was good and helped megain experience in the reatil industry
Pros
TIME FLEXIBILITY
Cons
LAY OFFS
No long term growth in sight
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
No long term growth in sight. Newer employees were being paid a higher wage from the start. Poor management and high turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONJanuary 11, 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
Productive and Team-oreinted
Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Great company, growth is a possibility if hard work is shown.
All employees from concession attendant to stand lead are unionized, help with the security of the job. Great environment especially at the Roger Center.
Respectful and Driven Workplace
Vending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Aramark has been a fantastic place to work. Everyone I have worked with have been fantastic, including co-workers and management. Even though I hold a fairly low level position in the company I still feel respected and valued by my superiors (something I have not felt elsewhere). As a full time student they have been fantastic working around my school schedule and allowing time off whenever exams arise.
just not a good busniess at all
Bakery/Chef (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
just was not gonna make it as a company I got injured instead of helping me they fired me the front desk lady did not know how to do her job properly and the management wasn't good at all.
Company went bankrupt.
Pros
there was no pros
Cons
was not stable
i was a chef there
Catering Chef/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 14, 2015
I was the chef of a staff of sixty staff and in charge of ,ordering ,scheduals , making sure all employees were productive and following through with production list and cooking . health and safety, wsib, whims and work safety , cost control food cost, and management meets with Dm and university student union
Enjoyable job with great hours.
Shop Labourer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Morinville, ABDecember 11, 2015
As a driver for Aramark, I enjoyed my job quite a bit there. I would get to take day long trips delivering supplies to camps in Northern Alberta, and I loved it. The coworkers were great to work with, and my direct manager was awesome.
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONDecember 8, 2015
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
Non-long hours
Awesome work place with lenient scheduling
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
A great place to work! The atmosphere is awesome and everyone who you work with is great, awesome people. The management was the best part of the job, I am a very busy person and was going away in the summer because my parents were taking us on vacation (I am a student worker). I told management I would be gone for all of July and they completely accommodated me and welcomed me back in August. Truly a great place to work!
Pros
50% off all Rogers Centre Food
Cons
I lived far away, so it was far for me to commute to
Fun workplace with supportive staff
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive staff. My co-workers are very helpful to each other. This company is located at the busy environment.
Aramark
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
Great Place to work with Great People with Great Work Life balance! The salary is low for starting position however this is offset by the great work environment!
Pros
flextime, skills gained
Cons
salary
Baker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 24, 2015
Fun place to work, lots to keep you busy.Made some great friends.Friendly co-workers with lots of advise and helping hands. Best management team I have ever worked with.Loved having coffee in the morning with the students, keeps you young and in high spirits.I was very blessed to work for Aramark (Saint Mary's University).
Pros
Fun place to work with a very supportive management team!!!
Cons
summer layoffs
I liked my job at Aramark
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be me cleaning offices, carpets, bathrooms. I waxed and polished floors. I also did garbage disposal and vacuum. One of my co-workers did not do that much on the job and left me to do most of everything. He would hide and play on his game system while me and my other co-worker actually cleaned.
always exciting with the baseball games held at the dome
Stand Lead/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
it was always an exciting place to work at the dome because its a sports stadium. always get to see different kinds of fans and be able to engage with them in a fun and welcoming aura. it tends to get really busy and there would be stressful times but the efficiency of the workers and the constant communication between the front liners and the cooks is a must.
Pros
being a part of a large franchise like the Blue Jays
Cons
breaks have to be timed perfectly
Fun
Tim Hortons (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Everyone is very nice and hard working.
Everyone always willing to help out.
Always making jokes and in a good mood.
The Hardest part i'd say is being efficient and quick when there is a rush of people
Fun and sometime very hard
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
co-workers are very good,helpful but i am not satisfied with the management, minimum salaries are not enough for the job what we are doing right now.Other than salaries,everything is very good.
ok place to work if desperate
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 30, 2015
easy job but the work place environment was not encouraging, poor management. was good for me at the time because it was in school so i had to manage.
Overall Good
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Its is overall good place to work but Management expect too much from every employee. Punch in and Punch out time are not calculated properly.