Aramark Employee Reviews

unorganized
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
Working for Aramark Canada at the princess location was easily the most unorganized and confusing job I have yet to have, from going an entire 8 hours without a break, to the lack of communication between managers. The hardest part was watching the mad show that unrolled whenever someone would call in sick, the only part I enjoyed were the co-workers I met while working there.
The management however, its why I left.
unorganized !!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unorganized
Coupons for events and food for productive employees
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
Pros
Vouchers for events and food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
great place to work with opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Aramark has been a wonderful organization to work for offering much opportunity for advancement and learning.

The associates are appreciated and all carry passion for the industry.

Aramark's public commitments to empowerment and sustainability create an environment to be proud to work in
fun place to work but not getting full hours per week
Driver (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 29, 2016
Fun place to work but not getting full hours per week. I deliver food from York University to TD Centre. The job is not stressful but I do not make 40 hours per week when the university students are on vacation.
Pros
lunch provided at small cost
Cons
breaks allowed
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
It is productive but there is no fun
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Company, the Management does not care about their staff. They pay low wages and most times when you get your pay, there are always missing hours, If the Supervisor don't like you, you will only get 4 hours per day even if they employ you as a full-time. The Supervisor will schedule you to work 3 hours per day only even though the law states that you cannot work for less than 4 hours per shift. If no pay was deposited into your account, you will either have to wait for another two weeks when they run payroll again or you accept a post dated check.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Unsupportive management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I've been here for 3 months, have 20+ years of experience in the industry and have rarely seen such disorganization and favouritism in a workplace. Zero job security even for employees with 4+ years of tenure. I will be looking for better employ this month. Wrongly assumed working for a University would be a positive environment with room to grow. Aramark is too distant and large to properly manage this location, they should stick to uniform supply.
Pros
Pay rate, thanks to my experience
Cons
Higher management is lacking oxygen to brains
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
Annoying and boring. Really un-creative.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
I make the same food for the same people everyday. Daily special would be uncreative. To many procedures to even enjoy job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Boring
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 finch ave eastFebruary 18, 2016
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
Pros
good people
Cons
frequent layoffs
a good company but their remote camp directors are not well organized
Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Aramark . I ran the kitchen and managed staff. I follow high moral standards but many people in todays society believe alcohol and drugs are appropriate in the workplace.
Long Hours
Worker (Former Employee) –  BCFebruary 13, 2016
This company requires employee to work long hours. Not a lot of support and communication from upper management. Fun to work events but hours and days can be long.
Aramark was a great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2016
1.The supervisors and managers at Aramark were excellent!
2. The employees were very easy to work with.
3. The managers and supervisors provided good training to help you get up to speed.
4. All the employees in the IT department worked well as a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
Pros
Great supervisors, managers and employees
Cons
too many people in control
chef (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 27, 2016
was a great place too work for the years I was there . then too many people in charge of things they tell you to do one thing and then the next day it always seems to change
Pros
payed holidays and sick days
Cons
hire mangment got a little out of hand
Work Place
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Very hard to control your temper. Very stressful and long hours.
As a supervisor very hard to manage workers that have learning or physical disabilities.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Difficult co-workers
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Customer service
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Dealing with customers was fun and interactive. Working for aramark was good and helped megain experience in the reatil industry
Pros
TIME FLEXIBILITY
Cons
LAY OFFS
No long term growth in sight
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
No long term growth in sight. Newer employees were being paid a higher wage from the start. Poor management and high turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONJanuary 11, 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.