Aramark Employee Reviews

Standard outsourced restaurant company
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 December 2016
Very large company practicing standard protocols and service. Because it is such a large company, it feels very hollow to work there. Management is cold and its very hard to be feel like you matter in such a big company.
Pros
always pays on time
Cons
boring at times
great job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
the management there are hard working and very helpful. I learned a lot about managing people. hard part about job is dealing with csr.
Pros
good people
Overall good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2016
learned working with flexible team.
customer service experience gained.
meeting new people everyday enjoyable part of the job.
working as a team and accomplishing required goals.
good food
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB19 December 2016
nice place to work, great gym great food and the house keepi8ng staff were very friendly and outgoing and always there to help with all your needs. nice place
Super Energetic and fast paced.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2016
Through the time that I worked for Aramark, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience working with the energetic team and the amazing management. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a fulfilling and entertaining work environment.

As long as you can stay on your toes, and keep up, Aramark is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Management was amazing.
Cons
Little room for advancement.
Excellent Company
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2016
Great working environment and treats everyone equal. They have a great work/life balance. Many opportunity if willing to relocated.
Fun summer job
Concessions Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2016
Fun place to work in the summer.
Friendly co-workers.
All staff members are approachable.
Would recommend if you want a summer job
professional organization
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON12 December 2016
professional organization, opportunities for people who are ready to accept challenge and grow with the organization
High commitment to excellence in camp cuisine.
2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Sunday Creek.9 December 2016
The camps I worked worked at with Aramark were exceptionally well organized. The food we put out was the best food you could create for a camp environment. Great variety of food that people working hard in an extreme environment everyday would appreciative. Lots of fresh fruit, and baked goods, and a wide variety of main courses and entrees. I loved the quality of food we put out. It was always top notch.

When you work everyday with a group of guys and girls you develop an appreciation for who they are. You develop bonds and connections and it makes the whole experience enjoyable. I met some of the coolest guys while working with Aramark. Still think of them fondly.
Pros
Great facilities, clean, very competent staff. Great transport to and from the camps.
Cons
I honestly can't think of a single con, other than I wasn't working with the sane team all the way through.
Clean work
Project Worker (cleaner) (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat AB7 December 2016
Working as a janitor for Aramark in the Vallyview retirement home was really good work. I was able to do most things relatively quickly as a lot of what was required was easy to do. Other staff were friendly, and I was likewise with them.
Suffield army base cafe
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Suffield, AB2 December 2016
Long days, hard on our feet, very demanding job at times but also rewarding to.
Working for Penny and Van at Aramark in Suffield was a pleasure. They are both amazing bosses, and would for for them again any day.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Not enough employees
Easy
Cook (Seasonal/ Canadian Tire Centre) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON17 November 2016
They hire anyone, so when they are searching for workers, it is very easy to get into it. Most managers don't actually care about their workers.
Productive and an ok work place. Good managment, fun staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2016
The company has gotten me where I am today . I am thankful for that but now I must move on. Managment is great. The staff is fun and working in many facilities across the hamilton. They have great benefits and pay is all right.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Not a work enviroment for me
Productive and a place where I learnt a lot under my directors supervision
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
A typical day at work includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll Management and progressive meetings.

I have learnt to do the payroll and accounts receivable with expertise. Learnt to Manage the entire office culture and relationships.

Management and co-workers go hand-in-hand. I have learnt to manage deadlines and outcomes by polishing my skills to address them to my my co-workers and sub-ordinates.

Hardest part of my job is its in-mobility. I would sit on my computer for 8 straight hours working on different things followed by meetings.

Enjoyable part of the job is to encounter something new everyday and to resolve issues with the Management Team. I always like to ice it up by putting some extra effort to make sure that the issue does not arise again.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long seating hours
Other than work I did not get to know my coworkers very well except for 1 or 2. There were recreation provided like pool tables weight room.
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
My last work with Aramark was a camp job and we worked three weeks in one week out. Working 63 hours a week was tough on the body and I did not like my position.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
I really hated the job I was tasked with. I will never do that work again.
My typical day at work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
My day was enjoyable - the multicultural atmosphere - the staff unity - the management organisation.

Work was pleasure - and when you enjoy what you do, it is no longer work - it is fun.

My hardest part of the job was to find replacements for staff that were ill or couldn't make it to work for some reason. Even though everyone was cross-trained, I had problems due to the union seniority issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the client satisfaction and staff acceptance of me.
Pros
Parking - good food - gym facility
Cons
Driving to work in the snow.
Good place to work, everyone is treated equally
Executive Assistant to Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
I worked at the head office and being an Admin person I was the first point of contact. My day use to start with managers requesting for Special Pay notice because some of our employees did not get paid. I believe that all employees are entitled for their salary. Sometime I also receive request for booking flight, hotel reservation or there could be some grievances. I would always have request from Tim Hortons or Pizza Pizza or Subway requesting their documents. In addition to regular office work.

I learned to prioritize your work

Aramark is a big company, we have different line of business and we all worked as a team.

The hardest part of the job is during month end, when you have to reconcile all accounts, and have to work a couple of evenings till 8 or 8.30 pm to make sure everything is correct.

Enjoyable part - We use to get free lunches
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours during month end
Business created to scam children
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
0/10 not gr8 m8
got p8d good w8g but so sad
Now i has crippling depression
and I drinking bleache
i buy new mansion and now i crippling debt
Very challenging and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
Great opportunity to open a state of the art facility. Greatest challenge was working based as a US employee working in Canada. Systems were not in place to efficiently transfer employment.
Pros
Always challenging
Cons
Biforcated customer
Cashier at Aramark
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2016
I learned how to communicate and make transactions throughout the day. The management team is really understanding and cooperative. The co-workers are eager to help with almost anything. As most of the students' are international students whose first language is not English, so there is a chance of arising miscommunication. The enjoyable part of the job is that almost 99% of the customer are university students so you can say I know most of the customers.