Aramark Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, team work, great experience.
Account Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 21, 2016
Productive, team work, great experience.
poor employee benefits, poor life-work balance.

Free lunches once a month
long hours in month end difficult to take 2 week vacation in one time.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
long hours in month end
Fun and productive work place
Cash, cook, catering (Former Employee) –  Alma, NSJune 9, 2016
Learned quickly with Aramark, and met a lot of great people. I did different jobs while working there. Ex. cash, cooking, catering. It was fun and busy at the same time. Everyone there was helpful.
Pros
Fun and productive
Cons
Aramark was a great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2016
1.The supervisors and managers at Aramark were excellent!
2. The employees were very easy to work with.
3. The managers and supervisors provided good training to help you get up to speed.
4. All the employees in the IT department worked well as a team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
Pros
Great supervisors, managers and employees
Cons
fun place to work but not getting full hours per week
Driver (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 29, 2016
Fun place to work but not getting full hours per week. I deliver food from York University to TD Centre. The job is not stressful but I do not make 40 hours per week when the university students are on vacation.
Pros
lunch provided at small cost
Cons
breaks allowed
Cashier/ Frontline (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
As a cashier or frontline team member is very tough.You have to be flexible and have good attitude to your co- workers.These kind of job i learned a lot.Customer service is the best,I enjoy serving customer everyday in my workplace.i have fun doing my work.
Pros
exceptional
Cons
8 hrs.
Deitary Aide
Deitary Aide (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 7, 2016
Typical day was setting up to serve residents meals, then we clean up wash dishes and reset for next meals. At the end of our work day we would make sure everything was ready for the supper rush and next staff.
Pros
I loved all the residents
Good place to work all around
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONJanuary 11, 2016
My biggest issue with this position has been job security.
We are sub contracted so there is always the threat another company can replace us, leaving us out of work. Overall it has been a great place to work, I have been treated fairly and enjoyed my time with this company. The only other issue I had was lack of room for advancement due to it being a smaller sub contracted position. I enjoyed the challenges of such a busy environment and the responsibilities I was trusted with. I learned a lot from this job, most importantly I learned how to be in a position of authority and maintain the trust and respect of my co workers while keeping productivity at the forefront of my duties.
Very fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
The level of professionalism at Aramark was high. The vast majority of workers are incredibly supportive Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long working hours
Mismanagement in the highest level. But really easy job
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Events if any are either overstaffed or understaffed. Not a stable job. good for acquiring experience. Friendly people and relaxed job
Pros
flexible scheduele
Cons
too many or no hours. not stable
very poor experience
beer vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I was hired and was never called to give a start date. No calls what so ever. I was waiting till just before bluejay opening day when after I called they told me.

I feel happy as I don't want to work for a company that don't treat people with respect
good people
Camp Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2016
Laid back attitude as long as you produce.good employees long term ....job security lately has been scary..but everyone is experancing this..overall I like them and want to build but difficult. a lot is expected for less pay!
Pros
good people
Cons
pay less
Lot's to do
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
Very busy
Learned to make a lot of different kinds of drinks
Good shift.
Enjoyed learning and doing the catering and doing dishes for a very busy cafeteria.
Not enough hours per week.
Friendly Co-Workers.
Cons
Not enough hours
Respectful and Driven Workplace
Vending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Aramark has been a fantastic place to work. Everyone I have worked with have been fantastic, including co-workers and management. Even though I hold a fairly low level position in the company I still feel respected and valued by my superiors (something I have not felt elsewhere). As a full time student they have been fantastic working around my school schedule and allowing time off whenever exams arise.
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
Never worked somewhere more disorganized and unprofessional
food service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2016
I have never been treated worse as an employee in my life.

Management has no respect for staff and are completely unwilling to accommodate for people in school or who need time off for appointments, holidays, etc and a particular manager I could only describe as the type who feels the need to use fear tactics to keep employees in line, as they don't REALLY manage the store. In fact, most employees are even hired without any sort of interview process, and it shocks people when staff does not come into work or things are stolen.

Management aside, I truly enjoyed my coworkers and the workplace itself despite the cons. Customers were unbelievable and I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone (especially chefs and assuming management changes)
Pros
Location and free food/ beverage
Cons
Everything else, especially management
Friendly environment
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2016
Aramark is a reputable catering company that has provided a very friendly work environment. It is a clean, safe place to work with friendly co-workers and friendly polite clients.
Team work with co workers
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time at aramark, i saw multiple opportunities for teamwork. at the end of the day, everyone chipped in to get what needs to be done during the day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
repetition
Friendly place
Cashier/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
The co workers are very friendly. The environment is safe and clean. Lots of interaction with different people. The clients are very polite and friendly
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONDecember 8, 2015
Was always greeted on arrival. I learned that there are lost of different kinds of people and that many different way of making ones coffee. Also, it some times takes more then a smile to have great customer service. Management was always there to help and answer questions. The hardest part of the job was calibrations and cleaning some of the machines. Most enjoyable was the customers leaving with a smile, knowing you gave them good customer service.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
Non-long hours
Awesome work place with lenient scheduling
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
A great place to work! The atmosphere is awesome and everyone who you work with is great, awesome people. The management was the best part of the job, I am a very busy person and was going away in the summer because my parents were taking us on vacation (I am a student worker). I told management I would be gone for all of July and they completely accommodated me and welcomed me back in August. Truly a great place to work!
Pros
50% off all Rogers Centre Food
Cons
I lived far away, so it was far for me to commute to