Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Cashier/ Frontline (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
As a cashier or frontline team member is very tough.You have to be flexible and have good attitude to your co- workers.These kind of job i learned a lot.Customer service is the best,I enjoy serving customer everyday in my workplace.i have fun doing my work.
Pros
exceptional
Cons
8 hrs.
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
always exciting with the baseball games held at the dome
Stand Lead/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
it was always an exciting place to work at the dome because its a sports stadium. always get to see different kinds of fans and be able to engage with them in a fun and welcoming aura. it tends to get really busy and there would be stressful times but the efficiency of the workers and the constant communication between the front liners and the cooks is a must.
Pros
being a part of a large franchise like the Blue Jays
Cons
breaks have to be timed perfectly
Baker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 24, 2015
Fun place to work, lots to keep you busy.Made some great friends.Friendly co-workers with lots of advise and helping hands. Best management team I have ever worked with.Loved having coffee in the morning with the students, keeps you young and in high spirits.I was very blessed to work for Aramark (Saint Mary's University).
Pros
Fun place to work with a very supportive management team!!!
Cons
summer layoffs
Very fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
The level of professionalism at Aramark was high. The vast majority of workers are incredibly supportive Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long working hours
Camp Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2016
Laid back attitude as long as you produce.good employees long term ....job security lately has been scary..but everyone is experancing this..overall I like them and want to build but difficult. a lot is expected for less pay!
Pros
good people
Cons
pay less
Lot's to do
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
Very busy
Learned to make a lot of different kinds of drinks
Good shift.
Enjoyed learning and doing the catering and doing dishes for a very busy cafeteria.
Not enough hours per week.
Friendly Co-Workers.
Cons
Not enough hours
i was a chef there
Catering Chef/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 14, 2015
I was the chef of a staff of sixty staff and in charge of ,ordering ,scheduals , making sure all employees were productive and following through with production list and cooking . health and safety, wsib, whims and work safety , cost control food cost, and management meets with Dm and university student union
Fast paced working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
The job lets you meet new people every day but its challenging at times when you have to be on your toes whole day with working fast to give a satisfying experience to your customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Seasonal business
a good company but their remote camp directors are not well organized
Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Aramark . I ran the kitchen and managed staff. I follow high moral standards but many people in todays society believe alcohol and drugs are appropriate in the workplace.
too many people in control
chef (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 27, 2016
was a great place too work for the years I was there . then too many people in charge of things they tell you to do one thing and then the next day it always seems to change
Pros
payed holidays and sick days
Cons
hire mangment got a little out of hand
I liked my job at Aramark
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be me cleaning offices, carpets, bathrooms. I waxed and polished floors. I also did garbage disposal and vacuum. One of my co-workers did not do that much on the job and left me to do most of everything. He would hide and play on his game system while me and my other co-worker actually cleaned.
A pretty average place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OnOctober 14, 2015
The easy days are the days i enjoy working there. Other days i do not enjoy. I work the pizza station, making 15-25 pizzas a day and serving them to customers. I enjoy the customers and sometimes have regulars.

I do not fit in well with my co-workers, Simply because i am a 20 year old starting off in life, and the average workers are 40 year old mothers and grandmothers. However most are kind to me and i get along well with some of them.
Pros
Free Lunches and some fun co-workers.
Cons
No benefits.
wonderful company to work with.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 finch ave eastFebruary 18, 2016
Its a very big company. its a good experience working in a union environment. as it has a union sometimes you cannot give your 100% due to some restrictions.
Pros
good people
Cons
frequent layoffs
just not a good busniess at all
Bakery/Chef (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
just was not gonna make it as a company I got injured instead of helping me they fired me the front desk lady did not know how to do her job properly and the management wasn't good at all.
Company went bankrupt.
Pros
there was no pros
Cons
was not stable
Good company to work for
breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Good company to work for lots of good workers some days long hours no overtime most managers were good learned a lot about high volume cooking
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
LONG HOURS
Productive and Team-oreinted
Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Great company, growth is a possibility if hard work is shown.
All employees from concession attendant to stand lead are unionized, help with the security of the job. Great environment especially at the Roger Center.
Great working environment!
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 27, 2015
This is one of my favourite jobs I've ever had. The management is made up of great people from what I could tell who actually cared about you. I worked in the kitchen and Chef Mathew was fantastic. He worked harder then anybody there. The rest of the staff was a little random, some were good some were awful. My only real complain with that was the awful people had to be consistently awful to be fired.
Its an open line restaurant and our customers are all university students. You interact with them while you cook, and almost every day was fun and exciting.
Pros
Good pay, job security and working conditions
Cons
Long hours, no work in summer
Enjoyable job with great hours.
Shop Labourer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Morinville, ABDecember 11, 2015
As a driver for Aramark, I enjoyed my job quite a bit there. I would get to take day long trips delivering supplies to camps in Northern Alberta, and I loved it. The coworkers were great to work with, and my direct manager was awesome.