Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Baker/General Help/Cashier - Food Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 7, 2016
comfortable place to work, but organization with purchasing, communication and scheduling would greatly improve this work place
Decent Place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, ABJune 1, 2016
This company was a good company to work for. The employer was very kind and treated his stall well. I would recommend people to this company.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Seasonal
fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Tim Hortons location at the university of Toronto. Meeting new people and being part of a team are the best part of the job.
Fun place
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 14, 2016
Respectful workplace. Felt like home away from home. Co-workers are really friendly and feels like family. Not so flexible hours.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not so flexible
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONDecember 8, 2015
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
Non-long hours
Awesome work place with lenient scheduling
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
A great place to work! The atmosphere is awesome and everyone who you work with is great, awesome people. The management was the best part of the job, I am a very busy person and was going away in the summer because my parents were taking us on vacation (I am a student worker). I told management I would be gone for all of July and they completely accommodated me and welcomed me back in August. Truly a great place to work!
Pros
50% off all Rogers Centre Food
Cons
I lived far away, so it was far for me to commute to
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
Good company to work for
breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Good company to work for lots of good workers some days long hours no overtime most managers were good learned a lot about high volume cooking
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
LONG HOURS
a good company but their remote camp directors are not well organized
Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Aramark . I ran the kitchen and managed staff. I follow high moral standards but many people in todays society believe alcohol and drugs are appropriate in the workplace.
Good Co Worker
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
-Terrible Management
-No benefit
-Manager refused to look at the huge unreasonable deduction in the pay cheque.
-They always put less people working.
always exciting with the baseball games held at the dome
Stand Lead/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
it was always an exciting place to work at the dome because its a sports stadium. always get to see different kinds of fans and be able to engage with them in a fun and welcoming aura. it tends to get really busy and there would be stressful times but the efficiency of the workers and the constant communication between the front liners and the cooks is a must.
Pros
being a part of a large franchise like the Blue Jays
Cons
breaks have to be timed perfectly
Productive and very fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Great helpfull staff! Had fun while working there. The hardest part of the job was carrying hot and heavy food containers.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 24, 2015
Fun place to work, lots to keep you busy.Made some great friends.Friendly co-workers with lots of advise and helping hands. Best management team I have ever worked with.Loved having coffee in the morning with the students, keeps you young and in high spirits.I was very blessed to work for Aramark (Saint Mary's University).
Pros
Fun place to work with a very supportive management team!!!
Cons
summer layoffs
i was a chef there
Catering Chef/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 14, 2015
I was the chef of a staff of sixty staff and in charge of ,ordering ,scheduals , making sure all employees were productive and following through with production list and cooking . health and safety, wsib, whims and work safety , cost control food cost, and management meets with Dm and university student union
too many people in control
chef (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 27, 2016
was a great place too work for the years I was there . then too many people in charge of things they tell you to do one thing and then the next day it always seems to change
Pros
payed holidays and sick days
Cons
hire mangment got a little out of hand
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 finch ave eastFebruary 18, 2016
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
Pros
good people
Cons
frequent layoffs
Annoying and boring. Really un-creative.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
I make the same food for the same people everyday. Daily special would be uncreative. To many procedures to even enjoy job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Boring
just not a good busniess at all
Bakery/Chef (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
just was not gonna make it as a company I got injured instead of helping me they fired me the front desk lady did not know how to do her job properly and the management wasn't good at all.
Company went bankrupt.
Pros
there was no pros
Cons
was not stable
I liked my job at Aramark
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be me cleaning offices, carpets, bathrooms. I waxed and polished floors. I also did garbage disposal and vacuum. One of my co-workers did not do that much on the job and left me to do most of everything. He would hide and play on his game system while me and my other co-worker actually cleaned.