Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Great
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 12, 2016
Aramark is a great corporate citizen and treat their employees very well. Overall a very good company to work for. The work is continuously changing and allows for new and unique challenges daily. Aramark allows people to foster their passion for people and immerse themselves in service.
great place for young people to work at
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
great place to work, lots and lots of people that work they're. you get to make your hours and have a lot of flexibility. A lot of younger people work so that socializing with others isnt that hard
Pros
free breakfast on sundays
Cons
work is not everyday
Unsupportive management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I've been here for 3 months, have 20+ years of experience in the industry and have rarely seen such disorganization and favouritism in a workplace. Zero job security even for employees with 4+ years of tenure. I will be looking for better employ this month. Wrongly assumed working for a University would be a positive environment with room to grow. Aramark is too distant and large to properly manage this location, they should stick to uniform supply.
Pros
Pay rate, thanks to my experience
Cons
Higher management is lacking oxygen to brains
Fun and productive work place
Cash, cook, catering (Former Employee) –  Alma, NSJune 9, 2016
Learned quickly with Aramark, and met a lot of great people. I did different jobs while working there. Ex. cash, cooking, catering. It was fun and busy at the same time. Everyone there was helpful.
Pros
Fun and productive
Deitary Aide
Deitary Aide (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 7, 2016
Typical day was setting up to serve residents meals, then we clean up wash dishes and reset for next meals. At the end of our work day we would make sure everything was ready for the supper rush and next staff.
Pros
I loved all the residents
Cashier/ Frontline (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
As a cashier or frontline team member is very tough.You have to be flexible and have good attitude to your co- workers.These kind of job i learned a lot.Customer service is the best,I enjoy serving customer everyday in my workplace.i have fun doing my work.
Pros
exceptional
Cons
8 hrs.
fun place to work but not getting full hours per week
Driver (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 29, 2016
Fun place to work but not getting full hours per week. I deliver food from York University to TD Centre. The job is not stressful but I do not make 40 hours per week when the university students are on vacation.
Pros
lunch provided at small cost
Cons
breaks allowed
Aramark was a great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2016
1.The supervisors and managers at Aramark were excellent!
2. The employees were very easy to work with.
3. The managers and supervisors provided good training to help you get up to speed.
4. All the employees in the IT department worked well as a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
Pros
Great supervisors, managers and employees
Cons
Mismanagement in the highest level. But really easy job
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Events if any are either overstaffed or understaffed. Not a stable job. good for acquiring experience. Friendly people and relaxed job
Pros
flexible scheduele
Cons
too many or no hours. not stable
Very fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
The level of professionalism at Aramark was high. The vast majority of workers are incredibly supportive Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long working hours
Lot's to do
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
Very busy
Learned to make a lot of different kinds of drinks
Good shift.
Enjoyed learning and doing the catering and doing dishes for a very busy cafeteria.
Not enough hours per week.
Friendly Co-Workers.
Cons
Not enough hours
Friendly environment
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2016
Aramark is a reputable catering company that has provided a very friendly work environment. It is a clean, safe place to work with friendly co-workers and friendly polite clients.
good people
Camp Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2016
Laid back attitude as long as you produce.good employees long term ....job security lately has been scary..but everyone is experancing this..overall I like them and want to build but difficult. a lot is expected for less pay!
Pros
good people
Cons
pay less
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONJanuary 11, 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
Friendly place
Cashier/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
The co workers are very friendly. The environment is safe and clean. Lots of interaction with different people. The clients are very polite and friendly
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Team work with co workers
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time at aramark, i saw multiple opportunities for teamwork. at the end of the day, everyone chipped in to get what needs to be done during the day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
repetition
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
Respectful and Driven Workplace
Vending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Aramark has been a fantastic place to work. Everyone I have worked with have been fantastic, including co-workers and management. Even though I hold a fairly low level position in the company I still feel respected and valued by my superiors (something I have not felt elsewhere). As a full time student they have been fantastic working around my school schedule and allowing time off whenever exams arise.
fun stressful
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2016
Work environment was fun co-workers were great everyone worked great at being team players boss was wonderful customers were somewhat friendly very busy.